[FUN] SoundCenter - Music, Sounds and Voice Chat for your Server! [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by WegFetZ, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Offline

WegFetZ

SoundCenter - Music, Sounds and Voice Chat for your Server!

Version: v0.1

CustomMusic is back! Now as SoundCenter!

SoundCenter (formerly CustomMusic) allows you to set music boxes or regions that stream your own music, sound effects or webradio to all players in realtime.
    It also implements a simple voice chat for Minecraft.
    In the future SoundCenter will add a lot of cool audio features to minecraft, such as sound effects on events.

To give you a very little idea of what it does (video is not up-to-date):

More info on:

or on BukkitDev

Features:
    • You can set imaginary jukeboxes, cuboid areas or worlds and biomes as music stations
    • Stations can either play your own music or sound effects, or webradio streams
    • You can also play music globally on the whole server
    • You can upload your own music files easily via the SoundCenter client
    • Supported audio formats: mp3, midi, ogg (for webradio only)
    • Everything is easily and intuitively managable with the clients user interface
    • Every feature is configurable and you can limit access with permissions
    Extra Features:
    • Voice chat
      • SoundCenter adds a simple voice chat to your Bukkit server
      • You can speak locally (only players that are not far from you can hear you. Volume depends on their distance)
      • But you can also speak globally (The whole server can hear you)
      • You can disable voice chat on your server if you don't like this feature
    • many more to come
    How does it work?

Okay so I have SoundCenter installed on my server, what to do now?
    It's easy: Login to your server. If you are not running the client yet, you will see a message with a link to www.sound-center.com. If you follow this link, the SoundCenter client will load and automatically fill in the required information to connect to your server.
    Press connect - now you can add and upload your songs in the "Music" tab, or add biomes or worlds to your stations. If you want to set boxes and areas, you can do this ingame via /sc set <area|box>. That's easier, because the box will be created at your coordinates.
    You can edit all properties of your stations by pressing the "Edit Station" button in the "Stations" tab.

For detailed instructions on how to install or use the commands visit the HOW TO USE section on BukkitDev.

Before you post any Issues/ Bugs:

Goblom, Maxster99, gnftoxic and 10 others like this.
  2. Offline

Folkert123

I have a problem

when i start minecraft and i join the server, the audioclient thing doesnt say anything.
    so i type /cm init and then it says:

An internal error occurred while attempting to perform this command

I dont know what the problem is
    plz I need help

Code:
    09:27:35 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'cm'
    in plugin CustomMusic v0.7a
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:12
    9)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:3
    52)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.
    java:737)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:701)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:694)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:89)
    at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java
    :478)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:454)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/nijikokun/bukkit/Permissions/Perm
    issions
    at de.WegFetZ.CustomMusic.Permission.permission(Permission.java:43)
    at de.WegFetZ.CustomMusic.CustomMusic.onCommand(CustomMusic.java:392)
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    ... 13 more
    09:28:07 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server o
    verloaded?
    >

3. Offline

Tubbytoad42

4. Offline

jedimaster0

Code:
    2011-08-30 21:29:59 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "uploadListener"
    2011-08-30 21:29:59 [SEVERE] java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Unsupported operation
    2011-08-30 21:29:59 [SEVERE] at com.platymuus.bukkit.permcompat.PermissionHandler.getUserPermissionInteger(PermissionHandler.java:139)
    2011-08-30 21:29:59 [SEVERE] at de.WegFetZ.CustomMusic.Permission.getPermissionInteger(Permission.java:58)
    2011-08-30 21:29:59 [SEVERE] at de.WegFetZ.CustomMusic.uploadListener.run(uploadListener.java:69)
    I am getting this error. I believe it has something to do with PermissionsBukkit, but i'm not sure.

5. Offline

WegFetZ

@Folkert123
    Which permissions version do you use?

@Tubbytoad42
    I will add it to version 0.8.

