[INACTIVE][FUN/MECH] PwnCraft v1.06 - The RPG PvP Plugin [740]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Uremir, May 5, 2011.

1. Offline

Uremir

PwnCraft - The RPG PvP Plugin:
    Version: v1.06

PwnCraft is an advanced system of classes and leveling that grants unique abilities as you level. You can gain experience by mining, placing blocks, killing monsters, and especially killing players. PwnCraft adds a RPG and PvP experience to your server unlike any you have ever seen. Even if your server isn't PvP oriented, the RPG aspect of PwnCraft is still amazing due to our fantastic class system. Watch the video below for a preview of the Wizard.

Features:
    * Advanced class system

- * Choose your class upon reaching level one.
    * Gain unique, class specific abilities as you level.
    - Advanced leveling system
    * Receive EXP for mining and placing blocks, and killing creatures and players.
    * Level up upon receiving a set amount of EXP.
    - Amazing Help Menu
    * "/pc help" for an awesome help menu
    * "/pc command list" for a list of available commands

* A Rock-Paper-Scissors Balance System

- * Assassins are powerful against Wizards
    * Wizards are powerful against Warriors
    * Warriors are powerful against Assassins

* Assassin class
    Show Spoiler
    - * Level 1: Stealth (Become temporarily hidden from enemies with a feather)
    * Level 2: Enhanced Agility (Temporary sprint and half falling damage - SHIFT)
    * Level 3: Pick Pocket (Chance to steal a random item from a player with a slime ball)
    * Level 4: Poisoned Blades (Sword attacks do additional damage over time)
    * Level 5: Murder (Heal for 2 hearts on killing an enemy player)
    * Level 6: Crippling Poison (Sword attacks have a chance to slow enemy movement)
    * Level 7: Back Stab (High chance when attacking from behind with a sword to do 1.5x damage)

- Warrior class
    Show Spoiler
    * Level 1: Battle Vision (You see your enemies' remaining HP on damaging them)
    * Level 2: Ferocious Charge (You uncontrollably rush forwards with your axe - SHIFT)
    * Level 3: Block (Small chance to block an enemy's attack)
    * Level 4: Combat Training (You passively do slightly more damage)
    * Level 5: Thick Skin (Immune to damage over time effects like fire and poison)
    * Level 6: Decisive Blow (High cooldown strike for 2x damage with your sword)

* Level 7: Counter Attack (Small chance to counter an enemy's attack)

- Wizard class
    Show Spoiler
    * Level 1: Blast (Blast a small section for low damage - Torch)
    * Level 2: Blink (Teleport forward a short distance - SHIFT)
    * Level 3: Frost Bomb (A small frost explosion for low damage that slows enemies - Snow Ball)
    * Level 4: Nature's Grasp (Nature temporarily encases a small area - Sapling)
    * Level 5: Lightning Strike (Lightning strikes the ground in a very small area for moderate damage - Redstone Torch)
    * Level 6: Bone Shield (Create a protective shield of bone around yourself - Bone)
    * Level 7: Time Warp (Halts all enemy movement around you for a short time - Clock)

Wizard Preview:

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Co-Developer: Danton
    Danton's Profile: http://forums.bukkit.org/members/danton.59135/

Installation:
    * Download the latest Minecraft Server
    * Download the latest CraftBukkit.snapshot
    * Place the CraftBukkit.snapshot in your server folder
    * Run the CraftBukkit.snapshot that is in your server folder
    * Download the PwnCraft.jar
    * Drag the PwnCraft.jar into your plugin folder
    * Shut down your server all the way
    * Re-launch your server

Planned Features:
    * Paladin
    * Cleric
    * Monk
    * Ranger
    * Party System
    * Races (Possibly)

Special Thanks:
    * Crash for helping me with the "behind" an enemy algorithm.
    * Samkio for making awesome video guides to get Danton and I started.
    * Anyone and everyone who posts feedback and supports PwnCraft.

Support:
    * Spread the word! Tell your friends about PwnCraft to help spread this awesome plugin!
    * Please, post ANY bugs that you find in PwnCraft! I will be checking this thread every day to fix any and every bug.
    * Have a suggestion for a class/ability/other? Post it! If we like your idea, we will incorporate it!
    * Like PwnCraft or the troubleshooting we post here? Then like it!
    * Of course, you can always DONATE to help support the development of PwnCraft.

