How can I delete my BukkitDev account?

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by bigbend, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

bigbend

Hello-

I am trying to delete my BukkitDev account but have been unable to do so thus far. Right now I seem to have 4 accounts, one on Minecraft Forum with the username bigbend, one on Bukkit Forums with the username bigbend, an account on bukkitdev with the username WyattSlauson and a Curse one with the name WyattSlauson as well. I created the BukkitDev account because I though I was creating a Bukkit Forums account. I didn't realize that they are different. I am trying to delete the bukkitdev and possibly the curse one because they have my real name listed. Plus, I am not a developer, so I have no need for the BukkitDev one. I want to keep the Minecraft Forums and Bukkit Forums accounts with the username bigbend though. Can you help?

2. Offline

Gravity

Minecraft Forums, BukkitDev, and Curse accounts are all the same thing. As far as I know, you cannot change your Curse account name.

3. Offline

bigbend

Then how did I end up with two accounts having a bigbend username and two having WyattSlauson? Are Bukkit Forums and BukkitDev the same thing? Because when I try to log in to Bukkit Forums using WyattSlauson it says no such user but with bigbend it works. Same thing vice versa.

4. Offline

andrewpo

dev.bukkit.org and bukkit.org have separate authentication systems.

5. Offline

lukegb

Deleting your Curse account (including BukkitDev account) can be done as follows:
    1. Go to http://curse.cursesupport.com/tickets/new
    2. If requested, log in with your Curse/BukkitDev account (note: you don't actually have to use an Email address in the "Email" box - your username will work just fine)
      login.png
    3. In the "Title" box, enter "Please delete my account"
      ticketTitle.png
    4. Under "Type", select "Delete Non-Premium Account" - you will find this under "Curse.com"
      ticketType.png
    5. In the "Description" box which appears, enter:
      replacing <<USERNAME>> with the username of the account that you want deleted.
      ticketDescription.png
    6. Click "Create a Support Ticket"
      ticketCreateTicketButton.png
    7. Wait for a response from Curse.
    Note: you can click any of these images to make it larger, so you can see what you need to do.

6. Offline

ZachBora

lukegb :O you fixed the attachment thing?

7. Offline

lukegb

There was an attachment thing?

8. Offline

ZachBora

I've seen people attach files and they weren't attaching or noone could see them. But you seem to have them working. Maybe only works for administrators.

9. Offline

TnT

Curse just informed me, Curseforge (and thus BukkitDev) accounts cannot be deleted at this time.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

10. Offline

user_43347

How else would they have users?

11. Offline

TnT

http://dev.bukkit.org/profiles/steaks4uce/

Probably for the same reason you use it. The service provides you some value, aka, hosting your plugins in a central location where everyone can see and use them.

12. Offline

user_43347

Because it was forced down my throat and my plugin's inactive.
    I was actually viewing this thread "for a way out".

13. Offline

foxboy992

ok... so i just made my bukkit dev account (only one bukkit, i don't have a forum, curse or any other) and so i tried the link. Curse said that i couldn't login because there was no such user. so what do i do now. i don't want this bukkit dev account, but i don't know how to get rid of it. and all other attempts have failed miserably. any suggestions?(the reason i don't want this account is because i made it at about 3 in the morning, so i goofed up the username and now i want to change it.)

14. Offline

TnT

foxboy992
    Just don't use it and create a new account.

15. Offline

foxboy992

so can i still use the same email? or do i need to use a new one?

16. Offline

md_5

Change the email of your old account to something else and then you can use it in your new account.

https://dev.bukkit.org/home/edit-email/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  17. Offline

foxboy992

ok new problem. i am trying to create a new account as you said, but when i do it sais Invalid profile. how do i get past this? i have filled in all of the fields.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.