Inactive [GEN] SpawnControl v0.8.3 - Per-Player/Group Spawns (Now on DevBukkit) [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Timberjaw, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Offline

Timberjaw

SpawnControl v0.8.3

Announcement:
    SpawnControl is being superseded by HomeSpawnPlus, a more advanced plugin that supports all of SC's features, and many more. Your homes and spawns can be imported directly from SpawnControl into HomeSpawnPlus.
    Feel free to contact me with questions/concerns/complaints.

Tested with CraftBukkit 1060.

DevBukkit Page: SpawnControl
    Bug Reports: SpawnControl Issue Tracker

Features:
    • Per-player /home and /sethome
    • Per-group /groupspawn
    • Precise /spawn and /setspawn override
    • Per-world global, group, and player spawns
    • [NEW] Cooldowns for /home, /sethome, /groupspawn, and /spawn
    • Optional respawn on death
    • Optional respawn on join
    • Toggles for home, groupspawn, and globalspawn features
    • Imports player homes from spawncontrol-players.properties
    • Imports group spawns from spawncontrol-groups.properties
    Details:

This is a more full-featured release by far. Group spawns and global spawn are now supported. I'm detecting 'new' players (for global spawn) by checking their group (new players will be in Default) and looking for an existing home entry. If no home entry is found, the player will be teleported to the global spawn and their home will be set to the global spawn location. If someone has a better method for detecting this, I'd love to hear it.

The following permissions are available:
    • SpawnControl.sethome.basic
    • SpawnControl.sethome.proxy
    • SpawnControl.home.basic
    • SpawnControl.spawn.use
    • SpawnControl.spawn.set
    • SpawnControl.groupspawn.use
    • SpawnControl.groupspawn.set
    • SpawnControl.CooldownExempt.* (Sub-nodes: *, home, sethome, groupspawn, spawn)
    • SpawnControl.config (for /sc_config [setting] [value])
    • SpawnControl.import (for /scimportconfig and /scimportgroupconfig)
    Dependencies:
    Installation:
    1. Download SpawnControl.jar and place it in your bukkit plugins folder
    Optional Installation Steps (for Permissions support):
    1. Download the Permissions plugin and install it
    2. Add SpawnControl entries to your Permissions config as desired
    Commands:
    • /spawn - go to global spawn
    • /setspawn - set the global spawn to your current location
    • /home - go home
    • /sethome - set your home to your current location
    • /groupspawn - go to your group spawn
    • /setgroupspawn [group] - set the group spawn for the specified group to your current location
    • /sc_config [setting] [value] - alter a configuration setting
    Settings:
    • enable_home - Enables or disables /home and /sethome (0 = disabled; 1 = enabled) [Default: 1]
    • enable_groupspawn - Enables or disables /setgroupspawn and /groupspawn (0 = disabled; 1= enabled) [Default: 1]
    • enable_globalspawn - Enables or disables /setspawn, /spawn, and /globalspawn (0 = disabled; 1 = enabled) [Default: 1]
    • behavior_death - Specifies the behavior when a player dies (0 = disabled - user returns to vanilla spawn; 1 = home; 2 = group spawn; 3 = global spawn) [Default: 3]
    • behavior_join - Specifies the behavior when a player joins the server (0 = disabled - user spawns at last position; 1 = home; 2 = group spawn; 3 = global spawn) [Default: 0]
    • behavior_spawn - Specifies the behavior of the /spawn command (0 = global spawn; 1 = group spawn; 2 = home)
    • behavior_globalspawn - EXPERIMENTAL - Specifies the behavior when setting spawn (0 = does not override map spawn, 1 = overrides map spawn)
    • cooldown_home [seconds] - Sets a cooldown in seconds for the /home command
    • cooldown_sethome [seconds] - Sets a cooldown in seconds for the /sethome command
    • cooldown_groupspawn [seconds] - Sets a cooldown in seconds for the /groupspawn command
    • cooldown_spawn [seconds] - Sets a cooldown in seconds for the /spawn and /globalspawn commands
    Downloads:

Known Issues:

• None?
    Changelog:

• 0.1 - First Bukkit release. Basic /home and /sethome support
    • 0.2 - Group and global spawns, Permissions integration
    • 0.3 - Working respawn on death; respawn on join (optional); configuration options
    • 0.4 - Updated to use new OnCommand system
    • 0.5 - Now uses PLAYER_RESPAWN; added basic multiworld support; added experimental (optional) globalspawn behavior; added missing /globalspawn command
    • 0.6 - Proper multi-world support with per-world spawns
    • 0.7 - Added command cooldowns; Permissions is now optional
    • 0.8 - Fixed multiworld spawns; recompiled against CB #617; removed deprecated method calls
    • 0.8.1 - Updated deprecated world loading method; tweaked spawn log message
    • 0.8.2 - Switched cooldown time handling from server time to system time
    • 0.8.3 - Added Hidendra's pull to support Bukkit's native permissions
    • Full changelog

Michonne, Huddl, BadgerLove and 5 others like this.
  2. Offline

Timberjaw

Edit: Ah, you got it. Great! :)
    --- merged: Jan 30, 2011 12:24 AM ---
    Zip download link has been corrected as well since this modification seems to be working better for most people.

3. Offline

SeeD419

Well, yes.

4. Offline

goldman60

I restarted the server because of windows update, and suddenly when I start the minecraft server the spawncontrol plugin is working... I literally did nothing

5. Offline

brocklee

Works great now! DB Errors are fixed, awesome work!

Thanks a lot ;)

6. Offline

Euthyphro

using craftbukkit 162 I get this error quite frequently:
    [​IMG]

7. Offline

Timberjaw

That's an error in the Permissions plugin, not SpawnControl itself. You may have a Permissions misconfiguration.

