[FUN] MobArena v0.96.8 - Become a mob-fighting gladiator! [1.7.x, 1.8.x]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by garbagemule, May 30, 2011.

1. Offline

garbagemule

[​IMG]

MobArena - Become a mob-fighting gladiator!
    [​IMG] Latest build: v0.96.7 (1.7.x)
    [​IMG] Wiki
    [​IMG] IRC Channel
    [​IMG] Source

BukkitDev Project Page - Find MobArena on dev.bukkit.org here: LINK.

------------------------------

Old description (open)
    If you enjoy fighting monsters for glorious prizes or just the sheer thrill of battle, you and your friends can now join forces against hordes of Minecraft evils in the exciting gladiator-style survival mini-game MobArena!

Heavily inspired by Deminetix' Fight-plugin, MobArena is a PvE-take on arena-gameplay, with a similar class-based system. Instead of fighting other players, you team up with them to beat oncoming waves of monsters, earning rewards in the process. MobArena can be played alone, or with as many friends as you like!

Features:
    • Fight oncoming waves of monsters
    • Play alone or team up with friends
    • Earn glorious prizes
    • Customizable classes, rewards and waves
    • Easy to set up
    • Extremely easy to use
    • Very few user commands
    • Supports Permissions and all major economies
    • Supports Spout
    • Supports Heroes
    Note: When you post a bug report, please provide a stacktrace/error from the server log/console window. Post this stacktrace in either a pastebin, a pastie, or a CODE-block! The same applies for config-files, permissions-files, etc! Please don't put them directly in your posts, as they become gigantic and annoying to read. If you don't follow this guideline, I might ignore your post!

Wiki - Instructions, commands, FAQ, etc.
    I have set up a Wiki for MobArena. It contains a bunch of information and guides on how to set up and customize arenas, an overview of all the commands, how to set up Permissions, as well as frequently asked questions.

New: MobArena now has its own IRC channel (#mobarena @ EsperNet). Click here for a web-based IRC client. Feel free to stop by to get help setting everything up if you really don't understand the Wiki and the instructional video, or to have a chat about MobArena (or anything else, for that matter) :)

Relevant links:
    Videos:
    Getting started with MobArena, by Flamers
    Flamers made this really easy-to-follow, simple video of how to get started with MobArena. It covers installing the plugin, defining an arena region and setting up basic leaderboards, as well as a few pointers for arena design.
    Old instructional video (open)
    Instructional video for setting up MobArena:

Note: This video was made for v0.67, but all the in-game instructions still work the same for the latest versions. The config-file has changed, so make sure to read the Wiki on how to set it up.
    More Videos (open)
    Review of MobArena by plugin reviewer jamescosten (v0.84):

Note: My nickname "garbagemule" is pronounced "garbage mule", as in "trash donkey" ;)

Hilarious showcase of MobArena by Daniel James and Daniel Cherry (v0.92.3):

Delios showing off his beautiful arena setup:

slowmonkey1227 in his interesting "island" arena: YouTube
    French video by avalondrey (v0.87.3): YouTube
    German video by blutherz and his friends (v0.91.2): YouTube

Troubleshooting:
    To avoid wasting not only your own time, but mine as well, I expect everyone to do some extensive troubleshooting before posting bug reports. What does this mean?

Try MobArena on a fresh server.
    MobArena works perfectly fine when I release it. Sure, there are a few bugs, but it works. If it doesn't work for you, something is most likely wrong on your end. Set up a local test-server, and verify that MobArena works before claiming that it doesn't. When you have verified that MobArena does indeed work, you can start adding other plugins and settings until something conflicts.

Disable other plugins.
    The first thing you need to do is disable all other plugins. If you can't reproduce the bug with other plugins disabled, you know that you have a conflicting plugin. Now perform a binary search on the other plugins, or if you don't know how to do that, just add a couple of plugins back to the plugins-folder, try to reproduce the bug, and if you can't, the conflicting plugin must be in the remaining set of plugins.

Write down reproduction steps.
    Figure out the exact steps to reproduce/trigger the bug. I need precise steps, and as much information as possible, because there are often many things that could be going on. An example of reproduction steps could be:
    1. Type /ma join
    2. Punch the Archer class sign
    3. Wait for someone else to join
    4. Punch the iron block
    5. Type /ma leave before the other player picks a class

Check the console window/server.log
    Make sure you check the server.log file for any MobArena errors or exceptions. If you find any, copy the ENTIRE exception (including all the lines that say "at com.garbagemule.MobArena...") and paste it (with the other information) in a CODE-tag here in the thread.

