[GEN] BukkitInventoryTools - Find it on BukkitDev.

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Gabriel333, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Offline

Gabriel333

olimoli123 likes this.
  2. Offline

sddddgjd

Digital lock??
    :O

3. Offline

Gabriel333

Well - you can look the inventory with digits :) I didnt know what else to call it.... You can also use letters. This is an alternative to ChestLock, where you use items to lock and unlock inventories.

4. Offline

sddddgjd

Yeah,i wasn' t talking about the name,seemed normal... still, :O
    Btw, in your current code,is there any way to check whether a player has created a particular chest? Or is the lock data binded to the chest only?

5. Offline

Gabriel333

Im not sure if you like the idea or not? :eek:

My code can only detect chest's which are locked with my "DigiLock". Every time a player creates a DigiLock i create an record in the BukkitInventoryTools database.

The lock can be opened by any player who has the code for the lock, but is only the owner who can change the code.

6. Offline

sddddgjd

Yes, i love the idea! :D

7. Offline

Gabriel333

The next period i will make alot of releases, when I implement my todo list....

8. Offline

enenra

I love how many plugins now get GUI interfaces. It's so much more user (noob) friendly. Looking good! :)

9. Offline

Gabriel333

Thanks :). It is only first release. I still have some bugs when I use the DigiLock on doublechests. :(

10. Offline

Junrall

You know... locking chests through a GUI is a great idea!

Though... I have a hard enough time trying to remember passwords in real life!
    Sorry, I'm not to trying and turn you away from your current path:p but...
    how about having something like this:

- Lock/Unlock button: One button that locks and unlocks chests, doors, furnaces, dispensers, and whatever else. No passwords... just locks.
    - Add/Remove button with textbox: You type a person's name into the text box then click the Add/Remove button. Theb click the button add or remove the player to a whitelist for that locked item.
    - List Users button: This button will display a list of people who have access to a locked item.

Maybe this could be an alternate plugin to this one?

Any whooos... still think this is a great idea!

11. Offline

Gabriel333

Thanks for the feedback.
    1) Lock/Unlock. I have thought of that. If there is no password, it would only be the owner/creator of the DigiLock which could access the Inventory - else it does not make sence to lock it. :). The way I have made it i can be a shared inventory between two player who have the access code.
    2) Set owners name. I have planed to do this. :) Because then I can make 1) In fact I have allready prepared the database for an Owner(creator) and a list of CoOwners. (and some other features I have though about)
    3) I agree. I want something smart to show the CoOwners.

All three ideas will be implementet, so the player him self decide how the lock should work. (with/withOut password and with without CoOwners.

If you dont want the DigiLock, you could choose ChestLock, there you lock the inventory with an Item in your hand. I just dont like to be forced to carry an item just as a key...

I'll put the ideas on my To Do list. :)

12. Offline

paully104

For whatever reason the GUI is not popping up for me when pressing L on a chest facing from any direction. I'll try and download my log now to see if i can get more useful information.

@Gabriel333 , make a addition to your original post to say that if you have the original sortinventory to delete it from your plugin list. It conflicts with this plugin and after removal everything works great. So my issue is resolved, checking for bugs now.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  13. Offline

Gabriel333

Ahh yes. I made a small change in SortInventory 1.4.1 where it tells the Server Admin that SortInventory is Outdated. I will make a test in BukkitInventoryTools to see if both plugins are installed and the send an error to the console.

14. Offline

Junrall

Awesome! This would give your plugin the feel of Lockette but with a GUI!!

I agree;)

EDIT: Oh... and are you planning on adding the ability to lock other things like doors, dispensers, and furnaces?

15. Offline

Gabriel333

Yes I will make that to: Check the To do list :D

I finally made the GUI to work and I have alot of ideas of what to do, but I don't have that much time :'(

16. Offline

Junrall

I understand;)
    I wish I knew Java... I'd offer to help. As it is I'm just a dabbler of VB:rolleyes:

I will bookmark you.. and keep a close eye on this plugin!

17. Offline

McEvan

I would like to say I love this plugin. Haven't updated to the new update quite yet though.

18. Offline

paully104

@Gabriel333 , people on my server love it, also they are all requesting the ability to lock doors. Thanks for the awesome plugin, keep it up!

19. Offline

The3vilm0nk3y

ok... so i've migrated to your new plugin... removed the old... set perms... but still getting a crash when sorting.
    I'm wondering.... how does your plugin handle infinite items and if mayby they could be causing the issue.
    Code:
    2011-09-11 22:40:23 [WARNING] Failed to handle packet: java.lang.NullPointerException
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at net.minecraft.server.ItemStack.a(ItemStack.java:199)
        at net.minecraft.server.InventoryPlayer.f(InventoryPlayer.java:120)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.v(EntityHuman.java:183)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.v(EntityPlayer.java:281)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.m_(EntityLiving.java:218)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityHuman.m_(EntityHuman.java:97)
        at net.minecraft.server.EntityPlayer.a(EntityPlayer.java:193)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:299)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:592)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:89)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:478)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:454)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    thank you for your patientce with me... and I love the locking system. Great addition. Can't wait till you update to lock doors and furnaces.

20. Offline

Gabriel333

I need more output from the console, I need the part where the error refers to my classes. I cant see where in my code it fails? So please send me a full dump :)

21. Offline

morizuki

where is the permissions node?

22. Offline

Gabriel333

Ohh, I see I forgot this yesterday, when I add the release. I have add'ed it now.

23. Offline

morizuki

thanks for that.. can you add a permissions that they some group can't use the DigiLock? or the Sort etc?

24. Offline

Gabriel333

Yes. Check the example. I works like all other plugins.

@EvilSeph

Why is my plugin not released yet??? Have I made something wrong?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  25. Offline

grinch843

Is there any way to stop a certain item from being stacked? I'd like to be able to keep buckets from stacking because if you don't un-stack them before use, you'll loose all of the ones in the stack except for one.

Grinch....

26. Offline

Gabriel333

Im sure if I understand what you think about. But you are able to configure which items will be stacked in the five groups:
    bukkitinventorytools.sortinventory.stack.tools
    bukkitinventorytools.sortinventory.stack.weapons
    bukkitinventorytools.sortinventory.stack.armor
    bukkitinventorytools.sortinventory.stack.food
    bukkitinventorytools.sortinventory.stack.vehicles

You do it in config.yml
    Sort: ¨
    Tools:256,257,258,269,270,271,273,274,275,277,278,279,284,285,286,290,291,292,293,294,346
    Weapons: 267,268,272,276,283,261
    Armors: 298,299,300,301,302,303,304,305,306,307,308,309,310,311,312,313,314,315,316,317
    Foods: 260,282,297,319,320,322,349,350,354,357
    Vehicles: 328,333,342,343

If you remove the bukkit from Tools, then it will not be stacked.

By the way. They will not be stacked in slot 0-8.

27. Offline

morizuki

what does Key_M do? i tried it but nothing happen?

28. Offline

Gabriel333

Dont use it :)

I have worked on a menu key, when the inventory is open, but it does not work yet.... Spout GUI cant do what i want yet. This is why i made the L key outside the inventory.

In fact i should de-activate it so it dont make troubles with other plugins, which uses Hotkey.

29. Offline

grinch843

That's what I figured, but the buckets "325,326,327,335" are not in the list but they still stack....

Grinch....

30. How can i disable this gui achievements that says what key to sort, because its irritating to watch it over and over again.