I can connect but no one else can..

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by SpaceMan0, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

SpaceMan0

Hello Bukkit Community, I have been having problems with my server. I use have my server up and my friends would play on it with me, but now no one can connect except me. Please help me thanks.

I'm using an Actiontec GT724WG router/modem.
    I have port forwarded 25565 on both TCP, and UDP
    Any other information needed please ask.

2. Offline

kubaku4

You have to forward port (Default is 25565) and give YOUR public ip to your friends.

3. Offline

SpaceMan0

I have port forwarded 25565, I also updated the top part too.

Someone please help me :(

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  4. Offline

HollowCube

What was the IP address you gave your friends?

5. Offline

SpaceMan0

I'm using my no-ip account I gave them the one I set up. I also let my friends try my regular ip from http://www.whatismyip.org/

Please help me as soon as possible.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  6. Offline

Bertware

Your port forwarding is correctly? (25565 to the correct internal IP? What IP did you forward the port to?)
    There isn't a firewall blocking java?
    And don't bump you posts unless they're at least more then one day old...

Deleted user likes this.
  7. Offline

SpaceMan0

Sorry for bumping, and I am sure I used the correct port and with Actiontec there is no option for an ip you select your computer name. Which in my case is CodeMan-Hp

8. Offline

Bertware

check your firewall.

9. Offline

SpaceMan0

I don't have my firewall turned on for my router, the windows firewall I added the ports. I don't think it's firewall.

10. Offline

Bertware

Did you also allow java? just to be sure.

11. Offline

SpaceMan0

Like I said before I had a server that was working and people could join then I think a setting in the router got changed by a family member.

12. Offline

HollowCube

If someone reset your router or it lost power temporarily your computer's IP changed. Open up a command prompt, type ipconfig, and port forward using the new IP address.

13. Offline

SpaceMan0

I just said that port forwarding on my router doesn't require an ip. It requires computer name.

Not to be rude.^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.