Donations:
    I develop MobArena for the fun of it and the positive feedback is all it takes to make me happy, but a few people have asked for a link, so if you're one of them, here's a link: Donate - You can donate as much as you want, even down to a few cents! If I get enough donations, I will spend the money on an extra Minecraft account to aid me in developing/testing/debugging MobArena :)

Changelog:

Version 0.94.3.24
    • Updated for CB 1337.
    • The repair-delay node is now unused! The reason for this is that it is now possible (with the release of 1317) to cancel block damage in explosions, and still retain the animation and sound! This also means that arenas should be fully pistons-compatible (for arenas that don't use soft-restore or force-restore)! I'm hoping to see some screenshots and videos of shifting arenas! :)
    • You can now right-click signs in the lobby! I finally found a super easy solution to the improperly updating inventory issue with right-clicking class signs. The result is that players can now left- or right-click as they please. This should solve all issues related to players not being able to choose classes, due to spawn region and WorldGuard/Factions/whatever conflicts.
    • It is no longer possible to warp out of the lobby.
    • New per-arena setting: final-wave - Allows for setting a final wave, meaning on that wave, the arena will end, regardless of how many players are alive.
    Version 0.94.3.11 (open)

• v0.94.3.11 - Updated Register, built against CB 1240.
    • v0.94.3.8 - Added basic leaderboards.
    • v0.94.3.6 - Fixed MagicSpells support - MobArena no longer supports MagicSpells pre-v1.1!
    • v0.94.3.5 - Fixed a bunch of bugs introduced with CB 1185, as well as a couple of minor MobArena bugs.
    • Updated for CraftBukkit #1185
    • Updated economy support (now supports iConomy 6).
    • Added the three new mob types, Enderman/Endermen, CaveSpider/CaveSpiders, Silverfish. They can be used just like the other mob types in the waves.
    • Endermen cannot pick up arena blocks (this is why).
    • Endermen cannot place blocks in arena regions.
    • The per-class permission syntax has been fixed and changed slightly. The Wiki has been updated (clicky).
    • Fixed MagicSpells issues.
    Version 0.94.2 (open)

• Redstone circuits now work properly in arenas.
    • Lightning now properly strikes on spawnpoints on special waves.
    • Fixed an issue where players somehow warping/cheating out of the arena world get kicked from the server when discovered.
    • Added MagicSpells support. Use the magicspells.yml file to ban certain spells from the arena either for the whole session, or only during boss waves.
    • Fixed the Heroes death conflict. MobArena and Heroes should now play nice together. Further Heroes support is planned for upcoming releases.
    • [COLOR=#1000000]MobArena will no longer support the discontinued Permissions 2.x and 3.x permission systems.[/COLOR] Recommended permissions systems include PermissionsBukkit (defacto standard) or PermissionsEX.
    Version 0.94.1 (open)

• Added two new boss abilities: 'shuffle-positions' and 'flood'. Try them out!
    • Players disconnecting/crashing during an arena session no longer get corrupted data files due to economy rewards.
    • Weapon durability is now correctly set to "unlimited".
    • Item sub-types (cocoa beans, bonemeal, colored wool, etc.) now work again.
    • Players can no longer join the arena without first picking a class.
    • MobArena now works with spawn-monsters=false again.
    Version 0.94 (open)

