[INACTIVE][ADMN] MotherNature v1.2 - Control the weather, Umbrellas, Timed weather [711]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Yetanotherx, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Offline

Yetanotherx

MotherNature - Control the weather:
    Version: v1.2

So far, all the weather-controlling plugins have simply had commands for starting and stopping the weather. But what if you don't have any admins online and want rain? That's where this plugin comes in. Here, you set a time interval and duration, and it rains after a certain amount of time, every time! The process runs in a thread, so it is unaffected by lag. It also allows you to manually set rain, thunder, and even lighting! It also provides an umbrella, so you can stay dry even in the wettest weather! And, if you're feeling adventurous, holding gold boots and right-clicking a point anywhere in the world will strike a bolt of lightning!

Download MotherNature v1.2
    Source Code

Configuration:

Running the program the first time will make a config.yml file in the MotherNature/ folder. Here are the config values you can set:

• debug - Debug mode. Should leave as false
    • rain
      • interval - Seconds between rainstorms
      • duration - How long the rain should last, in seconds
    • thunder
      • interval - Seconds between thunderstorms
      • duration - How long the thunder should last, in seconds
    • wand - Item ID if the lightning wand. Defaults to gold boots.
    Usage:

• /mn help - Shows a help message
    • /mn version - Shows the version
    • /mn reload - Reloads the config
    • /mn rain - Starts a rainstorm
    • /mn thunder - Starts a thunderstorm
    • /mn lightning player - Strikes lightning down on a player
    • /mn sun - Makes the day sunny again
    • /mn umbrella - Holds an umbrella over your head
    In addition to the commands, holding gold boots (if you have permissions) and right-clicking will strike lightning on the block that you click, even if you're far away from it.

Permissions:

MotherNature works best with either Permissions or GroupManager installed, but they are not required. Here is a list of permissions you can give them.

• "mothernature.command.help" - Use "/mn help"
    • "mothernature.command.version" - Use "/mn version"
    • "mothernature.command.reload" - Use "/mn reload"
    • "mothernature.command.rain" - Use "/mn rain"
    • "mothernature.command.thunder" - Use "/mn thunder"
    • "mothernature.command.lightning" - Use "/mn lightning"
    • "mothernature.command.sun" - Use "/mn sun"
    • "mothernature.command.umbrella" - Use "/mn umbrella"
    • "mothernature.wand" - Use the lightning wand
    Changelog:

Version 1.2
    • General fixes
    • Umbrella added

Version 1.1
    • Add the rain, thunder, lightning, sun commands
    • Add the lightning wand.
    Version 1.0
    • Releasing MotherNature

DaEgo, smegmabob, Juze and 1 other person like this.
  2. Offline

blutherz

Where can i disable the spam?
    I see in consol always the actual weather like it is now raining or it is now stopping rain etc etc...

i prefer a additional command a.e. "mnstatus" for consol output the weatherstatus

3. Offline

ikmtgv

I installed this plugin and whenever I use any /mn command it says "An internal error has occurred..." What do I do?

4. Offline

xDarKen

hmm...i have the same problem as you, even thought i want the fire to spread the dont spread... lol

5. Offline

Xphacter

Can we fix this? I'm seriously thinking about removing this plugin from this spam.

Plus is the pigzombie clientside bug from this plugin / craftbukkit / or from notch. Because if it is Notch he should know about it since he is doing bug fixes for 1.6

6. Offline

Selryam

Awesome plugin. Hahaha, I always laugh when using the umbrella.

7. Offline

kyle921

I've had the same error as well. Also, do you think you could add a config item to disable the timer function of MotherNature and use the default timing? Anyway, thanks for the great plugin!

8. Offline

Myke

Hey, an idea for the umbrellas, could you make them customizable per player? so players can choose different wool to have different color umbrellas! Also, need to make it so players cant destroy the block so they have an unlimited supply of glowstone and planks

9. Offline

Tamfoolery

I have this mod installed on my server, and while it is really good, there is a problem. I don't know whether (no pun intended) this mod is the cause, or if it is a bug in the game, but for some strange reason it is snowing in the desert!

Is anyone else getting this problem?

10. Offline

HadrienM

Is this plugin prevent fire spread with lightning ? Beacause i can't destroy things with lightnings :/ Before, i was able to...

Lightnings fires cannot spread and cannot hurt/kill people too

11. Offline

rockiesfan1234

Im the admin for my server and i dont have permission to use the plugin, nither do any of the other mods or admins. What do i do?

