[FUN] MobArena v0.96.8 - Become a mob-fighting gladiator! [1.7.x, 1.8.x]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by garbagemule, May 30, 2011.

1. Offline

garbagemule

[​IMG]

MobArena - Become a mob-fighting gladiator!
    [​IMG] Latest build: v0.96.7 (1.7.x)
    [​IMG] Wiki
    [​IMG] IRC Channel
    [​IMG] Source

BukkitDev Project Page - Find MobArena on dev.bukkit.org here: LINK.

------------------------------

Old description (open)
    If you enjoy fighting monsters for glorious prizes or just the sheer thrill of battle, you and your friends can now join forces against hordes of Minecraft evils in the exciting gladiator-style survival mini-game MobArena!

Heavily inspired by Deminetix' Fight-plugin, MobArena is a PvE-take on arena-gameplay, with a similar class-based system. Instead of fighting other players, you team up with them to beat oncoming waves of monsters, earning rewards in the process. MobArena can be played alone, or with as many friends as you like!

Features:
    • Fight oncoming waves of monsters
    • Play alone or team up with friends
    • Earn glorious prizes
    • Customizable classes, rewards and waves
    • Easy to set up
    • Extremely easy to use
    • Very few user commands
    • Supports Permissions and all major economies
    • Supports Spout
    • Supports Heroes
    Note: When you post a bug report, please provide a stacktrace/error from the server log/console window. Post this stacktrace in either a pastebin, a pastie, or a CODE-block! The same applies for config-files, permissions-files, etc! Please don't put them directly in your posts, as they become gigantic and annoying to read. If you don't follow this guideline, I might ignore your post!

Wiki - Instructions, commands, FAQ, etc.
    I have set up a Wiki for MobArena. It contains a bunch of information and guides on how to set up and customize arenas, an overview of all the commands, how to set up Permissions, as well as frequently asked questions.

New: MobArena now has its own IRC channel (#mobarena @ EsperNet). Click here for a web-based IRC client. Feel free to stop by to get help setting everything up if you really don't understand the Wiki and the instructional video, or to have a chat about MobArena (or anything else, for that matter) :)

Relevant links:
    Videos:
    Getting started with MobArena, by Flamers
    Flamers made this really easy-to-follow, simple video of how to get started with MobArena. It covers installing the plugin, defining an arena region and setting up basic leaderboards, as well as a few pointers for arena design.
    Old instructional video (open)
    Instructional video for setting up MobArena:

Note: This video was made for v0.67, but all the in-game instructions still work the same for the latest versions. The config-file has changed, so make sure to read the Wiki on how to set it up.
    More Videos (open)
    Review of MobArena by plugin reviewer jamescosten (v0.84):

Note: My nickname "garbagemule" is pronounced "garbage mule", as in "trash donkey" ;)

Hilarious showcase of MobArena by Daniel James and Daniel Cherry (v0.92.3):

Delios showing off his beautiful arena setup:

slowmonkey1227 in his interesting "island" arena: YouTube
    French video by avalondrey (v0.87.3): YouTube
    German video by blutherz and his friends (v0.91.2): YouTube

Troubleshooting:
    To avoid wasting not only your own time, but mine as well, I expect everyone to do some extensive troubleshooting before posting bug reports. What does this mean?

Try MobArena on a fresh server.
    MobArena works perfectly fine when I release it. Sure, there are a few bugs, but it works. If it doesn't work for you, something is most likely wrong on your end. Set up a local test-server, and verify that MobArena works before claiming that it doesn't. When you have verified that MobArena does indeed work, you can start adding other plugins and settings until something conflicts.

Disable other plugins.
    The first thing you need to do is disable all other plugins. If you can't reproduce the bug with other plugins disabled, you know that you have a conflicting plugin. Now perform a binary search on the other plugins, or if you don't know how to do that, just add a couple of plugins back to the plugins-folder, try to reproduce the bug, and if you can't, the conflicting plugin must be in the remaining set of plugins.

