[INACTIVE][ECON]SignTrader 1.0.7 - Trading with signs! (617)

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by darknesschaos, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Offline

darknesschaos

SignTrader - Trade with Signs!
    Version: v1.0.7 - CB (617) tested
    [wheatsprout]Description[wheatsprout]
    This Bukkit plugin allows servers to use signs as a functioning shop tool. Simply set the sign in the appropriate format, optionally link it to a chest and you can have a sign that either vends from a chest you own or you can set the sign to sell to users items they normally couldn't get as something like a modified /give with a set location. Simply punch the sign to get a little more information to understand what it does and how to use it.

[wheatsprout]Commands[wheatsprout]
    /signtrader -s p - set the sign that you punch, the 'p' is optional and makes it persist.
    /signtrader -sc p - link signs and chests to each other, must be within 40 blocks and on the same world and the 'p' is optional
    /getdata - returns the data of the item in hand (name, amount, and durability.)

[wheatsprout]Other Plugin Support[wheatsprout]
    You don't need any of these for this plugin to work.​
    Supports protection from LWC, (2.0 only) with lwc installed SignTrader forces players to sell from chests that they own.​
    Supports Permissions from TheYeti (2.5.4 tested) with the following nodes This defaults to op.txt if not present:​
    • signtrader.MakeGlobalSign - so the player can activate "Global" signs defa
    • signtrader.MakePersonalSign - so the player can activate "Personal" signs
    • signtrader.admin.BreakAnySign - so the player can break any sign (duh)
    • signtrader.Use - so the player can use any player sign or activated Global sign
    • signtrader.admin.SetOwner - so the player can set the owner of signs.
    Supports iConomy (4.0 +) for usage with the local money system.

[wheatsprout]Sign Format[wheatsprout]
    The sign format is as follows:​
    Line one - Global or Personal - denotes sign type, personal pulls from chests, Global doesn't use chests.​
    Line two - amount:ItemType:durability or amount:$ - this is the payment line (what the chest will get from the player) amount is how much the player wants to recieve, ItemType is the item number of the item they want to recieve from player if the other is chosen it will be the amount of money the sign owner wants to get from the player.​
    Line three - amount:ItemType:durability or amount:$ - Similarly to line two, this is what is removed from the sign owner and given to the player.​
    Line four - leave this one alone, [Activated] is put in the line to show it is an active sign.​
    Example 1) - trade sign​
    Line # - text​
    1 - Global​
    2 - 1:3​
    3 - 1:35:1​
    This sign trades for dirt and gives the user orange wool.​
    Example 2) - Sale sign​
    1 - Personal​
    2 - 1:$​
    3 - 64:3​
    This sign takes 1 of iconomy money from the sign user and gives it to the owner, and gives the user 64 dirt.​
    Example 3) - Freebie sign​
    1 - Personal​
    2 - Free​
    3 - 1:3​
    This sign gives 1 dirt for free to the user​
    Example 4) - Purchase Sign​
    1 - Personal​
    2 - 1:3​
    3 - 1:$​
    This sign takes money from the owner and gives to the user and takes 1 dirt from the user and puts it into the chest.​
    [fire]Trouble?[fire]
    When posting issues here please write the following:​
    * What the sign has written on it.​
    * What output you got from the console. (If any)​
    * What you expected to happen.​
    * What actually happened.​
    * What plugins (and their versions) you are using with this (including version number.)​
    * What version of this plugin you are using.​
    Failure to do these will result in you being called an idiot.​
    Show Spoiler

