[INACTIVE][CHAT] dotFilter v1.01 - Stop those .typos

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by FloydATC, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Offline

FloydATC

dotFilter - Stop those .typos:
    Version: v1.01

Update: RegexFilter has replaced dotFilter

This tiny plugin stops you from accidently sending those embarrasing .commands to chat. Instead of announcing to the public that you tried to .give yourself a diamond pickaxe, dotFilter blocks the message and notifies you.

This is a common problem for admins with US keyboard layout, because the "." character is right next to "/". (Scandinavian admins: Look for 7filter)

Features:
    • Commands beginning with . are filtered (stopped)
    • No configuration
    • No permissions
    • No commands
    • No cake
    Download http://minecraft.atc.no/plugins/DotFilter.jar
    Source code is included

Changelog
    Version 1.00
    • Original release
    Version 1.01
    • Changed namespace

2. Offline

Seta

It would be nice if i could use the . instead of / is this possible? Its much "nearer" on my switzerland keyboard...

3. Offline

xTom

lmao, how many skandanavian admins are there? that cant be a very big market

4. Offline

Queepo

He obviously made it for himself and was nice enough to publish it for anyone else that needed it.

5. Offline

FloydATC

Bukkit (or perhaps even minecraft_server for all I know) makes the distinction between commands and chat messages, I don't think it's possible for a plugin to change this. Even if I managed to somehow generate a command from an intercepted chat message, it would probably introduce a lot of weird bugs so I'll leave this to someone more experienced with Java. Sorry.

6. Offline

jorisk322

Could you please add - to the filter? Because on my compuer I have to use ctrl+shift once before using comments. Otherwise my computer changes all my /'s to -'s.

(sorry if my English is really bad)

7. Offline

FloydATC

LOL it seems this is a much bigger problem than I had anticipated; I never intended for this to be a configurable plugin (less code, less bugs) but I don't want to end up with a whole family of filter plugins either... Can we get an exhaustive list of characters that people in different corners of the world keep hitting instead of that cumbersome "/"? Are we limited to ordinary ASCII here or would I have to support weird unicode sequences in the config?

8. Offline

ursa_arcadius

The link is to SevenFilter.jar

9. Offline

FloydATC

Oops! Fixed.

10. Offline

Firestar

11. Offline

FloydATC

12. Offline

Seta

Thanks for your Answer, i thought something like this :/

13. Offline

Wolfy9247

The file wasn't found on the server.

14. Offline

FloydATC

*facepalm* try it again now... :-P

15. Offline

Lolmewn

Looks awesome! But where's the cake? :p

16. Offline

Drat333

Awesome, but.... damn, i couldve used some cake..

17. Offline

sillyrosster

It annoys me when im just trying to "..." , that it blocks it. I think what i mess up most on is forgetting the "/" .

18. Offline

FloydATC

Tiny but critical update posted: v1.01
    The only thing changed is the namespace, this is an update required for newer versions of Craftbukkit. Sorry.
    --- merged: Feb 19, 2011 8:52 PM ---
    This plugin will not be maintained further, consider switching to RegexFilter instead :)