[FUN] MobArena v0.96.8 - Become a mob-fighting gladiator! [1.7.x, 1.8.x]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by garbagemule, May 30, 2011.

1. Offline

garbagemule

[​IMG]

MobArena - Become a mob-fighting gladiator!
    [​IMG] Latest build: v0.96.7 (1.7.x)
    [​IMG] Wiki
    [​IMG] IRC Channel
    [​IMG] Source

BukkitDev Project Page - Find MobArena on dev.bukkit.org here: LINK.

------------------------------

Old description (open)
    If you enjoy fighting monsters for glorious prizes or just the sheer thrill of battle, you and your friends can now join forces against hordes of Minecraft evils in the exciting gladiator-style survival mini-game MobArena!

Heavily inspired by Deminetix' Fight-plugin, MobArena is a PvE-take on arena-gameplay, with a similar class-based system. Instead of fighting other players, you team up with them to beat oncoming waves of monsters, earning rewards in the process. MobArena can be played alone, or with as many friends as you like!

Features:
    • Fight oncoming waves of monsters
    • Play alone or team up with friends
    • Earn glorious prizes
    • Customizable classes, rewards and waves
    • Easy to set up
    • Extremely easy to use
    • Very few user commands
    • Supports Permissions and all major economies
    • Supports Spout
    • Supports Heroes
    Note: When you post a bug report, please provide a stacktrace/error from the server log/console window. Post this stacktrace in either a pastebin, a pastie, or a CODE-block! The same applies for config-files, permissions-files, etc! Please don't put them directly in your posts, as they become gigantic and annoying to read. If you don't follow this guideline, I might ignore your post!

Wiki - Instructions, commands, FAQ, etc.
    I have set up a Wiki for MobArena. It contains a bunch of information and guides on how to set up and customize arenas, an overview of all the commands, how to set up Permissions, as well as frequently asked questions.

New: MobArena now has its own IRC channel (#mobarena @ EsperNet). Click here for a web-based IRC client. Feel free to stop by to get help setting everything up if you really don't understand the Wiki and the instructional video, or to have a chat about MobArena (or anything else, for that matter) :)

Relevant links:
    Videos:
    Getting started with MobArena, by Flamers
    Flamers made this really easy-to-follow, simple video of how to get started with MobArena. It covers installing the plugin, defining an arena region and setting up basic leaderboards, as well as a few pointers for arena design.
    Old instructional video (open)
    Instructional video for setting up MobArena:

Note: This video was made for v0.67, but all the in-game instructions still work the same for the latest versions. The config-file has changed, so make sure to read the Wiki on how to set it up.
    More Videos (open)
    Review of MobArena by plugin reviewer jamescosten (v0.84):

Note: My nickname "garbagemule" is pronounced "garbage mule", as in "trash donkey" ;)

Hilarious showcase of MobArena by Daniel James and Daniel Cherry (v0.92.3):

Delios showing off his beautiful arena setup:

slowmonkey1227 in his interesting "island" arena: YouTube
    French video by avalondrey (v0.87.3): YouTube
    German video by blutherz and his friends (v0.91.2): YouTube

Troubleshooting:
    To avoid wasting not only your own time, but mine as well, I expect everyone to do some extensive troubleshooting before posting bug reports. What does this mean?

Try MobArena on a fresh server.
    MobArena works perfectly fine when I release it. Sure, there are a few bugs, but it works. If it doesn't work for you, something is most likely wrong on your end. Set up a local test-server, and verify that MobArena works before claiming that it doesn't. When you have verified that MobArena does indeed work, you can start adding other plugins and settings until something conflicts.

Disable other plugins.
    The first thing you need to do is disable all other plugins. If you can't reproduce the bug with other plugins disabled, you know that you have a conflicting plugin. Now perform a binary search on the other plugins, or if you don't know how to do that, just add a couple of plugins back to the plugins-folder, try to reproduce the bug, and if you can't, the conflicting plugin must be in the remaining set of plugins.

