im looking for a plugin that would ban or restrict plp if they hacked you

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Feenix, Jun 2, 2012.

?

good idea?

1. yes

50.0%
  2. no

50.0%
  1. Offline

Feenix

here's where i am coming from, i did the silly thing i realise that now i didn't know before. that turning online mode off would open me to hackers. here's what happened. i turned it off then after a while plp got on who had modded their minecraft to be able to hack, and i guess the mod is they can make users caractor do something as if it was me that was typing it. so basically they made them self op, and in the log it shows i did it but i wasn't even at my computer at the time. so obviously they destroyed everything but no biggy because i had backups from the night before.

so i would like a plug in that would only be accessible from the console for security purposes, so they couldn't check if you have that plug in. and what that plug in does is it has it's own list of who should be op and who shouldn't so if plp hack you and they aren't on the list the command is denied and they are automatically banned and a message appears on their pc like you dumb ...... im protected against plp like you. lol

anyone willing to code this? i have worked in java before but im no where near as good as developpers here. only thing i want other than the plug in, is the credit where it's due. i don't mind sharing credit with the developper but i don't want him to act like it's all him u know ;)

2. Offline

Robbo905

Try NoCheat+, it only allows the console to OP people. Besides the point though, if you leave offline mode off, then people will just use your account to destroy the server.

3. Offline

Feenix

already have nocheat didn't do anything against them

4. Offline

TheTrixsta

Mhhh why not when you join it registers your IP to your name, and if another player join and the IPs dont match the IP that tried to connect will be banned? I call this. I can have it done pretty quick :D

5. Offline

Feenix

well what happened in the log is that the user with his modded minecraft took control of my caractor and made it as it i was typing /op (hisname) so as far as the server is concern it was me telling the server to make him an op. but i didn't do it i was away from my pc at the time. so if there was a plug in that would check who is becoming op based on a whitelist and his name wasnt in there would ban him immediately. and that plug in would only be able to be seen or controlled via the console so a hacker would mostlikely check for that plug in name doesn't see it thinks all is fine and will grief all he wants.......... then surprise dummy u got cought XD

6. Offline

TheTrixsta

Sorryy just read it wrong :) making it atm

add me on skype at
    "thetrixsta."
    with the period

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  7. Offline

Feenix

cool XD will do :D altho more a teamspeak 3 person but ok
    if u like teamspeak 3 i got my own server at ygss:dyndns.org:9987

8. Offline

TheTrixsta

sent you a link to download the plugin in you Personal Message box

9. Offline

Feenix

holy crap that was quick lol

10. Offline

izak12345678910

can you make plugin public? also why not make server online mode true or add a plugin for /register so they need a passcode like /register <Password> Confirm then /login <PasswordYouUsed>

11. Offline

Feenix

ok so anyone not on that list will be instantly banned as soon as i do /op someone name right?
    ty much no errors so far will be testing it asap.
    ok it works XD i got my self banned lol altho i was on the safety blanket list maybe i spelled it wrong lol... oh wait i did XD perfect plug in works great so far XD now to unban my self :eek: :p
    only issue so far, is i can't even op my self in game and i got the spelling right will keep trying lol
    i think i found my error at the end of my name "TheRealFeenix: i didn't do enter XD silly me lol

little issue mate: i can't op anyone or i get banned not them, i didn't try from console but i did exactly as u said but it keeps saying im not on the whitelist

12. Offline

TheTrixsta

mhh add me on skype please, id like to fix this

13. Offline

Feenix

i did waiting on ur approval

14. Offline

TheTrixsta

didnt get the request make sure you entered it in the display name and not the real name :p

and make sure theres a period "thetrixsta." like so

it can get very annoying

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016