HEY is the torch placing bug minecraft or bukkit problem?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by M3t, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

M3t

Thaanks.

2. Offline

Plague

Did you just accidentally the whole bottle? :D
    No, seriously, which bug?

Also, you can find the answer easily, just run minecraft_server.jar instead of craftbukkit and test.

3. Offline

rbanke

If he's talking about what I think he is, then i'm having the same issue. Torches, red stone or regular, and levers (maybe other things i havnt noticed) automatically seem to switch blocks when placed. If you place a torch/lever on a wall it will automatically move itself to the floor. If you remove the floor block, and place it on the wall it works fine. Also if there is a two blocks with space in the middle, if you place a torch on one block, it moves to the opposite. Havnt tried testing with vanilla server vs craftbukkit though.

4. Offline

M3t

please test and post here

5. Offline

Bomhab

I've run into the same problem and have tested by loading up a vanilla server and then the craftbukkit server. Vanilla allows me to place torches without having them jump from the ground to an adjacent wall or from wall to wall if they are parallel, the bukkit server is where the bug occurs.

On a similar note, ladders are invisible, cannot be climbed, and cause my character to move in a glitchy fashion whenever i approach the block where I placed the ladder on my server when bukkit is loaded but this ladder bug is not present when i load the server vanilla style.

I believe I have the most curent version of bukkit. When I load the server it says: This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-444-g9e8ca13-b424jnks <MC: 1.2_01>

edit: I also loaded up the craftbukkit server without any of my Plugins (various essentials mods) and the problem was present with just a default craftbukkit server.

6. Offline

TnT

That build is pretty old now. There were problems with ladders and torches in the early 420's. I'd suggest grabbing the latest recommended build, or a bleeding edge build (anything newer than the latest recommended build).

7. Offline

Bomhab

Ok, updated the craftbukkit from your linked recommended build and both torches and ladders work perfectly for me. Thanks for the help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.