Solved Help With Setting up Premissions

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by FredKing27, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

FredKing27

Hi I thought it would be nice to have a plugin that codes in all of the default premissions. So you can
    Get all of those plugins that require premissions to be configured. It should also have an automatic
    code in feature so that your plugins will also have their defaults in I would download it and I know some friends who would download it as well.

I know this may have sounded lazy but I just don't want to screw up my server i've spent the whole week making this server "localhost" I planned on releasing it soon but I just can't find a chat prefix
    plugin thats does not require premissions configured. If you know of a prefix plugin that does not require premissions configured please tell me.

Bump!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016
  2. Offline

Kodfod

FredKing27

Please wait for an answer, wait 12 hours before bumping and read the [READ BEFORE YOU POST]

3. Lol your cool
    Wish i can bump every 7 minutes.
    This is me:oops:
    This is you:cool:

4. Offline

FredKing27

Lolz I new couldn't find the rules. :p How do you quote someone? As I said i'm new on this site and I don't know much about this place other than good servers and good server plugins.

5. Offline

Kodfod

*scrolls up*

*looks next to the word forums*

*gasps*

*sees RULES*

6. Offline

np98765

I don't think that's possible. Someone would have to code an entirely new permission plugin that scans each plugins for permissions, okay. But how is it going to know where to put each permission? Which ranks get what? Which ranks are there?

The entire point that the entire permissions system was based off of is configurability. The ability to make permissions work for your unique situation. There's no magical "solution", you have to figure out what ranks get what powers for your server.

A whole week? People spend months working on their server. -_-

And Permissions isn't going to "mess up" your server, unless you give everyone the power to use /stop or something.

Yeah, there are all those "tag" plugins. You just have to manually type everyone's name into some sort of tagging command. Try searching on BukkitDev.

7. Offline

FredKing27

Ok I just wanted to see if there was any way out of setting up premissions.

Thanks! Also can you tell me how to quote people.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

8. Offline

np98765

Not using permissions? :p

I did a search, and within 20 seconds I found this:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/newtag/

Seems like "/newtag set [tag] (player) - sets a tag on a specific player. He/she does not have to be online." is doing exactly what you asked for.

Hit the "Reply" in the bottom right corner of their post. ;)

9. Offline

FredKing27

Thanks for Finding the plugin for me now People will be able to tell who's an admin or not!

Also Do you know how you make yourself owner on your server.

10. Offline

np98765

Yep. And if you ever need help with permissions... I recommend Omnitv . :cool:

"Make yourself owner"? What constitutes as being an owner?

11. Offline

FredKing27

I'm not using premissions because I setup tnt to do no dammage to blocks using world guard. No creeper block dammage also world guard no lava spread and no lava fires world guard again. Also all of the defaults for the plugins that I use are proper.

12. Offline

Kodfod

go to your console and type op <your username>

13. Offline

FredKing27

Having the power to ban admins.

14. essentials.ban <----- Essentials permission

15. Offline

FredKing27

I already made myself op on my server "localhost"

How do you set that up and do I have to setup perms to use essentials.ban

16. Offline

np98765

Yes, essentials.ban is a permission node. Just make yourself op, and all your admins op as well, I guess. To ban an admin, you need to deop them first, and then ban them (I believe).

17. Even, why are we helping him in the plugin request?
    TnT i think it's in the wrong thread.

18. Offline

FredKing27

Is there any way to find out all of the defaults for the server and the plugins and setup the premissions with the defaults but by modifying essentials.ban and would this be a simple process.

Originaly it was a plugin request it just strayed off topic. TnT I'm okay if you move it but it would be helpful if I could keep it here

19. It would be more likely it will be moved to the Bukkit Help.

20. Offline

Omnitv

No clue on whats going on, all I know is that I got taged.

21. Someone needs help with permissions

22. Offline

WarmakerT

Tl;dr

He wants a plugin that gets all the permissions of every plugin installed and configures them.

23. Offline

FredKing27

Okay that would be good so someone may be able to write the code for me I don't think I know enough about bukkit to do it myself TnT If you could move it that would be helpful.

24. Offline

TnT

FredKing27
    You realize this is how permissions actually works, right? If the plugin.yml has the permission node set to default: true, then all users get it by default.

You are looking for help setting up permissions. Moved to the correct forum.

25. Offline

FredKing27

Who Tagged you?

26. Offline

np98765

I did. :3

I was saying if FredKing27 ever needed help with Permissions to go to Omnitv.

Omnitv likes this.
  27. Offline

FredKing27

Do you know how to setup plugin.yml so only one user gets it.

Thanks for moving this to the right forum TnT

28. Offline

TnT

You normally don't. You setup your permissions so that only one user gets it. Negate the nodes for everyone else.

I suggest getting bPermissions and reading through the documentation. Do not expect to have it setup perfectly in 5 minutes. Permissions are often something you need to plan out, and setup carefully.

29. Offline

FredKing27

If I were to provide the list of the plugins I use could anyone setup all of the code so that all of the defaults are coded in. So It would be easy for me to setup essentials.ban

TnT I would Recomend In a Future Update for all of the defaults to get coded into the premissions.yml when you install the server and plugins for the server.

TnT Could you change the name of the thread to help with setting up default premissions.

30. Offline

TnT

That is not how the permissions.yml works.

You need to start reading. These questions are all covered in the Bukkit wiki or the plugin documentation.

Edit your thread, you can change your own title.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.