Changelog:
    Show Spoiler
    Version 1.06
    * Wizards now gain experience by casting spells to compensate for the cost of reagents
    * All of the warriors abilities have been fixed (There was a miscommunication on file transfer between Danton and myself, causing most warrior abilities to bug)
    * Assassins are now slowed in stealth
    * Player kills now grant between 10 and 50 EXP per kill
    * Mining gold ore now only grants 4 EXP per block to prevent exploiting the experience system
    * Blink is now only usable on a targeted block within a 40 block distance
    * All instances of the class "Soldier" instead of "Warrior" in the help menu have been changed
    * Added the armor limitations to Wizards (The limitation is leather armor only; it was on Assassins before and I forgot to add in the line to limit the wizard as well)
    * Blast now affects a slightly larger area to ease targeting issues
    * Many wizard cool-downs have been lowered to foster more active spell usage

Version 1.05
    * Changed the OP fix to no longer require logging in and out
    * Changed the OP fix to no longer require "offlineOPs.txt"
    * Greatly simplified the logic of checking for OP (Should work much more smoothly now)

Version 1.04
    * Adjusted the reward for killing players to prevent kill trading "power leveling"
    * Nature's Grasp now begins to despawn after 10 seconds
    * Fixed the issue with never ending slows and sprint
    * Fixed all issues with joining as an OP (This includes Essentials and pretty much every other conflicting plugin) (If you are an OP you must join your server, close Minecraft, and rejoin your server after every server reset to make it work. If you have logged in since a server reset, you do not have to do this.)
    * Added "offlineOPs.txt" to prevent any loss of OP names due to the new compatibility fixes.

Version 1.03
    * Adjusted the ordering in the onPlayerJoin method to hopefully solve failure to initialize players into the HashMap
    * Added back the "/pc help leveling EXP" command that I accidentally deleted
    * Prevented NullPointerException from the checkTS method

Version 1.02
    * Fixed the ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when using certain commands
    * Fixed the nullPointerException onPlayerMove
    * Added the hook for Permissions support

Version 1.01
    * Fixed the nullPointerException onPlayerJoin.
    * Hopefully fixed the nullPointerException onPlayerMove.
    * Grass blocks now grants 1 EXP for breaking them.

Version 1.00
    * PwnCraft initial release

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
    Mikhos, Chuckster, Wakko and 3 others like this.
  2. Offline

Pim1234

ok, I agree with the commands, i will just have to play a lot to be the best etc :) not used to do that though
    but no i was just hitting a player without a class. he was just standing somewhere and i killed him.
    he couldn't use boneshield (he has 120 EXP)

3. Offline

Uremir

Once you start playing enough, you'll realize that these numbers are actually quite doable even though they seem large.

4. Offline

Toastman

Woohoo! I figured out the PLAYER_MOVE error:

It's EssentialsChat. Not any of the other Essentials sub-plugins, only EssentialsChat. From here, you can go ahead and fix whatever needs fixing

5. Offline

Brvtvs

Wow, that is kind of a weird conflict

6. Offline

ledhead900

Ok I have a couple of issues with this.

A. I't appears the PC commands generate the double unknown command in chat yet they appear to work still.

B.All the ranks in my server but me "Admin" Gain EXP from things - It tells me im OP but I thought that was just to cheat EXP I dont actually earn any at all.

C. Wizzards seem on paper over powered.

7. Offline

Pim1234

A is totally true here too
    B is not
    C is a bit yes. thunder alone is already over powered

8. Offline

Brvtvs

I would reccomend that when animal exp is lowered, that monster exp should be raised. The exp rates seem pretty high and for me the only reason people are staying interested is that the war against xrayers never ends and people are having to recover their stuff multiple times. If not, 90% of people would probably get bored at level 3-4, and 95% of my players are level 0-2, maybe 75% are 0-1.

9. Offline

ledhead900

A. What plugins are u running it has to be something doing it do your players say it does not show up like that for them it does not do this for my staff or players but it does for me with the - "*" permission.

B. What do you mean by "is not" all of my current testers tell me its working 100% fine they can see there experience gains and all of that stuff. Yet when ever me as admin and set to OP in the server OP.txt file mines anything that or does anything I don't visually see any experience gain at all but the config seems to think I am gaining experience other wise I would not have "65 experience according the config it generates in the servers root directory"

I do find it odd tho that it never generated a Config file and nothing is configurable I would love to configure indvidual mob exp rates and setup fine tune the classes to my liking a bit more.