• Completely revamped the waves system! Undeniably the biggest feature in MobArena since multiple arenas in v0.92, the new customizable waves are guaranteed to bring much more awesomeness to your MobArenas. The waves system brings two new wave types, swarm waves and boss waves. The latter is a very elaborate feature, and the whole waves system has been given its own page on the Wiki. Note: MobArena will ignore all old wave settings, but use sane defaults.
    • Revamped the logging system. Instead of logging: true, you can now use logging: yml/xml. The logging system will now keep track of the last session only, but also maintain a collection of 'totals' for each arena. The idea behind these easy-to-parse files is making the stats available on server web pages.
    • Added SuperPerms/PermissionsBukkit support. Note that specifying mobarena.arenas.* and mobarena.classes.* probably won't work, but these nodes are given to everyone by default.
    • Added Spout support. Currently, the only Spouty thing MobArena does is print (some) announcements as notifications/achievements. This should limit the amount of "chat spam" that MobArena produces. Other Spout-features are planned, but don't expect something crazy. Note that MobArena does NOT require Spout!
    • Monsters will no longer target pet wolves. This is a major nerf to pet classes, but they were very overpowered as it was.
    • Fixed item amounts greater than 64 sometimes bugging out. You should now be able to put arrow:1024 for your Archer classes :)
    • Fixed players losing their stored items and/or earned rewards upon disconnecting from the arena.
    • Fixed blocks not restoring when burned by fire.
    • Fixed an issue with entry fees. They should no longer cause any problems.
    • Fixed slimes. That's right! Slimes that spawn as a result of bigger slimes splitting upon death are now considered arena monsters. This also means that Slimes no longer drop slime balls; as intended.
    • Revamped the repairing algorithm. It is now MUCH more sophisticated, and is capable of repairing not only signs and containers, but also torches, doors and beds. Redstone -should- repair properly as well, but it is still slightly buggy.
    • Added support for restorable containers. Registered chests, dispensers, and furnaces will have their contents stored upon arena start, and restored at arena end. This is useful for providing the arena players with chests with e.g. upgrades or food.
    • Added new commands (for the feature above) - /ma addcontainer <name>, /ma delcontainer <name>, /ma containers. These commands work much like the the spawnpoint commands. To add a container, simply look at the container and type /ma addcontainer <name>.
    Changelog (continued)

apes, chakyl, Steffion and 64 others like this.
  2. Offline

hiro24

That won't work.. let me explain what I'm trying to do.. I make a lot of dungeons to run through on my server. It occurred to me that MobArena would be perfect for it. I could make the entire dungeon 1 big arena, so I could limit how many ppl join at a time. I could put all the "trash mobs" in the "lobby", which would be the biggest part of the dungeon, and the iron block to punch all the way at the end. Once they hit it, they start the boss enounter.. 2 or 3 waves and a boss. If they succeed in killing the boss, they could get teleported to the "spectator" arena behind him for the prize, or to complete the quest or whatever. I mean, it's an absolutely perfect setup! I can actually have challenging bosses at the end of a dungeon. The only thing missing in the equation is having a set number of waves only.

@garbagemule what are the chances of a feature like that.. only x number of waves.. making it into the next release, or even a dev build?

3. Offline

Flamers

4. Offline

garbagemule

@spurf - Set up your permissions.

@jeranamo - Like Flamers said, you probably confused the commands and borked something up.

@Sepulzera - What if people like the way it works now? This whole "you should" thing is getting pretty annoying (it's not just you), as some of these things are by design - it's impossible to please all of you, because everyone wants something different. Next time, ask if there's a chance I could add a setting for it - in the meantime, use FastFood.

@grindle2000 - It's easy to throw the blame-ball around to other plugin developers, but there are quite a few multiworld plugins that work splendidly with MobArena, and they load their worlds before anything else loads - just like they're supposed to. I don't know what excuse the XcraftGate developer has for delaying the loading, but it's either because he doesn't know how, or because it's a workaround for something else he doesn't know how to do. Minecraft automatically loads all its worlds on startup, so I don't know what he's doing wrong, but he's definitely doing something wrong :) MobArena shouldn't listen for world load events, quite simply because all the worlds should have loaded before CraftBukkit even begins to load plugins.

@nuksrule - Okay?

@kyozo_43 - Using XcraftGate? If so, I think grindle2000 found out that the best way to handle the weird world loading behaviour of XcraftGate is to simply reload plugins after XcraftGate is done messing around. As for random waves - not possible atm, sorry.

@hiro24 - Chance for this to be possible in the next release is 30% or something, I'd say. Obviously it's going to be in a dev build before it's in a release, but I have 0 time for this stuff lately, so I'm not going to be adding any new features for a while. Sorry :(

In other news

MobArena started out as a fun project for me to try making it easier for me and my friends to venture out and slay monsters in Minecraft. Due to everyone quitting, university work taking up more and more time, and the fact that I don't actually play Minecraft myself anymore, MobArena has become an annoying chore moreso than a fun hobby; I'm just not doing it for me anymore. I simply don't enjoy developing it, and it seems impossible to please everyone. Whatever I do, I have someone complaining about something (by this I don't mean humble feature requests and bug reports, btw, so please don't feel bad, those of you who are always kind and appreciative :)), and it's also getting increasingly frustrating to come up with workarounds due to arrogance or incompetence of other plugin developers, who either don't want to do things properly, or don't know how the Bukkit API is meant to be used. Furthermore, it looks like it doesn't matter how many questions I answer in the Wiki or the FAQ, some people just don't read them; instead they come on IRC and demand me to explain everything.

