[INACTIVE][ADMN] SimpleSave v3.25 Simple automatic saving! [000] - Backups!

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by desmin88, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Offline

desmin88

2. Offline

Dazzel

@desmin I do not have the console entry enymore. It was not a faliure of the plugin it self. It was the problem of the saves. You already solved it now with your post above me :) I didn't get that either ^^

3. Offline

desmin88

@Dazzel
    It wasn't my plugin..... it was probably the server itself.

4. Offline

Dazzel

Yeah right ;)
    A suggestion: Add a manual command for backups and store them separately and with an extra limit ;)

5. Offline

ghostsoldier23

Do you have terrain saving disabled for some reason?

SimpleSave told me to do this:
    Code:
    16:36:10 [INFO] Unable to delete directory backup\survival.null
    16:36:10 [SEVERE] java.io.IOException: Unable to delete directory backup\surviva
    l.
    16:36:10 [SEVERE]       at org.desmin88.simplesave.FileUtils.deleteDirectory(Fil
    eUtils.java:365)
    16:36:10 [SEVERE]       at org.desmin88.simplesave.Backup.backup(Backup.java:48)

16:36:10 [SEVERE]       at org.desmin88.simplesave.SimpleSave$BackupMethod.run(S
    impleSave.java:133)
    16:36:10 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(Craf
    tWorker.java:34)
    16:36:10 [SEVERE]       at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    16:36:11 [INFO] SimpleSave: Deleting old backups
    16:36:11 [INFO] [SimpleSave] Backup completed.
    I listened. :D

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  6. Offline

trevorhenrich

now simplesave only saves sometimes :p

7. Offline

George Nico

For some reason, it seems to screw up when I /reloadall with Essentials. Only when there are players in game. If you /reloadall in the console with no players online, it doesn't happen.
    If I were then to restart the server, then it would begin to function properly.
    Help ?

8. Offline

Steeled

This plugin works fine on my server now! Thanks!

9. Offline

JacKlink01

Hmm I am having a lot of various issues with this plugin on 818.

Here is the error that occurs when typing /ssbackup or /ssBackup:
    Code:
    2011-06-01 20:10:10 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-06-01 20:10:10 [SEVERE]     at org.desmin88.simplesave.SimpleSave$BackupMethod.run(SimpleSave.java:128)
    2011-06-01 20:10:10 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(CraftWorker.java:34)
    2011-06-01 20:10:10 [SEVERE]     at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Here is the error that occurs on reload:
    Code:
    [SEVERE] Error occurred while disabling SimpleSave v3.1 (Is it up to date?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.desmin88.simplesave.SimpleSave.onDisable(SimpleSave.java:39)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:127)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.disablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:771)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.disablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:269)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.disablePlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:262)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.clearPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:290)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:311)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap$ReloadCommand.execute(SimpleCommandMap.java:247)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:128)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:273)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:430)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:415)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:311)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Here is the error that occurs on load:
    Code:
    [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling SimpleSave v3.1 (Is it up to date?): null
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.desmin88.simplesave.SSplayerListener.Run(SSplayerListener.java:49)
        at org.desmin88.simplesave.SSplayerListener.<init>(SSplayerListener.java:16)
        at org.desmin88.simplesave.SimpleSave.onEnable(SimpleSave.java:44)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:125)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:750)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:253)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:134)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:112)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:339)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap$ReloadCommand.execute(SimpleCommandMap.java:247)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:128)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:273)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:430)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:415)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:311)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    The plugin never backs things up on its own and only backs up rarely by using /ssBackup.

I also second the request that you at least raise the default backup.history.length to 5000 or some high number so we dont keep losing our backups when we update :/

Thanks for all your hard work!

ghostsoldier23 likes this.
  10. Offline

dirkson

11. Offline

Rebeljah

Can you please add a manual save and backup command?

12. Offline

desmin88

@dirkson
    That's the link on the first post
    @Rebeljah
    /save-all for a world save
    /ssBackup for a backup

13. Offline

ghostsoldier23

Another thing... whenever the plugin does a backup it only backs up the nether world. Not the regular world.

14. Offline

godsyn

Request : a command (ops only, or permissions based, whichever you prefer) to manually backup the worlds.
    Upon further reading I see:
    • Manual backupcommand /ssBackup used by OP's only. (No permissions)
    Excellent. Sadly, it doesn't work from the console.

15. Offline

maystorm

I'm getting exactly the same errors here.

16. Offline

Courtney

Also getting the exact same issues.

17. Offline

desmin88

A fix is in the works for that, for now, just don't use /reload...