I would recommend we got an actual config to adjust all the EXP rates our selves and also that the config it creates to store the data in be moved the plugins directory instead of staying in the root of the server as it appears to have created for me.

IDEAS
    Also I'm not sure if it does this already but a chat pop up that comes up after reaching level 1 should remind you to choose a class or skip selection until next level. Then at next level ask again. While at the same time the commands for choosing a class will still be available.

I would love it if Wizards got some sort of Temp flight ability like possibly a skill that comes in at level 3 and uses Glass as a regent but allows them to use the glass block to fly around on for xx seconds.

I have an idea for all classes over all as well an increase to level 8 that would make their best or most usefully ability a toggle ability that uses regents for example the Wizard could keep a stack of glass blocks with each block having a time of 5s then when the ability is toggled it uses 1 regent in this case 1 glass block every 5s but allows continued flight.

All of the classes could get a similar ability such as Assassins vanish could be increased in the same method using creeper powder and the balance it all. Each of the Rank 8 Toggles would have the same timer per regent so the 5s on flight per glass for wizard would also be 5s per creeper powder.

The trade of for haveing to gather and stock regents is better than then the lower ranks timer cooldown based effect. In fact you could still even use a cooldown for the actual toggle ability on or off state.

I think it would be a fine improvement imo seeing it would give the wizard a definitive role to play even for general server work as he could rank up and fly up there and work from the sky it would also bridge the barrier between users wanting flight but not a group based always on always off flight like you see around now that tend to get banned on servers due to the fact its perm flight with no cooldowns.

For the Warrior you could probably give his rank 8 a toggle and using diamond or equivalent equal to armor he is wearing such as Iron ingot if was wearing Iron armor the toggle for him using this regent is when using a matching regent of his armor type and this includes if he was wearing multiple types of armor.

Would be something like Armor repair for 5s per regent making him a real Warrior and his armor regenerates over the life of his regents. He would need a regent for each armor type he was wearing of course.

Another cool thing for the Warrior class could be actually implement a use for the armor types if worn by the warrior at his max rank different armor could have different effects such as wearing a diamond armor would make him resistant to magic to some degree. While wearing chain mail armor could make him resist backstabs by the Assassin.

At the same time you give each class ESP the wizard a chance on hit to MISS the target the chance of miss would be less based on level of the user.

I'm eager to hear back from both of you & the Developer about these issues and ideas and really do think my ideas could be done in a balanced way and geneally breath some more life into this plugin.

10. Offline

Brvtvs

I would enjoy configurable exp rates, but in the meantime, a few tweaks might improve things.

11. Offline

ledhead900

lol replied while I updating my post with the flurry of ideas that came to me as I was typing.

EDIT:
    PHP:
    2011-05-21 05:24:02 [INFOPwnCraft DISABLED
    -05-21 05:24:02 [SEVEREjava.lang.NullPointerException
    -05-21 05:24:02 [SEVERE]     at me.Uremir.PwnCraft.pcFileReaderWriter.writeEXP(pcFileReaderWriter.java:47)
    2011-05-21 05:24:02 [SEVERE]     at me.Uremir.PwnCraft.PwnCraft.onDisable(PwnCraft.java:88)
    2011-05-21 05:24:02 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:129)
    2011-05-21 05:24:02 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.disablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:690)
    2011-05-21 05:24:02 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.disablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:261)
    2011-05-21 05:24:02 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.disablePlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:255)
    2011-05-21 05:24:02 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.disablePlugins(CraftServer.java:120)
    2011-05-21 05:24:02 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.stop(MinecraftServer.java:241)
    2011-05-21 05:24:02 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:317)
    2011-05-21 05:24:02 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Upon server STOP

12. Offline

poiuyt580

Code:
    22:33:42 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to PwnCraft
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at me.Uremir.PwnCraft.pcPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(pcPlayerListene
    a:167)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoad
    va:268)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListene
    a:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginMana
    ava:289)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:13
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:196)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:372)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:28
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    Any idea why?

13. Offline

Uremir

What other plugins do you use? You should take them all out and add them in 1 by 1 to see which one is causing the conflict.