Write down reproduction steps.
    Figure out the exact steps to reproduce/trigger the bug. I need precise steps, and as much information as possible, because there are often many things that could be going on. An example of reproduction steps could be:
    1. Type /ma join
    2. Punch the Archer class sign
    3. Wait for someone else to join
    4. Punch the iron block
    5. Type /ma leave before the other player picks a class

Check the console window/server.log
    Make sure you check the server.log file for any MobArena errors or exceptions. If you find any, copy the ENTIRE exception (including all the lines that say "at com.garbagemule.MobArena...") and paste it (with the other information) in a CODE-tag here in the thread.

Donations:
    I develop MobArena for the fun of it and the positive feedback is all it takes to make me happy, but a few people have asked for a link, so if you're one of them, here's a link: Donate - You can donate as much as you want, even down to a few cents! If I get enough donations, I will spend the money on an extra Minecraft account to aid me in developing/testing/debugging MobArena :)

Changelog:

Version 0.94.3.24
    • Updated for CB 1337.
    • The repair-delay node is now unused! The reason for this is that it is now possible (with the release of 1317) to cancel block damage in explosions, and still retain the animation and sound! This also means that arenas should be fully pistons-compatible (for arenas that don't use soft-restore or force-restore)! I'm hoping to see some screenshots and videos of shifting arenas! :)
    • You can now right-click signs in the lobby! I finally found a super easy solution to the improperly updating inventory issue with right-clicking class signs. The result is that players can now left- or right-click as they please. This should solve all issues related to players not being able to choose classes, due to spawn region and WorldGuard/Factions/whatever conflicts.
    • It is no longer possible to warp out of the lobby.
    • New per-arena setting: final-wave - Allows for setting a final wave, meaning on that wave, the arena will end, regardless of how many players are alive.
    Version 0.94.3.11 (open)

• v0.94.3.11 - Updated Register, built against CB 1240.
    • v0.94.3.8 - Added basic leaderboards.
    • v0.94.3.6 - Fixed MagicSpells support - MobArena no longer supports MagicSpells pre-v1.1!
    • v0.94.3.5 - Fixed a bunch of bugs introduced with CB 1185, as well as a couple of minor MobArena bugs.
    • Updated for CraftBukkit #1185
    • Updated economy support (now supports iConomy 6).
    • Added the three new mob types, Enderman/Endermen, CaveSpider/CaveSpiders, Silverfish. They can be used just like the other mob types in the waves.
    • Endermen cannot pick up arena blocks (this is why).
    • Endermen cannot place blocks in arena regions.
    • The per-class permission syntax has been fixed and changed slightly. The Wiki has been updated (clicky).
    • Fixed MagicSpells issues.
    Version 0.94.2 (open)

• Redstone circuits now work properly in arenas.
    • Lightning now properly strikes on spawnpoints on special waves.
    • Fixed an issue where players somehow warping/cheating out of the arena world get kicked from the server when discovered.
    • Added MagicSpells support. Use the magicspells.yml file to ban certain spells from the arena either for the whole session, or only during boss waves.
    • Fixed the Heroes death conflict. MobArena and Heroes should now play nice together. Further Heroes support is planned for upcoming releases.
    • [COLOR=#1000000]MobArena will no longer support the discontinued Permissions 2.x and 3.x permission systems.[/COLOR] Recommended permissions systems include PermissionsBukkit (defacto standard) or PermissionsEX.
    Version 0.94.1 (open)

• Added two new boss abilities: 'shuffle-positions' and 'flood'. Try them out!
    • Players disconnecting/crashing during an arena session no longer get corrupted data files due to economy rewards.
    • Weapon durability is now correctly set to "unlimited".
    • Item sub-types (cocoa beans, bonemeal, colored wool, etc.) now work again.
    • Players can no longer join the arena without first picking a class.
    • MobArena now works with spawn-monsters=false again.
    Version 0.94 (open)

