Help with making a Server (Mac)

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Prime_Jetspace, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Prime_Jetspace

I used TheArcher's automatic Server making Bukkit thingy to create a Bukkit Server. I followed every step correctly, but I always get this error on the LaunchServer.command:

Code:
    182 recipes
    27 achievements
    18:04:15 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version 1.2.5
    18:04:15 [INFO] Loading properties
    18:04:15 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565
    18:04:15 [WARNING] **** FAILED TO BIND TO PORT!
    18:04:15 [WARNING] The exception was: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
    18:04:15 [WARNING] Perhaps a server is already running on that port?
    I have also followed the instructions of many different tutorials of how to make a Bukkit Server on a Mac, but it always ends with this problem.

I have even tried typing in my IP address in Minecraft with the launcher running to no avail...

So what's the problem? Also, I got this Mac a few days ago, so I don't know much about it.
    And yes, the "server-ip=" is blank.
    I REALLY need to fix this, I've already downloaded a ton of plugins in anticipation of fixing the problem!
    Also, question, what are all the folders that the server folder will have? And when/where do they appear?

2. Offline

josdog7

This means that you have something in the server-ip field.

Post the server log when it is blank?

3. Offline

Prime_Jetspace

I fixed the problem, but now it sits there saying "Connecting to server..." for a long time, then says "java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable".

Even the new folders appeared, but I still get that message in-game.

4. Offline

josdog7

This is probably caused by something to do with your router. You should google that string: "java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable"

5. Offline

Prime_Jetspace

Well, my only internet connection is a WiFi. But I will anyway, thanks!

6. Offline

josdog7

No problem. If you are running from a public wifi, you probably can't portforward or make the server public.

7. Offline

Prime_Jetspace

It's not public. Do I need to port forward? According to this thingy... I need to find the "internal external IP" and not the "external external IP", is that correct?
    Also, "localhost" connects me to the server, but not any IP address I can find.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.