Problem/Bug Getting an error when friend adds plugin please help

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by yourmaster01, Mar 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

yourmaster01

2. Offline

pie_flavor

@yourmaster01 The config is formatted incorrectly.
    The '#' means comment, so anything after a # is ignored. With one exception: #x. #x is the Unicode escape sequence, for example #x00a7 parses to §. Not sure why you wanted to comment out the lines with the items on them, but if you did, just put a space between # and X.

I think I get the syntax. Before each one, put a comment about what item it is. Then the actual tag begins with x one line below.

3. Offline

yourmaster01

@pie_flavor Thank you for reminding me of that it totally slipped my mind.

@pie_flavor ok i have added spaces and getting this

Can anyone help?

error:
    Code:
    2015-03-19 18:36:22 [SEVERE] Cannot load configuration from stream
    org.bukkit.configuration.InvalidConfigurationException: unacceptable character '�' (0xFFFD) special characters are not allowed
    in "<string>", position 40066
        at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadFromString(YamlConfiguration.java:55)
        at org.bukkit.configuration.file.FileConfiguration.load(FileConfiguration.java:138)
        at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadConfiguration(YamlConfiguration.java:202)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.reloadConfig(JavaPlugin.java:121)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.getConfig(JavaPlugin.java:111)
        at me.UnrealDimension.PriceCheck.PriceCheck.onEnable(PriceCheck.java:34)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:215)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:337)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:386)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:264)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:246)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:387)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:374)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:208)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:438)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    Caused by: unacceptable character '�' (0xFFFD) special characters are not allowed
    in "<string>", position 40066
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.reader.StreamReader.checkPrintable(StreamReader.java:70)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.reader.StreamReader.<init>(StreamReader.java:50)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:399)
        at org.bukkit.configuration.file.YamlConfiguration.loadFromString(YamlConfiguration.java:53)
        ... 15 more
    config:
    http://pastebin.com/nK0xpyiG

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
  4. Offline

pie_flavor

@yourmaster01 Why are you commenting out those ones? Do they not have a price?

5. Offline

yourmaster01

@pie_flavor not at this time just so many items. but what would be causing that error to happen?

6. Offline

pie_flavor

@yourmaster01 Maybe spaces didn't fix it, and you should pick a different letter.

7. Offline

yourmaster01

@pie_flavor
    the X is needed. when the code gets the item in hand lets say Collector MK2 it gets X126(1)

8. Offline

pie_flavor

@yourmaster01 Then put an apostrophe between the # and the X.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.