Write down reproduction steps.
    Figure out the exact steps to reproduce/trigger the bug. I need precise steps, and as much information as possible, because there are often many things that could be going on. An example of reproduction steps could be:
    1. Type /ma join
    2. Punch the Archer class sign
    3. Wait for someone else to join
    4. Punch the iron block
    5. Type /ma leave before the other player picks a class

Check the console window/server.log
    Make sure you check the server.log file for any MobArena errors or exceptions. If you find any, copy the ENTIRE exception (including all the lines that say "at com.garbagemule.MobArena...") and paste it (with the other information) in a CODE-tag here in the thread.

Donations:
    I develop MobArena for the fun of it and the positive feedback is all it takes to make me happy, but a few people have asked for a link, so if you're one of them, here's a link: Donate - You can donate as much as you want, even down to a few cents! If I get enough donations, I will spend the money on an extra Minecraft account to aid me in developing/testing/debugging MobArena :)

Changelog:

Version 0.94.3.24
    • Updated for CB 1337.
    • The repair-delay node is now unused! The reason for this is that it is now possible (with the release of 1317) to cancel block damage in explosions, and still retain the animation and sound! This also means that arenas should be fully pistons-compatible (for arenas that don't use soft-restore or force-restore)! I'm hoping to see some screenshots and videos of shifting arenas! :)
    • You can now right-click signs in the lobby! I finally found a super easy solution to the improperly updating inventory issue with right-clicking class signs. The result is that players can now left- or right-click as they please. This should solve all issues related to players not being able to choose classes, due to spawn region and WorldGuard/Factions/whatever conflicts.
    • It is no longer possible to warp out of the lobby.
    • New per-arena setting: final-wave - Allows for setting a final wave, meaning on that wave, the arena will end, regardless of how many players are alive.
    Version 0.94.3.11 (open)

• v0.94.3.11 - Updated Register, built against CB 1240.
    • v0.94.3.8 - Added basic leaderboards.
    • v0.94.3.6 - Fixed MagicSpells support - MobArena no longer supports MagicSpells pre-v1.1!
    • v0.94.3.5 - Fixed a bunch of bugs introduced with CB 1185, as well as a couple of minor MobArena bugs.
    • Updated for CraftBukkit #1185
    • Updated economy support (now supports iConomy 6).
    • Added the three new mob types, Enderman/Endermen, CaveSpider/CaveSpiders, Silverfish. They can be used just like the other mob types in the waves.
    • Endermen cannot pick up arena blocks (this is why).
    • Endermen cannot place blocks in arena regions.
    • The per-class permission syntax has been fixed and changed slightly. The Wiki has been updated (clicky).
    • Fixed MagicSpells issues.
    Version 0.94.2 (open)

• Redstone circuits now work properly in arenas.
    • Lightning now properly strikes on spawnpoints on special waves.
    • Fixed an issue where players somehow warping/cheating out of the arena world get kicked from the server when discovered.
    • Added MagicSpells support. Use the magicspells.yml file to ban certain spells from the arena either for the whole session, or only during boss waves.
    • Fixed the Heroes death conflict. MobArena and Heroes should now play nice together. Further Heroes support is planned for upcoming releases.
    • [COLOR=#1000000]MobArena will no longer support the discontinued Permissions 2.x and 3.x permission systems.[/COLOR] Recommended permissions systems include PermissionsBukkit (defacto standard) or PermissionsEX.
    Version 0.94.1 (open)

• Added two new boss abilities: 'shuffle-positions' and 'flood'. Try them out!
    • Players disconnecting/crashing during an arena session no longer get corrupted data files due to economy rewards.
    • Weapon durability is now correctly set to "unlimited".
    • Item sub-types (cocoa beans, bonemeal, colored wool, etc.) now work again.
    • Players can no longer join the arena without first picking a class.
    • MobArena now works with spawn-monsters=false again.
    Version 0.94 (open)

