[Inactive] DispNameChanger 3.0 - Change Names! + Spout [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by captainawesome7, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Offline

captainawesome7

Inactive. Being replaced by:
    DispNameChanger 3.o - Change anybody's display name!

Version: 3.0
    DispNameChanger is a plugin that lets you easily change your display name or any other player's display name. I know there are other plugins that do this, but I think this is the only one (aside from /nick in essentials) that allows you to change YOUR name and ANYONE's name and permissions support. It now saves your name after you leave and loads it when you come back! *NEW* With Spout, this plugin also changes the name above the player's head and sends you a fancy notification!

Features:
    • Change the display name of a specified player, including yourself
    • Spout: If installed, changes player's names above heads
    • Permissions Support (Default is Permissions 2.7.x or 3.x) if not found, uses SuperPerms
    • PERSISTENCE! (Thanks to @Sammy for that one, he helped me a TON)
    • Supports Colors! (Thanks to @itsatacoshop247)
    • IMPORTANT: This plugin conflicts with Essentials, it doesn't work with this plugin. If you have essentials, you can just use /nick and change the nickname character to '' in the config, so it basically does the same thing :)
    Commands:
    Commands (open)
    Commands (open)

The permissions default to the Permissions Plugin 2.7.x or 3.x
    If you don't have it installed it uses SuperPerms(PermissionsBukkit, bPermissions)
    Commands:
    • /rename <player> <new> - Changes the specified player to the specified name
    • /rename <player> - Resets the player's name
    • /rename - Reset's your own name
    • /checkname <player> - Checks the player's name (Not really working)

Downloads
    The source code is included in the .jar (/me/captain/dnc/)

Planned Changes
    None so far

Changelog:
    Version 3.0
    • This one was largely a community update.
    • New Features by Daxiongmao87:
      • New Permission nodes.
        • dispname.change for regular changing of your own name
        • dispname.changeother for regular changing of other's names (requires dispname.change)
        • dispname.changespace for changing names w/ spaces in them (requires dispname.change)
        • dispname.check for checking names (not really working)
    • New Features by Luke Zwekii:
      • Spout support!
    • If you run into any problems, be sure to let me know!
    Version 2.0
    • Added name above head changing support with BukkitContrib. If it isn't installed nothing will happen in regard to names above heads. Also, you have to have the BukkitContrib client mod installed to be able to see the changes.
    • Made join messages and leave messages use display name
    Changelog Cont. (open)
    Changelog Cont. (open)

Version 1.4.2
    • Added the spaces into the name again, if you are using the iJobs plugin, don't update
    Version 1.4.1
    • Fixed the 'could not pass player join' error.
    Version 1.4
    • Fixed the conflict with iJobs, the plugin will no longer load your name if there is a space in it :)
    Version 1.3
    • PERSISTENCE YEEEAAAAHHHH (thanks to @Sammy)
    • ^Saves your name when you leave and loads it when you return :p ^
    Version 1.2
    • Added your name reset when you type /rename with no parameters, I will change this to /resetname soon
    Version 1.1
    Version 1.0
    • Original Release!

[​IMG] To me to support my plugins :)
    Share the love with @Daxiongmao87 and @Luke Zwekii , They earned it!

2. Offline

Nipper

@captainawesome7 Witht he spout plugin is the click side need as well?

3. Offline

RGadelha

It's in the OP: "The source code is included in the .jar (/me/captain/dnc/)"
    I didn't find it :(

4. Offline

captainawesome7

Ahh I changed IDE's since the version before the latest, I'll put the source up later.

RGadelha likes this.
  5. Offline

RGadelha

Thanks, BTW great plugin!

6. Offline

SsAssassinSs

Im getting a message in game saying, "An internal error has occured while trying to execute this command"
    somwthing around those words.

what is wrong?

7. Offline

marvinbek

1) Is there any way to remove the name entirely? So when you use this together with something like MobDisguise and transform into a pig, then you have a pig with a nameplate saying <yourname> above its head... And that doesn't look right.
    2) When i type "/rename God" or so and the player "God" isn't on the server, i get a stack trace in the console, aling with a "Internal Error Occured"-esque message in the chat. Can you do so if there is only one parameter, and the player isn't online, then rename the player sending the message to the parameter?

