[FUN] SoundCenter - Music, Sounds and Voice Chat for your Server! [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by WegFetZ, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Offline

WegFetZ

SoundCenter - Music, Sounds and Voice Chat for your Server!

Version: v0.1

CustomMusic is back! Now as SoundCenter!

SoundCenter (formerly CustomMusic) allows you to set music boxes or regions that stream your own music, sound effects or webradio to all players in realtime.
    It also implements a simple voice chat for Minecraft.
    In the future SoundCenter will add a lot of cool audio features to minecraft, such as sound effects on events.

To give you a very little idea of what it does (video is not up-to-date):

More info on:

or on BukkitDev

Features:
    • You can set imaginary jukeboxes, cuboid areas or worlds and biomes as music stations
    • Stations can either play your own music or sound effects, or webradio streams
    • You can also play music globally on the whole server
    • You can upload your own music files easily via the SoundCenter client
    • Supported audio formats: mp3, midi, ogg (for webradio only)
    • Everything is easily and intuitively managable with the clients user interface
    • Every feature is configurable and you can limit access with permissions
    Extra Features:
    • Voice chat
      • SoundCenter adds a simple voice chat to your Bukkit server
      • You can speak locally (only players that are not far from you can hear you. Volume depends on their distance)
      • But you can also speak globally (The whole server can hear you)
      • You can disable voice chat on your server if you don't like this feature
    • many more to come
    How does it work?

Okay so I have SoundCenter installed on my server, what to do now?
    It's easy: Login to your server. If you are not running the client yet, you will see a message with a link to www.sound-center.com. If you follow this link, the SoundCenter client will load and automatically fill in the required information to connect to your server.
    Press connect - now you can add and upload your songs in the "Music" tab, or add biomes or worlds to your stations. If you want to set boxes and areas, you can do this ingame via /sc set <area|box>. That's easier, because the box will be created at your coordinates.
    You can edit all properties of your stations by pressing the "Edit Station" button in the "Stations" tab.

For detailed instructions on how to install or use the commands visit the HOW TO USE section on BukkitDev.

Before you post any Issues/ Bugs:

Goblom, Maxster99, gnftoxic and 10 others like this.
  2. Offline

QQCucumber

Is this going to start receiving updates again soon? Still waiting on midi support. :)

3. Offline

WegFetZ

@QQCucumber
    I think i will have some time to work on it next week.
    I'm sorry that it takes so long.

4. Offline

skatez105

i cant get my audio client to work!
    i don't know why..
    when i run the client i get this..
    'java' is not recognized as in internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

now i think its because i have a 64 bit OS, but i am not sure, can any on etell me how to fix it?

5. Offline

RugRats

WTTTTTF It says craftplayer{name=RugRats] Everytime I log into my server how do I get rid of it. I've deleted this thing off my computer and it's still showing UPP

6. Offline

WegFetZ

Try point 4 of the FAQ

It is supposed to create this directory... This is the place where you have to put the MP3s you want to upload.
    It will be recreated as long as you run the plugin or the audioclient.

7. Offline

RugRats

I really like this plaugin but this annoys me. Where is this directory created at because I deleted the plugin and the audioclient of my computer

8. Offline

WegFetZ

@RugRats
    On your server there is a directory "CustomMusic" in your server's plugin folder.
    On your PC there is a directory "Music" wherever you have put MC_AudioClient.jar.

9. Offline

RugRats

I deleted the custom music along time ago and I deleted the music directory still get it. Whenever My second admin logs on he gets this message to. Well I see it... no one else does just the admins on my server and i know it's from this plugin..

10. Offline

WegFetZ

@RugRats
    Do you get it on your PC or on your server?
    Have you restarted the server after deleting CustomMusic.jar?

11. Offline

RugRats

Yes and I get it in the cmd prompt so server

Example 10:55:44:CraftPlayer{name=RugRats} logged in with enitity 1324. I never got this before. Only when using your plugin. I deleted all the directories and the plugin it self and it still comes up in the cmd..

