Inactive [FUN] MuddersMilk - Add alcohol to your milk

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by nisovin, May 11, 2011.

1. Offline

nisovin

MuddersMilk
    "Add alcohol to your milk!"

Download: http://nisovin.com/MuddersMilk.jar
    Source: http://code.google.com/p/nisovin-minecraft-bukkit-plugins/source/browse/trunk/MuddersMilk/

This is a very simple plugin that adds drunken effects when you drink milk. The more milk you drink, the higher the chance the effects will occur! If you drink too much, you'll start to take damage due to alcohol poisoning. The current drunken effects are:
    • Minor staggering
    • Random chance to drop the item you're holding
    • Slurring your "s" in speech (WoW style)
    Usage

Right click while holding a milk bucket!

Configuration

When you start your server, a config.yml file will be created in the MuddersMilk folder of your plugins folder. I think the configuration options are pretty self-explanatory. All of the periodic effects have a base chance plus an additional chance per drunkenness level to occur. You gain one drunk level each time you drink a bucket of milk.

Video

Change Log

Version 1.7
    • Updated for Mincraft 1.3.1 (async chat)
    Version 1.6
    • Hopefully fixed a bug
    Version 1.5
    • Updated for new versions of CraftBukkit
    • Added vision-blur-duration-per-level option
    Version 1.4
    • Added configuration file
    Version 1.3
    • Fixed item duplication bug
    Version 1.2
    • Hopefully fixed the ConcurrentModificationException
    • Delayed the onset of alcohol poisoning slightly
    Version 1.1
    • You can milk cows without immediately drinking it now.
    Version 1.0
    • Release
    Requisite Youtube Link

inyourface23, 4ronie4, Lextao and 5 others like this.
  2. Offline

Opticalbay

Ha, I love it, is there any way to maybe bring up the nether look? Like when your going threw a portal, That! would be awesome actually when your going threw a portal and press F1 The purple goes away and looks just like your drunk, Or something ^_^ Anyways I still love the plugin!

Just noticed that someones already thought of that, My bad :p

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2016
  3. Offline

rhinorulz

this may have been already requested, but is there some way you could make it so that I can still have regular milk and mudders milk? I understand that a aditional item number would have to be added. I understand that this may cause problems for you, and would understand if you need to add a dependicy to do this. I also understand that some people will not want regular milk, so have this funcionality togabble(sp).

4. Offline

nisovin

Regular milk doesn't do anything. The milk will still work in cakes, which is its only purpose currently. But anyway, no, this isn't possible. If you want regular milk, you'll have to uninstall the plugin.

5. Offline

BioRage

Bump for great plugin/

6. Offline

ikki97

7. Offline

BioRage

Amazing Plugin.

8. Offline

pacmanjones

I really like the plugin, but I would LOVE it if some things were different.
    First of all, I would just like to say that on my server the drunken effect has very little screen "swaying" and consists mainly of dropping items and lagging around. I'm assuming this is how it's meant to be?

I would really like it if the effect consisted more of screen swaying (kind of like the nether look as previously mentioned) and less lagging around. Actually, I really just want more screen swaying. Is this something you might be interested in?

9. Offline

Thatpyrodude

[SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\MuddersMilk.jar' in folder 'plugins':
    java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:59)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:194)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:117)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:109)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:232)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:219)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:146)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:283)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

please help

10. Offline

LucidLethargy

Is it possible to add the portal effect to a player? Because that would make this plugin freaking amazing... not only would we be forced to act drunk, but we would downright feel drunk.

11. Offline

nisovin

No, it is not possible to create the portal effect. It would be cool, yes, but it's not possible.

12. Offline

GreyHat64

Could you possibly add Permissions group detection? Like, if a player is in a certain group, they don't get affected by certain drunk effects, such as alcohol poisoning. Thanks.

13. Offline

br0ad456

AWESOME!!!!! guna use this!

14. Offline

Thatpyrodude

can you help me?