@jedimaster0
    Yes you're right, use Permissions plugin or GroupManager until 0.8 is ready.
    Or use SuperpermsBridge

6. Offline

nick980324

hmm still have problem.
    i have put all permission node in the permission
    but when i type /upload in the startclient.bat
    it says you have no permission to upload anyfile

7. Offline

Folkert123

Im using permissions version 3.1.6

8. Offline

garcilov

hello i have a problem i downloaded the audio client easy pack and when i was done installing it i put music then when i uploaded it it said i dont have permission it says with mp3 or midi file can anyone help me?

9. Offline

Conlin1

Hey again, sorry for asking for help more than once. I'm still running into the same problem, even after disabling my friend's firewall, and allowing the ports through, he still gets the same I/O error. Any other suggestions? :/
    Edit :
    Here is a picture of his, with the error, and then mine.

Attached Files:

10. Offline

Wytry

This happens every time i try to upload songs, but there's nothing about that in server's console.

11. Offline

The PC Tech Guy

No, don't type ": pause" (maybe I should've used quotes... grr...)
    @WgetFez Thanks for the recognition. Just got back from a brief break from Minecraft. :) You (or I) could work on getting the instructions a little simpler, although it is true that the configuration should be done by the server admin... oh well.

Oh, and since I used WinRAR to add some notes, I think whatever you used took it out. Maybe you could add a Readme.txt file with something like this in it:
    You may also want to add the audioclient.properties file to the package as well.

12. Offline

mantaskarmaza

when I run server it says on client: initialization failed! make sure you started audioclient
    and when i on it and type in /cm init says same thing help me plzz and i use current version

yes fixed evryhting no need now still thanks

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  13. Offline

WegFetZ

@Folkert123 Permissions 3.x will work in the next version.
    @nick980324 What does CustomMusic say in the server log about permissions?

@garcilov Make sure that your have permissions 'cm.upload.mp3' or cm.upload.midi'.

@Conlin1
    Since it worked for me on your server, there must be something with your friend's PC / router configuration. Is he maybe running any program that is using one of the required ports? Try to use other ports for CustomMusic. I have no idea how to fix this, sorry.

@Wytry
    Maybe your firewall blocks the port that is used for uploading (standard 4226).

@The PC Tech Guy
    Oh thanks, i didn't notice that there got something lost :)
    I will re-upload it with your readme.

I'm currently working on the gui for the audio client, so hopefully it will become more user firendly.
    If you want i can upload a preview of it. Suggestions are always welcome ;)

/EDIT:
    Here is the GUI preview: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24458406/MC_AudioClient_GUI_Preview.jar

You can start it with a simple double click. Choose java.exe if your PC asks you how to open it or start it with a batch file with "java -jar MC_AudioClient_GUI_Preview.jar".

Its without functionality, so don't ask why nothing works ;)

The PC Tech Guy likes this.
  14. Offline

Folkert123

Okay, Thanks

15. Offline

garcilov

how do u give it permission to play mp3 or midi

16. Offline

WegFetZ

'cm.init' is enough to play music from boxes / areas that were created by another user.

17. Offline

garcilov

thank you soo much it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Offline

nick980324

it say installed

19. Offline

Maxster99

Help ME please! When i run the audio client it gives me an error message like this

C:\Users\Max\Desktop\CustomMusic_AudioClient>"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java" -jar "MC_AudioClient.jar" Maxster99
    Cannot get the I/O for 77.53.145.84
    Make sure that you have set the right port and that the ports are forwarded on the Server.
    C:\Users\Max\Desktop\CustomMusic_AudioClient>pause
    Press any key to continue . . .

20. Offline

WegFetZ

@nick980324
    Most likely there is something wrong with your permissions plugin. Check your permissions config or wait for 0.8 if you use Permissions 3.

@Maxster99
    FAQ point 3. Don' forget that you have to all 4 ports.

21. Offline

Maxster99

still didn't work said the same thing

22. Offline

WegFetZ

@Maxster99
    Maybe the ports are already in use, try to use other ports.