• Completely revamped the waves system! Undeniably the biggest feature in MobArena since multiple arenas in v0.92, the new customizable waves are guaranteed to bring much more awesomeness to your MobArenas. The waves system brings two new wave types, swarm waves and boss waves. The latter is a very elaborate feature, and the whole waves system has been given its own page on the Wiki. Note: MobArena will ignore all old wave settings, but use sane defaults.
    • Revamped the logging system. Instead of logging: true, you can now use logging: yml/xml. The logging system will now keep track of the last session only, but also maintain a collection of 'totals' for each arena. The idea behind these easy-to-parse files is making the stats available on server web pages.
    • Added SuperPerms/PermissionsBukkit support. Note that specifying mobarena.arenas.* and mobarena.classes.* probably won't work, but these nodes are given to everyone by default.
    • Added Spout support. Currently, the only Spouty thing MobArena does is print (some) announcements as notifications/achievements. This should limit the amount of "chat spam" that MobArena produces. Other Spout-features are planned, but don't expect something crazy. Note that MobArena does NOT require Spout!
    • Monsters will no longer target pet wolves. This is a major nerf to pet classes, but they were very overpowered as it was.
    • Fixed item amounts greater than 64 sometimes bugging out. You should now be able to put arrow:1024 for your Archer classes :)
    • Fixed players losing their stored items and/or earned rewards upon disconnecting from the arena.
    • Fixed blocks not restoring when burned by fire.
    • Fixed an issue with entry fees. They should no longer cause any problems.
    • Fixed slimes. That's right! Slimes that spawn as a result of bigger slimes splitting upon death are now considered arena monsters. This also means that Slimes no longer drop slime balls; as intended.
    • Revamped the repairing algorithm. It is now MUCH more sophisticated, and is capable of repairing not only signs and containers, but also torches, doors and beds. Redstone -should- repair properly as well, but it is still slightly buggy.
    • Added support for restorable containers. Registered chests, dispensers, and furnaces will have their contents stored upon arena start, and restored at arena end. This is useful for providing the arena players with chests with e.g. upgrades or food.
    • Added new commands (for the feature above) - /ma addcontainer <name>, /ma delcontainer <name>, /ma containers. These commands work much like the the spawnpoint commands. To add a container, simply look at the container and type /ma addcontainer <name>.
    Changelog (continued)

apes, chakyl, Steffion and 64 others like this.
  2. Offline

GothikaGeist310

Yup. You aren't suppose to just let them walk out of the arena. It's not a "problem" that's how the plug-in is meant to be. Basically make no entrance or exit and force the use of "/ma leave" or do what I did: Have an entrance and exit but warn of the "problems" that will be encountered without the use of "/ma leave" (I use the entrance and exit to go in and out of the arena while editing, without having to break a wall down)

3. Offline

lucent

Doesn't it do this already? Under MobArena/arenas/<arenaname>/totals.yml ?

@garbagemule, one other thing that perhaps you are planning already (or it may already have, but I haven't figured out), but how about a "probability" tag for boss waves? That is, to say, if more than one boss is placed on the same wave, the plugin chooses one at random (or weighted by a probability tag, akin to the way default/special waves pick monsters). Would be nice to have upcoming boss waves a little less predictable for the players.

