[GOOD-IDEA] Everybody Read This! A Server Host Plugin!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by gamalamin1, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Offline

gamalamin1

What I Want: A Server Hosting Plugin that turns your server back on if it crashes and makes your server 24/7. A plugin that keeps your server on when your computer is in hibernation/shut down.
    When I Want It By: Anytime!

2. Offline

Syd

gamalamin1 likes this.
  3. Not possible...

4. Offline

nhadobas

When the computer is off it cannot run anything...

MrBluebear3 and EvilKanoa like this.
  5. Offline

XboxEnforcer

Buy a dedicated Minecraft server/VPS.

6. Offline

gamalamin1

Thank you! But I have a question.. how do I keep my server on without making my computer hot, do I set my computer to like hibernation?
    PS: Please don't say get a server host :(

7. Offline

nhadobas

Turn hibernation mode off and put your computer in an open space. Please books under it if it is a laptop, and clean out the fans.

mastermustard and gamalamin1 like this.
  8. Offline

Mitch_

Buy a sperate mini-pc that you can plugin to your laptop when you want to access it, leave the mini-pc by a silent fan or just on some books. If you cant do this, i know you said nor to do this buuuut use serverminer, its cheap and 24/7 and i use it and they are amazing! Heres the link for server miner: http://www.serverminer.com/
    Also coming back on a mini-pc, you could make your own pc to have your server on.
    Sign up and send in a ticket to billing and sales and ask thsm any questions :)

Mod Edit (c0mp): Removed affiliate link

gamalamin1 likes this.
  9. Offline

nhadobas

Why did you quote me?
    gamalamin1 Read what mitch just said. He explained a nice alternative for you.

10. Offline

gamalamin1

Open space? can you explain?

11. Offline

nhadobas

Not under your dirty laundry or under a table.

Dragoness, Bo98 and gamalamin1 like this.
  12. Offline

gamalamin1

Oh, thanks :D

13. Offline

iPadHD

Honestly, if you don't have a host, I highly recommend you not to host a server. There will be lag, and no way to make it 24/7.

14. Offline

gamalamin1

Got enough ram, RemoteToolKit plugin, some suggestions = 24/7 :D

15. Offline

iPadHD

Erm... I tried, My computer has 32GB of Ram, and I placed my server with 16 GB of Ram and at 8 players it lagged it...

16. Offline

nhadobas

Then your internet is below 5 mbs up and down.

gamalamin1 and gomeow like this.
  17. Offline

Mitch_

He he

18. Offline

RingOfStorms

Somehow I doubt your personal home's internet is not business class, I could be wrong but if you're making a bigger server you'll need server hardware and the correct internet.

19. Offline

Naddox

'enough ram' for what exactly? How much ram do you think is enough ram? What kind of processing power do you have behind the server? Whats your internet connection?

Double negative makes your statement say you doubt he has anything but a business class connection.

I run a private server with dedicated 16GB RAM, 3.6GHZ 8 core processor and on a 128GB SSD on my 32mbps connection and it all works out pretty good, the computer can handle a large amount of players, but the more people that connect, the more bandwidth the server uses up, which in turn will eventually cause lag.

20. Offline

Capybara_King

gamalamin1
    Proper dedicated servers have a lot of fibre optic cables running out of them - mine does! So running a server for more than ten or so people is virtually impossible on a laptop, no matter how many gigs of ram you have! You could buy a fibre optic cable and stick it in your pc, but you may suck up your monthly bandwidth (probably not with minecraft) and you would have to keep your pc by your router.
    -Capy

21. Offline

XboxEnforcer

Wait it go, advertise your affiliate link. *facepalm*

22. Offline

Mitch_

Sooooo

23. Offline

rguz10

To say its impossible is a long stretch. I have successfully ran a server on a laptop that would peak at 30 players every night. It was ran on a Ubuntu server OS though.

15 Up/45 Down
    2.2 dual core very old CPU
    4 gigs of ram

24. Offline

nhadobas

Where did you get 15 up using a home network?

25. Offline

XboxEnforcer

^ this.

26. Offline

rguz10

I live in Nj and use Comcast as a ISP.

27. Offline

nhadobas

Want to post a speedtest? Because Comcast doesn't hand out anything over 5 up unless you're willing into spend LOTS of money.

28. Offline

iPadHD

Erm, I erm... Getting more than 5 in a couple of weeks for cheap...

29. Offline

nhadobas

Im sorry, but you dont pay your bills? You dont exactly understand what cheap is.

Edit: Im guessing youre thinking about more than 5 download. Home networks have 5 up 90% of the time, unless you want to upgrade to business class.

30. Offline

iPadHD

Oh? I am sorry, I guess you thought I was... 12? No, I am 19, living on my own... I do pay my bills.