Inactive [Inactive][FUN] NPCX + Civilizations! [1.8] Everquest style BOTS, paths, aggro, loot, guard, shops,.

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by mixxit, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Offline

mixxit

npcx!
    Version: See thread title for bukkit compatibility (usually RB)
    Test Server: world.soliniaonline.com:25565

[​IMG]

Implements everquest style npc spawngroups using the npc library allowing you to make persistent npcs/rare npcs spawn around your map. Npcs will fight back if attacked and even talk on right click. They will sell items and can even have loot assigned and be given factions and paths to walk and npc trading

Install / Changelog / Commands / README

All of this has now moved to http://soliniaonlinemc.wordpress.com/2011/09/24/npcx/

Addendum

I will be updating NPCX in the future with a rewrite for 1.9 bot functionality

2. Offline

mixxit

and now you see what the settings table is going to be for

3. Offline

Insanehero

I'm pretty sure I do I just downloaded and redownloaded the one on the front page 5 times still giving me the same error 0.o it's really weird...

4. Offline

MarcoPolo1990

nothing stands about that table in the FAQ
    pls add

5. Offline

mixxit

thanks for this interesting (part4) and informative informative post

ENTITY_DAMAGE is part of bukkit 617, it replaced ENTITY_DAMAGED sometime earlier

If you don't have entity damage it means you dont have the right bukkit

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  6. Offline

Bill Warner

is it possible to make this configurable with skins from a folder or are the hooks just not available?

7. Offline

mixxit

hehe i said that is what it's going to be 'used' for

it's not in the readme till its in use

this is controlled by the client not bukkit - you need client mods for that so not all your players will see the same as you

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

8. Offline

Insanehero

I think I got something to work cause those errors are gone but now im getting spawngroup table does not exit and faction table does not exist.

9. Offline

Joeyy

Checking it out ;).
    Fixed the error btw.

10. Offline

Luong

If it can't create the table up to v1.09, and keep saying it is out of sync, go back and delete all the tables from MySQL database. In the npcx.properties file, name the following changes and restart the server for the plugin to recreate the tables:
    Code:
    db-version=1
    update=true
    Add this one line of code to delete one more of the newer tables if you want to wipe the latest database version v1.09 instead:
    Code:
    DROP TABLE IF EXISTS faction_entries;
    If you can't find the post, it is located at: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/fu...ard-shops-quest-chat.9186/page-28#post-189502

11. Offline

chatfriend2001

Hi!
    don't know if it's been suggested yet, but multiworld-support would be nice!
    On my server are 3 worlds, 2 normal and 1 nether. I'd like to use npcs in both normal worlds :)
    Great plugin btw :)

12. Offline

mixxit

out of date info can you edit suggestions with 'delete npcx folder' as the correct way at the moment?

I understand, just wanna get it working on one world first

13. Offline

Insanehero

Finally I got it to work many thanks! One last thing though i'm not sure how to delete a npc or spawngroup. Do I do it through the database or in game?

14. Offline

dudes34

Event_close or similar commands such as npcsummonwolf do not work can you show me exactly how to type them so I can confirm I am not making a mistake. I love the mod by the way!! I want to make Granny_Bacon to say my your cute ones when you get close AHA Yogscast is epic. Could you show me how I would make her do that? I also would want a NPC to summon a wolf when you use the word wolf in a sentence while speaking to him. Could you show me how? Thanks

I FIXED IT!!! Thanks anyway loving it!!!

15. Offline

Speedy2662

can you go to the irc channel, or do you have skype?

16. Offline

mixxit

minimum version for support 0.454

17. Offline

dudes34

Is there anyway to remove the NPC's armour? I tried setting it to 0 in the Database and when I reload the server there still wearing the chain mail? Any ideas? Thanks. I love this plugin, anyway to make the pathgroups repeat? mine don't..

18. Offline

mixxit

look at the menu /npcx npc

You will see the chest, legs, helmet etc

19. Offline

dudes34

Ill give it a try thanks and again great work thank you!!

Sorry, sorry and sorry! But can all these 3 work at once? They don't appear too.. Thanks[​IMG]

20. Offline

mixxit

Hmm, i didn't intend for 3 at once but i can't see any reason why not, it loops the triggerwords and initiates the event_close check calling the response - is it just doing the first one?