4. Offline

GothikaGeist310

You gotta love the replay value it already has though! :3

5. Offline

ACStache

yes, this is my totals.yml file from a few solo rounds in my coliseum:
    Code:
    general-info:
        total-games-played: 3
        total-duration: 0:22:43
        longest-session-duration: 0:14:46
        most-players: 1
        highest-wave-reached: 28
        total-monsters-killed: 159
    classes:
        overall-distribution:
            total-count: 0
        Chef:
            damage-done: 0
            played: 0
            damage-taken: 0
            kills: 0
        Tank:
        Knight:
        Archer:
        Barbarian:
            damage-done: 1630
            played: 1
            damage-taken: 410
            kills: 53
        BeastRanger:
            damage-done: 6573
            played: 2
            damage-taken: 468
            kills: 106
        BeastMaster:
    rewards:
        total-given:
            money: 0
        feather: 12
        dirt: 16
        stick: 16
        redstone: 10
        cobblestone: 20
        gold_ingot: 4
        iron_ingot: 15
        mossy_cobblestone: 10
        iron_axe: 1
        bone: 4
        diamond_axe: 1
        coal: 8
    players:
        dasbreen:
            classes:
                Barbarian: 1
                BeastRanger: 2
            damage-done: 8203
            hits: 1048
            games-played: 3
            swings: 2022
            damage-taken: 878
            kills: 159

so @Zarius it does do tracking of rewards, but it's not per player, it's per arena.

edit: the logging is a bit fudged, for testing purposes of my bosses I did 1 of the go throughs as /god. That's why the highest wave reached is 28. I'd be hard-pressed to get anywhere near that point again without /god on

6. Offline

erdrickk

I am getting a recurrent error in my logs then it defaults to the default wave... can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Code:
            waves:
                recurrent:
                    def1:
                        type: default
                        priority: 1
                        frequency: 1
                        monsters:
                            zombies: 10
                            skeletons: 7
                            spiders: 4
                            exploding_sheep: 3
                        wave: 0
                    def2:
                        priority: 2
                        wave: 5
                        monsters:
                            skeletons: 6
                            creepers: 4
                            spiders: 8
                    def3:
                        priority: 3
                        monsters:
                            angry_wolves: 10
                            slimes: 5
                            exploding_sheep: 8
                    def4:
                        priority: 4
                        monsters:
                            zombie_pigmen: 10
                            angry_wolves: 8
                    def5:
                        priority: 6
                        monsters:
                            spiders: 10
                            slimes: 10
                    spec1:
                        type: special
                        priority: 5
                        frequency: 4
                        monsters:
                            powered_creepers: 10
                            zombie_pigmen: 10
                    spec2:
                        priority: 5
                        frequency: 4
                        monsters:
                            powered_creepers: 10
                            slimes: 10
                            ghasts: 5
                single:
                    swarm1:
                        type: swarm
                        wave: 6
                        monster: slimes_tiny
                        amount: medium
                    swarm2:
                        wave: 16
                        monster: slimes_small
                    boss1:
                        type: boss
                        wave: 10
                        monster: spider
                        health: low
                        abilities: lightning-aura, arrows, fetch-target, chain-lightning, throw-nearby, throw-target, throw-distant, fetch-target
                        ability-interval: 5
                        ability-announce: true
                    boss2:
                        wave: 15
                        monster: human
                        health: medium
                        abilities: arrows, disorient-target, root-target, chain-lightning, throw-nearby, throw-distant, throw-target, fireballs, fetch-nearby, lightning-aura
                    boss3:
                        wave: 20
                        monster: wolf
                        health: high
                        abilities: fireballs, fetch-distant, fire-aura, fetch-nearby, warp-to-player, lightning-aura, disorient-target, arrows, root-target, chain-lightning, throw-distant
                        ability-interval: 3

7. Offline

ACStache

I don't know if it's the cause of your issue, but you have most of your recurrent waves starting at the same time, so it chucks all the ones that won't ever get used. In your default waves 2 through 5, they all start on wave 5, and def5 will be the only one to spawn due to it's higher priority, leaving 2 through 4 never used (and probably thrown out). Same thing with your special waves.

