[INACTIVE][ADMN/WEB] BukkitHTTPD 0.0.4 - now with more themable signatures [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by codename_B, May 13, 2011.

1. Offline

codename_B

BukkitHTTPD 0.0.4
    For simple HTML based sites, on the same ip as your server. With stats. And signatures.

[​IMG]
    Now with automatic banner creation! This is an actual banner from my actual server!

History:
    • So for quite a while now, I've been annoyed at the lack of a "default html" page in bukkit - I want something that I can just set my DNS to and not have to install NGINX or apache, I just want to install my minecraft server and let it run. Well this is just that! No extra programs to install, no extra config files to edit. Just place your html in the right place and it does the rest. Now you can finally have a landing page on the same ip as your server, run by your server! Example: my server
    Usage:
    • Download BukkitHTTP.jar and install in /plugins
    • Run the server once, then stop it.
    • Change the default index.html in /plugins/BukkitHTTPD/index.html to whatever you wish your small html based site to be.
    • Start the server again, once it's started navigate to localhost:8107 (or whatever port you have configured) on the machine the server is hosted on. This should display your index.html
    • There is several configurable options which you must add to server.properties.
    Code:
    http-daemon-port: 8107
    server-name=Localhost Test Server
    server-dns=localhost
    text-color=000000
    • If you want your server to listen on port 80 (ie the standard web port you will need to set it to something like this)
    Code:
    http-daemon-port: 80
    server-name=MyAwesomeMinecraftServer
    server-dns=my.ip.com
    text-color=FFFFFF
    Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Current Themes:
    • These are all the themes that I have created/have been created for you by players.
    [​IMG]
    Simple dirt theme. Just replace BukkitHTTPD.jpg with this.
    [​IMG]
    Simple sand theme. Just replace BukkitHTTPD.jpg with this.
    [​IMG]
    Elegance theme by @eastonch with no branding. Just replace BukkitHTTPD.jpg with this.
    [​IMG]
    Simple minecraft theme. Just replace BukkitHTTPD.jpg with this.
    [​IMG]
    Flow theme. Just replace BukkitHTTPD.jpg with this.

Download:
    • Version 0.0.4 zip bundled with player stats and signature generator Megaupload Mirror
    • Version 0.0.4 zip bundled with player stats and signature generator Main Mirror
    Source
    • Thanks to spacemaniac and pluckerpluck on #bukkitdev for their help with debugging the exception code.
    • Thanks to the original authors of NanoHTTPD, from which this plugin is based.
    A bit more about:
    • The default port number had to be above 1024 incase users were not running bukkit as root on their system, similar to my hosting setup. If you get a socket error of some kind after trying a port below 1024, this is probably because you're not running as root on a *nix system - windows users should be fine. In which case, you should just direct your users to :8107, talk to your host about running as root, or get a minecraft server from someone who offers extensive NAT configuration such as PigSaddleHost ie. my server listens and serves on port :8107, but you all connect to it on port :80 in your browsers. Fantastic! You can also do this yourself with iptables.
    • I'm also working on modding a version of MCStats to work plug and play with this - providing you with player stats on your webhost!
    • There is now a signature generator bundled with BukkitHTTPD! You can mod this with any image you like, just swap out BukkitHTTPD.jpg for any image of the same dimensions, it will work right away. This will be at yourip/image.png
    • If you have any questions about the stats plugin please ask on their thread. I have bundled a modified version of it with this plugin for ease of use, it will work straight out the box.
    NanoHTTPD License:

Copyright © 2001,2005-2011 Jarno Elonen <[email protected]> and Copyright © 2010 Konstantinos Togias <[email protected]>
    Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
    Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
    Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
    The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
    THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ''AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Changelog:
    • 14/05/2011 - v0.0.1: wrote source code and released plugin on bukkit.org after extensive testing and going live with it on my server.
    • 15/05/2011 - v0.0.2: changed default html page and bundled a stats plugin.
    • 25/05/2011 - v0.0.3: bundled themable banner creation.
    • 25/05/2011 - v0.0.4: added configurable color for the text. Changed output to .png

Blechbuexse, JWhy, dark1256 and 3 others like this.
  2. Offline

codename_B

You simply need to redirect the domain to that ip. Depending on who your domain is registered with it may be impossible/extremely difficult to do so.
    If it's with godaddy, it's super simple and there's tutorials on Google that will help you. On something like namecheap, I'm just not sure. Again, try mr Google.

But if you're going to be running your minecraft server on hamachi, this will be running off hamachi too or mr rogers will be blocking it soon, as its a forwarded port running a server. Who is this mr rogers!?

No, something far more devious ;)

3. Offline

bahihenher

Rogers is the main canadian internet service provider :p

4. Offline

codename_B

What a disappointment...
    I had visions of Mr Rogers coming round in person and interfering with your ports...
    [​IMG]

5. Offline

bahihenher

anway, im using whois.com

i read earlier that you had to set up an A Record, and I did, but it still wont work. any ideas?

