Inactive [GEN] Essentials v2.1 [?]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zenexer, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zenexer

2. Offline

MiKegamer

hi.
    i use the whose essentials plugin, and i have a question to essentials group manager.
    i can set a prefix to a name. that's good. but can i give different colours to groups?
    (for example like hey0: admins are red, mods are blue)
    with the group manager everything is white. can i change it? or do i need a different plugin for that?

3. Offline

_Oni_

You need a chat plugin for that and you have to set color in prefix (&c or &3 for example)

4. Offline

MiKegamer

sry for that question: what kind of chat plugin?

*edit*
    now i downloaded "iChat 2.10"
    the Description says: "Colors are supported in all parts of the formatting and chat text"
    my english is not sooo good, but that means that it's possible to change the name's color. or not?
    i could only find options for chat censoring. :-(

5. Offline

Lemmy

Hi, /setjail and /tjail don't work, other commands work fine.... Anybody else noticed this?

6. Offline

xibit1987

OKay so tested the new version and it works perfect in combination with all the other plugins i have on my server :) but some thing i would like to see get fixed is the kit part. if you set quantity to -1 you either get only 1 or 2 of whatever you put in that kit. on my server ID 331 with -1 in quantity it only gives me 2 of it, not unlimited.

But after i have set default quantity to -1, whatever i spawn it gives me unlimited :)

So it's just the kit part I would really like to get fixed.

7. Offline

Brettflan

It should be in the next release build, or the current dev build. Once you're using either of those, you can add the appropriate permission to allow a certain group to bypass the timers and/or cooldowns. As per my commit notes:
    Added permissions to allow bypassing teleport cooldown (essentials.teleport.cooldown.bypass), teleport delay (essentials.teleport.timer.bypass), and heal cooldown (essentials.heal.cooldown.bypass).

8. Offline

Gbhsl

Links don't work? inc the mirror......

9. Offline

Ingmar

I'm confused about /world

On the wiki it says warp to any world on the server, but in game I can only warp 0 or 1.

10. Offline

TOAST7312

So I encountered this error on my server when trying to enter the /home command. Running CraftBukkit 493*(I think that was the reccomended. I know I'm running the current reccomended as of march 9th).

Was there an update? It's hard to tell with this OP.

Code:
    14:14:22 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.earth2me.essentials.User.get(
    Lorg/bukkit/entity/Player;Lorg/bukkit/Server;)Lcom/earth2me/essentials/User;
    14:14:22 [SEVERE]       at com.earth2me.essentials.home.EssentialsHomeWorker.onC
    ommand(EssentialsHomeWorker.java:22)
    14:14:22 [SEVERE]       at com.earth2me.essentials.home.EssentialsHome.onCommand
    (EssentialsHome.java:55)
    14:14:22 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginComman
    d.java:35)
    14:14:22 [SEVERE]       at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onCommand(Essentia
    ls.java:533)
    14:14:22 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginComman
    d.java:35)
    14:14:22 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCo
    mmandMap.java:80)
    14:14:22 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(Cr
    aftServer.java:183)
    14:14:22 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHand
    ler.java:619)
    14:14:22 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerH
    andler.java:582)
    14:14:22 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHand
    ler.java:576)
    14:14:22 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
    14:14:22 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)

14:14:22 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHand
    ler.java:75)
    14:14:22 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile
    :100)
    14:14:22 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServe
    r.java:357)
    14:14:22 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:272)
    14:14:22 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:366)
    >