CHANGELOG:​
    Version 1.0.7​
    *Bugfixing​
    Version 1.0.6​
    * removed the sign breaking prevention function...​
    Version 1.0.5​
    * Fixed an abuse problem​
    * Now protects signs and blocks from destruction of non-op(or permissioned) and non owners of signs (owners of global signs are the ones who placed them.)​
    Version 1.0.3​
    * Updated to be compatable with 600+​
    Version 1.0.2​
    * Fixed link with newest version of lwc.​
    * Null pointer bugfix​
    * Rewired the sign recognition code.​
    Version 1.0.1​
    * Trading sign bugfix​
    * re-added the /signtrader -s command​
    * fixed up command interface a bit​
    * added /getdata so players can find the durability of the item in hand.​
    * added /signtrader -so (OwnerName) needs "signtrader.admin.SetOwner" node or player being op.​
    * now prevents people from linking signs and chests that aren't their own.​
    Version 1.0.0​
    * Monsterous update​
    * Too many to list...​
    Version 0.9.3​
    * Fixed bug where appropriate files were not created.​
    * Cleaned up item.txt creation code.​
    * update to iConomy 3.0 support?​
    Version 0.9.2​
    * Fixed bug where chests weren't detected, possibly other fixes.​
    * still not sure on iConomy, please, someone, let me know.​
    Version 0.9.1​
    * Fixed a bug where signs were not deleted from the sign list when they were destroyed.​
    Version 0.9​
    * Added Sign protecting features​
    * hopefully a fix to iConomy support​
    * now players need to set personal signs.​
    Version 0.8​
    * Added a feature that displays sign information in a more detailed form when the sign is punched.​
    Version 0.7.1​
    * hopefully a bugfix that solves a problem with named worlds​
    * getting chest owner works nicely with LWC​
    Version 0.7​
    * Fixed purchasing and selling to chests (Needs testing.)​
    Version 0.6​
    * Removed incorrect format error.​
    * Chests can now: trade, get donations, give stuff out.​
    * Chests still can't "sell via iConomy"​
    * probably a few other fixes​
    Version 0.5​
    * Release of locking protection for global signs (so not anyone can make them)​
    * signs "should" work fine with chests, however I am afraid they ignore protections.​
    * item blacklisting possible.​
    * permissions support.​
    * iConomy support.​
    * ect.​
    Version 0.1​
    * Initial release of the plugin.​

Attached Files:

rasse, shadrxninga and NEO like this.
  2. Offline

lastmikoi

Great plugin, which allow me making a good economic system.

However, I spotted a little error which I don't know if it had any consequence, but I'll post it.
    When I place any sign, full of text or void, and then I destroy the linked block (bottom block most of the cases), I got this error :

Code:
    [GRAVE] Could not pass event BLOCK_BREAK to SignTrader
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at java.lang.String$CaseInsensitiveComparator.compare(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.String$CaseInsensitiveComparator.compare(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.String.compareToIgnoreCase(Unknown Source)
            at com.polycrypt.bukkit.tools.darknesschaos.PermissionsHandler.isSignOwner(PermissionsHandler.java:66)
            at com.polycrypt.bukkit.tools.darknesschaos.PermissionsHandler.canBreakSign(PermissionsHandler.java:55)
            at com.polycrypt.bukkit.plugin.darknesschaos.SignTrader.SignOperator.canBreakBlock(SignOperator.java:409)
            at com.polycrypt.bukkit.plugin.darknesschaos.SignTrader.SignTraderBlockListener.onBlockBreak(SignTraderBlockListener.java:28)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$30.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:345)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:59)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:255)
            at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.d(ItemInWorldManager.java:156)
            at net.minecraft.server.ItemInWorldManager.b(ItemInWorldManager.java:117)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:359)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet14BlockDig.a(SourceFile:42)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:198)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:72)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:368)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)
    I'm using Lockette 1.3.3, Tombstone 1.1.6, Server running Craftbukkit 617.
    This error has no consequence with usual behaviour, but I don't know if it will create problem if the sign is used for trading with SignTrader.

3. Offline

darknesschaos

odd, i will need to look into it.

4. Offline

Xeronix

Hey Darkness,
    I have a problem with members being able to obtain unlimited currency through selling.

If you're far enough away from a sell, sign, and you right click the sign, the block will get placed, and you'll get credited for the item.

Hence, the item still exists, and a member could just keep breaking/placing it over and over.

Not sure if it was already reported, but felt like letting you know.

5. Offline

darknesschaos

I meant to stop that. next update. thanks for letting me know.

6. Offline

xXFreeekXx

The block gets places for other plugins like mywarp also, it's quite annoying.

To solve the problem, i used worldguard's region feature, places a region around my shop area and placed the flag so people cannot build/destroy.

The blocks are still placed for ops (have permissions to build/destroy in regions), but we can just use our hands, whereas it's stopped the problem for abusers of it.

7. Offline

atlem

for some reason rightclick isent working, only left klick about trading info ?? you know wy ?

8. Offline

darknesschaos

it works. but you are not giving me enough information.

currently working out a few kinks in the code, so hopefully an update in a few days.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  9. Offline

ruzzle

It works perfect, the only problem is that i can't destroy any signs now...

Dennis38 likes this.
  10. Offline

darknesschaos

that shouldn't happen!

11. Offline

MeinerHosen

I do not know if this has already been suggested, but may I suggest adding BOSEconomy support?

