Inactive [FUN] Sprint v1.3 - Enable users to sprint by using sneak [953]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Carbon131, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Carbon131

Sprint - Enable Users To Sprint:
    Version: v1.3

Sprint allows users to sprint by holding down your sneak key and moving. It does this by multiplying the velocity of a user by a given number when they hold shift and are moving. It has a configurable speed and permission support.

Features:
    • Lets users sprint while holding sneak key
    • Configurable sprint speed
    • Configurable energy meter
    • Live in-game configuration editing
    • Permission support
    • Easy installation
    Download:

Download Sprint.jar
    Source Code

Installation:
    Download the Sprint.jar and extract it to your plugins directory. Run your server and a Sprint folder will be created in your plugins directory with a config.yml in it.
    Now edit your config.yml:
    Code:
    requires-item:
        item-id: 301 # id of the item which is required to wear to sprint (must be either boots, chestplate, leggings, or helment)
        enabled: false # if a item is required to be worn in order to sprint (true = enabled, false = disabled)
    held-item:
        item-id: 0 # id of the item which is held by the user to enable/disable sprinting by left clicking
        enabled: false # enable/disable being able to enable/disable sprinting by left clicking with a specified item in a person's hand
        interval: 5 # use 5 or 10 for this option. (every 5 or 10 % amount of energy used/gained a message will appear with your current energy left)
        energy-lost-color: f # the color that is displayed when a user is losing energy
        energy-gained-color: f # the color that is displayed when a user is gaining energy
    options:
        energy-gained-per-second: 1 # amount of energy gained while not sprinting
        speed: 0.6 # controls the sprint speed (its what the player's direction's velocity is multiplied by)
        energy-lost-per-second: 1 # amount of energy lost per second while sprinting
        requires-command-enabled: false # if set to true, it will allow people to enable/disable sprinting by using '/sprint on' or '/sprint off'
        high-jump-enabled: false # if set to true, it will allow users to jump high while sprinting, but if set to false, users will jump the same height while sprinting as the normal jumping height
    NOTE: If upgrading from v1.0 or below to v1.1+ you must delete your Sprint folder and restart your server or plugin for the new config file to be created! If not the plugin will not work!

Permission Nodes (open)

sprint.admin # allow users access to sprint administrative commands
    sprint.allow # allow users or groups access to sprint
    sprint.highjump # allow users who have sprint.allow be able to jump high while sprinting

NOTE: If no permission nodes are detected, it will default to using ops.txt.

Commands (open)

Sprint Commands:
    /sprint on : Enables sprinting.
    /sprint off : Disables sprinting.

Sprint Administrative Commands:
    /sprint speed <amount> : Change sprint speed.
    /sprint energygainedpersecond <amount> : Change energy gained per second.
    /sprint energylostpersecond <amount> : Change energy lost per second.
    /sprint highjump <enable|disable> : Enable/disable sprint highjump.
    /sprint requiresitem <enable|disable> : Enable/disable require item to wear.
    /sprint requirescommand <enable|disable> : Enable/disable require command to enable/disable sprinting.
    /sprint helditem <enable|disable> : Enable/disable being able to enable/disable sprint using an item.
    /sprint helditemid <id> : Change the item that is used to enable/disable sprinting.
    /sprint itemid <id> : Change the required item to be worn.
    /sprint messagesinterval <seconds> : Change the interval between messages sent while sprinting.
    /sprint energygainedcolor <color> : Change the color of the energy gained message.
    /sprint energylostcolor <color> : Change the color of the energy lost message.

