[INACTIVE][FUN/MECH/RPG] EasyRPG v0.9.7 - The easiest RPG plugin you'll use! [928]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Mark Lohstroh, May 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Mark Lohstroh

EasyRPG - Version: v0.9.7

I am now going around and visiting public servers with my plugin. So if you want me to visit your server and get ideas from your people on your server please message me! I love doing it.

NOW MCMMO COMPATIBLE!

This is an easy RPG plugin (hence the name). There are currently four classes. Warrior, Mage, Rogue, and Archer. For each class there are two stats. A primary stat and a secondary stat. Each class has their own skills. Skills and stats will be explained below.

Commands:
    • /rpgstats - Displays your level, primary and secondary stats and current mana
    • /points - Displays your points that you can distribute
    • /class - Lists classes you can chose from or displays your own class
    • /class [class_name] - Chooses your class
    • /points [1 or 2] [points to add] - Adds points to your primary [1] or secondary [2] stat
    • /xp - Displays how much XP you have left till your next level
    • /skill - Skills you've unlocked and lists their mana requirements
    • /skill [skill_name] - Switches your skill to that skill (Skill names are case sensitive)
    • /changeclass [class name] - Changes your class but cuts all your xp and stats in half!
    • /reloadrpg - Reloads all the constants and properties files
    • /resetplayer - Removes the player from the database allowing him to start over
    Download the Plugin

Download SQL Lite Put in the same directory as bukkit.jar

Requires Permissions,

Nodes: 'easyrpg.canrpg' for normal users and 'easyrpg.canreload' for OP's

Source Code

Admin Info:
    The plugin creates a EasyRPG.config file where it includes customizable xp values when you kill or break blocks. For now, don't add in any extra blocks because I haven't put in any block ID recognition yet.

Stat Info:
    When you attack, the damage dealt to the mob/player goes like this.

initial damage * 1.03 ^ firstStat

And defense goes like this

1.06 ^ secondStat

Very Simple

When you level up, your mana will go up also. It goes up as much as your first stat.

Mana regenerates every second and more regenerates when you add points to your second stat.

All mage skill are used by a right clicking when holding stick (Wand or Redstone Torch). Archery skills work when you shoot an arrow. Depending on what your current skill is thats what will happen. Warrior skills are mostly passive. Leeching health is the only thing thats not passive. And it happens when you hit someone.

Configuring Skills:

To configure a classes' skill, you need to open up their config file. In there, you'll find the default skills. To make your own skills, you'll need to follow the format. The format should be included in the config file but here it is for reference anyways.

The format goes like this [level of skill]:[skill name]:[skill effect]:[skill effectiveness]:[mana needed]

So and example for a weak fire ball would be. 1:Weak Blast:fire:1:20

[level of skill] is just what level the player needs to be.
    [skill name] is the name that the user will have to type in to switch to that skill
    [skill effect] is the effect that the skill will have on impact. They are pretty easy to figure out.
    [skill effectiveness] is basically how hard the skill will hit. You can currently only put 1 or 2 in here currently. But a 2 will have more effect than a one basically.
    [mana needed] is just the amount of mana needed to cast a spell.

Skill Effect List - These are the exact effects that need to be put into the config file
    Show Spoiler

Warrior - Can only use swords
    • att_up - Passively increases warriors attack
    • resist - Resists any skill effect cast on the warrior. The mana for this should be decently low to make the warrior a more appealing class. Note: Skill effectiveness will not change the efficiency of the skill.
    • leech - Leeches health
    Mage - Can't use a bow or above an stone sword
    • fire - Casts a fireball at the user, only catches on fire if the spell hits
    • heal - A healing spell. Note: The efficiency if this spell should be set to 1 and the priests heal set to 2 just to make the priests a bit nicer.
    • lightning - Casts one or five lightning bolts on the entity if the spell hits
    • explode - Creates an explosion if the spell hits the entity
    Archer - Can't use above an stone sword
    • fire - Same as mage, only if the arrow lands
    • lightning - Same as mage
    • poison - Right now, catches the user on fire for so long. So less powerful than the fire arrow.
    • explode - Same as mage
    Rogue - Can use bows and swords
    • vanish - Lets the user vanish from sight and do anything he likes. Until he reappears. Used by sneaking
    • trap - Traps the user in a spider web so the rogue can finish them off
    • poison - poisons the hit entity
    • STEALING TO COME
    Priest - Can't use a bow or above an stone sword
    • cure - Cures the user if the user is on fire.
    • group_heal - Heals everyone in the priests range. ALSO HEALS OTHER PEOPLE ALSO
    • heal - Recovers a certain amount of health. Note: Efficiency should be set to 2
    • barrier - Puts up a 3X3 barrier of cobble stone for protection. Note: Skill efficiency has no effect on this
    • passive_heal - When this is the priests current skill, and mana permits, the priest will regain health over time
    • cure_all - Cures everyone in the priests range of fire

