[INACTIVE][ADMN/SEC/FUN/TP/RPG] NetherBan v0.6.3 - Maintenance [860-953]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by DreadKyller, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Offline

DreadKyller

NetherBan V0.6.8
    Condemn your users to an eternity of suffering!
    Note: I am not stealing this plugin! Go to original thread, I'm picking it up during Walker's 7 week leave. All credit goes to @Walker Crouse! This thread was only made to make it easier for my to post updates. When Walker Crouse gets back posting will return to original thread.
    During @Walker Crouse 7 week leave he has asked me to maintain his netherban plugin for him. Original thread can be found here for more details.
    Download: [Jar] [Zip]
    What is NetherBan?
    • NetherBan is an alternitive method to banning/kicking a user, don't you ever wish there was something in the middle? when the user could not just come back in, but also not have to be banned for a possibly smaller action? This is the middle.
    • NetherBan allows you to banish players to, well, the netherworld of your choice, of course you can use any other world than the nether.
    • You can kick or ban to the netherworld, while banished you can not:
      • Build(If Configured!)
      • Destroy Blocks
      • Chat
      • Use Commands
      • Use Portals
    Features:
    • Ban players to the Nether
    • Kick players to the Nether
    • White-list
    • Configurable
    • Blacklist items
    • Permissions support (not required)
    • Lightning strikes on banish (configurable)
    Configuration:

Click Me! :) (open)

#NetherBan Config​
    #Sat Jun 25 12:45:38 EDT 2011​
    Banished-Cant-Build=true​
    Kick-on-Death=false​
    Normal-World-Name=world
    PvP-Disabled-For-Banished=true​
    Banished-Cant-Empty-Bucket=true​
    Blacklist-Lava=false​
    Banished-Cant-Destroy=true​
    Display-Lightning-On-Banish=true
    Nether-World-Name=world_nether​
    Entities-Target-Banished=false​
    Blacklist-TnT=false​
    Banished-Cant-Use-Commands=true​
    Banish-on-Death=false​
    Blacklist-Fire=false​
    Mute-on-Ban=false​
    Banished-Have-no-Inventory=false​
    Save-Inventory=true​

Permissions and Commands:
    Click Me Too! :) (open)

netherban.nbban - Allow /nbban <player>
    netherban.nbkick - Allow /nbkick <player>
    netherban.nbunban - Allow /nbunban <player>
    netherban.whitelist - Allow /nbwl <player> || /nbwhitelist <player>
    --
    /netherban <player> | Ban a player to the Nether!
    /nbunban <player> | Unban a player from the Nether!
    /nbwhitelist <player> | Whitelists a player and makes them safe from banishment!
    /nbhelp | Displays help menu
    /nbversion | Displays NetherBan version you have.

Bugs:
    • Players that are unbanned may not teleport back up to normal world. Trying to fix.
    Todo:
    • Private chat channels for the banned
    • Any suggestions?
    Changelog:

Version 0.6.8
    • Fixed bug where plugin could not retrieve the main path (85% guarantee)

Version 0.6.3
    • Used the full path of the craftbukkit.jar to define base path to hopefullly finaly fix some Linux compatibility issues

Show Spoiler
    Version 0.5.8
    • major bugfix - Fixed some compatibility issues with Linux systems. Thanks @CainFoool

Version 0.5.72
    • Found source of IOException with file creation.
    Version 0.5.7
    • Bugfix - used @Juze recommendation to use .ymal for banished and whitelist, hopefully fixes bug.
    • Feature - World differentiation, seperate banished/yml for each world, meaning change the world name in the config file and then change it back later to have the same banned people. Same with inventories.
    Version 0.5.2
    • Bugfix - Finally got a hint on fixing the banished.txt only storing one player.
    • Bugfix - Removed bug cause by folder not being created before file
    Version 0.5.2
    • Bugfix (could not reproduce the bug, so hopefully) - Fixed banished.txt clearing automatically
    • Feature - Added "Banished-Have-no-Inventory" option in NetherBan.prop (Clear inventory on banish)
    • Feature - Added "Save-Inventory" option in NetherBan.prop (Save inventory on banish and load it again on un-banish)
    • Added saving and loading inventory
    • Added auto-updating config, no need to delete old one like previous updates
    Version 0.5.1

