[GEN] General 3.6.2 (Webern) -- A plugin for general commands, now on BukkitDev! [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Celtic Minstrel, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

General 3.6.2 [Webern]
    NOTE: If you are updating from 3.4.1 or earlier, you must copy the aliases section from the sample config file into your own config file. If you don't do this, many commands will not work.
    Download from the BukkitDev page (Older versions | Source)

General provides a small set of basic commands for your server. See more details on the BukkitDev page.

General is a fork of Nijikokun's plugin. It adds a few commands to the original set provided by General.

Without Nijikokun's original General plugin, this plugin would never have been possible. Or at least, I would not have made it. General Essentials (the source of the /kit command) was created by wjykk and has had some input from cjc343. The SpawnMob plugin, from which I adapted the code for the /mobspawn command, was created by xmlns and is now maintained by jordanneil23.

I recommend using sk89q's CommandHelper in conjunction with this plugin. Starting from 3.4.5, there is a command-helper.txt file included with the download which you can copy to CommandHelper's config.txt for some handy aliases, such as /spawn and /home.

Differences from cjc343's now-inactive fork
    • Does not detect that another plugin has registered the same command.
    • /playerlist and /who are two separate commands
    • Different items.db format
    • Does not support setting or viewing the raw time.

2. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Could I ask someone who is having issues with items.yml to please do the following?
    1. Download the latest General (3.3.2) to make sure that you're not reporting something that's fixed.
    2. Shut down your server and rename server.log to server-temp.log. (Or you can delete it if you prefer.)
    3. Move all plugins other than General and Permissions to another folder. Make sure your items.yml is not marked read-only and does have write permissions.
    4. Start up the server. Shut it down as soon as you see the "Done" message. Verify that the items.yml did indeed get overwritten.
    5. Post the entire contents of server.log (the new one that the server created, not the one you renamed). If items.yml didn't get overwritten, post a list of the plugins you moved over.
    6. Move the plugins back, etc etc.

Without a log from someone, I don't think I can fix it since it does not occur for me.

3. Does 3.22 work with 677?

4. Offline

Adam McFarland

Any chance we could get an update to 1.5 for the new items? I tried to edit the items.db myself and add them with no luck.

5. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

I would expect editing the items.yml to add them would be sufficient for the most part, but I'll need to add a bit of code support for the saplings. Expect an update tomorrow (by which I mean Friday).

6. Offline

rmb938

Error when you try and use /heal.

Code:
    09:52:33 [SEVERE] [General-3.3.1] Full command string: [heal]
    09:52:33 [SEVERE] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.craftstars.general.comma
    nd.misc.healCommand
    09:52:33 [SEVERE]       at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    09:52:33 [SEVERE]       at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Me
    thod)
    09:52:33 [SEVERE]       at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    09:52:33 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(Pl
    uginClassLoader.java:36)
    09:52:33 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(Pl
    uginClassLoader.java:24)
    09:52:33 [SEVERE]       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    09:52:33 [SEVERE]       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    09:52:33 [SEVERE]       at net.craftstars.general.General.onCommand(General.java
    :235)
    09:52:33 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginComman
    d.java:35)
    09:52:33 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCo
    mmandMap.java:80)
    09:52:33 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(Cr
    aftServer.java:255)
    09:52:33 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(N
    etServerHandler.java:650)
    09:52:33 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerH
    andler.java:613)
    09:52:33 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHand
    ler.java:607)
    09:52:33 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:36)
    09:52:33 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.
    java:195)
    09:52:33 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHand
    ler.java:73)
    09:52:33 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile
    :100)
    09:52:33 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServe
    r.java:370)
    09:52:33 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:285)
    09:52:33 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:394)
    >

7. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Yes, that was a known issue in 3.3.1. It has since been fixed.

Version 3.3.3
    • Support for saplings; also the items.yml now includes names for the new rails and no longer defines web as an alias for string.
    • Added /weather command.

Jan Tojnar likes this.
  8. 21:33:41 [WARNING] [General-3.3.3] The names section of items.yml is missing or
    invalid.
    21:33:41 [WARNING] [General-3.3.3] No aliases were defined in items.yml.
    21:33:41 [SEVERE] null loading General v3.3.3 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.craftstars.general.items.Items.loadHooks(Items.java:137)
    at net.craftstars.general.items.Items.setup(Items.java:132)
    at net.craftstars.general.General.onEnable(General.java:117)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:127)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:584)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:218)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:116)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:94)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:217)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:204)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:144)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:259)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)

i get this error when i start up my server :/ help please

9. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Shut down the server. Copy the items.yml included in the zip into your plugins/General folder; make sure you copy, not move. Start up the server. If this produces any errors, paste them here. Then shut down the server again, and post any errors if they occur. Then, check to see if the items.yml in the plugins/General folder has anything in it.