As a result of all this, I'm very seriously contemplating shutting down the project. If there are any competent developers out there, with the same drive and passion as I started out with, and the same notion of performance and optimization as me, I'd be more than willing to give a thorough rundown of the inner workings, so someone else could take it over. It's undoubtedly one of the plugins on here with the most potential to become absolutely amazing, but my drive is more or less gone by now.

Anyway, I won't be terminating the project until I either have it in a stable enough state that it doesn't need any more bug fixes, or until a developer fit for the job comes along, so no need to worry about it going inactive yet :)

Edit: To those of you this may upset or offend, please take a moment to consider whether you are actually part of the "bad" user base or not - more than likely, if you're reading all of this, you aren't. I realize that there will always be bad apples in a user base, and those bad apples rarely ever read what I post anyway. I also realize that I shouldn't let them get to me, but I can't help it. I want to help everyone have a good time with my plugin, and when people are either condescending or disrespectful towards me (as if I'm their slave or something), it just upsets me, and I have a very hard time just ignoring/kicking people, and even when I do, I always feel bad about it :(

5. Offline

Delois

@Flamers - I am trying to make a very good visual arena, is world guard and it just not work?

@garbagemule - I am very sad to hear that and wish you the best of luck. Wish I knew how to help. I remember seeing this plugin start out and see how it has become great. Thank you for all your hard work and an original plugin.

6. Offline

BadDog

@garbagemule
    Delois put it right, I am sad too to see this has come to this. I'm glad that you wish to develop it at least to the point where it will be quite stable, though. I have seen the same thing happen to the original pailstone developer where he couldn't follow the blind changes and depreciating from the bukkit team having him recode everything nearly every version and finally gave up. Having great plugins stop that way is too bad, but it's life.

I understand that users can be tiring with endless questions (and I'm sorry to have to report here sometimes for help too). I just didn't know that it was the same with some plugin developers. I can only advise to take things with distance: there always will be people complaining or not reading wiki/setup guides, so letting them whine and not coming here so often might help you deal with all this too. And you're quite lucky too, since your threads are really the ones I see with the less whining and the most help from other users. I'm sure people won't get mad to see you continue the developing as a hobby and have updates at a far less frequent rate, you know. If they do, well I hope it won't get to you, since you're really trying hard to give us a great plugin and that it's not a crucial matter to worry about.

I am also quite sad to read that you don't play Minecraft that much, well that's your life of course :p but I was glad to see you come on our server or to know that you enjoyed the game. It's sure that if you don't develop it with you and your friends in mind any longer, it won't be the same for this plugin's future.

Anyway, be sure that I'm not questioning your decision at all, it's a logic choice after all. It's already great that you have been able to develop it this far and even that you plan on getting it to the next level where it can run stable. I know what you might be living with exams at the moment since I had to tone down some of my personal activities too back when I was in exams period. So I wish you the best of luck with that, and once again: don't worry about us, or the ones complaining. We're not important and we should be treated like your hobby's enjoyers, that's all. From now on, take your time, enjoy it, and if you still wish to pass the project on to someone else, which is the best solution I think, so be it!

I wanted to wait until I gave you the screenshots of our new arena, but it might help cheering you up, so I'm sending them to you! :oops:

By the way, even if you don't play Minecraft anymore, know that you're now a permanent member of our server, if one day you wish to play a bit with us, you're the most welcome! ;) That's the least I can do to thank you for all this!

7. Offline

garbagemule

@Delois - Sorry that I completely forgot your post! Try the latest dev build, and just make sure soft-restore and force-restore are both false. Blocks won't blow up anymore, i.e. nothing needs to be repaired :) Thanks for your kind words, and as with BadDog and many other kind people on here, please don't feel like you're part of the "bad" user base, because you are not :)

@BadDog - Please don't feel like you're part of the user base that's driving me away from developing MobArena, because you, and a lot of other people posting here frequently, are in a whole other category - the people that keep me hanging around. If it wasn't for you guys, I would have probably just given up long ago, when I stopped using it myself. It's the fact that there are nice, thoughtful, and appreciative people out there that makes it difficult to just say "screw it" and forget about it - not in a bad way, though. If no one will take over, I will keep supporting the plugin and updating for new Minecraft releases, but the feature set will probably not be extended any further.

BadDog likes this.
  8. Offline

BadDog

No problem at all, just don't feel like you're compelled to do it if you don't wish to! Thanks for the kind words too! :D

9. Offline

Krapinou

there is a problem with the "health : low" ?
    Because my chicken is like a god (psycho)

10. Offline

BadDog

I have myself a chicken boss, and I wonder if it's not related to its small hitbox. Every other boss with health:low doesn't seem godlike.