• Completely revamped the waves system! Undeniably the biggest feature in MobArena since multiple arenas in v0.92, the new customizable waves are guaranteed to bring much more awesomeness to your MobArenas. The waves system brings two new wave types, swarm waves and boss waves. The latter is a very elaborate feature, and the whole waves system has been given its own page on the Wiki. Note: MobArena will ignore all old wave settings, but use sane defaults.
    • Revamped the logging system. Instead of logging: true, you can now use logging: yml/xml. The logging system will now keep track of the last session only, but also maintain a collection of 'totals' for each arena. The idea behind these easy-to-parse files is making the stats available on server web pages.
    • Added SuperPerms/PermissionsBukkit support. Note that specifying mobarena.arenas.* and mobarena.classes.* probably won't work, but these nodes are given to everyone by default.
    • Added Spout support. Currently, the only Spouty thing MobArena does is print (some) announcements as notifications/achievements. This should limit the amount of "chat spam" that MobArena produces. Other Spout-features are planned, but don't expect something crazy. Note that MobArena does NOT require Spout!
    • Monsters will no longer target pet wolves. This is a major nerf to pet classes, but they were very overpowered as it was.
    • Fixed item amounts greater than 64 sometimes bugging out. You should now be able to put arrow:1024 for your Archer classes :)
    • Fixed players losing their stored items and/or earned rewards upon disconnecting from the arena.
    • Fixed blocks not restoring when burned by fire.
    • Fixed an issue with entry fees. They should no longer cause any problems.
    • Fixed slimes. That's right! Slimes that spawn as a result of bigger slimes splitting upon death are now considered arena monsters. This also means that Slimes no longer drop slime balls; as intended.
    • Revamped the repairing algorithm. It is now MUCH more sophisticated, and is capable of repairing not only signs and containers, but also torches, doors and beds. Redstone -should- repair properly as well, but it is still slightly buggy.
    • Added support for restorable containers. Registered chests, dispensers, and furnaces will have their contents stored upon arena start, and restored at arena end. This is useful for providing the arena players with chests with e.g. upgrades or food.
    • Added new commands (for the feature above) - /ma addcontainer <name>, /ma delcontainer <name>, /ma containers. These commands work much like the the spawnpoint commands. To add a container, simply look at the container and type /ma addcontainer <name>.
    Changelog (continued)

apes, chakyl, Steffion and 64 others like this.
  2. Offline

nicolos17

Can we lock a containers, and open it after the 20th wave ?
    This plugin is awesome

3. Offline

ratsby

I made some changes to the plugin that fix this bug in clear-wave-before-next mode, if you want my custom version, here it is: (Link removed at garbagemule's request. PM me if you want it.)

4. Offline

nicolos17

Is it possible to choose if a mob drop a loot or not ? (sorry i'm french =p)
    I would like pigs drop some food ... To have a health wave for example ...

5. Offline

IDKmyname89

Once players hit the signs and get the gear, Is there something stopping them leaving, breaking blocks, teleporting out with these items. I want to use this on my server but I don't want people to be using it as a source of armor/weapons.

Sorry if this has been asked before

6. Offline

Flamers

@IDKmyname89 If they leave they get there old inv back, you can't break the blocks and you can't tp :)

7. Offline

Edvardas96

When 1.8 is released will all plugins have to be updated to be compatible? I'm thiking of making a server in 1.8 but not sure if I can get it ready now as if I download and setup all plugins now they might need to be update after 1.8 is released, please answer my question ^^

8. Offline

Gnuh

9. Offline

ZZackeryy

Why doesn't "mobarena.*: true" enable everything (for admins and such)?
    Took me awhile to figure out I had to add each separate permission node. Not that big of a deal, but I just set up my permissions and was hoping to keep it clean. :p (Using PermissionsBukikit.)

Anyways, this is probably my favorite plugin so far. Thank you!

10. Offline

ACStache

mobarena.* would probably work for legacy permissions, but for the superperms system he registers all the permissions, and doesn't register a mobarena.* node.

11. Offline

garbagemule

@kahlilnc @Exidous @Cenarius and anyone else using Heroes!

Please try the latest dev build of MobArena, and let me know if the Heroes death conflict is still an issue. I have added some Heroes support, and would like some feedback from people who use it :)

kahlilnc likes this.
  12. Offline

kahlilnc

I will try. :D

garbagemule likes this.
  13. Offline

garbagemule

@kahlilnc - If you're trying it out right now, hop on IRC and keep me updated :3

14. Offline

kahlilnc

Well actually I need to work on stability with my server first. But after I will. I cannot seem to find the plugin using so much RAM :O

15. Offline

Legolas75893

Probably zombieattack?