12. Offline

Kartus

Code:
        thunder:
            duration: 120
            interval: 30
    interval: 30 = all 30 seks thunder? or each 30. rain = thunder?

13. Offline

silkey22

can you make a no cloud plugins

14. Offline

Polly

Hello.

I noticed that the thunder config settings do not work as you would expect it to work. So I looked into the source code and found something that could be a bug (I'm not familiar with minecraft coding style).

The thunder variables are set calling mothernature.rain. Shouldn't it be mothernature.thunder?

Code:
    private static void setSettings() {
            debugMode = config.getBoolean("mothernature.debug", false);

rainInterval = config.getInt("mothernature.rain.interval", rainInterval);
            rainLength = config.getInt("mothernature.rain.duration", rainLength);
            thunderInterval = config.getInt("mothernature.rain.interval", thunderInterval);
            thunderLength = config.getInt("mothernature.rain.duration", thunderLength);
            lightningWand = config.getInt("mothernature.wand", lightningWand);
        }

15. Offline

Mikor

Polly is correct. Code should be updated to state:

Code:
    private static void setSettings() {
            debugMode = config.getBoolean("mothernature.debug", false);

rainInterval = config.getInt("mothernature.rain.interval", rainInterval);
            rainLength = config.getInt("mothernature.rain.duration", rainLength);
            thunderInterval = config.getInt("mothernature.thunder.interval", thunderInterval);
            thunderLength = config.getInt("mothernature.thunder.duration", thunderLength);
            lightningWand = config.getInt("mothernature.wand", lightningWand);
        }

16. Offline

HaloLegendz

Mine Won't Work It Say Internal Server Error HELP!

17. Offline

MacG32

Definitely like this plugin. Thank you Yetanotherx. :) I have it set rain every 99999999 seconds for 1 second. Keeps the sky sunny all day. :D

18. Offline

TewDIE

I think worldguard can stop weather. update the config

19. Offline

smegmabob

I have an issue lately that I'm not certain is even connected to your mod, this is just the only thing I could think of atm:

We (my friends and I) started a server not too long ago that had some sporadic snow about. It even had instances of thundersnow (awesome btw) and rain/snow biomes next to one another (probably caused the aforementioned thundersnow) . Since then however it's as if the entire town area we built upon, which was mostly snow-free, has since become riddled with sporadic snowfall to the point of it looking like someone sneezed.

If this isn't caused by your mod, I apologize.

Thanks!

:)

20. Offline

revfeuerfrei

Couple of suggestions.

First : Can we get the weather randomized a bit? Right now I go in and edit the config once in a while to change things up.

Second : Make the umbrella out of glass, I tested this last night, and could farm wood planks for days, and get glowdust from the the stone, in a world where glowstone / dust is hard to come by, giving players the umbrella would make it trivial. Might be easier to just go glass, instead of making it nodrop someway.

21. Offline

thecrazyman3565

hey um we have a problome.when i type the rain
    command.it snows.and i hate.because now my world is full of snow and its very ugly.and i went
    into a area with no snow at all.it still snowed. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

22. Offline

anon

So...there is this thundertower plugin and it catches natural lightnings on a defined area of the tower. The problem is, if the lightning is generated by the thunder tool of this plugin, it just ignores the tower.

Any way you guys could make any kind of partnership, where you could make a way for the lighnings of this plugin to not ignore the tower, provide the author of thundertower a way to catch the manually generated lightnings or integrate it inside this plugin?

Anything that could help a bit would really be apreciated.

23. Offline

LastShenanigan

Since uninstalling this mod we haven't had any weather on our server at all, any input as to what might cause this?

24. Offline

Yetanotherx

I really wish this hadn't become as popular as it did. It really was an experimental plugin that snowballed out of control. If another developer wants to take the reins of this plugin, PM me your Github account and I'll give you permissions. Otherwise, consider this plugin unsupported.

25. Offline

4am

Plugins have no control over where it rains or snows. It's based on your map - and the biomes aren't stored in the map data, they're generated based on the world seed. If it snows in a particular spot on your map it will always snow in a particular spot on that map, the only way to change that is to get a new map

26. Offline

Kartus

probably it's possible: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/me...ltiworld-support-740.15183/page-4#post-276869

27. Offline

Schlumpfpirat

Why is it inactive?

28. Offline

4am

because

3 posts up from yours.

Schlumpfpirat likes this.
  29. Offline

MacG32

Works perfect with CB #815.

30. Offline

Neero

818 too, I'm only using interval for rain tho :)

31. Offline

Masterflapdrol

dear
    Yetanotherx

why dont it work on essentails?
    please fix and/or help me.