11. Offline

desicions

I did generate an arena called arena1, now when I try to /ma join, it tells me to specify an arena... wut

12. Offline

Flamers

@desicions If you have two arenas you need to tell it which one you want to join... Seriously it's not hard.

13. Offline

Delois

Thanks! Not 100% sure you understood what I was saying though based on your response. I want my arena to be slowly destroyed during battle other than the outside walls to be protected by worldguard. (can't use bedrock or obs due to design). Force restore needs to be on do the arena rebuilds itself after the match. (force restore has some issues with water, but I'll look into the details at another time for helping you replicate.) At work right now, do you have any other videos with a destroy able arena? It adds a great new feel to the game! Gota not let creepers blow up at rhe wrong areas! I think I will add a couple underground lava pits... *evil laugh*

Fun fact: my arena has a self destruct that you can press if you want a rough start! I am working on a method that spectators can mess with the people in the arena with redstone and pistions! Still the same pyramid, but I want chaos!

Edit: will rest dev build still when I get home, very possible I am confused.
    Edit2: thought of a new boss ability for you or dev that takes over. Blood moon server mod has zombies that breaks through blocks to get to target. Maybe something like that would be cool. No rush, just came to mind so I thought I'd say. May make it so I done need to worry about building classes anymore xD

BadDog likes this.
  14. Offline

desicions

It is.. Idk how to do that..

15. Offline

Flamers

@desicions How about you read the wiki? :| Seriously try and help yourself, the internet won't spoon feed you, neither will life.

16. Offline

LukeD1994

Loving this mode really, I recently rebuilt the nazi zombies map Nacht Der Untoten (first one, the airfield)
    for this :)

I have only one problem, the leaderboard isn't a "leaderboard"
    as such, it only tracks the last played game, which is cool. But I was hoping it would track more than one player, coz I got to wave 9 on my own then a friend got to round 7 and his score replaced mine :(

Any ideas on what can be done about this? Or will I just have to make do?

17. Offline

Flamers

@LukeD1994 It might be updated in future but currently there is nothing that can be done

18. Offline

kyozo_43

WOO! FIRST TIME OF BEING ON THESE FORUMS THAT I'VE GOTTEN A POST ON THE TOP OF A PAGE :D
    haha ok, I didn't think you could :p
    I'll figure something out!
    What is XcraftGate? I have never used it before. As a matter of fact, I do not have any other plugins going with MobArena. :confused:
    I am also dearly sorry you do not enjoy working on this plugin due to busy-ness. Although, much like BadDog, I agree that I am happy for you to be working on it up until a stable enough state! :cool:
    If only I knew how to code. :mad:
    haha ok, I didn't think you could :p
    I'll figure something out!
    What is XcraftGate? I have never used it before. As a matter of fact, I do not have any other plugins going with MobArena. :confused:
    I am also dearly sorry you do not enjoy working on this plugin due to busy-ness. Although, much like BadDog, I agree that I am happy for you to be working on it up until a stable enough state! :cool:
    If only I knew how to code. :mad:
    Like Flamers said -
    Here is the such hard to find link - https://github.com/garbagemule/MobArena/wiki/Setting-up-additional-arenas

19. Offline

Delois

Just tested the dev build, it did not fix the issue but I think we had some miscommunication, see my previous post for details :D.

20. Offline

BadDog

I see I'm not the only one with that idea haha! Ours can also self destruct whenever you want to give a little more challenge. Spectators can also unleash 300 arrows on the arena, spread randomly :D I think what could be nice is to find a way to let the spectators decide the fate of the fighters, like ancient arenas! A sort of vote which might decide whether to unleash a huge catastrophe on the arena or allow the fighters to end earlier (or even start a healing period on them).

Also, don't forget that garbagemule is in a seriously busy period. I think it might be a good idea to let him breathe a bit, and let him do the changes when he can! But of course, providing useful info to help him out is a good way to help! ;)

21. Offline

kyozo_43

Sorry Garbagemule and Flamers, but I have another problem ... everything is working, I've set my arena and lobby and spectator room and spawn points up, and /ma join works (it takes me to lobby). But when I try to punch the class signs, it doesn't give me anything (as if I haven't punched the sign at all). I tried making myself op, and that worked, but I'm not going to give everyone who comes on my server op status (creative mode, /give commands, etc.)
    How do I fix this?
    config.yml - http://www.filedropper.com/showdownload.php/config_29

----- EDIT -----
    SELF FIXED
    For anyone else who is having this problem, edit bukkit.yml and change spawn-radius: 0
    (I should've read the FAQ, sorry Garbagemule :p)

22. Offline

Alarmclock314

Both have probably been mentioned but:
    - Ladders in the arena destroyed by explosions are not repaired.
    - No spider jockey mob?