11. Offline

smiffy95

hey guys, when i use essential all my other commands work but when i try the /spawn or /setspawn commands i get an error on CMD, this is it please take a look and help me fix it
    19:37:39 [INFO] º9[PLAYER_COMMAND] Stitchaa: /spawn
    19:37:39 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.earth2me.essentials.User.get(
    Ljava/lang/Object;)Lcom/earth2me/essentials/User;
    19:37:39 [SEVERE] at com.earth2me.essentials.spawn.EssentialsSpawnWorker.o
    nCommand(EssentialsSpawnWorker.java:19)
    19:37:39 [SEVERE] at com.earth2me.essentials.spawn.EssentialsSpawn.onComma
    nd(EssentialsSpawn.java:46)
    19:37:39 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginComman
    d.java:31)
    19:37:39 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCo
    mmandMap.java:80)
    19:37:40 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(Cr
    aftServer.java:183)
    19:37:40 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.c(NetServerHand
    ler.java:619)
    19:37:40 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerH
    andler.java:582)
    19:37:40 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHand
    ler.java:576)
    19:37:40 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(SourceFile:24)
    19:37:40 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.a(SourceFile:230)
    19:37:40 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHand
    ler.java:75)
    19:37:40 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile
    :100)
    19:37:40 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServe
    r.java:357)
    19:37:40 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:272)
    19:37:40 [SEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:366)
    19:38:18 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server o
    verloaded?
    19:41:20 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server o
    verloaded?
    19:41:25 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server o
    verloaded?
    >

12. Offline

Brettflan

Probably this, from the top of the OP:

13. Offline

Thug319

I get this exact error. I have removed all previous versions of essentials and put the new one on, This happens after a server reboot anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour. These errors are annoying me, quite a lot.

14. Offline

godgodgodgo

I get this aswell with commands like tphere

15. Offline

Maulrus

I get these errors as well, though they only appear after I use the /reload command. I don't know why I'd need that command, and I've only ever used it when searching for the Permissions reload command, but it's still a bug.

16. Offline

PatrickFreed

try kiwiadmin, it works great

17. Offline

_Oni_

It's include in Essentials, now [​IMG]

18. Offline

Vaupell

Well aparently "Multiplay.co.uk" now added this as the only permission control plugin which fails,
    theres no documentation for setting up users or groups yml files.. they r just empty and
    thread is impossible to go through.

19. Offline

Zelldude2

hey zen. you wanna teamveiw me and install them, i tried but failed :/

20. Offline

Zenexer

@Vaupell Your complaint has been kindly ignored. You're on the wrong thread. GroupManager is a completely separate plugin. ;)

21. Offline

THEK

Same problem here. Command not working at all!

22. Offline

Zenexer

@Thug319 Your Essentials.jar is out-of-date.

To everyone else: Please post exact logs of your errors.

23. Offline

Vaupell

Then why is it included in "Essentials download pack?"

24. Offline

THEK

My Server log appears exactly as smiffy95's.

25. Offline

maztec

Essentials appears to have reduced the number of packages that it was named as. In order to fix the errors I was getting, which others people appear to be getting, I had to delete all Essentials*.jar packages and then place back in my plugin directory the Essentials*.jar packages that I wanted from the Essentials Suite.

Anotherwords: Delete the packages that are no longer supported folks.

26. Offline

JSmoove98

even though i have
    - 'general.time'
    - 'general.teleport'
    - 'general.teleport.here'
    - 'general.player-info'
    - 'general.spawn'
    in my permissions my friends cant do any of them is it cause i dont have the general plugin? and since i dont, should i replace them with essentials commands?

27. Offline

TOAST7312

Also, just got this error:

Code:
    17:52:41 [SEVERE] null loading Essentials v2.0.285 (Is it up to date?)

java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.earth2me.essentials.Backup.startTask(Backup.java:29)
            at com.earth2me.essentials.Backup.<init>(Backup.java:19)
            at com.earth2me.essentials.Essentials.onEnable(Essentials.java:124)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:118)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:451)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:217)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:83)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:61)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:205)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap$ReloadCommand.execute(SimpleComma
    ndMap.java:196)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:80
    )
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:1
    83)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:381)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:366)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:272)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)

28. Offline

Brettflan

From OP:

29. Offline

goldman60

When I teleport (/world nether) into the nether, once the chunk I am standing on loads (a platform made of cobblestone is under me) I instantaneously die

This recently started happening

30. Offline

TheNewGuy132

So I got the newest version and I updated everything, and I had groupmanager for my permissions, and I was wondering how I could get GroupManager to work again? Now instead of users, it says NOT_USED_ANYMORE_data.

31. Offline

JSmoove98

Essentials.spawn doesn't work for my friend on my server cause when I put it as a permission for him in game it's just says something like u don't have acess to that command but essential.tp works and putting him as an op just gives him all permissions even ones that only admins have

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.