8. Offline

captainawesome7

I guess I can add the second one, as far as the first one, there isn't a way to do that yet.

9. Offline

marvinbek

You get a nasty error in the console when typing a name longer than 26 characters. Probably the achievement popup.

10. Offline

captainawesome7

Yeah its the achievement popup, at least I think so

11. Offline

marvinbek

I can give you the full stack trace soon...

'er we go!
    Code:
    16:21:22 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'rena
    me' in plugin DNC v3.0
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:12
    9)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:3
    20)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.
    java:713)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:677)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:670)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:85)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Notification messages can no
    t be greater than 26 chars
            at org.getspout.spout.player.SpoutCraftPlayer.sendNotification(SpoutCraf
    tPlayer.java:405)
            at me.captain.dnc.DispNameChanger.onCommand(DispNameChanger.java:190)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            ... 12 more
    >
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  12. Offline

captainawesome7

Yep its the notification. I'll fix it in the next version.

13. Offline

Nateboy57

Okay so when I download and try to use it, it stated that there is an error while preforming command. Can you help me out? Oh nevermind, I see that you are tackling it. Well my version reads like this :
    [WARNING] Unexpected exception while parsing console command
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'rename' in plugin DispNameChanger v3.0
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:312)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:480)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:465)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.command.ColouredConsoleSender cannot be cast to org.bukkit.entity.Player
    at me.captain.dnc.DispNameChanger.onCommand(DispNameChanger.java:129)
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    ... 6 more

14. Offline

captainawesome7

I was too lazy to add console support :/

15. Offline

RGadelha

Shame on you ;)

16. Offline

Trust518

IT says that i dont have permission to change name??? problem = ?

(using essentials) but does it block so i cant lol?

17. Offline

RGadelha

Please, read the OP:
    "IMPORTANT: This plugin conflicts with Essentials, it doesn't work with this plugin. If you have essentials, you can just use /nick and change the nickname character to '' in the config, so it basically does the same thing :)"

18. Offline

Trust518

I know that.. I also tryed the thing in config but its 2 ADVANCED :(((((

19. Offline

zjt123

How come i get the error " You do not have permission to change names" when i am a op already.... what else do i need?

20. When we change name the name dosen't appear at all.
    It says that it has successfully renamed someone but it dosent change in the chat. :(

21. Offline

captainawesome7

Are you using Essentials?

Read the OP, you need either Permissions 2.7.x/3.x or SuperPerms (bPermissions, PermissionsBukkit)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

22. Offline

zjt123

i have downloaded bPermissions already, but it still gives me the error, what do i have to do to set it up so i dont get the error?

23. Offline

captainawesome7

• IMPORTANT: This plugin conflicts with Essentials, it doesn't work with this plugin. If you have essentials, you can just use /nick and change the nickname character to '' in the config, so it basically does the same thing :)

24. No essentials :)

We had your old version running.
    It looks like when we changed to bukkit build 1060 it stopped working. Even the other namechangers wouldnt work. :S

25. Offline

captainawesome7

What chat plugins do you use?

26. Offline

Nateboy57

Man i really need this to work. We are trying to do a series and we have been working hard on it. But we cant all buy new accounts.

27. Offline

Trust518

This plugin has becommed 2 advanced.... -_-" why cant it just be

1.download
    2.drop into plugins folder
    3. go in-game and use the commands...... -.-" :((((((

Please make a non NEEDED version!!!!!!!

Please make a video tutorial.. :(

28. Offline

NickFaro

Do you mind if I upload the hacked version so people will stop asking about permissions and such?

29. Offline

marinesleep

dosent work says a international error eccoured ? i have ichat aswell and i am a admin and op on my server help pls

30. Offline

crazyjoe567

I can't change my name or others it just says "you don't have permission to change names" also I'm an op and I have the permission nodes "dispname.change" "dispname.changeother" "dispname.changespace" "dispname.check" I'm using PermissionsBukkit and I don't have essentials.I am using Spout on the server and using the client so I dont know what I did wrong :(