The "wave: ##" bit is the wave number you will first see this wave, if a "single:" wave doesn't override it.

report back once you fix that and test it :)

8. Offline

erdrickk

so properly formatted, how should it look? do I need the "wave: 1 - 5" at the bottom of each one excluding the specials? gah sorry my brain is letting me down right now :p

9. Offline

ACStache

nope, what the "wave: ##" means is that starting on Wave ## (wave: 5 means starting on Wave 5) and continuing on from there, it will spawn that wave. Take a look on the Wiki (link in the OP) about setting up waves.
    so what you could do, is take my example and use the ideas from it for your own use.
    http://pastebin.com/PcuguhjW

Notice:
    def1: starts wave 1, priority 1
    def2: starts wave 6, priority 2
    def3: starts wave 16, priority 3

what the priority does, is when multiple waves are going to spawn at the same time, it takes the one with the highest priority. so in this case, all 3 default waves would want to spawn on Wave 16, but due to priority, only def3 is spawned. more elaborate details are on the wiki. You can also hop in IRC (link also in OP) and hope someone is around to ask :p

10. Oh my bad. Thanks :)

11. Offline

Draxbonai

Thanks for the response. I love you, your work, and your plug in. I hope you love the 5$ I'm sending you a little bit.

12. I have some plugins that throw variations of this error while in Arena:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Health must be between 0 and 200

And we're not using Bosses right now even.

13. Offline

1XDylanX1

A EPIC PLUGIN

14. I dont know if its possible but i would like to limit how many of one class there can be per game. I made a Zeus class with the Zeus plugin and golden sword, but i only want max 1 per game :)

15. Offline

bob3695

Hey, I am working on a plugin to expand MobArena on my server but I can't get the ArenaListener up correctly. I wait till MobArena enables and then try and create my class the extends MobArenaListener and I get a nullpointer reference. I grabbed your code and it would seem your plugin.getAM().listeners.add(this); has a null in it...more specifically getAM() returns null. Using it against your latest dev build. Any ideas?

16. Offline

ACStache

I was having similar issues until I put "softdepend: [MobArena]" in the plugin.yml so it would load after MobArena. Have you done that yet?

17. Offline

bob3695

I will give that a try now. I figured since I was waiting till it loaded there wouldn't be a problem. Will report back after tests

18. Offline

Dagumboss

What's this mean?

Code:
    2011-08-26 17:12:40 [SEVERE] Could not pass event ENTITY_DAMAGE to MobArena
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.MAListener.onEntityDamage(MAListener.java:339)
    at com.garbagemule.MobArena.MAEntityListener.onEntityDamage(MAEntityListener.java:39)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$59.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:656)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:338)
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityWolf.a(EntityWolf.java:339)
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityCreature.c_(EntityCreature.java:64)
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityWolf.c_(EntityWolf.java:92)
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.v(EntityLiving.java:685)
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityWolf.v(EntityWolf.java:133)
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityLiving.m_(EntityLiving.java:218)
    at net.minecraft.server.EntityWolf.m_(EntityWolf.java:161)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.entityJoinedWorld(World.java:1212)
    at net.minecraft.server.WorldServer.entityJoinedWorld(WorldServer.java:48)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.playerJoinedWorld(World.java:1194)
    at net.minecraft.server.World.cleanUp(World.java:1110)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:450)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363

19. Offline

bob3695

[​IMG]

Even after putting in the soft depend and doing my onEnable like this:

Code:
    @Override
    public void onEnable() {
        maHighScores.maHandler = new maHighScoresListener();
    }
    I am currently just trying to replicate the example code for the listener.

20. Offline

butnut6000

is there a way so people can join the arena with a sign? and clear inventory?

21. Offline

ScottSpittle

cb 1060

22. Offline

ItsQ

Can you please tell me why my rounds dont work here?