23. Offline

Flamers

@Alarmclock314 Get the newest dev build

Spider jockeys aren't actually a mob they are more of a glitch in many ways. Notch left it in as they are rare but challenging and don't break the game. (For my understanding)

24. Offline

Apasalic

It seems to be annoying with a class I have(ENGINEER) He carries TNT(5 blocks) and people tend to use them to either create a tower so they can be protected... OR BARRICADE THEMSELVES...

Can you make it so they can only place 1 blocks? and not blocks on top of blocks? If you know what I mean..

Basically: So players can't build more TNT blocks onto or sideways. If I plant a tnt block, and I want another one IT MUST BE 1 BLOCK AWAY FROM THE TNT I planted, and so on.. it just feels annoying when they cheat.. :/

25. Offline

Delois

Tried to use multi world perms using Pex and found the multi world perms not working. Talked to some people on the irc and it looks like it may be a bug, here is a pastebin of my member perms so you can see what I was doing. Looks like MA was defaulting to the default permissions even if I have it in another world.

http://pastebin.com/q0e7VBgq

(I am a pain in the ass! sorry!)

26. Offline

Apasalic

I should remind you that the MAX-IDLE-TIME doesn't work as if a archer gets some blocks he can just build a tower and shoot down and kill

27. I'm not 100% sure what the exact issue is you are referring to (sorry about that), but the permissions snippit you linked to has a problem. Under the Test world line (is the world name in all caps elsewhere in the file and server setup?),the - mobarena.classes.* line will be found before the - mobarena.classes.Admin, allowing access to the admin commands. PEX looks at permissions top down, like a firewall. If your issue is players being able to access the admin commands, chances are that is part of the problem, if not the entire one. :)

28. Offline

BadDog

Well, you added the permissions related to MobArena in the part concerning your world named "TEST" and only this one. Therefore, if you want permissions to work on other worlds, you have to duplicate these permissions for every world where you want these to apply. If you want each and every one of your worlds to have the same permissions, use global permissions (not specific to a certain world in particular).

If you want an example, our server has five worlds on it. I never set a single permission just for one world only, since we don't feel like restricting certain features on one world or allowing it on another. So basically at the end of your list of permissions for your "Member" class, append the ones from MobArena that you want your players to have, like so:

After this (in your config you pasted) :
    - commandbook.msg
    - towny.spawntp
    - welcomegift.*
    Add:
    - mobarena.arenas.*
    - mobarena.classes.*
    - mobarena.use.*

You don't need to specify the line " - -mobarena.classes.Admin". If you don't grant them the admin permissions, they won't have them. No need to write that you remove these. In fact, the use of removing specifically a permission is useful when the default behaviour is to have this permission. An example: by default, everybody, even the admins, are targets for mobs. To change this default behaviour to not being a target, simply add "-modifyworld.mobtarget.*". But as having admin rights is not a default behaviour, you don't have to add this line.

Your understanding of the per-world permissions is right otherwise. Your lockette and tombstone permissions are relevant in a survival world only and not in a creative one. So unless you want to restrict the use of MobArena for the world TEST only, but it doesn't seem so from your previous post, you'll have to move them to the upper part, like I wrote earlier.

I hope this helped a bit.

29. Offline

Nickexp

AWSOME!I GOT IT TO WORK ALL I DID WAS GET PERMISSIONS YETI

30. Offline

leithal7

Great plugin! the video makes it very easy to set up, and i had the arena running in 5 minutes.

Flamers likes this.
  31. Offline

Subrosa20

Bossen won't work for me. I just get a random wave instead of my defined boss.

here's my config. Someone help?

Code:
    # MobArena v0.94.3.11 - Config-file
    # Read the Wiki for details on how to set up this file: http://goo.gl/F5TTc
    # Note: You -must- use spaces instead of tabs!
    global-settings:
        enabled: true
        allowed-commands: /list, /pl
        update-notification: true
    classes:
        Knight:
            items: diamond_sword, grilled_pork:2
            armor: 306,307,308,309
        Tank:
            items: iron_sword, grilled_pork:3, apple
            armor: 310,311,312,313
        Archer: