[INACTIVE][FUN/ADMIN] WeatherMan 6 - Control the weather! [740]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by RightLegRed, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Offline

Archelaus

Weather Man
    Want to control the weather? Now you can! Become a weather man with this plugin. You can set it to rain on, or off. You can clear snow and even strike people with lightening!​
    Commands​
    /weather rain <time>​
    /weather thunder <true|false>​
    /weather thunder <playername>​
    /weather clear​
    /weather rain - doesn't need a time, without it, it makes it rain for a default set time.​
    Permissions​
    weatherman.clear​
    weatherman.rain​
    weatherman.thunder​
    ChangeLog​
    Version 1 - Released!​
    Version 2 - Added ability to set rain time!​
    Version 3 - Added turning off lightning!​
    Version 4 - Removed reach of lightning!​
    Version 5 - fixed up the commands a bit.​
    Version 6 - now has the command /weather thunder <playername>

Supports Multiworlds, Permissions and each feature is seperated. So your players can clear the rain while you fry sheep!​
    Requires Build 709!​
    I hate to do this, but I'm running out of money and this keeps me interested in developing this plugin. Donators may have their name published to the thread if they please.​
    [​IMG]

Me4502, Netto Hikari, Mazer and 8 others like this.
  2. Offline

Archelaus

Ah, sorry. I mixed up rain and thunder.

Will fix this soon.

3. Offline

mountur

PLease help me :(

4. Offline

Shasharala

This still relies on permissions? Still awating a version that defaults to OP's.

5. Offline

Starrk

You had me using /weather thunder true for hours...

Thank you so much.

6. Offline

ScorchRaserik

So does the lightning actually damage the players/mobs that are struck? I couldn't tell from the video...

7. Offline

Chites

Whenever I try to use any /weather command, I get an "Invalid argument." error.

...All I had to do was put the jar in the plugin folder, could I really have screwed that up?

8. Offline

PhantomGamers

Yep, it does.
    Doesn't damage yourself though, or other players that have /weather thunder true enabled themselves.

Which commands are you inputting? Exactly.

9. Offline

Chites

....The ones listed. /weather rain and /weather clear, for example.

10. Offline

Enternidad

I am just wondering, I have downloaded the plugin, installed it. But it doesn't seem to be working when I try to use it. I am a op, and I am the owner so I can edit my commands. And I also have all the commands. But it doesn't seem to let me do /weather rain [amount]
    Do I only need to put the weatherman.jar in? Or is there something else I need to setup?
    I did put all the command permissions but it still doesn't work.

11. Offline

CatSoup

Hey man love the plugin, but was wondering if you have plans to enable shortcuts like "/w rain" instead of typing out "/weather rain" ?

12. Offline

zok

What about snow?!! i need to control the snow -.-

13. Offline

PhantomGamers

Weather is per-biome.
    /weather rain will start snow in snow biomes.

14. Offline

triarry

Seems to broken on my world, the weather-per-biome thing. Is it only on worlds created post-update? It rains everywhere but deserts for me. No snow at all, but I've seen snow on worlds I made after the update.

15. Offline

mountur

Do i have to create a permissions files ? When start the server i have permissions error

16. Offline

Draconicus

Still "requires build 709!"

17. Offline

patiii

what do i have to do to run it??
    when i do a double click on the SNAPSHOT and then copy the weatherman.jar into the plugin folder nothing happens i just get an error that something is wrong with the port pls help me :)

18. Offline

r3xx0n

voting for a weather vote function ^^ /vweather

CallMeVlad911 likes this.
  19. Offline

CallMeVlad911

This plugin is wonderful! I got to show my friend rain for the first time, so thanks!

Does anyone happen to know if there is a way to predict the preset time for rain? I enabled rain on my server, and its been going for a good 2-3 Minecraft-days. I'm wondering if its randomly set each time, b/c my first 'natural' rainstorm in game last exactly 1 day and 1 night.

20. Offline

Fluff

As I said earlier in the thread, a '/weather forecast' command sure would be useful, telling you approximately how long it will be until the next weather change.

21. Offline

Chites

Still waiting for help here... /weather, with nothing after it at all, starts a rainstorm, but no command on the first post works. It says "Invalid argument."

22. Offline

Chandler0ace

I just made my first bukkit server and this is the first plugin im adding but everytime i start the server i get this message
    Code:
    22:44:11 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/WeatherMan.jar' in folder 'plugins': Permissions
    org.bukkit.plugin.UnknownDependencyException: Permissions
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:125)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:160)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:108)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:85)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:217)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:204)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:144)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:259)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)

Any help would be much appreciated

Disregard the past comment i have solved the problem

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  23. Offline

patiii

what have i to do so that it's runnning???

24. Offline

LuckyLukeNL

hey, good plugin. but i was yesterday in a snow environment and i just started to rain instead of snowing :S??
    and if its raining, can it also use lightning or do i have to make all the lightning?

25. Offline

PierreLouis

Works great! :)
    Looking forward too updates!

Though I have a couple suggestions!
    "/weather thunder [true/false]" is too long! Please replace it by "/thunder" changing the state each time you call it. And make the command only on the object you are holding while typing (like a wand).
    And maybe controlling snow if that's possible!

26. Offline

PhantomGamers

Sounds good, then remove /weather rain and just make it /weather [duration].
    And I think controlling snow IS possible now.
    Unless I'm misunderstanding what SnowFormEvent is, which is the probable case.
    [​IMG] Build #745 (May 2, 2011 6:46:23 AM)

[​IMG]Changes
    1. Added SnowFormEvent. Thanks aPunch! (commit: e01de82dce7749997e3d802c519b3655dc2c300b) (detail / githubweb)
    2. Added a setArmorContents method to PlayerInventory. (commit: ead705d164da816719dd908fc29fbc6cd53902d9) (detail / githubweb)
    3. Improved the Scheduler. (commit: 8114111a94289f52e1b74d4853bda7c83e238776) (detail / githubweb)

27. Offline

PierreLouis

Or just "/rain [duration]" :)

Cool!

28. Offline

PhantomGamers

Yeah, but that's not technically correct... Unless we CAN separate /rain and /snow it SHOULD just be /weather. Less confusion.

29. Offline

Taparu

While playing I found out that when using multiworld it rains/snows more often relative to the number of normal worlds. Also when in the world that the weather originated from the clear command works however if you aren't in the world the weather originated in the command won't work. (note my temporary fix is to use /weather rain then /weather clear)

30. Offline

Chapkees

Help please
    I have CB709
    Code:
     [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\WeatherMan.jar' in folder 'plugins': P
    ermissions
    org.bukkit.plugin.UnknownDependencyException: Permissions
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:123)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.
    java:160)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:108)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:85)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:217)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:204)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:144)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:259)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)

31. Offline

The PC Tech Guy

Get CB 740. 'Nuff said.