Inactive [GEN/TP] SpawnX v0.6 - Basic Spawn Plugin [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zelnehlun, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Offline

Zelnehlun

SpawnX - Basic Spawn Plugin
    Version: 0.6
    Supports: Permissions [optional]

<font color="rgb(51, 102, 255)">Download: Dropbox</font>
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

[​IMG]

This plugin provides two commands to save a spawn location and to teleport players to the spawn location. As always I would like to hear your feedback and criticism.

Setup:
    1. Extract the "SpawnX.jar" from the "SpawnX.zip" folder to your plugins directory.
    2. Restart your server or use the reload command.

Commands:
    * /setspawn
    * /home

Permissions:
    * SpawnX.setspawn
    * SpawnX.spawn
    * SpawnX.* (for both commands)

Changelog:
    Version 0.6
    * Polishing of the crappy code.
    * Updated to the latest Bukkit build.
    * Updated to the latest Permissions version.

Show Spoiler
    Version 0.5
    * Moves the original world spawn on /setspawn command.

Version 0.4

* Update to work with the newest Bukkit build.

Version 0.3

* Added Permissions support.

Version 0.2

* Set the spawn for multiple worlds.
    * Adjust a delay in seconds in "plugins/SpawnX/data.txt", if the delay does not equal 0 players will be teleported to spawn with the specified delay.
    * Disable the spawn command in "plugins/SpawnX/data.txt", write true or false behind "enabled=" to determine, whether all users should be able to use /spawn or only Operators.

Version 0.1

* Initial release.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
  2. Offline

JDD

Any chance an option could be set in this to allow players to respawn at home? I love this plugin and want to keep it for it's exact spawn capabilities and because my players are allowed to have a /home and a /spawn command. But I don't like how it overrides (MyHome unofficial) other plugin's /home respawn option.

3. Offline

adrianpip2000

Please add so it would be possible to set multiple spawnpoints :)

4. Offline

Zelnehlun

Yes I could add that players would respawn at their home point. But what is the point in multiple spawnpoints? That would be like Warppoints.

5. Offline

Manslaughter

He is saying area spawns... so if your closer to this spawn(Spawn A) then you are to another(Spawn B) then you will go to spawn A...
    And mine is still having that problem with not writing the file... any help plz?

6. Please make this work with General :/
    Currently, typing /spawn will lead to the original spawn.

7. Offline

Zelnehlun

Manslaughter try deleting the folder and just leave the .jar file inside (or even download it again maybe something failed). Reload or restart the server and type /setspawn as an Operator or guy with Permissions. @Mr_Fj what is General?

8. Offline

Faillress

Trend Micro blocks the download link.

Reply #100, i feel so privileged.

9. Offline

Zelnehlun

I'm sorry, who is Trend Micro?

10. Offline

Faillress

It's a security software.

11. Offline

Zelnehlun

12. Offline

Faillress

13. Offline

Drev

Is there any way to get bed spawning functioning w/ this plugin enabled? I really like the way new players and players without beds can have an exact spawn of my choice but for my RPG server I need a way to retain bed functionality.

14. Offline

Zelnehlun

I am not sure but I can try, problem is I have to find out if the player has set his spawn via the beds.

15. Offline

Nfexf

for me it wont work :(

16. It's a plugin, but nevermind. I forgot Generals has it's own spawn plugin (they were conflicting) It's not as precise as this one, though...

17. Offline

wears_Fedora

I just discovered that spawn protection does not move and stays in the original spawn location. Is there a way to fix this?

Edit: Okay, on my original SMP server, it works as expected. Move spawn and spawn protection moves as well. On my Peaceful server, however, this is not the case. I don't know what I've done differently, but spawn protection stays at the original location.

18. Offline

SicNinja101

1 thing would be much appreciated if you could make the spawn protection area customizable. so you can change the amount of blocks are protected around spawn. thanks

19. Offline

Zelnehlun

I did not include a spawn area protection in my plugin (to keep it as simple and lightweight as possible). The spawn protection is enabled by default. You can change it in your .properties file of the server.

20. Offline

wears_Fedora

Should the default spawn protection move with your plugin?

21. Offline

Zelnehlun

No, because the plugin does not move the original spawn point (I dont know if that is even possible, in mcedit it is). It just teleports a player to a saved exact location.

22. Offline

wears_Fedora

Weird. I somehow got it to move on my SMP and I never used anything other than your plugin.

Actually, I figured out what I did. I DID use another plugin at first, PlgSetspawn but his plugin does not set an exact spawn, it just moves the world spawn. That's how I got spawn protection to move. So... maybe look at his stuff and add that functionality into yours?

As it sits, you can use PlgSetspawn to move world spawn, then uninstall it and install yours to have an exact spawn.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  23. Offline

Zelnehlun

I could add the feature to move the world spawn too but leave the code for the exact spawn like it is.

24. Offline

wears_Fedora

That would be AWESOME.

25. I got a problem that the spawn area becomes HUGE world hole for everyone, as soon as they spawn they fall to certain death. Changing the spawn works for a while but sometime later the hole just moves.

Can this be because of some spawn protection conflict?

26. Offline

Zelnehlun

I do not know what could cause missing chunks which creates big holes. My plugin does not interact with the world except of moving the world spawn (which doesnt delete blocks or moves them). Maybe two plugins are having trouble with each other.

27. Offline

Dreceon

Thanks! The one of essentials din't worked!

McBadge likes this.
  28. Offline

PsycoSkillz

I dunno if anyone has ever said anything about this or not but there is a glitch or something or even the right version I'm talking about but whenever a player dies and goes back to the spawn their customized skin reverts back to default I think it's fine if they use /spawn and it only does that when they respawn. I believe users will have to die again in order to get their custom skin back.

Custom Skin -> Die -> Default Skin -> Die -> Custom Skin

I kept getting mixed up thinking this was something I should report to Notch or something, but this is a plugin not made by Mojang so it is not something they can fix. :p

29. Offline

Zelnehlun

The skins are part of Minecraft and it seems like it was not designed for teleporting people over large distances. I think we can not fix this issue right now.

30. Offline

Lown

Nice Plugin was looking for it . Its usefull on my server :) Thanks alot

31. Offline

Joshua Buglass

Exellent Plugin! Very very useful, and works like a charm :D, Cheers!