If you do all that, and there's a bug, I should be able to fix it. Hopefully.

10. Offline

Cookies326

There's a problem, without WorldEdit, the General plugin will only work for the Ops. Despite having Permission or GroupManager.

11. Offline

greekguy

Worst f$$$$%@ plugin ever. nothing seems to work like it should, only one I could get to work was /weather zap, everything else keeps saying bullshit, i cant even give myself stuff.. worst addon ever. *uninstalls*

12. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

@Cookies326 - Did you change "system: WorldEdit" to "system: Permissions" in your General config?

@greekguy - Well, thanks for the very helpful comment which might help me fix something. :rolleyes: Never mind that your problem is most likely a misconfiguration and thus your own fault.

13. Hey Celtic, For some reason everyone can use /weather on my server, even if I add general.weather to the OP or ADMIN list in the Permissions' config file.

I use General, Permissions and iConomy.

Edit:

I also tried - '-general.weather' but it still didn't block it from the regular players to use it.

14. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Hm, you're right; apparently I forgot to make permissions nodes for /weather. If it's too much of a problem, you can edit your plugin.yml (inside the jar) to disable the command altogether until I update.

15. Thanks for the quick reply!

Instead of removing the command, I changed it so I can still use it if needed.

16. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Changed the alias to something the users won't know? That works too. :D

(Just note that changing the main command name will cause it to break.)

17. Offline

DJ_Idol

Hm, the command /general help (topic) [I.E. /general help trader] isn't working for me. I've created both a donator.help and trader.help files and when I type /general help donator or /general help trader they both just display the regular /general help file.

18. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Hm... the only thing I can think of is maybe it's case-sensitive? I'll look into that though.

19. Is there a way to stop thunderstorms, but keep the rain? Because sometimes it's just rain and sometimes it just spams thunder every second. And since (idk if it's a bug) the rain doesn't stop all the fire, it keeps spreading until everything is gone.

20. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

If rain is not putting out fire, that's a bug, and it probably means you're not on the recommended build (733). I was going to add /weather thunder, but when I tested it, it seemed to not work, so I left it out for this release. I expect it'll be in the next release.

21. Offline

Starayo

Hi, I'm on 733 with 3.3.3. My /give command, among others, isn't working and I'm trying to figure out why.

Code:
    2011-04-28 16:47:30 [SEVERE] [General-3.3.3] There was a big problem executing command [inven.give]! Please report this error!
    2011-04-28 16:47:30 [SEVERE] [General-3.3.3] Full command string: [give]
    2011-04-28 16:47:30 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-04-28 16:47:30 [SEVERE] at net.craftstars.general.util.Toolbox.lacksPermission(Toolbox.java:130)
    2011-04-28 16:47:30 [SEVERE] at net.craftstars.general.command.inven.giveCommand.fromPlayer(giveCommand.java:26)
    2011-04-28 16:47:30 [SEVERE] at net.craftstars.general.command.CommandBase.runCommand(CommandBase.java:17)
    2011-04-28 16:47:30 [SEVERE] at net.craftstars.general.General.onCommand(General.java:239)
    2011-04-28 16:47:30 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    2011-04-28 16:47:30 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85)
    2011-04-28 16:47:30 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:255)
    2011-04-28 16:47:30 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:675)
    2011-04-28 16:47:30 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:638)
    2011-04-28 16:47:30 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:632)
    2011-04-28 16:47:30 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
    2011-04-28 16:47:30 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:195)
    2011-04-28 16:47:30 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74)
    2011-04-28 16:47:30 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    2011-04-28 16:47:30 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370)
    2011-04-28 16:47:30 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
    2011-04-28 16:47:30 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)