Well come on it's your plugin that caused this. It's obviously leaving some behind in my computer I want it out..

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  12. Offline

WegFetZ

@RugRats
    Calm down.
    This is definitely not my plugin.
    These messages get logged since build ~818.

13. Offline

RugRats

Thanks. But I guess your plugin activated the logging........ It only say this if your an Admin in permissions..

So after I installed this that started coming up and I lead it down to being an admin for my server having access to all commands. Thats me and my friend. It only says craftplayer next to are names when we log in any normal player this doesn't happen to..so ever sense I installed your plugin that has been happing.. so everything leads to this plugin..

Wow... I want to kill myself now. I linked it down to StealthLogin.. it Just says that because admins are the ones that are hidden on login..well i'm sorry for blaming you and being a complete douche bag... I'm going to go take a nap now..

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  14. Offline

Kevin Forte

4 Things:
    1. I am told that I don't have permission to upload songs, but I certainly do :p Any reason this might be occurring?
    2. Upon using /cm list, I see a file called 'thumbs.db'. I have no idea how it got there or even where it is, considering I can't find it in any of my music database folders. Any ideas?
    3. This plugin sometimes causes enough lag to crash my server, which runs on 4 gigs of ram. Am I doing something wrong?
    4. Quick bug report: It seems as though the music becomes very messed up if you stand directly in the virtual box. Just thought I'd let you know. :p

15. Offline

Spikestuff

oh okay thanks

16. Offline

Ryuiku

im sorta confused. i have all them permissions in but yet when i log in it says i dont have the permission to use it :confused: could this be caused by another plugin? my only guess could be the essentials nicknames thing

EDIT: sorry just saw it i'm blonde ;P

17. Offline

supermars10

Im stupid so i need a better tut but it looks like a good mod besides that

18. Offline

Suembeaux

i am having problems setting this us as a user without direct access to the server i host, i set everything up the same as i did on the server hosting computer but it fails to execute anything. when i run the startclient.bat it simply brings up a cmd window and displays the text within it and does nothing beyond that. works great for the server admin! but i need some help as a user...

- i got it to execute something but then it never made the custommusic folder to match the .jar file, so i put one in myself by copying the ones from the computer i host the server on, i changed the port and ip to the user computer but i still cannot get it to connect, i get the I/O error now. help would be greatly appreciated, id love to get this to work for my friends

- sorry for spamming this so much...the plugin initializes for me when i log in under my username from a remote computer...even though i am getting the I/O error...is that because im on the same router and do not need to port for the music? even though it initializes successfully i cannot hear the music from the boxes i already set under this username...on the same computer it fails under a different username.

19. Offline

Molokax

Writes me that

Where is the problem ?

20. Offline

SPeeD

Hi

can you write Permissions for Audioclient pls

thx ^^

21. Offline

Etarus

Everytime it say "Initialization failed! Make sure you started the AudioClient". I have put the CustomMusic.jar into my server plugins and started the audioclient WITH editing my name in the .bat.
    Need help. (No one on my server can upload any music)

22. Offline

Pie9075

Ok first, love the mods concept.
    Second, I have a windows 64 bit and it wont run the Custom Music
    Heres my propeties:
    #===MC-AudioClient configuration===
    #Fri Mar 18 18:06:57 CET 2011
    Server-IP=98.246.12.60
    Server-Port=4224
    Heres my startclient.bat:
    #===MC-AudioClient configuration===
    #Fri Mar 18 18:06:57 CET 2011
    Server-IP=98.246.12.60
    Server-Port=4224
    Any clue whats wrong? I did point 4 of the F&Q . Im kinda desperite

23. Offline

WegFetZ

1. I have no idea what could be wrong. Which permissions plugin do you use? Is it only the permission to upload songs that doesn't work?