15. Offline

nisovin

I really don't know what would cause that error. It looks like it could be a bad download, have you tried downloading it again?

16. Offline

Thatpyrodude

yes do you think it is uncompatable with another plugin?

17. Offline

compgurusteve

Anyway to toggle "Theatre mode" when you drink milk? :) Would make it perfectly non-soberish.

18. Offline

Tealk

git-Bukkit-0.0.0-889-g22f4388-b928jnks (MC: 1.6.6)
    i bocome this error

Code:
    2011-06-25 04:01:22 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/MuddersMilk.jar' in folder 'plugins':
    unacceptable character #FFFD special characters are not allowed
    in "<reader>", position 217
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.reader.StreamReader.checkPrintable(StreamReader.java:68)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.reader.StreamReader.update(StreamReader.java:159)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.reader.StreamReader.peek(StreamReader.java:117)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.reader.StreamReader.peek(StreamReader.java:106)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.scanToNextToken(ScannerImpl.java:964)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.fetchMoreTokens(ScannerImpl.java:237)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerImpl.checkToken(ScannerImpl.java:183)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseImplicitDocumentStart.produce(ParserImpl.java:200)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:163)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:148)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:104)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:124)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:264)
        at org.bukkit.util.config.Configuration.load(Configuration.java:82)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.initialize(JavaPlugin.java:157)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:175)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:194)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:117)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:118)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:89)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:52)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:132)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:335)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

19. Offline

nisovin

It seems you have a disallowed character in your config file.

20. Offline

Tealk

ok i have use a "ΓΌ"

21. Offline

LordDead1233

I love this plugin very funny if I say sit down.....
    but I just have one suggestion.
    maybe can you add that if you are poisoned you are getting bit damage over time.

22. Offline

kheatsopon

Add Cure?

23. Offline

cholo71796

1.6 patch notes:
    "You no longer spout profanity when talking about sitting while drunk."

Did you remember to adjust for this? Blizzard did. (Gosh, old patch notes are hard to dig up.)

24. Offline

Trainerdusk

Just to let you know, I dont seem to be able to consume the buckets when using the Milkahol, nor does anyone else on my server. I can give you a list of plugins running on my server if you want and I made sure the config is set so
    destroy-bucket-on-use: true
    Any ideas or do you need more info?
    Also this is a fantastic plugin and everyone on the server loves it :)

25. Offline

rex902134

hey! this is awesome plugin, i had been looking for beer mods for my pub on my server its going we;;, but why not make a separate drink that is beer? its just that there are no beer plugins around so it would be nice. just a suggestion, maby its too hard? ill understand if it is :)

26. Offline

Greylocke

everything that you see in minecraft comes from your client. So if an item like beer were to be added, then it would need to be added to your client. Just adding the 'beer item' and the necessary code to the server wouldn't work 'cuz your client wouldn't know what to do with it.

With clientside mods comes a whole layer of additional complication that few plugin developers want to deal with. That is why developers take an existing in-game item (like milk) and make it behave in a different way. It is LOT easier to do that than to add a new item.

rex902134 likes this.
  27. Offline

TomCamavi

This plugin is awesome! Visual effect would be even better! I'm really no good with java but maybe there's a way you could get the purple swirl effect from the nether portal to play continuously when you get really drunk. That would be really fun! :D

28. Offline

BoMeR

Does it work with bukkit 1000 ?

29. Offline

rex902134

i wondered if it was too hard, thanks for explaining.

30. Offline

Joggal

Can you add that to an Mushroom Soup?
    Cause on a bar there it is better wiht Soups the buckets are to expansive. :p
    That will be very nice. And not much to edit on your plugin.

31. Offline

BoMeR

Hm i think it is not a good idea because the mushroom soup is usefull to heal you... Whereas when you right click on a milk bucket, nothing happens !

By the way, i have a question : Is it normal I can't translate the message "You are now sober." ?
    The orthers translations work but not this message...

Futhermore, I think it is impossible but could you add the F8 effect when you are drunk ?