[INACTIVE][ADMN] DefaultPermissions v0.3.4 - OBSOLETE AS OF CB1060 [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Celtic Minstrel, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

DefaultPermissions - Make default commands compatible with Permissions
    Version: v0.3.4

NOTE: As of recommended build 1060, this functionality is present within CraftBukkit (ie without this plugin) provided you are not using GroupManager or Permissions. See here for details.

Have you ever wanted to give a trusted user or group access to vanilla Minecraft commands, such as /kick or /whitelist? Have you ever wanted to restrict access to the CraftBukkit commands, such as /plugins? This plugin lets you do that with permissions.

Use: Just add the relevant permissions to whichever user or group you want to give them to in your permissions config, and voila! That user will be able to use them.

NOTE: Most Minecraft commands are restricted to ops for a very good reason, since they can allow a user to effectively seize control of the server until someone with console access shows up. Do not give these permissions lightly. If you give your Default group access to ban and kick, and some griefer shows up and destroys your server, don't come complaining here.

Permissions:
    • minecraft.<command> - Gives permissions for a single Minecraft command. Supported commands are: help, kick, ban, pardon, ban-ip, pardon-ip, op, deop, tp, give, tell, stop, save-all, save-off, save-on, list, say, time, whitelist, me. Note that some commands may be overridden by other plugins; if this is the case, the relevant permission will have no effect.
    • minecraft.time.set, minecraft.time.add - Finer-tuned control to the vanilla /time command; controls access to /time set and /time add respectively.
    • minecraft.whitelist.<command> - Finer-tuned control to the /whitelist command. Supported commands are: on, off, add, remove, list, reload
    • bukkit.version, bukkit.plugins, bukkit.reload - Controls access to the respective Bukkit commands.

Download (alt link; may not be up-to-date)

Changelog:

Version 0.3.4
    • Fixed a bug with superperms compatibility.

Version 0.3.3
    • Supports aliases for CraftBukkit commands.
    • Supports Bukkit superperms.

Version 0.3.2
    • Fixed the issue with DefPerms$PlayerOverride being shown in place of a player's name when using /tell.

Version 0.3.1
    • Commands are now intercepted regardless of case.

Version 0.3
    • A config file is now used to decide whether to even attempt intercepting the commands. Commands not listed in the config file will never be intercepted by the plugin. Note that it still only works for built-in commands.

Version 0.2
    • Command feedback now appears to the user instead of in the console.
    • Replaced craftbukkit.* with bukkit.*
    • Don't check for subcommands if permission for the main command was found.
    • If the player is an op, allow the command to complete normally.

Version 0.1
    • Initial release

Taranis01 and Niles like this.
  2. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Are you using v0.3.4?

3. Offline

echibahn

i overlooked version i thought it said 3.4 nvm lol

4. So does build 1060 include the functionality of this plugin? Bare in mind that I'm using Yeti's Permission system.
    EDIT: Looks like Yeti's Permissions might be broken from this update :(

5. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Yes it does. I'll update the opening post with a link.

6. Hey I had a problem.. How do add more permission nodes to the permissions because i only have the default ones that u put there (i Think) how do u add more

7. Offline

Chromana

So CB1060's vanilla permissions don't work with Permissions, only PermissionsBukkit?

8. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

I think that would be the case, yes.

9. Offline

darth2499

when will you add support for Permissions 3.0? Or is it in there? Because whenever i add permissions for the groups they cant do the commands, just says no permission...

10. Offline

wildsteelerfan

it says "permissions.yml is empty ignoring it!" ?? why? what do i put in it?? plz help thanks

11. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

This plugin won't be updated after build 1060, since build 1060 includes permissions of its own that do the same thing. That said, this should support Permissions 3.0. There may be a setting in the config you need to flip.

@wildsteelerfan – That message has nothing to do with this plugin.

12. Offline

darth2499

ok, umm i looked in the config and made usebukkitpermissions to false and still says i dont have permission, and i also tried setting it to true, no luck. The question is if this supports any other permissions besides bukkit one like PermissionsEX? (PEX) Does it support that?

13. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Yes, it does. Anything that supports PermissionsBukkit automatically also supports PermissionsEx and bPermissions.

14. Offline

BI0

When I type my permissions into my permissions group folder, nothing happens.
    Like. I write in the guest permissions that they can use /list - they cant.

