Inactive [FUN/TP/MECH]PortalStick v2.3.7 - Portal gun in minecraft [1.2]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by matejdro, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Offline

matejdro

PortalStick
    Authors: matejdro and oliverw92

Have you ever wanted to have portal gun in minecraft? Have you ever wanted to make your own portal test chambers and make your friends solve it? Now you can do this!

PortalStick is plugin that tries to emulate Portal Gun as close as possible in Minecraft without client mods.

Demonstration video of the plugin:

(map from the above video: CLICK)

Shorter demonstration video created by user of the plugin (sorry, can't remember name right now.):

See BukkitDev page for more information and download links: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/portalstick/
    (you can use your minecraft forum username and password on BukkitDev)

2. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Might come quicker if you lower your voice. :p We're all too busy covering our ears to answer.

3. Offline

TMAC_Kratos

Confirmed running on RB 1185
    no breaks

Tested on this server. Soon to be public un-whitelisted.
    [​IMG]

4. Offline

matejdro

@Zerkhan try using /reload after changing permissions or even better, reboot server.

@gameswereus I can't see reason why it would not work

@TMAC_Kratos thanks for the report.

5. I have problems when changing the configs because it changes itself to the standard again. I'm not able to configure the plugin at all.

6. Offline

iwasnumber4

I have one question, i have been wanting to make a plugin. Like a 1 item plugin. do you know any tutorials or things i can use to make one?

7. Offline

gameswereus

hahaha! Thanks, you really just made my day better!

8. Offline

Crrazyme

awesome

9. Fixed it.. there was a problem with no transparent blocks.

Though I get the PLAYER_MOVE error again and cannot create the grills anymore..

10. Offline

Colm

Can you put a option to disable regions, because i deleted the plugin because i think it would be better putting a portal anywhere. But great job anyway

11. Offline

matejdro

@Neubert Pascal use "/portal reload" command or restart the server to save config. /reload command will reset it.

@iwasnumber4 check plugin development section

@Colm just use global region

12. Offline

Colm

i checked but the Global Region does nothing, i know i'm probably being an idiot but the Global region does nothing for me because how do i activate it. I download it and i can place a portal anywhere so is there in the config use global region or something thanks.

13. Offline

Luegenbold

Hey colm, there is no such option, the global region is active with its settings, open the region.yml and check your settings.
    exspecially the all-blocks-allow-portals setting, setting this to true will enable you to place a portal anywhere in the world on any surface, if you just want a portalon a special block cause you want to create a mace set this to false, and use the portal-able-blocks, which should be 1(Stone)by default. i set this to 7 (bedrock), as you cannot create and most likely not find any suitable surface as normal player. if you use an instant break mod or creative mode you can only place blue portals from a certain distance. Hope this helps a bit, maybe you figured it all out by yourself.

And i have a question for the unique-inventory-items,
    can you put more then 1 items there. i didnt figure out how to do it, tried many ways and when i reload there is an exeption which deletes the whole region.yml.
    Thanks for any help

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  14. Offline

matejdro

Use /portal reload instead of /reload

15. Offline

Luegenbold

yah i used that, could you name an example on how to place more then 1 item there?
    tried to connect with another - : and other stuff
    unique-inventory-items:
    so i get 3 of 280, but i dont know what to do if i want more then 1 item type in an area.
    Btw are you working on the prob with disconnecting in an unique item area and having your old inventory back on relogging which is not going to be reset at the area border then?

16. Offline

matejdro

unique-inventory-items:
    - 50, 20

Will also give you 20 torches.

17. Offline

Luegenbold

hum i tried that but it didnt work, stopped the server, changed the region.yml as you supposed.
    started the server again, then portal plugin didnt work anymore. stopped the server and the region.yml was gone exept for {}

18. Offline

Luegenbold

IS there a possibility of adding recogonized directions.
    when i come out a portal on the ground i always face west.
    Also when i use red wool on the ground and create walls beside this to keep me on the red wool and i go east on the wool i got stuck in the wall

19. Offline

timmie897

Can you add an option to disable the glue and launcher (diamand block).
    Thanks in advance :)

20. Offline

Noogies

I think I've encountered a plugin conflict, but after 2 weeks of hunting, I can't seem to find the culprit.

When I create a Blue portal, a sign is also placed with "Playername was here Date, Time"

Does anyone know of a plugin that might be adding this sign?