8. Offline

Euthyphro

hmm no misconfiguration in my permissions file, however I have posted this bug in the Permissions thread as well.

9. Offline

inviktus

Does this mean that players who are entirely new to the server will not be precisely placed at the point I setspawn?
    Coz that's kinda the whole point.

10. Offline

Timberjaw

They should be. They were in my tests.
    --- merged: Jan 30, 2011 10:09 AM ---
    Does /spawn take you to the precise spawn point as expected? What other plugins are you running?

11. Offline

imoro

It works! Great Work!!

12. Offline

SeeD419

Yeah, it takes me to exactly where it should have. Only the noob didn't spawn there...

Plugins:

Elevators, Achievements, Stats, BackupPlugin, WorldGuard, WorldEdit, Spawnmob, Permissions, Jail, Essentials, Voxlsniper, Movecraft, Skills, GroupUsers, Interest, Flashlight, LWC, iStick, Magiccarpet, Minecartmaniacore, Myhome, Mywarp, Treehugger, vanish, Trivia, Bigbrother, Spawncontrol.

13. Offline

ledhead900

I see your using Essentials, We ran into this issue out sleves, Turns out SpawnControl Spawn is seperate from the Essentials spawn and you MUST set BOTH. They both use /setspawn so u will see double messeges when you do this.

After you have done this simply open Essentials config and add the commands Setspawn and Spawn to the disabled list. You will no longer be spawning with Essentials then. But this fixes the issue of when you DIE you dont end up at at your SpawnControl Spawn area.

Since you kinda had two spawn points before you do the above as Spawncontrol operates indipendently of bukkits/Essentials default spawning system.

One issue with this tho is that you since bukkit currently has an issue with its Spawn protection you wont be able to build near your spawn zone for over some 500 blocks worth of travel distance.

SpawnControl Spawn does not suffer this issue. You will know what spawn you are going to easily as when you die its not exact spawn as it sends you to bukkit/essentials default one, but when you type /spawn or /groupspawn you go to the SpawnControl EXACT spawn location :D.

Hope this clears up some confusion with plugins that Share spawn commands ect.

14. Offline

Timberjaw

Thanks for the info.

Just as a heads up, the ENTITY_DEATH event was recently added, so SpawnControl will have spawn-on-death support soon (so this info will change slightly).

15. Offline

ledhead900

Excellent news, Yea I ran into that spawn conflict when users ended up being taken to some random location upon death it turned out be the default spawn that essentials uses. I was told by the Creator of essentials that the Spawn protection issue is infact a craftbukkit issue and not the plugin it self.

begs the question of when do we see a fix lol, Anway once you got respawn on death setup I will just move the other spawn some place FAR FAR away.

16. Offline

Jonathan Bloom

Does this overwrite MyHome's home functionality? I only wish to use SpawnControl for the spawn settings.

17. Offline

Timberjaw

I don't use MyHome so I can't really say what will happen if you have both plugins installed. I assume it will cause problems. SpawnControl's /home and /sethome commands are not currently configurable, but will be in the next version.

18. are you workin on making it so when you die you make exact spawn???

19. Offline

Timberjaw

Yes.

20. Offline

oki123

That would make this plugin complete! [​IMG] Thanks, Timberjaw!

21. Offline

KTMRipper

Have you finished it so it spawns you at death yet?

22. Offline

Timberjaw

No.

23. Offline

KTMRipper

Alright please tell me when you do. Thanks

24. Offline

dugen

I'm guessing I know why.

I was looking through the CraftBukkit sources and it looks like there still aren't hooks to allow this functionality.

The key code seems to be in the constructor for EntityPlayer:

https://github.com/Bukkit/CraftBukk...n/java/net/minecraft/server/EntityPlayer.java

Code:
            super(world);
            int i = world.spawnX;
            int j = world.spawnZ;
            int k = world.spawnY;

if (!world.q.e) {
                i += this.random.nextInt(20) - 10;
                k = world.e(i, j);
                j += this.random.nextInt(20) - 10;
            }

It looks like it just pulls the world's x, y and z spawn location and then sets the players location to a random cube within a 20x20 square around spawn. There's no hook to either override the default spawn code or the randomly generated location or to even specify a different spawn point from the world default. I think for this addon to give person/group specific spawn locations, hooks would need to be inserted here in CraftBukkit in this player spawning code.

25. Offline

Timberjaw

Well, it would be nice if we could intercept the spawn location at this point, but that's not actually a big problem. SpawnControl currently 'overrides' the default spawn simply by teleporting the player after they join. It was the same way in hMod; the player joins, the server puts them at their last location or the default spawn (using the default inaccurate spawn method), and then the plugin teleports them to the correct exact spawn.

The feature people have been waiting for in SC is specifically related to respawn on death, so that's just been waiting for the ENTITY_DEATH event. ENTITY_DEATH is completed, but I don't think it's made it into the CraftBukkit builds quite yet.

26. Offline

berneckas

I have a problem with Permison file.I have setted myself admin. I configurate it and when i open a server i have a error called:
    [SpawnControl]: Warning Permision system not enabled. I tried lot of configurations in config.yml nothing helped.

27. Offline

Timberjaw

What CraftBukkit version? What Permissions version? What SpawnControl version?

28. Offline

berneckas

Everything is downloaded like few days ago. So it means all is newest.

29. Offline

kipz

Craftbukkit is updating several times a day, so not really.

30. Offline

Timberjaw

That really doesn't tell me much. As @kipz said, Craftbukkit updates constantly, as do many plugins.

In any case, it's very likely that your problem stems from a Permissions misconfiguration. You may want to try that thread as they'll be better able to help.

31. Offline

berneckas

It will be very cool if someone will give me config.yml correctly configurated.