I'm done with 0.8 but i cannot test some upload/download functions because i don't have an own server anymore.
    If someone likes to help me, write a PM. :)

/Edit:
    Version 0.8

• added a graphical user interface (gui) for the audioclient with a lot of new features
    • added support for webradio files (.pls, asx and .ram files) - the streams should be in mp3 or ogg format
      • new command: '/cm listradio [player] <radionumber>'
        • permission node: 'cm.radio.list.player'
      • new command '/cm bchooseradio <boxnumber> <radionumber>'
      • new command '/cm achooseradio <areanumber> <radionumber>'
      • new command: '/cm deleteradio [player] <radionumber>'
        • permission node: 'cm.radio.delete.player'
      • new permission node: 'cm.upload.webradio'
      • new permission info: 'cm.maxWebradioFiles'
    • added PermissionsBukkit support
    • added PermissionsEx support
    • fixed Permissions 3 issues?
    • added client-update function that will offer you to download the required version if your version differs from the server's
    You don't need the startclient.bat anymore with 0.8. Just double-click the CM_AudioClient_v0.8.jar. Choose java.exe if your PC doesn't know how to open it.
    If you want to use the startclient.bat anyway, change MC_AudioClient.jar to CM_AudioClient_v0.8.jar

Let me know if you like it. I still couldn't test the upload/ download calculation functions, so please report bugs if you find ones.

23. Offline

yorkdevil85

Im on a mac and i followed the steps exactly. But nothing happens. Heres the consle out-put.

Last login: Thu Dec 16 21:47:47 on console
    /Users/trentonbarbuscsa/Desktop/CustomMusic_AudioClient/startclient.command ; exit;
    trenton-barbuscsas-macbook:~ trentonbarbuscsa$ /Users/trentonbarbuscsa/Desktop/CustomMusic_AudioClient/startclient.command ; exit;
    /Users/trentonbarbuscsa/Desktop/CustomMusic_AudioClient/startclient.command: line 1: cd: /Users/TrentonBarbusca$/desktop/CustomMusic_AudioClientjava: No such file or directory
    /Users/trentonbarbuscsa/Desktop/CustomMusic_AudioClient/startclient.command: line 2: pause: command not found
    logout

[Process completed]

24. Offline

WegFetZ

@yorkdevil85
    if you have downloaded version 0.8 you don't need the startclient.command anymore. just doubleclick the CM_AudioClient_v0.8.jar. I don't know how this works on mac, so if you want to use the startclient.command anyway, don't forget to change MC_AudioClient.jar to CM.AudioClient_v0.8.jar

25. Offline

Sethimine

So, is it not possible to use this plugin without forwarding some ports?

My stupid internet provider doesn't allow people to forward ports...

26. Offline

WegFetZ

On the server the ports must not be blocked by a firewall. If you run a minecraft server you also need to forward a port (25565). That's the same thing, so if you can run a minecraft server, you can use the plugin.

27. Offline

Sethimine

Nope, I run it through hamachi.

*grins*

Sorry. I would use it anyway, if I could

28. this is an awesome plugin, but what would make it even more awesome would be a spoutcraft client support just to allow webstream radio via a jukebox - in comparison to some other spout plugins like jukbukkit, they do the job of this plugin flawlessly with only need for spoutcraft client. the only thing it lacks is the webradio and i think if the dev for this plugin would consider spout devving it, youd be a ranking plugin developer :p

29. Offline

Folkert123

it stil doesnt work. Still the same error (internal error)

can you help me plz?

30. Offline

Benzilla25

Hi, I really need some help.
    When I try to use /cm init this message appears: "An internal error occurred while attempting to perform this command". I then found out that this applies to all /cm commands. When i look at audio client, it looks like this:
    Code:
    Connected!
    benzilla25 registered! Log into Minecraft within 60s or use '/cm init' if you are already logged in.
    Initialization failed!
    Connections closed.
    Client wil not reconnect.

I am 100% sure that my name and ip are right, and i have forwarded all the ports.
    Also i am in within 60 secs

31. Offline

WegFetZ

@dunem
    It's the same thing: Most webradio streams are in mp3 or aac+ format, which spout can't handle at the moment.

@Folkert123
    It works for me with Permissions 3.1.6. Is CustomMusic the only plugin that has troubles with permissions?
    Maybe you can try to redownload Permissions and CustomMusic.

@Benzilla25
    Can you post the error it shows in the server console? Run the client and the server in debug mode. To run the server in debug mode you need to create a file "debug.txt" in the plugins/CustomMusic directory.