• Bugfix - Fixed stupid bug where plugin had to be reloaded again after loading it (Thanks @tips48 )
    Version 0.5

• Bugfix - Players can now be banished while offline
    • Bugfix - Checks on player login to see if a player is banned and makes sure they are in the Nether
    • Bugfix - Players can now be unbanished while offline
    • Feature - Added "Banish-on-Death" option in the NetherBan.prop
    • Feature - Added "Kick-on-Death" option in the NetherBan.prop
    • Added "Entities-Target-Banished" option in the NetherBan.prop
    Version 0.4.1

• Bugfix - Made fallback for error when you don't configure the plugin correctly.
    Version 0.4

• Bugfix - Whitelist command is back
    • Bugfix - Improved consistency
    • Feature - Lightning on banish (configurable)
    • Restructured code
    Version 0.3.1

• Bugfix - Removed players can be banished while offline
    • Bugfix - Removed players can be whitelist while offline
    • Bugfix - Removed whitelist command
    Version 0.3

• Feature - Added version command (/nbversion)
    • Feature - Added help menu (/nbhelp)
    • Bugfix - Players can now be banished while offline
    • Bugfix - Players can now be whitelisted while offline
    • Bugfix - Fixed adding yourself whitelist bans you
    Version 0.2

• Bugfix - Fixed the plugin not liking when you banned people who where in the Nether already.
    • Feature - Added whitelist.
    • Bugfix - Chat errors
    • Feature - Added whitelist command (/nbwl || /nbwhitelist)
    • Feature - Added alias for /nbban (/netherban)
    • Bugfix - Fixed Permissions completely!
    Version 0.1.1

• Bugfix - Added "Banished-Cant-Use-Commands" option in the NetherBan.prop file
    • Bugfix - Minor chat bug
    Version 0.1

• Initial release!

2. Offline

wassilij

If you want i can give you Server access and you can Test ^^

I have two server, one active and one inactive .. and both have the same errors with NetherBans.

3. Offline

DreadKyller

217.198.138.69:25565 is your public, you can do whatever you want, sure I'd test it, see if there's any ways I can help.

Also, found a bug, sometimes it will not let you unban a player. instead of unbanning it'll just show the help saying /nbunban <player>, so need to fix that...

4. Offline

Jensc

Please fix this. I really could use the plugin. We'll advertise for it in our vids.. so if it's ready.. :p

5. Offline

DreadKyller

@Jensc please be quite a bit more specific, if you could tell any bit of into at all about what to fix that would be extremely helpful, I can't fix anything if I not know what it is you're trying to ask. The only issue seeming to be at large are issues with Linux compatibility, as it does not cause any errors on other systems.

6. Offline

bob3695

On linux (CentOS) since you have "/plugins/NetherBan/" as your main directory it is trying to create it at the top level (outside of the Minecraft folder even). So unless someone has their permissions set so that anything can create folders at / on linux they are going to get errors. Drop the "/" at the beginning of your main directory variable.

7. Offline

Jensc

Ok, it's not making ANY folder here (Win7 64-Bits) .. that's the main problem.
    Really sucks, because we use demigods mod too and that way we can keep hades in the underworld (nether) :p

Please look into that

8. I keep getting this.

9. Offline

DreadKyller

I can finally reply, my internet is seeming to not be glitching anymore right now. I am going to do womething I should have done at first, since one person it saying use the / on linux, and another is saying not to, the I'm just going to use getDataFolder().