18. Offline

Aklyon

Console Error!
    Running Bukkit 818.
    Code:
    14:20:56 [SEVERE] SimpleSave: Go to my thread and post the following information

14:20:56 [INFO] Failed to copy full contents from 'world\region\r.-1.0.mcr' to '
    backup\world\region\r.-1.0.mcr'null
    14:20:56 [SEVERE] java.io.IOException: Failed to copy full contents from 'world\
    region\r.-1.0.mcr' to 'backup\world\region\r.-1.0.mcr'
    14:20:56 [SEVERE]       at org.desmin88.simplesave.FileUtils.doCopyFile(FileUtil
    s.java:310)
    14:20:56 [SEVERE]       at org.desmin88.simplesave.FileUtils.doCopyDirectory(Fil
    eUtils.java:265)
    14:20:56 [SEVERE]       at org.desmin88.simplesave.FileUtils.doCopyDirectory(Fil
    eUtils.java:263)
    14:20:56 [SEVERE]       at org.desmin88.simplesave.FileUtils.copyDirectory(FileU
    tils.java:230)
    14:20:56 [SEVERE]       at org.desmin88.simplesave.FileUtils.copyDirectory(FileU
    tils.java:156)
    tils.java:125)
    14:20:56 [SEVERE]       at org.desmin88.simplesave.Backup.backup(Backup.java:40)

14:20:56 [SEVERE]       at org.desmin88.simplesave.SimpleSave$BackupMethod.run(S
    impleSave.java:133)
    14:20:56 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(Craf
    tWorker.java:34)
    14:20:56 [SEVERE]       at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

19. Offline

willystylee

Not sure if this has been reported before but, for a while now, for some reason the plugin isn't saving my world, it's only saving my world_nether. It used to work fine for me and backed up my main world but somewhere along the line it stopped doing that...

Code:
    #SimpleSave Config File
    #Thu May 26 11:21:34 PDT 2011
    save.interval=10
    save.use=true
    backup.message.ending=[SimpleSave] Ending world backup
    backup.message.starting=[SimpleSave] Beginning world backup
    backup.directory=C:\Users\Hp\Desktop\Latest backups
    backup.history.length=7
    save.message.send=true
    backup.use=true
    plugin.send.saveoff-on=true
    backup.interval=60
    plugin.ignore.noplayers=false
    backup.world.filter=
    save.message.color=RED
    backup.message.color=RED
    plugin.version=3.03
    backup.message.send=true
    save.message.starting=[SimpleSave] Beginning world save
    save.message.ending=[SimpleSave] Ending world save
    backup.date.format=-MM-dd-yyyy hh-mm-ss

Also (after experiencing the first problem), i tried changing my directory to where i wanted them to go to, (as you can see in the above paste of my config) but it just made a new folder in my server folder called "UsersHpDesktopLatestbackups" and started putting the backups of "world_nether" in that new directory.

Attached Files:

20. Offline

desmin88

@willystylee
    As stated before, directorys must be double slashed. It also looks like your not running 3.11
    C:\\Users\\Hp\Desktop\\Latest backups
    @Akylon
    Fill out a error reporting template from the OP.

21. Offline

Eyden

Hi,

I'm french and i've got some problems with this good plugin.

When i want to restart my serv, i do a "/save-all" manually, and i reboot.

The problem is when the serv is online, the manual save doesn't seems to have worked, because player's inventory is clean and blocks are deleted until the last automatic SimpleSave's save.

My serv is downing when a player left during a backup time. I suppose the update 3.11 of SimpleSave is correcting the problem.

Desmin88 thanks to watch on this post, and sorry for this bad english.

22. Offline

desmin88

@Eyden
    /save-all doesn't come from my plugin.... it's on of the default commands in bukkit servers. It's not my problem.

23. Offline

Eyden

Maybe there is a conflict between /save-all and your plugin... Because after uninstalling SimpleSave, the "/save-all" work again.

Please make a "/ssSave" like the "/ssBackup" on the next update...

Thanks for fast answers desmin88 !

24. Offline

willystylee

Hey there,

i updated to 3.11 today, added the double slashes to the directory, and it still hasnt creatd a backup for my world (that i can find) i see backups in my backup folder in my bukkit server folder but they're only of the "world_nether" that was added when mojang started giving smp support. I don't think the plugin is backing up my main world folder... was i supposed to delete the old config and generate a new one?

25. Offline

ghostsoldier23

Yes this has been happening to me as well.

Any backup whether it's manual or scheduled only backs up the Nether world. Strange. I had to quarantine this plugin on both of my servers because it was screwing everything up so bad.

26. Offline

Fearlessagent

I can confirm this, no errors either. The client side command indicates that it's saving, but doesn't actually save. Using the same command via the console works perfectly though.

27. Offline

willystylee

What else have you been experiencing?? I've been having a bunch of rollbacks... don't know if it's do to this plugin, but if you say you are too imma quarantine it as well... :/

28. Offline

Steeled

Why is it saving and backing up WAY out of intervals? It's doing it randomly too, it'll backup and save like every 5-60 minutes, even though I have the intervals set on Save: 60 and Backup: 180. This plugin is good... but it needs some working on. It was doing this in v3.1 but it is doing it MORE in v3.11

29. Offline

ghostsoldier23

Yes me too! I've had people saying they lost materials and such. I think SimpleSave has been rolling back some of the server data...

30. Offline

iFreZzAx

This dosen't seem to work for me at all. Never perfoms an Auto save I get no errors or anything running 818.

31. Offline

dirkson

Nope, the link on the first post is wrapped in an ad redirect, rendering it useless for wget.