/playerlist gives:
    Code:
    2011-04-28 16:53:35 [SEVERE] [General-3.3.3] There was a big problem executing command [info.playerlist]! Please report this error!
    2011-04-28 16:53:35 [SEVERE] [General-3.3.3] Full command string: [playerlist]
    2011-04-28 16:53:35 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-04-28 16:53:35 [SEVERE] at net.craftstars.general.util.Toolbox.lacksPermission(Toolbox.java:130)
    2011-04-28 16:53:35 [SEVERE] at net.craftstars.general.command.info.playerlistCommand.fromPlayer(playerlistCommand.java:21)
    2011-04-28 16:53:35 [SEVERE] at net.craftstars.general.command.CommandBase.runCommand(CommandBase.java:17)
    2011-04-28 16:53:35 [SEVERE] at net.craftstars.general.General.onCommand(General.java:239)
    2011-04-28 16:53:35 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    2011-04-28 16:53:35 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85)
    2011-04-28 16:53:35 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:255)
    2011-04-28 16:53:35 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:675)
    2011-04-28 16:53:35 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:638)
    2011-04-28 16:53:35 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:632)
    2011-04-28 16:53:35 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
    2011-04-28 16:53:35 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:195)
    2011-04-28 16:53:35 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:74)
    2011-04-28 16:53:35 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:100)
    2011-04-28 16:53:35 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:370)
    2011-04-28 16:53:35 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
    2011-04-28 16:53:35 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)

There's probably something really stupid I've overlooked.

I'm running bukkit 733 with McMyAdmin and permissions.

Other plugins I'm using are:
    SpawnMob, MonsterHunt, iChat, MyWarp, MyHome, BigBrother, AssignPermissions, Minecart Mania, WorldEdit, & WorldGuard.

I've tested it with fresh configs that it generated itself but doesn't seem to make a difference.

22. Offline

Snowy007

some item names got missing... I used to be able to use /give diamondshovel or /give redstonetorch but they suddenly stopped working? (i may have removed the configs and have let them regenerate, i can't remember) now i have to use /give diamondspade and for redstonetorch i'm not sure what to use.... using just the item ID for now. there are more names not working but can't remember them all.
    I think i will just have to add them to the config file then?

23. Offline

cjc343

Replace your items.yml file with a new copy -- that should fix it.

24. Yes I am running on the recommended build (733), but it is just that the fire is possible to spread if the blocks burn from underneath (so for example if a wooden block is burning from underneath itself, thus the rain not able to stop it since rain doesn't go through blocks).

25. Offline

lamnea

Im having troubles no one can use (except me im admin) the spawn command or time or list commands in game (or playerlist) it says no permission even with ops that arnt admin! however the mods that ive assigned tiem set and such can? all commands assigned to my deafault group cant be used?

my permissions confg:-

guys check outplugin:
    permissions:
    system: default
    copies: null
    groups:
    Member:
    default: true
    info:
    prefix: '&b'
    suffix: ''
    build: true
    inheritance: null
    permissions:
    - general.time
    - general.playerlist
    - general.spawn
    - general.getpos
    - general.tell
    - general.away
    - general.take
    - general.who
    - lwc.protect
    - iConomy.payment
    - iConomy.access
    - iConomy.rank
    - iConomy.list
    - iConomy.withdraw
    - iConomy.deposit
    - iConomyChestShop.shop.buy
    - iConomyChestShop.shop.sell
    - iConomyChestShop.shop.create
    - preciousstones.benefit.*
    - preciousstones.whitelist.*
    Citizen:
    default: false
    info:
    prefix: '&9'
    inheritance: Member
    permissions:
    - general.clear
    - mcbans.vote
    - mcbans.votekick
    - mcbans.votemsg
    Citizen+:
    info:
    prefix: '&1'
    inheritance: Member
    permissions:
    - general.clear
    Vip:
    info:
    prefix: '&d'
    inheritance: Citizen
    permissions:
    - general.kit
    Donator:
    info:
    prefix: '&e'
    inheritance: Vip
    permissions:
    - foo.bar
    Mods:
    info:
    prefix: '&a Mod_'
    inheritance: Vip
    permissions:
    - general.time.set
    - general.teleport
    - general.teleport.other
    - general.teleport.coords
    - general.teleport.other.mass
    - general.give
    - general.spawn.other
    - general.getpos.other
    - general.clear.other
    - general.mobspawn
    - general.kit-now
    - preciousstones.bypass.*
    - preciousstones.alert.*
    - mcbans.lookup
    - mcbans.kick
    - mcbans.unban
    - mcbans.tempban
    Admin:
    info:
    prefix: '&c Admin_'
    inheritance: Mods
    permissions:
    - '*'
    users:
    Shammy31:
    group: Admin
    permissions: null
    lamnea:

FIXED!

Fixed inheritance was wrong!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  26. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

I'm sorry, I don't think I can help you with that at the moment. :( The only thing I would suggest is to try and see if you get the error a) with only General installed and b) with only General and Permissions installed. If the problem still occurs after you update to 3.4 (which isn't released yet), then please post the error as soon as possible so I can investigate.

