How do I set a global spawn point?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by BigCoots, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BigCoots

I'm new to running a Minecraft server and I just finished getting it online... though, I was wondering, how do I set a global spawn point for everyone once people start joining my server? I've built some of the spawn area and I want to set the global spawn point inside of it. Do I need a plugin for this or is there a setting I can edit?

Also, I apologize for my noobish questions. :p

2. Offline

saul100

3. Offline

CODsniperkid

Correct, but in my personal opinion, I would recommend Essentials because it is a really nice collaboration of different essential(ha :p) plugins/features.

4. Offline

BigCoots

Thanks for the information guys. I've installed Essentials and it seems to be working, but the only spawn like command I can find is /setspawn and I'm not sure if this will be global for when anyone logs in. Will it, or will have I have to do something else? I want it to be where when people login they're spawn in the point I choose, and same thing when people die.

5. Offline

CODsniperkid

In the Essentials config.yml file, you can change to make different spawns when you first join that server, default spawn, and onDeath spawn.

6. Offline

saul100

/setspawn in Essentials set the permanent spawn point.
    When someone logs in or /spawn 's, they will be teleported there.

7. Offline

BigCoots

Oh okay, thanks so much guys! I'll have to get a couple of friends to try it out to make sure all is well. I appreciate all of the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.