16. Offline

kahlilnc

I removed that and it helped alotttt. That plugin sucks your ram dry almost.

17. Offline

Legolas75893

I know.

18. Offline

krishna270

Hi i have an issue that says
    Code:
    19:45:55 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/MobArena.jar' in folder 'plugins':
    expected '<document start>', but found BlockMappingStart
     in "<reader>", line 4, column 1:
        global-settings:
        ^

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl$ParseDocumentStart.produce(ParserImpl.java:233)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.peekEvent(ParserImpl.java:163)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.parser.ParserImpl.checkEvent(ParserImpl.java:148)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.composer.Composer.getSingleNode(Composer.java:108)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseConstructor.java:124)
        at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:264)
        at org.bukkit.util.config.Configuration.load(Configuration.java:82)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.initialize(JavaPlugin.java:157)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:175)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:213)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:136)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:143)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:450)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap$ReloadCommand.execute(SimpleCommandMap.java:281)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:352)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:737)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:701)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:694)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:89)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    This is what my Plugins/MobArena/config.yml looks like

Code:
    Dia# MobArena v0.94.1 - Config-file
    # Read the Wiki for details on how to set up this file: http://goo.gl/F5TTc
    # Note: You -must- use spaces instead of tabs!
    global-settings:
        enabled: true
        allowed-commands: /list, /pl
        update-notification: true
    classes:
        Diamond Knight:
            items: diamond_sword, grilled_pork:2
            armor: 298,299,300
        Tank Knight:
            items: wood_sword, grilled_pork:5
            armor: 310,311,312
        Iron Knight:
            items: iron_sword, grilled_pork:3
            armor: 302,303,304
        Stone Knight:
            items: stone_sword, grilled_pork:4
            armor: 306,307,308
        Archer:
            items: stone_sword, bow, arrow:256, grilled_pork, bone
            armor: 298,299,300
        Chef:
            items: stone_sword, bread:6, grilled_pork:4, mushroom_soup, cake:5
            armor: 314,315,316
    arenas:
        default:
            settings:
                world: ''
                enabled: true
                protect: true
                entry-fee: ''
                logging: true
                clear-wave-before-next: false
                detonate-creepers: false
                detonate-damage: false
                lightning: true
                auto-equip-armor: true
                force-restore: false
                soft-restore: false
                soft-restore-drops: false
                require-empty-inv-join: true
                require-empty-inv-spec: false
                hellhounds: true
                pvp-enabled: false
                monster-infight: false
                allow-teleporting: false
                spectate-on-death: true
                share-items-in-arena: true
                min-players: 0
                max-players: 0
                max-join-distance: 0
                repair-delay: 5
                first-wave-delay: 5
                wave-interval: 20
                special-modulo: 4
                max-idle-time: 0
            waves:
                recurrent:
                    def1:
                        type: default
                        priority: 1
                        frequency: 1
                        monsters:
                            zombies: 10
                            skeletons: 10
                            spiders: 10
                            creepers: 0
                            wolves: 10
                        wave: 0
                    spec1:
                        type: special
                        priority: 2
                        frequency: 4
                        monsters:
                            powered-creepers: 10
                            zombie-pigmen: 10
                            angry-wolves: 10
                            humans: 10
                        wave: 0
            rewards:
                waves:
                    every:
                        '3': feather, bone, stick
                        '5': iron_pickaxe
                        '10': iron_ingot:7, gold_ingot:5
                    after:
                        '7': minecart, storage_minecart, powered_minecart
                        '13': iron_sword, iron_pickaxe, iron_spade
                        '16': diamond_sword
                        '20': diamond:3

Also, it worked earlier. After restarting my server for some reason it failed to work

19. Offline

Rpa;otj

@garbagemule - I remember telling you about my "purge" spell on my server and how my Sorcerer class can use it. Is there any way at all to make my boss wave immune to it? My players are making sure to save it for the boss after realizing they couldn't kill it using legit strategies. I understand that it is from a different plugin but I remember you changing the way your plugin interacts with it once before. If not I can just disable the spell, but it's nice for the once every several minute clutch save it can provide and makes that class a common pick.

