Inactive [FUN] SpoutEssentials v3.9.2 [SPLASH SCREENS, GUI commands, Music, Capes, Sky, and more!] [1.2.3-R0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by skawke, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Offline

skawke

[​IMG]
    @rediem's Banner :)
    Version: v3.9.2
    Go here for download, commands, permission nodes, and more!
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/spoutessentials/

OnScreenCommands:
    (If you would like to get a small taste, join my server @ play.thetaylormc.com:27965, and press ~)

Splash Screens:

Uses Spout's various features for a whole ton of fun!
    • Notifies when people join
    • Notifies when people leave
    • Displays a notification when people join the server
    • Allows the playing of music, both to themselves AND serverwide
    • A simple 'poke' feature
    • and TONS more! (Full list @ bukkitdev page)
    SpoutEssentials includes optimizations for these plugins:
    Want to test out the features before using it? Join my server @ play.thetaylormc.com

I work quite hard to make the plugin, and I try to put everyone's requested feature into SpoutEssentials. Donate to help me buy food a better server :(:(!

[​IMG]

Credits:
    · @rediem for the banner :D:D:D:D:D:D
    · @tips48 for helping me with the poking feature (basic messaging)
    · @SwearWord from #bukkitdev for helping me with config stuff
    · #spout for helping me with SpoutCraftEnabledEvent
    · @Ninja Grinch for pointing out bugs in 2.7.2

GameFAQsRolo, Kiste, Hopium and 8 others like this.
  2. Offline

saberstormer

hello,
    Trying to get a welcome music to work on login.
    i enable the config to true and i put a link to a website like this: (not a real url just exmple) www.something,com./123.ogg
    but it doensn't work! (nothing happens)
    Do i need to put it in a public dropboxfolder as disscused in the comments? or is my website good also?
    also is this plugin dependent on spoutcraft for the login music?

3. Ogg files require a certain encodage type, i advice you to use Audacity to export to and ogg file.

4. Offline

saberstormer

:) i used Audacity.

5. Offline

skawke

What's the URL?

6. Offline

Lunar Delta

Just use oggdropXPd. The quality is great, the encoding fast, and works fine for this.

7. Offline

skawke

Version 3.0 released
    • Added on screen commands. Experimental
    • Added Towny Support

Screenshot of what I'm working on...along with other stuff. Request support for other plugins!
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/spoutessentials/images/

Open a ticket.
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/spoutessentials/tickets/
    Make sure you have Spout installed.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2018
  8. Offline

miketoast

Same thing happens to me, I type it in like /spe playgmusic http://01audiovideo.free.fr/ogg/Ludmila_flash.ogg and no errors , nothing happens

Edit: found the error
    Code:
    18:33:31 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling SpoutEssentials v2.9.5.2 (Is it
    up to date?): org/getspout/spoutapi/sound/Music
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/getspout/spoutapi/sound/Music
            at me.skawke.spoutessentials.SpoutEssentialsCommandManager.<clinit>(Spou
    tEssentialsCommandManager.java:40)
            at me.skawke.spoutessentials.SpoutEssentials.onEnable(SpoutEssentials.ja
    va:46)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:857)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:264)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:151)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:136
    )
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:284)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:271)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:148)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.getspout.spoutapi.sound.Music
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:36)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:24)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            ... 12 more

9. Offline

RGadelha

Hi,
    Every time I restart my server spoutEssentials says in the console:

23:28:43 [INFO] [SpoutEssentials] A new version of SpoutEssentials, v3.0 is available.
    23:28:43 [INFO] [SpoutEssentials] Starting download of SpoutEssentials v3.0...

I think the problem is that inside the downloaded jar, file plugin.yml, the version is 2.9.5.2.

10. Offline

skawke

Fixed!

11. Offline

NinjaGrinch

I get this whenever a user logs in.