Hmm.... Well that is no fun. There actually shouldn't be a real problem as long as a player logged off of the server shortly before the server stop. (Player disconnect is when we save EXP).

14. Offline

Pim1234

well, it really takes too long to lvl up...
    i have been busy with a friend (spawning 50 zombies and than slay them all while they can't hit us) and it took us really long too even hit lvl 1!!! could you please make a config file to let us change how fast you lvl up?

and when will the planned features come? they look nice :)

15. Offline

ledhead900

It has not happend since but it has happend just thought it was worth a mention as it may come up again in future.

Did you get a chance to go over some my Ideas on my other post just above the one with the error, I know there a little rough but it might spark some future idea.

Sorry about Double posting damn you post chr limit.

This triggers for me the second I Joined a JOB using the JOBS v2.0.0 beta plugin.

I think the dev needs to do some de conflicting.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  16. Offline

poiuyt580

So I found it was iChat. However, after simply re-installing the plugin, problem was fixed. Maybe I have to install iChat AFTER PwnCraft?

Also, is there any way to remove the "Unknown Command" message when I use any PwnCraft commands?

17. Offline

ledhead900

Dont play as admin, can you list your plugins please.

I got the issue like you using Pwncraft and Jobs v2.0.0 but your saying IChat is the issue? See I had Ichat installed from the start before I even installed Jobs 2.0.0 and never had an issue until I did install Jobs.

Also I got the same issue as your with the commands but my players dont get that issue at all its as if being adming and having available every command on the server something in a plugin is conflciting with the commands for this.

But I find that the coommands for this work fine regadless of seeing this little annoying issue while using them.

If you ask me this plugin is doing somethign dodgy with its command hooks that would be why its conflicting so much with other plugins.

18. Offline

poiuyt580

Maybe it would be both jobs and ichat, but I don't use jobs. I also use bigbrother, worldedit, essentials, worldguard, autohelp, help, command iconomy, creaturebox, falsebook, heroicdeath, iconomy, localshops, lwc, mcmmo, nocheat, permissions.

19. Offline

ledhead900

I think the issue is deeper then that. Since it works flawlessy for me as long as jobs is not loaded at all. Ichat had no effect on this what so ever I might suggest u check your ichat version if really was the issue for you.

Jobs is more important for our server right now so I hope he trys to work out a way to fix this for MC 1.6 release.

Here are plugins I have
    2011-05-23 02:03:51 [INFO] Plugins: AppleTree, BorderGuard, BukkitPiston, ButtonWarp, ChairCraft, ChestLock, Command iConomy, dynmap, EasyRules, Essentials, GroupManager, EssentialsProtect, EssentialsSpawn, Factions, FalseBookBlock, FalseBookCore, FalseBookIC, iChat, iConomy, IOBookcase, Jobs, LogBlock, mcbans, MinecartManiaCore, MinecartManiaSignCommands, MinecartManiaStation, MobRider, MonsterTamer, My Boat, NextStation, NoCheat, PerformanceTweaks, PhatLoots, Reporter, Seasons, Showcase, SignColours, War, WorldEdit, Permissions, MinecartManiaAdminControls, MinecartManiaAutomations, MinecartManiaChestControl

20. Offline

poiuyt580

I'm getting the error again, it might be from AssignPermissions. I'll check.
    Edit: It's not.

21. Offline

ledhead900

Can you try run it with the most bare min of plugins if you can maybe start a test server with JUST this that would be nice Test it again with some people for see if makes any issues.

Then slowly add your plugins back in until u find the one that mucks it around.

I think the issue is a core issue that needs to be fixed as it may conflict with a lot of plugins.

22. Offline

poiuyt580

Found it! If you're using essentials, don't use nicknames, that's the problem.

23. Offline

KillingSpread!