Also, does the boss scale health and damage based on player count or would a solo player have to deal the same damage to kill it that a group does? My best arena player said he tried several times to no avail even having a 5+ minute straight fight without killing it before he just decided to purge it for a set item reward that he was wanting!

20. Offline

ACStache

on the first lines are the Config Header you have:
    Code:
    Dia# MobArena v0.94.1 - Config-file
    # Read the Wiki for details on how to set up this file: http://goo.gl/F5TTc
    # Note: You -must- use spaces instead of tabs!

Take out the "Dia" before the "# MobArena v0.94.1 - Config-file" and you should be all set

21. Offline

garbagemule

@Rpa;otj - Try the latest dev build. I just pushed an update that cancels the purge spell if it is used during a boss fight. As for the boss health and damage: Damage doesn't scale, but health does. With 10 players, the boss will have significantly more health than with just one player. If there was a really simple way to display boss health bars without spamming the chat, I would do so. I'm thinking that perhaps the experience bar in 1.8 can be used for it, unless other plugin developers go crazy with it :p

Edit: Have you tried setting the boss health to low?

Edit2: The latest-latest dev build (updated at 10:44 AM GMT+1) will spit out a magicspells.yml file in the MobArena directory. Currently, the file operates globally, and thus not per-arena (yet). You can disable spells for players in the arena during the entire session, or only during boss fights. The default file will disable the 'blink' and 'carpet' spells for the whole session, and the 'purge' spell only during boss fights (just to show how to use the file, although it should be a piece of cake). Let me know what you think :)

22. Offline

Flamers

@garbagemule couldn't you check health every x seconds and print to chat of people in the arena?

23. Offline

garbagemule

@Flamers - Yes, but it's such a spamfest, especially for 5-minute boss fights :( That's 300 printouts. Perhaps I can make something "spouty".

24. Offline

Rpa;otj

@garbagemule - Couldn't you use Spout to display boss health? I know that mcMMO plus Spout now lets you see other players' health bars on the screen when you're in a party with them. Just a thought!

25. Offline

garbagemule

Updated to v0.94.2

Note that this may or may not be the last update to be posted to this forum. In the future, the BukkitDev project page is where you'll have to head for updates, bug reports, etc. Please start using it now, as it makes everything easier for me with a dedicated forum, ticket system and such :) Oh, and make sure to give MobArena a thumbs up on BlockFace! :)

26. Offline

louischolds

THIS IS BULLSHIT! PLEASE BRING BACK PERMISSIONS 2.x and 3!

27. Offline

garbagemule

@louischolds - Sorry, but the old Permissions system is being phased out because permissions now work natively in Bukkit. There are a couple of good alternatives out there, so just get on with it :) I personally recommend PermissionsBukkit as it's the defacto standard, but I've heard nice things about PermissionsEX.

28. Offline

misutaanime

WOOOOT thx for the update I can finally turn the heroes damage system back on!

29. Offline

number1_Master

AWWWW i hate how u got rid of permission 3 support (i understand why), now i have to do all this stuff and make sure every plugin i have is compatible with permissionsex/permissionbukkit
    :'(

30. Offline

garbagemule

Two new nodes introduced in the latest DEV build!

This is the only change to the current dev build, btw, so it's still "stable" :)

You can add health-multiplier: <value> and amount-multiplier: <value> to any wave! The values range from 0.1 and up. What this means is that you can 1) boost/nerf the monster health of any wave - for instance, setting health-multiplier: 5 for a wave means all monsters will have their health multiplied by 5 (this doesn't affect bosses (yet), though) to make them tougher, and 2) boost/limit the amount of monsters spawned in a wave - for instance, if the swarm waves are a little too big, even with a low amount, just set it to 0.5, for instance, and the amount will be half as big as the usual amount.

This is currently only in the dev build!

@nunber1_Master @louischolds and anyone else who wants Permissions 2/3 support: Link

Try that build. It should have Permissions 2/3 support. Note that it DOES NOT support SuperPerms, so this build is ONLY for those who are too lazy to set up a new Permissions system!

Note also that this is a one-time thing. v0.94.2 will be the last version to support this.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  31. Offline

ACStache

Liked in a 'moving forward finally' kind of way, not because of the 'for lazy people' reason :p

garbagemule likes this.