@Leigh Novakovich I thought you had a long error there for a sec, but it's like 7 of the same one, and it's the error that everyone seems to be reporting, so I'm looking into it, hopefully will be updated soon if my internet does not start messing up again, for a few days I couldn't even post any replies, errors...

@Jensc I will look into making a trap feature so people still have permissions but are stuck in the nether.

10. That's good to hear. Hope it's an easy fix for you. I wouldn't have noticed if my moderator hadn't had been winding me up. See what I'm reduced to, sending my moderators to hell :p

11. Offline

Jensc

Can't you just fix the error? Because i don't have permissions (not planning to have it either).
    I'm getting almost the same log as Novakovich.

Ty, please fix this fast!

12. Offline

DreadKyller

@Jensc permissions isn't even required, lol, so what are you talking about? I'm trying to fix the error, unfortunately I have like 1000 things going on, in 4 days I'm only going to be here part time and there's a lot of stuff I got to do before that, so trying to rush me might make mistakes.

13. Offline

Jensc

Didn't quite understand what you meant with
    " I will look into making a trap feature so people still have permissions but are stuck in the nether."

Btw can you make something like "They can get to the normal world again by eating a red mushroom, but you can only eat ONE red mushroom each 5 hours or such, and they can get back with eating a brown mushroom".

Just an idea ;)

14. Offline

DreadKyller

what I meant by that @Jensc is that people will still have the ability to build, destroy, attack etc... ust not leave, I didn't mean "Permissions" plugin.

also, red mushrooms are too common, so sorry, I don't think so.

Jensc likes this.
  15. Just let him fix the plugin.

Adding new things to a broken plugin will just make it worse.

I mean no disrespect when I say your plugin is broken.:oops:

Jensc likes this.
  16. Offline

DreadKyller

no offence taken, I'm almost done with a hopeful fix for this dang bug that's driving me insane, I get 10+ comments a day telling me to hurry up...

17. Offline

bob3695

@DreadKyller I feel your pain haha. If you need assistance (I develop plugins too, although I have taken a break from the ones I have on here) let me know and I will grab your code and see what I can do.

18. Offline

DreadKyller

updated, hopefully fixes errors, like I said before, I can't get the error so I can't really test if it works, but from all info I've gotten so far it should. So please reply if there is any issues.

@bob3695 I've already got help offers from tips as well, I haven't really needed much yet, but if I need any I'll keep both you in mind. thank you.

Jensc likes this.
  19. @DreadKyller Wicked, will test the update now.

*Update*

Sorry dude :(

Wait, seems it hasn't created the config.

20. Offline

Jensc

Novakovich.. same problem as you again :D

21. Haha. Fair play to DreadKyller he is trying. He fixed the problem we had. Just so happens it created another.

I will say, top notch support though.[diamond] Have a diamond since there's no thumbs up emote.

22. Offline

DreadKyller

hmm, I do not get this error. I have never seen this one before, nor do I know the cause.

EDIT! also btw, the reason the config was not created is because the plugin failed to load, so nothing happened.

23. Offline

Jensc

The plugin can't load Netherban.jar.
    :'(

24. Offline

DreadKyller

i know, it's so sad... :'(

25. Offline

SwearWord

Wow it won't even load. Post your latest source, I'll take a look at it. -_-

26. Offline

DreadKyller

@SwearWord strange, once again like I've said to like everyone, It loads for me so I'm really confused...

27. Offline

SwearWord

@DreadKyller
    Hence me asking you to post the updated source so I can find the problem.

28. Offline

DreadKyller

yeah I know, I'm trying to update the thing, but it seems not to update...

29. Offline

dak393

Aww my lives suggestion got lost in the transfer XD

30. Offline

Jensc

I need this before the 11th of july. Please fix it soon :D
    Ty ^^

31. Offline

DreadKyller

unfortunately I still do not know the error that's causing it, and I have over 25 things I'm doing in one day, the 11'th is short notice, but I'll try to have an update today, if it doesn't fix it then this bug is something that will never get fixed most likely.

Jensc likes this.