Known Issues:
    • People can work around the weapon restriction. (will be fixed in v0.9.7)
    • Fishing rods have the same effect as a arrow if the player is an archer
    TODO:
    • Switch from sqlLite to mySql
    Changelog

Show Spoiler

Version 0.9.7 - MORE BUG FIXES!

• Permissons support has been added! 'easyrpg.canrpg' for normal users 'easyrpg.canreload' for OP's​
    • Stat names now change along with the class​
    • Invisiblity issues are fixed​
    • The book scrolling is finally fixed, NOTE: In order for this to work correctly, in the config file, you must line the skills up going from lowest level needed to highest level needed.
    • Leech SHOULD be fixed.​
    • Monsters are nastier and you can now defend against them​
    • Block xp should scale now.​
    • Fixed the stats disappearing and reload issues. You can now use /reload all with my plugin!​
    • Fixed the healing players when you attack them. (Thats probably why you couldn't kill anyone :p)​
    Version 0.9.6 - Mainly just a bug fix update
    • Hopefully fixed the disappearing info for the players NOTE: Not completely
    • Priests' barriers only last for 30 seconds
    • The stat system has been redone.
    • Monsters are now more powerful and you will now have defense against them.
    • Added more commands, allows for my plugin to reload my constants
    • CHANGED THE .CONFIG FILES TO .PROPERTIES YOU MUST SWITCH THE STATS OVER. This change was made due to some ftp clients not being able to handle .config files.
    • Changed /add to /points
    • Fixed the healing issues and mana draining NOTE: Nope...
    • Group xp now hopefully working ;)
    • Half step disappearing when lit on fire SHOULD not happen now.
    Version 0.9.5
    • Fixed the rogue reappearing bug
    • Xp now scales up when you are a higher level
    • Fixed stupid typos in my source
    Version 0.9.4
    • Added priests and rogues
    • Added skill effects for priests and rogues
    Version 0.9.3
    • No more sneaking for mana. Mana regens every second
    • Heal actually heals
    • Effect group_heal has been added, not tested yet.
    • Inventory null pointer fix
    • mcMMO compatible
    • changed /stats to /info
    • A redstone torch now acts as a wand
    Version 0.9.2

• Bug fixes!
    • No more negative mana
    • Fast skill switching via right clicking while holding a book.
    • Found bug that i was surprised that no one complained about...
    • You will find a rouge.config, but don't screw around with it, it won't get you anything and you can't choose it yet. Thats in v0.9.3
    • I toned down the attacking a LOT. So all damage dealt is now multiplied by 0.2 so we don't have someone how just boosts his first stat a ton.
    Version 0.9.1

• Fixed issues with fire destroying non-air blocks.
    • Fixed the calculations for damaging mobs.
    • Removed the weapon just disappearing and reassigned it to another empty inventory slot.
    • All skills are customizable and scalable! They are in their own config files in the EasyRPG directory
    • All you need is the jar file to run the plugin now. The plugin will take care of the rest.
    Version 0.9
    • Published the plugin

This plugin may not be worth donating towards yet, so thats ok. Don't feel obligated.

[​IMG]

2. Offline

Neoinr

I had all of the listed errors until I disabled mcMMO
    Is there any way you could change your commands etc to make it compatible with mcMMO? At least if the Swords/Bows skills are disabled?