6. Offline

codename_B

You gotta wait for your TTL to update too, after setting up the A Record. Can take 12-24 hours.

7. Offline

bahihenher

ah wow. see you tomorrow then ;)

8. Offline

Parlez

sorry, i am a noob at this, but where is the port configurable? in the first post it seems to indicate server.properties. Its not there.

9. Offline

codename_B

You need to add a line to server.properties in your favourite text editor.

10. Offline

bahihenher

Yeah it's in the OP.

Also, My TTL was set to 8 hours, when I visit my domain name I'm getting a 404, any reason?

11. Offline

codename_B

Have you setup the port forwarding correctly, what OS are you running? What have you got the port configured to? Have you got the plugin installed and running? Have you got the /plugins/BukkitHTTPD folder with an index.html in it?

12. Offline

bahihenher

The plugin works, I have 80 and 8107 forwarded correctly, and it's running Ubuntu. The plugin works, I can access my index.html via my IP in the browser (5.240.218.76:8107) and other people can too, I just can't figure out how to link that IP with my domain name.

13. Offline

codename_B

That's a hamachi ip... You can't link a hamachi ip with a domain.
    Let me refer you to my earlier post.

14. Offline

bahihenher

Lol, but my ISP blocks (or SERIOUSLY) limits my output of p2p data, because they think it's some kind of torrent software. They don't care.

I have no choice but to change my port every 4 hours if I don't use Hamachi, and that's a hassle to send 15 people a new IP every 5 hours.

15. Offline

codename_B

That's fine, you're just 100% never going to be able to serve a website on hamachi. Don't even try.
    Get a better ISP - or convince them to let you serve stuff.

16. Offline

bahihenher

I'm changing to a business IP where they have to let me serve. Is there a way that in their MC clients, they put in my domain name, while not the custom port? like just aliencraft.org, and it would redirect them through he changing port? because if so they wouldn't have to update their port to 25566, then 25567, and so on.

17. Offline

codename_B

Basically, no. There is no way for you to do that, if they leave the port blank it simply looks at port 25565 (as that's the default minecraft port) much like in the internet, you leave the port blank and it looks at port 80 (as that's the default http port)

18. Offline

bahihenher

No the website won't be the issue if I get rid of Hamachi, it will be that the minecraft server will lag to shit, because I get throttled down to like 20 Kbps max. I'm basically fucked then?

19. Offline

codename_B

The website will also be an issue, as they will throttle the port that that is serving on.
    Why not consider renting a server from someone like PigSaddle like I do? Players can be very generous (donations cover costs for me) and you get zero lag, as well as any DNS you need setup (like the BukkitHTTPD)

It was REALLY silly of you to try and set an A Record to a hamachi ip btw... just silly...

20. Offline

bahihenher

Lol, I already have my own server at home so why waste a perfectly good one? How much does your cost?

21. Offline

codename_B

Because you're forcing people to use hamachi and it severely limits your audience? If your home internet was fine that'd be a different matter.
    I have a 60 slot server for $35/month

22. Offline

bahihenher

35? Jesus. I thought it would be like 300 a month.

23. Offline

codename_B

Hah, no, anyone who tries to charge you something like that is ripping you off big time.

24. Offline

bahihenher

So there's absolutely no way to use Hamachi with a webserver? Couldn't I open those "virtual" ports to allow traffic in?

25. Offline

codename_B

Hamachi needs hamachi to work... and hamachi doesn't open itself to the web. You really are FAR better using a rented server or one on the propert internet. It makes your server so much more accessible.

Here's my details for my server - no hamachi: website-ubempire.com minecraft ip-ubempire.com
    How simple can it be? That simple. The website you see on that site is hosted from bukkit using this plugin.

So yeah, check out a server host or talk to your web company. I can personally recommend pigsaddle as I've had an AMAZING experience with them as well as near 100% uptime! Check it out!

Version 0.0.3 out with sexy banner creation! UPDATE!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  26. Eastonch is creating some sexy styles here... ;P

- Confirmed by Codename_B

27. Offline

RaCooN

Just wanted to give you a thumbs-up! This plug-in is just rocking, I've been following it since the first release. It's getting better and better, just wanted to thank you for all this hard work. It's simply amazing...

eastonch likes this.
  28. Offline

codename_B

I like it but can you remove your ip from the bottom corner? :p

29. Shall does :p i did e-mail you.. and text you. that's just a placeholder - and i did some other tests while at college :p

Another one i was bored making at college.. this is using elements and not my CS5 package at home so.. :p

30. Offline

codename_B

I'm in the process of adding custom colors as we speak!

EDIT: with custom colors, there will be a format change to .png

That one isn't really high enough quality to add to the list, I'll be using your first one though!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  31. Offline

Mohye

Hi,

This plugin looks awesome!
    But I don't find the download link...
    Is there a way for resizing the banner as we want?
    Only show the informations we need?
    And also know the state of the server?

Thanks![diamond]

(And thank you for your whitelist plugin, it's so usefull!!)