Code:
    01:12:39 [INFO] NinjaZidane [/75.67.50.52:54236] logged in with entity id 3054 at ([s
    urvival] -469.875, 72.0, -315.5625)
    01:12:39 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_TELEPORT to SpoutEssentials
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: me/skawke/spoutessentials/SpoutEssentialsPlayerListen
    er$1
            at me.skawke.spoutessentials.SpoutEssentialsPlayerListener.onPlayerTeleport(S
    poutEssentialsPlayerListener.java:89)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$9.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:30
    0)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)

at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:3
    38)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:373)
            at org.getspout.spout.player.SpoutCraftPlayer.updateNetServerHandler(SpoutCra
    ftPlayer.java:851)
            at org.getspout.spout.SpoutPlayerListener.onPlayerJoin(SpoutPlayerListener.ja
    va:47)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:24
    4)

38)
            at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.c(ServerConfigurationManag
    er.java:124)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:97)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.a(NetLoginHandler.java:33)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:91)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:453)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)
    01:12:39 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to SpoutEssentials
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: me/skawke/spoutessentials/SpoutEssentialsPlayerListen
    er$3
            at me.skawke.spoutessentials.SpoutEssentialsPlayerListener.onPlayerJoin(Spout
    EssentialsPlayerListener.java:241)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:24
    4)

38)
            at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.c(ServerConfigurationManag
    er.java:124)
    01:12:39 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_TELEPORT to SpoutEssentials
    er$1
    0)

38)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:98)
    and this whenever I teleport

Code:
    01:14:22 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_TELEPORT to SpoutEssentials
    er$1
    0)

38)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer.teleport(CraftPlayer.java:233)
            at com.sk89q.commandbook.util.TeleportPlayerIterator.perform(TeleportPlayerIt
    erator.java:42)
            at com.sk89q.commandbook.util.PlayerIteratorAction.iterate(PlayerIteratorActi
    on.java:56)
            at com.sk89q.commandbook.commands.HomeCommands.home(HomeCommands.java:87)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at com.sk89q.minecraft.util.commands.CommandsManager.invokeMethod(CommandsMan
    ager.java:411)
            at com.sk89q.minecraft.util.commands.CommandsManager.executeMethod(CommandsMa
    nager.java:405)
            at com.sk89q.minecraft.util.commands.CommandsManager.execute(CommandsManager.
    java:313)
            at com.sk89q.commandbook.CommandBookPlugin.onCommand(CommandBookPlugin.java:2
    67)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:352)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:
    737)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:701)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:694)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:89)
            at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:478)

at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    EDIT: Just generated a new set of config files and set them up again. Just in case something went screwy with the transition from 2.9.5 to 3.0 but I still get the error.

Also shouldn't Towny support be disabled by default just like WorldGuard?

12. Offline

Penjuin3

Great mod! Maybe you could get it working with Pail in some way too?

13. Offline

skawke

Disable CommandBook and see what happens. What version of Spout? Type /spout ingame

14. Offline

MrMontor

Player move error again???

Code:
    2011-08-30 10:11:30 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_MOVE to SpoutEssentials
    java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method me.skawke.spoutessentials.SpoutEssentialsModuleConfig.WorldGuardStatus()Z from class me.skawke.spoutessentials.SpoutEssentialsPlayerListener
        at me.skawke.spoutessentials.SpoutEssentialsPlayerListener.onPlayerMove(SpoutEssentialsPlayerListener.java:119)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$7.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:286)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:174)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:592)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:89)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:478)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:454)

15. Offline

saberstormer

the link is [edit(removed)]
    also is this plugin dependent on spoutcraft for the login music?

16. Offline

NinjaGrinch

Updating CommandBook fixed it.

17. Offline

GmK

Yes, people need the client to hear the music.

18. Offline

themaxou

what's new in v3.1 ?

19. Offline

saberstormer

Thanks!
    i read somewhere that spoutcraft doesn't work correctly with other plugins is this correct?

20. Yes that is correct. Also, prefix your url with the protocol (ie. http:// or ftp:// or whatever it is) - skawke should really add this as a default example in the config.