3. Offline

Brvtvs

Doesn't it say in the main post not to use it with mcMMO?

4. Offline

Neoinr

No where in this entire thread is mcMMO mentioned, and even if it was, I was just requesting compatibility, because being able to have Classes and Professions would be good.

5. Offline

Brvtvs

My bad, I was thinking of another plugin that just came out too.

6. Offline

spyker6own

LOVE THIS BASIC PLUGIN
    or at least the idea, i will use thgis plugin when its updated and some bugs are fixed
    Good Job!

7. Offline

Mark Lohstroh

Ok, I fixed the block break problem. I forgot to check to make sure you were in the database before I tried to give you xp. As for the xp problem, i'm not entirely sure whats wrong there as I have not encountered that error yet. And I couldn't replicate it. I'll look into it more, but it hasn't been a problem on any other server I've tested it on.

I will think about that. I forgot to put in my main post to not use mcMMO. I just figured that when people saw /stats they would figure out that it would conflict with mcMMO. I'll look about making EasyRPG compatible with mcMMO in the future. Maybe in v1.0. (I'm rolling out v0.9.1 really soon). But the reason that mcMMO will be difficult to be compatible with is because you'll have to disable some stats that people might want and some things might go funky inside. But I'll look into it and get back to you guys.

Most of the bugs that you all have listed have been fixed, and in v0.9.1, custom skills will come along those bug fixes. I'm hoping to rolling out v0.9.1 in the next couple of days!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  8. Offline

Tearlow

I love it!

I do however have a complaint that is starting to get to me sadly. I assume It has to do with the Fireblocks being placed when it hits something (Fireball and Fire-Arrow). If you hit something that is currently in Water it will lower the water at the inpact square by X levels and adjucent blocks will flow towards the inpact. This might not make sense, but pick Archer as your class. Find a target in water, then hit it and you will understand :)

Another thing to point out is that once you picked a class you can still use it again to pick another class. However, this creates a new entry in the database but will not delete the old one. This can lead to quite a few duplicate entries.

EDIT: I missed out a smaller "point" Zeus arrow along with Firearrow for the Archers- If you hit a pig with Zeus (Lightning) it will turn them into an army of Pigmen- However most of them are clientside only- But since you see 15 of them It's impossible to tell which one is real. Not to mention, Lightning/Fire do hardly any damage to these creatures.

9. Offline

Mark Lohstroh

I am aware of those bugs (changing classes, and fireball in water) and I have fixed them in v0.9.1. Which I will be releasing today!

10. Offline

lloyd menzies

Im looking forward to your fixes this is a great plugin but a lot of my players are complaining about their weapons disappearing and that sometimes sneaking wont regenerate your mana

11. Offline

Mark Lohstroh

The plugin is fixed and updated. And sorry about the weapons disappearing... i fixed that issue so people can still hold on to their weapons. And as for the sneaking, there was an issue where a person would only sneak for not even one second and then they would regain however high their second stat was. So i put in a safeguard to make sure they had to hold it for a while. It makes them vulnerable to attack when they are regaining mana. So they have to have some strategy when going into battle.

12. It says i have fireball, but when I choose it it says it doesnt exist! And what is the wand?

13. Offline

Mark Lohstroh

Ok... I looked into that and I dont' have a fix for that yet.... Like at all.. >.> I'm trying to look for some kind of fix.

The skills are case sensitive! I forgot to mention that(Main post has been updated). And the wand is a stick. Right click with a stick.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

kahlilnc likes this.
  14. Offline

riddlogic

I too am getting the xp error. Both on my Servercraft server as well as a brand new dev server I set up locally with nothing by bukkit and this plugin. After a logging out, restarting my server a couple times, this went away.

Thanks for fixing the folder creation bit! I am able to choose a class now.

15. Offline

Metzelda

Tried to delete the plugin because it wouldn't let me use diamond. After I deleted the plugin I got back on my server and it still said that I wasn't a high enough level even without the plugin. How do I get rid of this message. I really like this but I'm trying to build a city and I NEED diamond to do it. All it lets me use is wooden tools, wooden tools don't build cities.