Code:
    groups:
        Guest:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix: '&e[&eGuest&e]&f'
                suffix: ''
                build: true
            inheritance:
            permissions:
            - lockette.user.create.*
            - modplugin.help
            - modplugin.list
            - modplugin.plugins
            - minecraft.list
            - minecraft.tell
        Veteran:
            default: false
            info:
                prefix: '&a[&aVeteran&a]&f'
            inheritance:
            permissions:
        Moderator:
            info:
                prefix: '&9[&9Moderator&9]&f'
            inheritance:
            permissions:
            - modplugin.ban
            - modplugin.kick
            - modplugin.unban
            - lockette.user.create.*
            - lockette.admin.snoop
            - minecraft.whitelist.add
        Admins:
            info:
                prefix: '&4[&4Administrator&4]&f'
            inheritance:
            permissions:
            - '*'
            - lockette.user.create.*
            - lockette.admin.snoop
            - lockette.admin.break
    anything wrong with this?

sorry if its obvious. i'm new to bukkit.

15. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Make sure that Bukkit permissions are not enabled in the config file. I think. Also keep in mind that if you use 1060 or later, you don't need this plugin at all (there's a link in the opening post to a list of permissions that you can use instead). That's why I'm not going to put this plugin on BukkitDev.

(That does require you to switch to bPermissions or PermissionsEx or PermissionsBukkit for your permissions system, though.)

16. Offline

ElitexvxRampage

I run a creative/freebuild server. I want to give permssion for everyone Member plus to have /give some reason it isn't working :( Please help!

Show Spoiler

groups:
    Guest:
    info:
    prefix: '&7'
    suffix: '&f'
    build: false
    permissions:
    Member:
    info:
    prefix: '&2'
    permissions:
    - 'minecraft.give'
    - 'minecraft.me'
    - 'clear.self'
    VIP:
    info:
    prefix: '&3'
    permissions:
    - 'minecraft.give'
    - 'minecraft.list'
    - 'minecraft.me'
    - 'clear.self'
    Mod:
    info:
    prefix: '&b'
    permissions:
    - 'minecraft.give'
    - 'minecraft.list'
    - 'minecraft.me'
    - 'minecraft.kick'
    - 'minecraft.tp'
    - 'clear.self'
    Admin:
    info:
    prefix: '&4'
    permissions:
    - 'minecraft.give'
    - 'minecraft.list'
    - 'minecraft.me'
    - 'minecraft.kick'
    - 'minecraft.ban'
    - 'minecraft.tp'
    - 'minecraft.say'
    - 'clear.self'
    Owner:
    info:
    prefix: '&a'
    permissions:
    - '*'

Also I have tried to give Mod and Admin more commands so I don't have to op them fully. They don't work either. :S

17. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

This plugin is obsolete. See the link in the opening post.

18. Offline

BI0

Are you sure minecraft.list works? I set it for Guest and they can't use the command.

Thanks!

19. If you are using 1060, you are using the wrong line and this plugin isn't needed anyway.

Remove DefaultPermissions.jar from your plugins directory and follow the link in the first post to the bukkit wiki to get the correct permissions nodes. Here is a hint:

craftbukkit.command.list

20. Offline

oglop

please what are the permission nodes which I could add to users as granted commands?
    I tried every node from post and link but nothig hapened, maybe I missread something bcz if I add * to myself I can do anythink

thank you so much

21. Offline

imjake9

I think it's time to mark this plugin as inactive, Celtic. :p Right now, it seems we're just pulling people away from Bukkit's official solution.

22. Offline

oglop

I'm just little confuse (there is much of text and I'm not native english speaker), can you tell me what is official sollution? is it from that link at the first post?
    See here for details.

thanks

23. That would be the right page.

The job that this plugin did, allow access to the built-in commands from the minecraft server itself, is now built-into bukkit version 1060 and on.

The link in the first post lists the permission lines that need to be added so someone can use them.

For example, with this plugin, the line minecraft.kick would be added to a group or user to let them use the kick command. Now with the current bukkit, the command is bukkit.command.kick.

Does that help?

24. Offline

oglop

no it didn't help me much bcz regular member are still able to use /plugins which I don't want!
    I'm using PEX

25. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

@oglop – Bukkit 1060 doesn't have a built-in permission for plugins, but the next recommended build will. If you can't wait that long (I suspect it'll be after 1.8 comes out) you can get the latest dev build.

26. I see...
    That is probably your problem.

If you are running Bukkit 1060, in your PEX config, set the default permissions for your users that you don't want to have access to the command to -bukkit.command.plugins

If you are using bukkit 1000 and this plugin, the permissions node should be -minecraft.plugins.

27. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

And then give the permission back without the - for the people you do want to have access to the command.

28. Offline

oglop

yea I know, I'll try it again but I think I tried it already to negate that permission but it didn't work .. I'll try it once more for sure

29. Offline

seenaman

i got like 5 groups. guest,member,mod,admin,owner. How do I make it so that only admins+ can spawn. I use filezilla to upload. pm me the answer people im about to go to sleep. Where is the file that I edit permisions in anyway. Im new to all this so excuse me for the newbish questions

30. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Spawn is not a permission that exists either in this plugin or in Bukkit.

31. Offline

seenaman

i meant spawn items sorry