21. Offline

saberstormer

Thanks!
    hmm so i have to chose between welcome music and all the plugins....lol

22. Offline

morizuki

hi can i suggest something on the on screen command

i have a different player list and Send IM.. can u make it configurable in config.yml

also there's a bug in Player List.. it showing up 2x

23. Personally I'd suggest that the on-screen menu be completely configurable by the server administrator, possibly with a YAML file. This gives the admin the ability to provide quick access to server features or help menus / news updates.

(Yes I'll log a ticket)

24. Offline

Lolmewn

Woah that banner is sooo cool =D

25. Offline

RGadelha

Thanks but it's still doing this but now, instead of 3.0 it's saying 3.1 :oops:

26. Offline

Hempa

I get this everytime someone joins
    2011-08-30 17:12:20 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_TELEPORT to SpoutEssentials
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: me/skawke/spoutessentials/SpoutEssentialsPlayerListener$1
    at me.skawke.spoutessentials.SpoutEssentialsPlayerListener.onPlayerTeleport(SpoutEssentialsPlayerListener.java:89)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$9.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:300)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
    at org.getspout.spout.player.SpoutCraftPlayer.updateNetServerHandler(SpoutCraftPlayer.java:851)
    at org.getspout.spout.SpoutPlayerListener.onPlayerJoin(SpoutPlayerListener.java:47)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:244)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.c(ServerConfigurationManager.java:124)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: me.skawke.spoutessentials.SpoutEssentialsPlayerListener$1
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
    ... 17 more
    2011-08-30 17:12:21 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_JOIN to SpoutEssentials
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: me/skawke/spoutessentials/SpoutEssentialsPlayerListener$3
    at me.skawke.spoutessentials.SpoutEssentialsPlayerListener.onPlayerJoin(SpoutEssentialsPlayerListener.java:241)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:244)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.c(ServerConfigurationManager.java:124)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: me.skawke.spoutessentials.SpoutEssentialsPlayerListener$3
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
    ... 11 more
    2011-08-30 17:12:21 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PLAYER_TELEPORT to SpoutEssentials
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: me/skawke/spoutessentials/SpoutEssentialsPlayerListener$1
    at me.skawke.spoutessentials.SpoutEssentialsPlayerListener.onPlayerTeleport(SpoutEssentialsPlayerListener.java:89)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$9.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:300)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.b(NetLoginHandler.java:98)

27. Offline

Deiwos

28. He's forgetting to increment the version number.

I am starting to dislike the auto-update feature. You are implementing test features (such as the GUI) in a release channel. If possible split your test branch into a seperate, '-dev/latest' style plugin, and have a release plugin that only contains things that work. Have them auto-update separately. I don't see a permission node for this GUI thing, and I want rid of it.

29. Offline

morizuki

I'm trying to force a texture pack in the world and dungeon world.. and changed the forcetexture to true.. but.. nothing happen..

Code:
    texturepack:
        world: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36577078/LB%20Photo%20Realism%20x16%206.3.5.zip
        dungeon: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17504664/bananamaze-dungeon-texture-pack-nightgunner5.zip
        default: LOOK AT THE THREAD FOR MORE INFO. DO NOT CHANGE THIS

30. Offline

skawke

Disable it in the modules.yml...technically I should have disabled it by default, but looks like I forgot to revert it back after testing it out on my own server.
    Restart server, and if that doesn't work, open a ticket.
    It's not a bug, I did that to make it compatible with everything. /list + /online.
    3.1 was an effort to stop the loop updating, but looks like I failed again :p
    Open a ticket. It's a problem at your end.

I'm looking for someone to maintain my bukkitdev, so I can go back to coding. Read the thread if you're interested!

Open a ticket please.
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/spoutessentials/tickets/

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  31. Offline

Andrew1431

Okay I have no idea how programming works, but the ONLY reason I am hesitating to get spout, is because it will disable my flymod, and my WorldEdit client-side mod (to see your selected region).

How hard is it to implement fly mod (just the flying for it) and the worldedit client? These are the ONLY two mods i need, and they arne't being made. Is there a easy way to make client side mods, serverside?