Help nothing works anymore...

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Planetdune, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Planetdune

Hey peepz

In a life long past I spend countless hundreds of hours on recreating stormwind in minecraft. Now today I wanted to see if I could pick it up again and noticed minecraft got some updates in the almost 2 years I have been away...

I back then (got all that data ofcourse), used bukkit server and some plugins and texture pack modifications...

Today, I installed minecraft (seems it is 1.8.1) end tried opening my world, it doesn't even see the world if I dump it in .minecraft\saves. I tried creating a new world and then replacing the data of the created world with my own but does not work either..

How do I access my world I made back in ... hmm 1.5 ? 1.4 ? not sure but I do believe over time I updated to somewhere around 1.6 or 1.7...

Thanks!

2. Offline

xize

@Planetdune

what you could try is importing the world in mcedit however I believe its very tricky so its very encouraged to make a backup before doing it so.

a safer way could be of course if you still got the old server jar and worldedit that you join back on that older version of minecraft you can set your older version in minecraft through the client launcher in options and then trying to make schematics of them its probably longer work though but safer than corrupting a world I geuss so.

I believe ive once converted a world from alpha that way with mcedit to 1.7 it was very buggy to do though also keep in mind that alot has been changed with the terrain generator aswell meaning you likely will see chunk edges where new chunks are generated.

3. Offline

Planetdune

Ok so I am slowly trying to get back into this. Running into another problem, it seems my plugins I used are not updated for 1.8.1. Instead I need to use 1.7.10. Which is fine by me but where can I download 1.7.10 ? I assume the official minecraft site only has 1.8.1 ?

Ok I found this page:
    https://mcversions.net/

Not sure how to install all of this however, I always used bikkit, but I read those don't exist anymore :(

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
  4. When you start up Minecraft it gives you the minecraft launcher.
    if you choose "edit profile" you can choose which version you want to play with, all the way from alpha to the newest snapshots. It will then download it automatically when you start playing.

Then you just need to download the 1.7.10 version of bukkit, but that might not be available anymore due to the whole DMCA takedown. I have my server hosted by a company, and in their settings I can select a bukkit version for 1.8.1, so It might still be available somewhere/somehow. I'm not really sure what's up with that.
    I do believe you can still download spigot though, if you can't get bukkit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.