Code:
    # MobArena v0.94.1 - Config-file
    # Read the Wiki for details on how to set up this file: http://goo.gl/F5TTc
    # Note: You -must- use spaces instead of tabs!
    global-settings:
        enabled: true
        allowed-commands: /list, /pl, /wolf, /cremove
        update-notification: true
    classes:
        Knight:
            items: diamond_sword, grilled_pork:3
            armor: 306,307,308,309
        Tank:
            items: iron_sword, grilled_pork:3, golden_apple
            armor: 310,311,312,313
        Archer:
            items: bow, arrow:1024, grilled_pork:3
            armor: 298,299,300,301
        Healer:
            items: clock, stone_sword, 347, bread:6, grilled_pork:4, mushroom_soup, clock:1, cake:4
            armor: 314,315,316,317
    arenas:
        default:
            settings:
                world: world
                protect: true
                entry-fee: ''
                logging: true
                clear-wave-before-next: true
                detonate-creepers: false
                detonate-damage: false
                lightning: true
                auto-equip-armor: true
                force-restore: false
                soft-restore: false
                soft-restore-drops: false
                require-empty-inv-join: false
                require-empty-inv-spec: false
                hellhounds: false
                pvp-enabled: false
                monster-infight: false
                allow-teleporting: false
                spectate-on-death: true
                share-items-in-arena: true
                min-players: 1
                max-players: 0
                max-join-distance: 0
                repair-delay: 5
                first-wave-delay: 10
                wave-interval: 20
                special-modulo: 4
                max-idle-time: 0
            waves:
                recurrent:
                    def1:
                        growth: slow
                        monsters:
                            zombie: 5
                            skeleton: 1
                            spider: 2
                single1:
                    swarm1:
                        amount: psycho
                single2:
                    swarm2:
                        wave: 11
                        monster: chicken
                        amount: low
                single3:
                    swarm3:
                        wave: 21
                single4:
                    swarm4:
                        wave: 31
                    boss1:
                        monster: zombie
                        abilities: disorient-target, root-target, warp-to-player, shuffle-positions, throw-nearby, throw-distant
                    boss2:
                        abilities: disorient-target, root-target, warp-to-player, throw-nearby, throw-distant, fetch-distant, fetch-nearby, fetch-target
                        ability-interval: 7
                    boss3:
                        wave: 30
                        monster: zombie_pigmen
                        abilities: root-target, shuffle-positions, throw-nearby, throw-distant, lightning-aura, living-bomb, chain-lightning
            rewards:
                waves:
                    every:
                        '3': stick
                        '5': stick
                        '10': stick
                    after:
                        '7': stick
                        '13': stick
                        '16': stick
        arena:
            settings:
                logging: false
                player-limit: 0
            waves:
                recurrent:
                    def1:
                        growth: slow
                        monsters:
                            zombie: 5
                            skeleton: 1
                            spider: 2
                single1:
                    swarm1:
                single2:
                    swarm2:
                single3:
                    swarm3:
                single4:
                    swarm4:
                    boss1:
                        abilities: disorient-target, root-target, warp-to-player, shuffle-positions, throw-nearby, throw-distant
                    boss2:
                        abilities: disorient-target, root-target, warp-to-player, throw-nearby, throw-distant, fetch-distant, fetch-nearby, fetch-target
                    boss3:
                        abilities: root-target, shuffle-positions, throw-nearby, throw-distant, lightning-aura, living-bomb, chain-lightning
                    after:
                        '10': locked_Chest:3
                        '20': locked_Chest:3
                        '30': locked_Chest:3
                        '40': locked_Chest:3
                        '50': locked_Chest:3
                    every:
                        '8': locked_Chest:1
            coords:
                lobby: -1,68,-94,359.40112,20.25
                p1: -22,63,-95,36.600952,15.150004
                p2: 7,78,-52,226.80113,30.450008
                spawnpoints:
                    s1: -13,66,-67,179.25117,61.050022
                    s2: -2,66,-66,177.6014,38.250027
                    s3: -2,66,-82,36.001453,1.5000144
                    s4: -13,66,-82,-34.798595,5.5499988
                arena: -8,68,-75,-270.44916,23.85
                containers:
                    chest1: 3,66,-75,0.0,0.0
                    chest2: -18,66,-74,0.0,0.0
                spectator: -14,68,-54,-165.29797,5.700052
            rewards:
                waves:
                    after:
                    every:

