[Help] Need assistance with features

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Draugr, May 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Draugr

Hi.

I have started running my own server and I've been testing it out over the last 2 or 3 days. I've noticed a few things that I wanted to see if there were work arounds or alternate methods.

1. I built a large fortress type area and realized that If I open this server to other users, there is a chance that they can dig up, or break apart my fortress.

My question is this: Is there a way for me to set a specific set of coordinates or area as only buildable by myself, or specific users?

1a. How about being able to give plots of land, or maybe marking an area and granting a specific player; builder rights on that land so they can build and dig all they want. Also, would be cool if they (the owner of the piece of land) could grant builder rights to other users who they wish to join them in their construction.

2. Monsters spawn within the walls of the fortress I built. Kind of defeats the purpose of having protective walls. ;)

My Question: Is there a way to set an area to not allow monster spawns? Basically, I do not want the monsters to spawn within the walls or buildings of the fortress. Now, if the monsters spawn outside the gate and someone leaves a door open, then having them storm the castle/fortress would be fine, but to be working in the fort and have a creeper spawn near you then blow apart what you were working on, kind of sucks! :(

3. I setup Dyna map earlier and it seems to be working great. :) I wanted to ask if there is a GUI like program that shows the admin a map of the world and then allows the admin to select areas and set properties? Think RTS type games where you drag a box around an area and all units within that box become active. Well, something like that except the area within the box would be the area that the admin would be setting specific rules to such as No player building/digging, or only specific users can build in the area, basically if you read questions 1 & 2, if either of those are possible, is there a GUI type program that allows a admin to set rules like that on their server world?

Well, sorry for blabbering so much, but this game is highly addicting and I know my brother and a few friends would love this game. I just want to make sure my fortress and other creations can't be destroyed by other users digging or smashing apart my creations.

Oh, if there is a way to protect an area from building, or breaking apart walls, and such, is it possible to have TNT and other explosives such as Creepers STILL work and blow things up? Might be neat for a future event where teams attack each others forts and try to break through the defensive walls with TNT or such.

thanks
    John

2. Offline

tajak10

Use worldguard. Worldedit. Mutliworld. Permissionsex

3. Offline

Sayshal

Draugr send me a private message if you'd like some more help with this, I'm feeling nice today and your post is greater than the average "OMG WHY IT BROEK!?!". Send me a PM, I'll walk you through and teach you to make this work. :)

4. Offline

Harry8550

I'll be happy to help with this if you need additional help after sayshal :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.