@Ryuiku
    How did you solve this?
    2. thumbs.db is usually generated automatically. As far as I know, it stores the thumbnail images for pictures and videos. You could try to uncheck the folder option "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" and show hidden files to delete it manually. It shouldn't be recreated if there is no video/ picture in the folder.
    3. I never heared about the plugin causing lag. Is it possible that your user's up- and downloads use all of your bandwidth?
    4. I wasn't able to reproduce this. Sometimes the music randomly gets distorted for me but it seems to be independent of the distance to the box. I will check this again.
    Thanks for your report i hope i could help you a bit :D.

@Suembeaux
    What exactly does it say in the cmd window?
    The I/O error can be caused by not having forwarded all needed ports on your server. You need to forward 4 ports: the one your server admin has set in the cm.properties and the 3 following ports. Also make sure that the port in the "AudioClient.properties" is the same as in the "cm.properties". Ask your server admin which port it is.

@Molokax
    Don't put the port behind the IP.

So your AudioClient.properties should look like this:

Code:
    Server-IP=88.190.21.187
    Server-Port=25592
    @Etarus @Pie9075
    Wwhat does it say in the audio client?

24. Offline

omgmac

Every time I type /cm init it says a internal error occurred while attempting to perform this command
    heres what my server says

03:24:06 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'cm'
    in plugin CustomMusic v0.5
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
    at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:12
    8)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:2
    81)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.
    java:718)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:684)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:677)
    at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:32)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:217)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:401)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:311)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at de.WegFetZ.CustomMusic.Permission.permission(Permission.java:53)
    at de.WegFetZ.CustomMusic.CustomMusic.onCommand(CustomMusic.java:249)
    at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    ... 12 more

25. Offline

WegFetZ

Version 0.6

• added midi support
    • added command /cm boxlist [player] <page>
    • changed permission nodes: cm.upload is now replaced with cm.upload.mp3 and cm.upload.midi
    • added permission nodes: cm.boxlist.player, cm.MaxMidiSizeMB, cm.MaxMidiFiles check the how-to section for more info
    • changed /cm list [player] to /cm songlist [player] <page>
    • songlist now starts with number 1 (not 0)
    • fixed a few little bugs
    Unfortunately i can't get skipping in ogg files to work, so i won't add ogg support.

@omgmac
    Could you try version 0.6 and tell me if this still happens?

26. Offline

Molokax

Now it does not writes anything at all.
    [​IMG]

It must come from the configuration CustomMusic not?

Here it is:
    [​IMG]
    For the 'Server-Port' of CustomMusic, I write 4224 or 25592, it does the same thing.

27. Offline

WegFetZ

@Molokax
    Does it stay open or does it close itself?
    I don't think that this has something to do with the configuration of the plugin.
    Don't use the same port as you use for your minecraft server. If you use 4224 you need to set the same in the AudioClient.properties.
    The plugin and audioclient are completely independent of the port you have set for the minecraft server.

28. Offline

Molokax

In AudioClient.properties. I write port 25592 and write the configuration CustomMusic4224 and nothing happens: /
    I even opened the ports.
    Thanks you for your patience :)

29. Offline

WegFetZ

@Molokax
    Write port 4224 in AudioClient.properties.
    Not 25592, like i wrote a few posts above. My fault, sorry :D
    So it looks like this:
    Code:
    Server-IP=88.190.21.187
    Server-Port=4224

30. Offline

Molokax

It always writes nothing :confused:

31. Offline

kozuri

20:55:42 [SEVERE] java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
    20:55:42 [SEVERE] at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)
    20:55:42 [SEVERE] at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:182)
    20:55:42 [SEVERE] at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:370)
    20:55:42 [SEVERE] at de.WegFetZ.CustomMusic.songDelete.run(songDelete.java:38)
    20:59:34 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "uploadListener"
    20:59:34 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    20:59:34 [SEVERE] at de.WegFetZ.CustomMusic.uploadListener.run(uploadListener.java:48)

it seems to be very buggy. music lags and stops and starts ....
    noone can hear music execpt for op with *.* - permissions that created box. Other players' client is initialized.
    everyone can download mp3s but as i said none can hear music.

running with bukkit 860.

V 0.50 went fine :(