21. Offline

Insanehero

How do you delete spawngroups? In the database or in game??

22. Offline

dudes34

Yeah It does the first one it doesnt say the text or anything my bro thinks this mods amazing hes 13 so im making quests for him. This one involving Israphel lol. Thanks again!!

23. Offline

Ash88

Hey hey - still playing with this amazing mod.

I'm placing an "honour guard" very specifically - I understand all the x,y,z,pitch settings in the database, but I can't figure out Yaw? I mean, I set it to 10 and he is heading the same way as if I set it to 100. And although my pitch is 0 and he is looking straight (not tilted up or down) sometimes his head is rotated left or right. How does Yaw work?

All I have figured out so far is that 0 is straight west.

24. Offline

Insanehero

I hate to be an annoying noob but can anyone help me I don't know how to delete spawngroups...

25. Offline

mixxit

/npcx spawngroup delete spawngroupid

See the readme or even in game command list /npcx spawngroup

try /npcx spawngroup updatepos

It will move the spawngroup to your position (and heading) :D

in game see the /npcx spawngroup menu

ill get this working since it would be a very nice feature

26. Offline

Insanehero

Hey thanks man! One last thing (I promise this time xD) Is there a special way to setup iConomy with this plugin or is it automatic cause im getting error occured with any iConomy related commands with npcx. iConomy commands work just fine though just not with npcx. Also is there an easy way the deleting a whole spawn group to delete an npc? Is there a command just to delete an npc. I tried /npcx npc delete ID but that didnt work. Sorry for the questions...

27. Offline

Ash88

Hey thanks mixxit - I appreciate it!

The problem is that when the npc moves to the updatepos position he doesn't necessarily take on the heading (pitch/yaw). So I'm just editing the tables - much quicker and reliable. Any idea how the Yaw number translates into an actual facing?

Maybe in a related note, when NPCs move for whatever reason (like being attacked) they are less than faithful about returning to their spawn positions (and I have yet to see one go back to the same heading/pitch/yaw). What are the possibilities of making them more faithful to this?

28. Offline

Luong

Could, but that leads to another problem, and that is the configuration of the MySQL server. without a proper MySQL configuration, it will create a default configuration file all over again to which you have to modify the MySQL configuration file to match the MySQL login information. Some user will just end up getting confuse about the error message then. Also, editing 2 lines is just lesser work then editing 2 lines =p

To be honest, I wish the community would use the same mysql-connector far file in the lib folder, with only the mysql login information that is share among all plugin supporting MySQL. Atleast this way, deleting plugin folder is easiest way to recreate table, and the user don't have to edit the file for MySQL login each time ^_~ That, or you can split the configuration into 2 separate files, one for MySQL login information, and the other for the npcx settings. That way, all you have to do is delete the npcx setting files. Just something to think about.

3D application uses different types of Axis of Rotation formulas. Minecraft uses the popular pitch, roll and yaw formula. Yaw is the Y-Axis rotation (direction body is facing), Pitch is the X-Axis rotation (head looking up or down), and Roll is the Z-Axis rotation (turning body upside-down). I could have the x & z miss up though, I always do, but i believe the z-axis is the direction that the monitor is facing.

When you are in the game, type the command '/getpos'. To get the npc to face the same directly, the offset of the Yaw is +90 degrees. If you want the npc to stand in the middle of the square tile, the offset to both x & y is +0.5.

29. Offline

mixxit

I believe mysql is now bundled into bukkit, or at least it was in the changelog - i might move over to this *or even persistence*

When i look into this I will probably fix the manifest to match it

I'm worried about using update = true as I haven't tested it, feedback here is great when people post it but can be retroactive - for example you couldn't even install npcx recently due to it being unable to wipe some tables and I didn't even know about it!

Ah well, still early days I guess :) Just wish i was getting more info regarding errors than general setup problems!

30. Offline

Luong

lol, isn't that a good thing in a way? XD sorry, but I really can't help but laugh at that statement =p

But yea, I knew about not being to update if the table is out of sync, and unable to reinstall if you don't wipe the tables ^^; It's why I posted my MySQL Scripts =)

31. Offline

mixxit

Lol, well i guess when you look at it like that :D Thanks for your posts btw! Makes me beam with joy to see others contribute!