Here is my list of plugins (there are quite a few)

AntiHack
    Appleseed
    CraftBookCommon
    CraftBookMechanisms
    CraftBookVehicles
    CraftBukkitUpToDate
    DispenserButton
    eMobLite
    Essentials
    EssentialsGeoIP
    EssentialsProtect
    EssentialsSpawn
    EternalWolf
    ExtendedDay
    FastSwitch
    HeroicDeath
    Honeypot
    InstaMode
    LavaFurnace
    Lockette
    LogBlockQuestioner
    Magic
    mcbans
    RemoteToolkitPlugin
    MobDisguise
    Mobrepellent
    MoveCraft
    Multiverse-Core
    Multiverse-Portals
    NoCheat
    OKSpamSecurity
    Pail
    Pearl of Peace
    PermissionsEx
    Pigasus
    PigSaddler
    PortalStick
    SeedCraft
    SignLink
    Spout
    Stargate
    SupplySign
    TextWrap
    TyeDyeSheep
    Tombstone
    VisualPermissions
    WaterMonster
    WorldEdit
    WorldGenerationControl
    WorldGuard
    ChatManager
    Modifyworld
    PailStone
    Permissions
    Stargate-DHD
    dynmap
    Jail
    LogBlock
    MultiWorld
    RangedWolves
    SpoutBackpack
    TrainCarts

21. This plugin could be awesome with Spout. You could add real portals texture like in the client mod.

22. Offline

matejdro

@Luegenbold If your config deletes, then you did not typed in something right. Proper direction has been done already 2 times and it still does not work properly. I hope third time it will work :)

@Noogies maybe some kind of logging plugin? Try disabling them one by one.

@Astaen yes, spout is planned :)

23. Offline

nathor75

it keeps saying "a portal cant be placed there" and i made sure to set a region and stand in it.

KollegahDerBoss likes this.
  24. Offline

s1t0n1c

This is so AWESOME! Thank you for This Awesome Plugin! I Build my own Aperture on my Server with this Plugin!

25. Offline

da_boom

there is a glitch where if u put one on the floor it screws up.... can u fix for 1131? as it is a good plugin but the glitch is anoyying

26. Offline

acidrainlte

Hi,

I've recently installed this plugin (I have no others installed) and I cannot get the Emancipation Grill working at all. I use mossy cobblestone and then I try to light it like I would do on a nether portal but the block just catches fire.

Any idea?

27. Offline

Satchel_Adair

I am having trouble figuring out how to make the emancipation grills. What should the grills yml file say in it?
    Could someone please load a tutorial video just for the grills? or describe all of the process by which they are made in and outside the game?
    Thanks a bunch.
    -Satch-

28. Offline

MeatBat

Can't make plugin work for RB1317, 1337 (Emancipation Grills broken, maybe something other...). 1185 works fine.

29. Offline

gameswereus

When he comes back and updates the plugin to the latest RB (if changes are needed) I am going to add this to my production server in a way that will show off how awesome this plugin is!

30. Offline

Shinubi

i love this plugin, but can you make lightning doesent shot when u put a orange portal?

31. Offline

drats666

the grills seem to not be working. using the latest bukkit(recommended not dev) and latest portal stick mod as of 10/24/2011. the blue and red gels works and the portals themselves work. but grills are not working. i checked regeions file and its set to
    Code:
    regions:
        global:
            prevent-creating-portal-through-closed-door: true
            red-gel-block: '35:14'
            enable-red-gel-blocks: false
            enable-transferring-redstone-current: true
            prevent-tnt-near-portals: true
            blue-gel-vertical-velocity-multiplier: 1.5
            velocity-multiplier: 1.0
            enable-aerial-faith-plates: false
            red-gel-velocity-multiplier: 1.5
            delete-portals-on-exitentrance: true
            enable-blue-gel-blocks: false
            blue-gel-vertical-bounce-velocity: 1.0
            fall-damage-boots: 313
            transparent-blocks:
            grill-inventory-clear-exceptions:
            - '283'
            grills-clear-inventory: true
            grills-clear-item-drops: true
            unique-inventory: false
            enable-emancipation-grill: true
            all-blocks-allow-portals: true
            enable-fall-damage-boots: true
            enable-sounds: true
            blue-gel-block: '22'
            blue-gel-horizontal-bounce-velocity: 1.0
            infinite-dispensers: true
            prevent-creating-portal-through-portal: false
            aerial-faith-plate-power: 6-2
            teleport-liquids: true
            unique-inventory-items:
            teleport-vehicles: true
            aerial-faith-plate-block: '25'
            emancipation-grill-material: '82'
            enable-portals: true
            portallable-blocks:
            obey-worldguard-permissions: false
            blue-gel-horizontal-velocity-multiplier: 1.5
    yes i know the grill item isn't the default, i changed it to see if it simply didn't like working with mossy cobblestone.

I made a portal the same size and shape of a nether portal. i then took my flint and steel, right clicked on the bottom walkway of the portal, it set fire but didn't turn to sugarcane ?.? i tried in all the worlds the server has(using multiverse). i checked the config file disabled-worlds: ''