Inactive [FUN/RPG] Assassins 1.2.2 - Get paid to kill players [1.3.2-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by smilne74, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Offline

chrille

well i got this error with the new update.

2012-08-08 12:31:59 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PlayerJoinEvent to Assassins
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:332)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:477)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:462)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManagerAbstract.c(ServerConfigurationManagerAbstract.java:161)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManagerAbstract.a(ServerConfigurationManagerAbstract.java:92)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.d(NetLoginHandler.java:121)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.c(NetLoginHandler.java:41)
    at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServerConnectionThread.a(DedicatedServerConnectionThread.java:44)
    at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServerConnection.b(SourceFile:29)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:583)
    at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServer.q(DedicatedServer.java:212)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.p(MinecraftServer.java:476)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:408)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:539)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.netprogs.minecraft.plugins.assassins.listener.AutoContractListener.onPlayerJoinEvent(AutoContractListener.java:56)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:330)
    ... 14 more

is it any other plugin that makes this error occur because I have got this on other plugins too.

2. Offline

smilne74

Looks like you were upgrading from 1.1.0 which the old configuration doesn't properly work with the new build.

Delete your existing config.json and resources.json, then reload the server. This should create you the new configuration files and fix that problem for you.

3. Offline

chrille

4. Offline

Explo123

Im confused by the Blitz thing.. so someone uses a "blitz" they get to CHOOSE one of those things? And how does the negative effects work?
    Just really confused with all that blitz stuff in general.. I mean if u get ALL the blitz things, whats the point? 1 speed boost canceled out by 1 negative?
    Just loking for more xplanation in this area.... tnx!

5. Offline

smilne74

Hey,

In the configuration you determine which effects (both negative and positive) you want player to have when they activate their BLITZ attacks. When active, they gain all of the positive effects at once.

When their timer for the Blitz attack expires (also configurable), they lose all the positive one's and then the negative one's are applied (also all at once) for the same duration the positive one's would have applied.

I've realized since I released that build that the configuration doesn't really separate the differences well enough. I might consider changing that up a bit next release.

Hope that helps

6. Offline

smilne74

Released early minor bug fix build to support CB 1.3.1-R2.0.

Released custom build to support CB 1.3.2-R0.1. Use this build ONLY if you are running the current BETA of Bukkit.

See our Bukkit page for more details.

7. Offline

smilne74

Updated to support latest RB 1.3.2-R1.0

8. Offline

scumola

Hey. I'm getting that same error with the PlayerJoinEvent to Assassins:

11:41:30 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PlayerJoinEvent to Assassins v1.2.2
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:341)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:477)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:462)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManagerAbstract.c(ServerConfigurationManagerAbstract.java:162)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManagerAbstract.a(ServerConfigurationManagerAbstract.java:93)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.d(NetLoginHandler.java:132)
    at net.minecraft.server.NetLoginHandler.c(NetLoginHandler.java:45)
    at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServerConnectionThread.a(DedicatedServerConnectionThread.java:44)
    at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServerConnection.b(SourceFile:29)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.r(MinecraftServer.java:569)
    at net.minecraft.server.DedicatedServer.r(DedicatedServer.java:215)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.q(MinecraftServer.java:486)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:419)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:818)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.netprogs.minecraft.plugins.assassins.listener.AutoContractListener$1.compare(AutoContractListener.java:101)
    at com.netprogs.minecraft.plugins.assassins.listener.AutoContractListener$1.compare(AutoContractListener.java:1)
    at java.util.Arrays.mergeSort(Arrays.java:1270)
    at java.util.Arrays.sort(Arrays.java:1210)
    at java.util.Collections.sort(Collections.java:159)
    at com.netprogs.minecraft.plugins.assassins.listener.AutoContractListener.onPlayerJoinEvent(AutoContractListener.java:99)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:339)
    ... 14 more

Using the latest bukkit (git-Bukkit-1.3.2-R3.0-17-gd05957d-b2421jnks) which is really 1.4.2-R0.1 and the latest Assassin version (v1.2.2). Assassin works great, but the auto feature where a player gets a random chance to be a target is failing when it's enabled. Using the config.yml file that gets generated by default when the package gets installed/run for the first time with the bottom two examples removed. Here is the autocontract section of my config.yml file: https://gist.github.com/3995356

9. Offline

smilne74

Hey there,

On line 67 of your configuration you have an extra comma at the end of the line. When that happens the json loader tries to make a second object but can't because there isn't one there to use.

Easy fix (for now) is to remove the comma from the end (I tried it and worked). I will later on add a check there to make sure an error isn't thrown, but for now removing that comma should fix your problem.

Thanks!

10. It would be nice if the plugin broadcast new /kill requests. No one ever bothers to see whats available. too lazy...