Hide my real ip so i can make my server public?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Blasteyhood345, Jul 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Blasteyhood345

Ok so this might sound like a noob question, but I have an MC server and I host it and I portforwarded it to my router so i own the server and all. But i recently got a domain ip for the server so my friends could go on without using the super long ip with digits and stuff. I have heard tho that people can still find my location using my domain ip without having my real one. My question is: is it possible to hide mt actual ip when i want my server to have more people than just my friends i know? if so, what is the best way to hide it without getting a new host.

2. Offline

Zombie_Striker

@Blasteyhood345
    You can't really hide your ip; If someone had the time and patience to do so, they can find it.

You can try using proxies, but that will increase the latency on the server and will only make it slightly harder to find your location.

However, unless you are posting your domain on public forums or if you give yourself any reason to be targeted, I doubt you will need to concern yourself with this.

3. Offline

Blasteyhood345

Oh ok so if i just wanna find some people on some servers i can give them the domain and i wont really have to worry?

4. Offline

Machine Maker

@Blasteyhood345
    Yes. But if you want to have a custom ip, (they can still find your public ip) freedns.afraid.org to setup a custom IP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.