16. Offline

Brvtvs

You didn't successfully delete the plugin then. Stop your server and delete the jar

17. Offline

Mark Lohstroh

AND I didn't restrict any tools. Just swords. So that shouldn't be my plugin. No clue why it was not letting you use diamonds tools. I never restricted that. Not my plugin.

So you're no longer having this xp error? Because I have not been able to find and recreate the issue.

18. Offline

therock387

Hello there :) I'm a big fan of your plugin. It has been working perfectly fine all day too!
    I thought I should bring to your attention some bugs that I found..
    Half-way through the day my MC crashed, I logged back into the server and it said I gained 1091203912 (Or some INSANE amount).
    This would repeat every time I would crouch.
    Another bug is that the /xp function doesn't seem to be working. This MAY or MAY NOT be YOUR plugin doing this, but I would like to pinpoint this problem.

This is what I would get in-game:
    [​IMG]

Then this in the console:

00:38:53 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'xp' in plugin EasyRPG v0.0.1
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:255)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:677)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:640)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:634)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:195)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.ninename.easyrpg.EasyRPG.getXP(EasyRPG.java:332)
    at com.ninename.easyrpg.RPGPlayer.xpNeededTillNextLevel(RPGPlayer.java:211)
    at com.ninename.easyrpg.EasyRPG.onCommand(EasyRPG.java:123)
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    ... 12 more
    >

I didn't read the whole thing.. I lost interest about 1/4 of the way through.. Don't judge me ^^.

19. Offline

Mark Lohstroh

I
    I see WHERE the problem is but I'm not sure WHY its happening. The only reason I can think of why its doing that is because its asking for something from your config file. Did you try to restart the server and still have the same issues? If this still persists, try backing up your old config file, and renaming it something else and let my plugin recreate a basic one. Let me know if that works please.

And as for the immense amount of mana, I'm guessing your client crashed when you were sneaking. And I didn't think of that (fixing the bug now).

20. Offline

therock387

Mkay, I reset my server. Started from scratch (I was really only fooling with plugins on the temp map) and it still pops up the error from the start. I ran with Bukkit 740, and it gave me the error.

21. Offline

Jeremy Mancini

How do you switch between your spells???
    Btw i love this plug in. :)

22. Offline

therock387

/skill -spell name-

/skill to see what you've unlocked.

23. Offline

spirit293

THE BEST PLUGIN EVER THANKS...
    Btw add a rouge and priest class for healing and stealth... and fast Skills switching would become the best plugin here ever then... :)

24. Offline

Jeremy Mancini

Th
    an you very much. :)

25. Offline

Mark Lohstroh

I am putting in the rouge class over the next couple of weeks. And I'm wondering if I should make a whole different class (Priest) or if I should just add a AOE heal spell to the mages.

And I'm tossing around ideas for fast skill switching. If you have any, message me.

26. Offline

BioRage

I'd say have separate classes.

27. Offline

therock387

same

28. Your factions idea, theres a factions plugin why not get in contact and see if you could make them compatible? just thought id say. Great looking plugin btw about to try it now.

P.S is there a way to remove your class to choose a new one and start over again? X: chose archer and wanted to be warrior was just testing stuff.

29. Offline

Mark Lohstroh

I'll work on it :)

Sadly you can't chose another class in game. You'll have to open the data base (sqllite3) and delete the record and relog. I'm tossing around ideas for requirements to change classes. Maybe it'll cost money, maybe only admins can do it.

For now though, just delete the database and restart.

As for the factions, the factions plugin is just towny code wise. 16X16 plots and wouldn't work with my plugin. I just want to create a sense of sides (meaning good and evil).

30. Offline

therock387

You could have a runecraft type thing that you could do. Just search over the source code of the runecraft plugin and observe how they handle the block formations. You could have an exorcism type thing. Maybe sacrifice raw meat?

31. Offline

lloyd menzies

I've had to remove this plugin from me server it is simply to buggy please work on it some more. What people are getting negative mana (i have updated) (Instant killing monsters for warriors :confused:) Needs a lot of work pleae carry on to keep us updated and i will check back here.

Any ETA on a fixed version ?