Getting 2 problems,
    1st one, each time i enter a command which come from your plugin (all the /pc commands) its work, greatly, but after the message i get a double 'unknown console command' like /pc exp then its say:
    Wizard : 5400 exp
    unknown console command
    unknown console command

2nd, seems like i have problem casting spells, well wizard's spells like Nature's Grasp, i think its because i cast it on a stone block but i can't cast lightning strike either for some reason (still on a stone block)
    I cast them on a stone block cause i made a kind of big room where i made a floor of stone,

My plugin list is :
    -McMyAdmin Compatibility Plugin version r13
    -Obuvoting version [1.0]
    -Permissions version [2.7]
    -PglSetSpawn version [4.1]
    -PvPToggle version [0.2.1]
    -WorldEdit version [4.4]
    -InstaBreak version [1.5]
    -AirBuild version [1.1]
    -Magic Carpet version [1.5.5]
    -PwnCraft version [1.06]
    -RoundWorld [0.1]

Sorry if there is some outated because i did not go check for a update

My Bukkit Version Is : 766
    Im using McMyAdmin by PhonicUK has web-management

Thanks 4 this awesome plugin anyway

24. Offline

ledhead900

Really I don't think I am using any nicknames at all ? I actually removed Nickname commands from the plugin.yml file in essentials.jar.

It seems a few plugins all can do the same thing for different ppl this seams to appear to me at least this plugin has some Iffy Code work that needs to be cleaned out or improved.

It probably is hooking into bukkit and mc in a silly way cuasing conflicts with others that do simlar things or call the event from time to time. I have no way of knowing with out a decompile.

25. Offline

m5k

Ever thought of adding the possibility to create your own classes? Like choose which abilities and at what level are gained and assigning that to permissions nodes?

26. Offline

Brvtvs

You should still do it, it does not take long. If you just give up on testing for a plugin you will never find out the issue and it can't be fixed.

Uremir likes this.
  27. Offline

ledhead900

I did not give up testing the plugin I just have a dead line to meet as we built a new server, and I have guests waiting I was hoping somone else would have to time to go thru what we know and identify it or if the dev was ever around here at all might take a look into into code and see if anything is wrong.

Basicly I have stated we are doing 1 week of testing before letting guests back in on a new map server, I'm sorry but I just dont have the time to go testing every plugin out for a cuase to something that may or may not even work when used with tommytonyw warplugin as his plugin then may reject this. That and I have not built the new guest start town or setup the Tutorial area yet so I have a lot to do already.

I don't know what I can test as im not the developer of this plugn I just confirmed that the jobs plugin broke it but with out jobs plugin it works fine I leveld up to 1 and it worked. Other users are stating it is other plugins conflicting for them so that is why I am lead to believe that its more a ROOT issue with the code event hooks then the actual plugins being a conflict with it.

I will test this more if its not fixed but I will do so after I have got my server ready for production and I will do so on my personal machine with a test server.

As stated I just have enough on my plate right now with being a parent and fine tuning a new production server, whilst at same time getting feedback from my whitelist players and doing changes.

Edit:
    Also I don't know java!

28. Offline

fugue2005

cool looking plugin, but you really need to work on the help system.

like in /pc help class can you color the class names differently from the class info.

this is also giving me the extra "unknown console command"

29. Offline

flametornado

@Uremir, if you give me access to the source, I'll help find the problem.

30. Offline

ledhead900

I sent a PM off to the CoDeveloper for this hopeing he may stop by and take a look at all of this stuff, I rather not let this plugin die it seems pretty fun and is by far the best class system based plugin for smi rpg servers that dont want all of the bulk that others bring.

Thanks for offering flametornado.

31. Offline

Uremir

Tell me if you think this is dodgy: Player joins, player is put into a hashmap, when a player does certain things it calls the player from the hashmap to do things. Dodgy? Yeah...

Yes, don't change your player display name or you will kill PwnCraft.

The double unknown console command is because the server thinks the admin is trying to issue a command to the server, and not just PwnCraft. As for the stone: Lightning may or may not hit if you have a roof over your head.

The issues are caused whenever two different plugins try to do two different things at the same time. Calm down with your accusations, Mr. "I don't know java!" Bad mouthing the plugin is not appreciated in the least seeing as both myself and Danton have put dozens of hours into it. And just because you removed the commands from the plugin.yml doesn't mean that it stops working. That is so that players can easily identify commands, not choose which ones they do and don't want.

I've thought about it, but that would be A LOT of work. It would be like writing a whole different plugin.

Thank you, I'm glad you understand and support how this whole system works.

Firstly, I am on the thread almost every day taking care of issues. Don't say "if the dev was ever around." Just because I was out for a day, doesn't mean I'm never around...
    Secondly, if you don't know java then how do you know that the problem is a root issue? The problem is a double calling of events and both plugins trying to modify said event.

You can look at the source from the .jar. If you have questions on how to do this, start a conversation with me.