Inactive [GEN/TP] SpawnX v0.6 - Basic Spawn Plugin [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zelnehlun, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Offline

Zelnehlun

SpawnX - Basic Spawn Plugin
    Version: 0.6
    Supports: Permissions [optional]

<font color="rgb(51, 102, 255)">Download: Dropbox</font>
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

[​IMG]

This plugin provides two commands to save a spawn location and to teleport players to the spawn location. As always I would like to hear your feedback and criticism.

Setup:
    1. Extract the "SpawnX.jar" from the "SpawnX.zip" folder to your plugins directory.
    2. Restart your server or use the reload command.

Commands:
    * /setspawn
    * /home

Permissions:
    * SpawnX.setspawn
    * SpawnX.spawn
    * SpawnX.* (for both commands)

Changelog:
    Version 0.6
    * Polishing of the crappy code.
    * Updated to the latest Bukkit build.
    * Updated to the latest Permissions version.

Show Spoiler
    Version 0.5
    * Moves the original world spawn on /setspawn command.

Version 0.4

* Update to work with the newest Bukkit build.

Version 0.3

* Added Permissions support.

Version 0.2

* Set the spawn for multiple worlds.
    * Adjust a delay in seconds in "plugins/SpawnX/data.txt", if the delay does not equal 0 players will be teleported to spawn with the specified delay.
    * Disable the spawn command in "plugins/SpawnX/data.txt", write true or false behind "enabled=" to determine, whether all users should be able to use /spawn or only Operators.

Version 0.1

* Initial release.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
  2. Offline

Zelnehlun

Maybe permissions support today? Who knows ;)

3. Offline

Kubko

i already have a plugin with /spawn. if i would instal this the /spawn wouldn't work right?

4. Offline

cliff777

I want to make sure only I, the admin, can use /setspawn. What do I put in my permissions config? Would it be SpawnX.setspawn ?

Edit: When permissions support comes out ;)

5. Offline

Zelnehlun

When I've done permissions support it would be, like you said, "SpawnX.setspawn" "SpawnX.spawn".

6. Offline

cliff777

cool because I tried putting those commands into permissions and it didn't work. But they are the exact commands i put it =D

7. Offline

Zelnehlun

Permissions support is not done yet, drivers license test tomorrow then I've got finally time for coding again.

8. Offline

wears_Fedora

Will the plugin still support ops.txt instead of permissions? I hate installing more than I need to and that's why I like your plugins...

9. Offline

cliff777

good luck =)

10. Offline

Willo

cool plugin very handy but there is no spawnx.jar for me there is only this meta-inf,de and plugn.yml files when i extract!can you help me out?

11. Offline

Zelnehlun

Yes I can, I think you may have tried to extract the stuff out of the SpawnX.jar just open the .zip folder and take the .jar out of it. And yes after Permissions support it will still support ops.txt (I hope).

Added Permissions support:
    SpawnX.sethome
    SpawnX.home

SpawnX.* (for both commands)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  12. Offline

wears_Fedora

Okay, I just updated from 0.1 and my data.txt contains only the coordinates. Does the plugin not update the file and if so, can I manually enter the config data? Is there an example somewhere?

13. Herro, one of my players noticed a slight issue, (I don't know if its just me or others are getting it) although there are no problems with spawning at all, the compass still points to the original world spawn.

14. Offline

Zelnehlun

I do not think that the compass can be modified by a plugin beacause it is build into Minecraft. wears_Fedora I can help you tomorrow updating the data.txt.

15. Offline

wears_Fedora

I'm just going to copy my coordinates and delete the file, restart and copy my coordinates back over.

I just thought you should be aware. I know it's a PITA, but dummy-proofing updates is something worth coding in. :)

16. Offline

Zelnehlun

Thanks for your tip, I know that I have to make the plugins easy to use, but as you mentioned it takes a lot of time.

17. Offline

wears_Fedora

If I knew java, I'd help you. I'm just a lowly Python hack. :)

Besides, it's fine for an initial release. You had no way of future proofing it from the beginning.

18. Offline

minecraftworlds

Thank you. spawnr stopped working for some reason so I went off to find an alternative and I have to say, this is a lot better.

19. Offline

JJoiler

for me the set spawn works but when i use spawn it says i dont permission to use this command...i am using permissions

20. Offline

Zelnehlun

Just add the line - 'SpawnX.spawn' to the users group in the Permissions .yml file. If you need further help just ask ;)

21. Offline

wears_Fedora

Okay, I got it set up and successfully transferred my old spawn point. When using ops.txt and enabled=false OPs cannot use /spawn

Is there a way to make it selectable for ops and non-ops when not using permissions? If so, can ops send someone else to spawn?

22. Offline

Zelnehlun

Okay I will work on that and the admin /spawn command.

Ops can now teleport others to spawn using /spawn [playername] and ops can teleport to Spawn even if the spawn command is disabled. I did not change the version number, to little changes.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  23. Offline

eight-zero-one

When are you updating this to work with the new bukkit?

24. Offline

EniGmA1987

^^^^^Already updated

Thanks Zelnehlun

I am going to test this soon, but did you add true multiworld support yet? Like where you set the spawn point in the normal world and you have a different spawn location in the nether? Having to find a spawn point in both worlds that both coordinates are safe and in a decent location is a real pain :/

25. Offline

Zelnehlun

Yes, it should be possible to set your spawnpoint for mutliple worlds without dying or spawning in midair.

26. Offline

Eddie Diller

Has SpawnX been updated to work with 1.4 yet?

27. Offline

wears_Fedora

Yep. Works great on 617

28. Offline

niallmcfc

Hey, is the delay in seconds, minutes, Minecraft seconds, what? Because I don't want to set the delay to 60, only to find out that's 60 minutes not seconds.

29. Offline

Zelnehlun

The delay is in seconds, minutes would be a bit annoying for players ;)

30. Offline

nothigh

Thanks for the great plugin! Just fyi, you have a typo:

15:37:35 [INFO] SpawnX direcotry created.

31. Offline

niallmcfc

Good, glad that's sorted.