Granting Item Ownership and Displaying Item Owner

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by enton0vae, Aug 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

enton0vae

Minecraft version: 1.19.2

Suggested name: ItemOwnership

What I want:
    • I'd like a plugin that allows you to claim ownership of an item.
    • I'd like it to also display to others that you own that item. It could be displayed in any possible way such as if you hover your cursor over said item, or if you run a command to see who owns the item.
    • Only the owner of the item can rename the item.
    • Ownership could be controlled through either commands or through naming of the item.
    I mainly want this to prove ownership of an item in an SMP. Players could easily make a carbon copy of an item and rename it to have the same name, but that would not be the original item. Players could also easily steal your item and rename it to something else, claiming it was never yours. I want to prevent these scenarios.

Ideas for commands:

/owner
    This command would control ownership of an item. Similarly to /enchant, it would affect the item being held.

/owner add PlayerName
    This would allow players to grant ownership of an item to people. If the username is not specified, it would grant yourself ownership if the item is not owned.

/owner remove PlayerName
    This would allow players to revoke ownership of an item to people. If not an operator, this command would only work on yourself. If an operator, this command would allow you to revoke ownership from an item you do not own. If the username is not specified, it would revoke ownership from yourself

When I'd like it by: Anytime.

If a plugin or datapack of this idea exists already, please let me know! Thank you for your time.

2. Offline

krisz20hu

Hey, I made it! :)
    If there are any changes you want to make or bugs you found, let me know!

Attached Files:

3. Offline

enton0vae

Thank you so much! ^^
    I'll test it when I can, and I'll let you know if there's any bugs or such.

@krisz20hu @enton0vae
    I did some testing, and the plugin works wonderfully. Thank you so much again for helping me out ^^
    I noticed that you can't use enchanted books at all though if it belongs to someone else. Is it possible to make that feature optional? And is it also possible to allow an item to have multiple owners?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2022
  4. Offline

krisz20hu

Here you go :)

Attached Files:

5. Offline

enton0vae

Tested it once again, and it works like a charm! Thank you so much again ^^

6. Offline

JharlyOk

Hi, I was also looking for a plugin like this and I would like to use it, but apparently it is only for 1.19.x onwards, would it be possible for you to make it compatible with version 1.18.x as well, thank you very much.

7. Offline

krisz20hu

Hi, I apologize for the delay. I haven't visited the site recently.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.