Changelog (open)

Version 1.3
    • Changed it so when energy-lost-per-second is set to 0 the stamina messages wont show up
    Version 1.2
    • Divided '/sprint admin' into 2 separate pages
    • Fixed bug where you were required to have 'requires-command-enabled' enabled to use 'held-item.enabled'
    Version 1.1
    • Added ability to enable/disable sprinting by using commands
    • Added in game administrative commands (you can change any setting in the configuration file in real time)
    • Added ability to enable/disable sprinting by left clicking with a specified item
    Version 1.0
    • Fixed no permissions detected problem (wouldn't work without permissions)
    • Added Sprint version check (notifies you in the console if there is a new version of Sprint available)
    Version 0.9

• Added sprint.highjump permission node
    Version 0.8

• Added high-jump-enabled option to config
    Version 0.7

• Added energy-gained-color and energy-lost-color to config.yml
    • Changed messages to display as 'Stamina: #%'
    Version 0.6

• Reconfigured config.yml
    • Added decimal support for energy-lost-per-second and energy-gained-per-second
    • Added item-id option
    • Added messages options (interval and color)
    • Fixed message bug (spammed 15%)
    Version 0.5

• Converted config.properties to config.yml
    Version 0.4

• Added energy meter and config options (energy-lost-per-second, energy-gained-per-second)
    • Fixed minor bugs
    Version 0.3

• Fixed glitch were a user could go infinitely in the air
    Version 0.2

• Attempting to fix Mac error (was using ancient version of eclipse)
    • Added leatherboot option in config
    Version 0.1

• Initial Release

2. Offline

Sepulzera

Btw would it be possible to implement different behaviours for different items?
    E.g. when using gold-boots you run faster than with leather-boots, etc.

Edit:
    If you set a required item, you just need to enable it. Once you did, you can drop this item and still run :(

3. Offline

pandapipino

Please update this plugin!

4. Offline

Shooty

Anyone can update this plugin :/ ?

5. Offline

Zarius

Since I quite like this plugin (and love the highjump feature :D) I took the liberty of updating it to BukkitR5+. New version <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Note that "admin" commands are disabled are they are trickier in the new Bukkit configuration.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
  6. Offline

Shooty

[quote uid=29094 name="Zarius" post=1002652]Since I quite like this plugin (and love the highjump feature :D) I took the liberty of updating it to BukkitR5+. New version <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Note that "admin" commands are disabled are they are trickier in the new Bukkit configuration.[/quote]
    <3 <3

Oh, perms don't works anymore, i'm using PermissionsCompat and permissionsEx. PermissionsCompat link plugin using old perms system with PermissionsEx

7. Offline

Shooty

[quote uid=29094 name="Zarius" post=1002652]Since I quite like this plugin (and love the highjump feature :D) I took the liberty of updating it to BukkitR5+. New version <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Note that "admin" commands are disabled are they are trickier in the new Bukkit configuration.[/quote]
    ???

8. Offline

pandapipino

please update thanks!

9. Offline

Zarius

[quote uid=42904 name="pandapipino" post=1037899]please update thanks![/quote]

Updated version <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

10. Offline

pandapipino

[quote uid=29094 name="Zarius" post=1041780]Updated version <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    Can you update it to work on 1.2.4? it doesn't work on me and it throws a lot of error on my console. Thanks

11. Offline

Zarius

Hmm, works on 1.2.3 and didn't know much had changed with 1.2.4 - I'll have to test it out later.

pandapipino likes this.
  12. Offline

pandapipino

Thanks

13. Offline

Zarius

Tested - works fine for my in 1.2.4 with no errors. What errors do you get? I probably wont be able to work on it for about a week or so as I'm off on a 7 day cruise/honeymoon tomorrow morning and it's 12:30am here :D

14. Offline

md_5

Long time no see Carbon131. You will notice that this thread has now been placed into the Inactive Plugin subforum.
    If you wish to revive this plugin, please ensure that you update and test compatibility with the latest recommended Bukkit build before reporting your original post, asking for it to be moved back to the release forum.

Thanks for your time.
    md_5

15. Offline

Carbon131

Zarius Now has full control over the plugin. He is going to take it over as a GPL project.

Keep an eye out for his updated thread.