HELP WITH LAG

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by dvargas135, Nov 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

dvargas135

I found a server with 500 megabytes of RAM and 58 plugins. The server players are around 10-20.

How does the owner do that? He pays for a host, he doesn't host the server on his pc/mac.

Please help me finding that way of reducing lag to 0%!

2. Offline

XD 3VIL M0NKEY

dvargas135
    I'm sorry, there is no way at all that you can improve server tick rates (lag) with 500MB RAM. Put it this way: I ran servers with 8GB of RAM and 70 plugins and I still dropped tick rates when I got 50+ online.
    This is on a dedicated server too. I would suggest that the owner either upgrades to at least 2GB of RAM or to get rid of at least 3 quarters of those plugins.
    Other than that you might just have to put up with it I'm afraid.

3. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

I doubt he had 500 megabytes with 58 plugins and 10-20 players on. He probably had a lot more RAM. As for reducing lag, make sure you have enough RAM, and CPU. You also might want to get a anti-lag plugin.

4. Offline

dvargas135

I saw the /gc command and it said 512 megabytes and did /pl, he had 58 plugins. Is that even possible? Or maybe he did something that steals the hoster's ram?

5. Offline

XD 3VIL M0NKEY

dvargas135
    It's possible, it just means that the plugins will be fighting for the memory usage and the Minecraft server can't get enough to run efficiently.

6. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

Just to add on to this, I doubt he is stealing his hosters RAM.

XD 3VIL M0NKEY likes this.
  7. Offline

dvargas135

If it's possible, how do I do it?

8. Offline

Jaaakee224

dvargas135
    If you're using a server hosting provider, talk to them about the issues. If you're hosting the server, it is probably just because you have a slow computer or a lot of heavy plugins, such as multi-world plugins.

I don't think it is possible to run 58 plugins and have 10-20 people on with no lag, only running 500 megabytes of RAM.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2020
  9. dvargas135 He isn't going to be able to reduce lag on that. I would recommend going through all the plugins ans deleting the unused plugins or finding a host with cheaper prices that offer good quality hosting.

10. Offline

dvargas135

Omfg but I saw that! He pays for a host and he has 500 Megabytes of RAM! He doesn't want to tell me the secret, although you say it isn't possible, how does he modify the /gc or /lag thing when saying 500 Megabytes? The plugin list isn't modified, I logged in with his account and he was OP and Owner, so I doubt he changed the plugin list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.