Development Assistance Getting block texture file name.

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by AlQurashi, May 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

AlQurashi

Im developing a plugin and I needed all textures on minecraft, I found all files in a jar file located in ~/.minecraft/versions/1.8.4/1.8.4.jar (I hope its the the correct one).

I need to do some operations on the block at runtime and one of them is to get the block texture file name that minecraft uses to render it, because the Material enum name does not match the file name in the textures directory, for example Material.WOOD, I dont have any image with the name wood.png, although I do have cobblestone.png for Material.COBBLESTONE.

Any help please...

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved to Bukkit alternatives.
    @AlQurashi Is this for a mod or plugin?

3. Offline

AlQurashi

Im really new to minecraft and bukkit, But Im sure im making a plugin.

4. Offline

@AlQurashi In that case: why are you accessing the game jar? Why do you need the textures in a plugin?

5. Offline

AlQurashi

The plugin will scan blocks and send some data to a webserver for processing, one of the information I need is the texture file name, of the texture as binary, I cant tell you more than that sorry.. :) and thank you for your help

6. Offline

@AlQurashi You do know that you can't access those files from within the server right? Only when you also have a client on the same machine.
    Would probably be easier to unzip the game, copy the textures etc and put them on the web server right away.

7. Offline

AlQurashi

Thats what I did, and yes I know I cant access these files from the server, I need to know what is the texture file name used when I scan all blocks, for example, I want to scan a 10x10x10 cube for each block I scan I want the texture filename to save it and upload this data to the webserver after scanning,

In my web server I will receive information about the block including the texture file used on this block.

8. Offline

@AlQurashi The texture file would be always the same one.
    It is probably be better to make a translation table for material->filename.
    Then just put that data on the webserver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.