Ah, burning from beneath... not much that can be done about that I think. Hopefully thunder control will be in 3.4 though... I don't know if it'll be sufficient for your needs, however. You could look into installing a plugin dedicated to weather, such as Mother Nature.

27. Offline

Snowy007

I redownloaded the General 3.3.3 and replaced my items.yml with the one from the download.
    Problem still wasn't fixed.

I redownloaded an older version. (3.2.3) and put the items.db file back. (i think i must have had deleted that file too)
    Now it is working again as it used to.

28. Offline

tension69

Is this working ok with build 739 + MC1.5_01?? I really rely on this plugin and can't be arsed to update my server folder AGAIN if it doesn't. (ffs do some work and get MC out of Beta Notch you damned inept slacker:mad:)

Cheers.

29. Offline

DaddyCool64

Problem after updating from build 733 to build 740:
    Code:
    2011-04-29 16:10:08 [WARNING] [General-3.3.3] The names section of items.yml is missing or invalid.
    2011-04-29 16:10:08 [WARNING] [General-3.3.3] No aliases were defined in items.yml.
    2011-04-29 16:10:08 [SEVERE] null loading General v3.3.3 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.craftstars.general.items.Items.loadHooks(Items.java:137)
    at net.craftstars.general.items.Items.setup(Items.java:132)
    at net.craftstars.general.General.onEnable(General.java:117)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:127)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:632)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:218)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:116)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:94)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:287)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap$ReloadCommand.execute(SimpleCommandMap.java:201)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:85)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:247)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:394)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:379)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:394)
    The items.yml was replaced with the following content:
    Code:
    {}
    Sorry for my bad english

30. Offline

MrKrucible

Hey i got a problem here. For some reason /spawn isn't working BUT i have the permission node in the classes. Is there something i am doing wrong or type differently? Here is my file:
    Code:
    plugin:
        permissions:
            system: default
    groups:
        Guest:
            info:
                prefix: '&2'
                suffix: null
            inheritance: Visitor
            permissions:
            - general.spawn
            - lwc.protect
            - fabulous.fab
        Visitor:
            default: true
            info:
                prefix: '&5'
                build: false
            inheritance: null
            permissions:
            - general.spawn
        Land Lord M:
            info:
            inheritance:
        Land Lord A:
            info:
                prefix: '&4'
            inheritance:
            - Admin
        Moderator:
            info:
            inheritance:
            - Friend
            permissions:
            - general.*
            - mywarp.*
            - kiwiadmin.kick
            - myhome.*
            - tombstone.*
            - lwc.mod
            - fabulouse.fab
            - guestprev.is.admin
        Admin:
            info:
                prefix: '&4'
            inheritance:
            permissions:
            - general.*
            - mywarp.*
            - kiwiadmin.*
            - myhome.*
            - citizens.*
            - tombstone.*
            - lwc.admin
            - creaturebox.set
            - creatureboc.give
            - creaturebox.creature.*
            - creativebox.placespawner
        Friend:
            info:
                prefix: '&3'
            inheritance:
            permissions:
            - tombstone.*
            - general.*
            - mywarp.*
            - myhome.home.basic.*
            - myhome.home.soc.*
            - lwc.protect
        Owner:
            info:
                prefix: '&6'
                suffix: '&6'
            inheritance:
            - admin
            permission:
            - '*'
        Honored Admin:
            info:
                prefix: '&6'
                suffix: '&6'
            inheritance:
            - admin
            permission:
            - '*'
    users:
        mrkrucible:
            group: Owner
        slimdevin:
            group: Honored Admin
            permissions:
            - '*'
        mikeym:
            group: Honored Admin
        death_cycle:
            group: land lord a
        wafflezzman:
            group: moderator
        xdreadreaper:
            group: moderator
        gman1234rose:
        matrecon123:
            group: land lord a
        b24jhon:
            group: friend
        00snipa:
            group: friend
        harry_staines:
            group: guest
        duckbomb435:
        buzzkill37:
        kerutheminer:
        maskedtrash:
        gemogee:
        jakester03:
        pwnsilentninja:

31. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

3.3.3 still uses the items.db if it exists.

Argh, not this again. I have no idea why this is happening, and no-one yet has been able to help me figure it out. Could you perhaps stop your server, replace your items.yml with the one included in the zip, start your server, stop it again, and see if there are any errors when it stops? Shutdown is the most likely place for the error to occur, since that's when the plugin writes to items.yml.

As far as I can see your file is fine. Did you tell General to use Permissions? Did you get an error in the console?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016