Inactive [FUN] TieDyeSheep v0.1.1 - Determine what colors sheep are when they spawn [1597]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by kaba, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Offline

kaba

TieDyeSheep - Determine what colors sheep are when they spawn.
    Version: v0.1.1

[​IMG]
    Should sheep come in all colors of the rainbow? Perhaps your world is a post-apocalyptic industrial nightmare where all the sheep are sooty black and brown. Ever thought about coloring your sheep to match the holidays?

This plugin catches your world's sheep as they spawn and colors them based on the ratios specified in its config file. If no config file exists, it automatically generates one. Change the file to the ratios you prefer, reload the plugin, and watch those fluffy creatures spawn. For example, if you only want purple sheep, set PURPLE to 1 and all other colors to 0. If you want twice as many black sheep as white, set BLACK to 2 and WHITE to 1 and the other colors to 0.

Features:
    • Sheep spawn in the color ratios determined by the config file.
    • Auto-generates config file if it doesn't exist.
    Download The Plugin:
    http://www.avatartoolbox.info/minecraft/mods/TieDyeSheep.jar
    Source Code:
    https://github.com/kaba-storm/TieDyeSheep

Todo:
    • Protect from a sour config file.
    • Multiworld support if there's any interest? (different ratios for different worlds.)
    • Color consistency with shearing etc?
    Changelog:
    Version 0.1.1 (tested with 670, 677, 684, 740, 818, 928, 1000, 1185, 1317, 1597)
    • Bug fix. (re: setting all colors to 0.)
    Version 0.1 (tested with 670)
    • First release. My server's small. Let me know if you have problems.

2. Offline

DutchCraft

Dear kaba,

Great plugin our members love it, But it seems to break after a while, Sometimse 30 min sometimes few hours. But sometimes just after 5 minutes. No errors, config file is still the same.

Sheep just spawn in white colour.

I use mobspawner plugin to spawn the sheeps, they are coloured but after a while if i spawn some they are not coloured anymore.

3. Offline

kaba

Mobspawner (if it's the mod on here by that name) colors the sheep it spawns. I suspect the two don't play well together.

4. Offline

ctshiner

must be great making a plugin that just works and you never have to worry about it again eh?

Thanks again, still an awesome plugin

5. Offline

Bronski

I think you might need the version # in the title. I did a double-take when it wasn't there, I must be looking at too many plugins :p

6. Offline

fahlman

I saw this plugin being used on ShireCraft.us server and had to have it for my personal server. Does anyone know if it works with 1185? It looks like the developer, kaba, hasn't been on the forums since a month ago...

7. Offline

kaba

I'm still around, I just haven't tried running a server since the recommended build came out yesterday. I'll be out most of the weekend, so if you want to give it a go let me know how it works.

8. Offline

fahlman

I'm glad you're still around. My kids love this plugin. I throw it on my server real quick and see if I get any errors.

9. Offline

fahlman

Works on 1185.

10. Offline

owenftw

works great :D Makes it lot easier for people to get coloured wool! Thanks

11. Offline

FlynnTaggert

Any Chance of a update? o.o

12. Offline

Sepulzera

Working fine with CB#1518

13. Offline

fahlman

I've been using this with CraftBukkit 1550 and it works without problem. Thanks for the fun mod.

By the way, have you thought about moving this to BukkitDev?

14. Offline

Xordaii

I am interested :).

Does this only look at sheepwool on the sheep spawn? or on regrowth of the wool too?

Edit: In game, RB 1595, it works on sheep breeding, each new sheep has colored wool. Sheered parents and baby sheep, but it all grows back white. Please update to work with regrowing wool too?

15. Offline

kaba

I'm trying to. ;) Hopefully it'll show up on the listings soon.

16. Offline

superdupernova

Update for 1.2?

17. Offline

andrewpo

I'll try and update this for 1.2 since the plugin author hasn't.

If I have success, I'll update this post later :)
    Watch this space

18. Offline

fahlman

You might want to make an announcement at TieDyeSheep's BukkitDev page when you have a working version.

19. Offline

andrewpo

Sepulzera likes this.
  20. Offline

Sepulzera

Well, I would like to have a config file.
    But its better than nothing, thank you <3

21. Offline

andrewpo

No problem - let me know in the plugin's topic if you encounter any issues and I'll try to help you

Thanks

22. Offline

ThePC007

I have RandoMobs so mine are not always gray. :)

23. Offline

Giuseppe

Code:
    2012-04-18 10:12:25 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/TieDyeSheep.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/event/entity/EntityListener
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:148)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:305)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:230)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:207)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:183)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:53)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:156)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:422)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/event/entity/EntityListener
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:634)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:212)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:41)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:29)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
        at info.avatartoolbox.kaba.TieDyeSheep.TieDyeSheep.<init>(TieDyeSheep.java:14)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:532)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:144)
        ... 8 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.bukkit.event.entity.EntityListener
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:217)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:41)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:29)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:321)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
        ... 26 more