Love the plugin, btw :)

12. Offline

darknesschaos

I can look into it.
    @ruzzle if you want any help from me you need to give me more information than that.

13. Offline

MeinerHosen

I have probably the same bug as ruzzle.

I can't break personal signs made by one of my moderators(with proper permissions) and if I make another sign attached to it, it has the same effect. Unless I use superpick from Worldguard, I cannot break it even as Op.
    The text on the sign is:

Personal
    1:1
    1:1

It says
    "The sign has not been activated.
    Activate by replacing the sign.
    There is no chest linked with this sign.
    This is a personal sign owned by null.
    This sign is trading 1 of stone, for 1 stone."

I can break my own global sign just fine and the same mod can create his own personal sign, though. And when you try to get rid of it, the sign goes blank and keeps saying the message with every left click.

There is nothing reported in terminal and I am running build 617 of craftbukkit. I hope this helps.

14. Offline

trackermc

During loading of plugins CB 617
    2011-04-05 23:16:17 [SEVERE] null loading SignTrader v1.0.5 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.polycrypt.bukkit.tools.darknesschaos.EconomyHandler.setupEconomy(EconomyHandler.java:26)
    at com.polycrypt.bukkit.plugin.darknesschaos.SignTrader.SignTrader.onEnable(SignTrader.java:53)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:118)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:514)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:216)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:94)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:72)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:215)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:202)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:142)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:257)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)
    also [iConomy] v4.65 (Kenzi) loaded
    also mcMMO version 0.9.15 is enabled
    also [Permissions] version [2.5.5] (Phoenix) loaded
    also [Citizens]: version [1.07e_5] (Helpers) loaded
    also [Runecraft] Runecraft 2.4.6 initialized.
    not that it matters - but FYI

15. Offline

Mountaineer

I enjoy this plugin quite a bit, as it allows me to provide the players with basic building materials for free. It would be ideal to implement a toggle cooldown feature, to keep people from spamming the signs. If too many items are lying on the ground, it can crash a server (although it takes a few thousand).

16. Offline

GDSkeptic

I was having the same issue on my server. It looked like from my console that signtrader was loading before iConomy was for some reason so i renamed SignTrader.jar to zzSignTrader.jar and it started working. /shrug

17. Offline

trackermc

I figure that's what was happening... from a previous post the coder wrote
    @Frostshifter - as far as i know I am checking it on enable, and I don't add that line because this plugin doesn't depend on iConomy.

So it does or doesn't depend on iConomy?!?

18. Offline

darknesschaos

it doesn't as the plugin works fine without it.

19. Offline

AnotherBoris

How delete a sign?

I use: craftnukkit b617, SignTrader 1.0.6 and WorldGuard 5.0 alpha 8

1) I create a sign:
    AnotherBoris
    1:3
    1:4

Sign become active and work correct.
    In file plugins\SignTrader\GlobalSigns.txt i can see this sign properties.

2) I try to remove a sign.
    Kick him by hand and destroy. But i have no message about deleting a sign! Check GlobalSigns.txt and see my deleted signt there.

So... subj. How i can delete a sign?

P.S. Personal signs work same.

20. Offline

darknesschaos

it will stay, but when a block is placed there it will disappear I need to work it out better though.

21. Offline

trackermc

OK - but if I want signs to use iConomy, obviously it needs it. So do I rename it as one poster suggested so it will load after iConomy?
    As it is right now, when I tried to use iconomy money for trading it doesn't work.
    thx

22. Offline

darknesschaos

I'm going to try something, I see the line where the issues are... hopefully this will fix everyone's problem.

23. Offline

ruzzle

It seems like when you have the same thing twice.
    Like block 20 amount 20 it glitches.
    Not sure about this. But the same thing happend to me.

24. Offline

darknesschaos

I will look into that as well.

hopefully fewer problems for those with bugs.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

25. Offline

eRko16

OMG! I can't destroy any sign on the server... Please fix it

26. Offline

darknesschaos

@eRko16 did you try the 1.0.7?

27. Offline

trackermc

nice
    [SignTrader] iConomy found, using it.
    thanks!

28. Offline

darknesschaos

glad to see it work! The issue was I was trying to access things before it would be initiated as seen in some cases. I didn't have the problem but glad to see my guess fixed it.

29. Offline

Pr4w

Hey, does this work on 670 ? :)

30. Offline

aiden090

How do you link a sign to a chest?

31. Offline

darknesschaos

use "/signtrader -sc" that should do the trick. (then you punch the sign and the chest.)

@Pr4w - should be fine