Nfm i got it working :)

Code:
    # MobArena v0.94.1 - Config-file
    # Read the Wiki for details on how to set up this file: http://goo.gl/F5TTc
    # Note: You -must- use spaces instead of tabs!
    global-settings:
        allowed-commands: /list, /pl
        update-notification: true
    classes:
        Knight:
            items: diamond_sword, grilled_pork:3
            armor: 306,307,308,309
        Tank:
            items: iron_sword, grilled_pork:3, golden_apple
            armor: 310,311,312,313
        Archer:
            items: bow, arrow:1024, grilled_pork:3
            armor: 298,299,300,301
        Healer:
            items: clock, stone_sword, 347, bread:6, grilled_pork:4, mushroom_soup, clock:1, cake:4
            armor: 314,315,316,317
    arenas:
        default:
            settings:
                logging: false
                player-limit: 0
            waves:
                recurrent:
                    def1:
                        monsters:
                            skeletons: 2
                            spiders: 4
                            wolves: 1
                    spec1:
                        priority: 2
                        frequency: 8
                        monsters:
                            zombie-pigmen: 1
                            angry-wolves: 3
                            humans: 5
                single:
                    swarm1:
                    swarm2:
                    swarm3:
                    swarm4:
                    swarm5:
                        wave: 15
                    swarm6:
                        wave: 25
                    swarm7:
                        wave: 35
                    swarm8:
                        wave: 40
                        monster: powered_creepers
                        amount: psycho
                    boss1:
                    boss2:
                    boss3:
            coords:
                lobby: -1,68,-94,359.40112,20.25
                p1: -22,63,-95,36.600952,15.150004
                p2: 7,78,-52,226.80113,30.450008
                spawnpoints:
                    s1: -13,66,-67,179.25117,61.050022
                    s2: -2,66,-66,177.6014,38.250027
                    s3: -2,66,-82,36.001453,1.5000144
                    s4: -13,66,-82,-34.798595,5.5499988
                arena: -8,68,-75,-270.44916,23.85
                containers:
                    chest1: 3,66,-75,0.0,0.0
                    chest2: -18,66,-74,0.0,0.0
                spectator: -14,68,-54,-165.29797,5.700052
            rewards:
                waves:
                    every:
                    after:

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
  23. Offline

The3vilm0nk3y

Any Chance you could get redstone working in arenas. I have a piston arena setup with shifting walls and barriers that i would really like to use with this plugin. I also use falsebook with the mob and item spawners.... I plan on implementing those too.... along with traps, hidden treasures, and so on... but I really need redstone to work with this. if this is not an impossible thing to do.... could you mabey set a config line redstone=allow piston=allow

24. Offline

morizuki

reporting a bug

the players can still join if they don't have money, although their balance is negative..

25. Offline

Safetybrick

i created a clone test server of my main server to play around with the latest versions of a few plugins. when i try to join an arena "/ma join default" i get the error "An internal error occurred while attempting to perform this command" i read threw the forums and saw that in one case you told someone to disable the save inventory feature in mobarena which i tried and it did work. but i wanted to know if you could help me figure out whats conflicting. here's the error code:

Error Code (open)

Code:
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE] java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.garbagemule.MobArena.MAInventoryItem
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at java.io.ObjectInputStream.resolveClass(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readArray(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at com.garbagemule.MobArena.MAUtils.getInventoryFile(MAUtils.java:423)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at com.garbagemule.MobArena.MAUtils.restoreInventory(MAUtils.java:385)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at com.garbagemule.MobArena.MAUtils.storeInventory(MAUtils.java:349)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at com.garbagemule.MobArena.MACommands.onCommand(MACommands.java:163)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:352)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:737)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:701)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:694)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:89)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:454)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [WARNING] [MobArena] Could not restore inventory for Vexertregic
    2011-08-27 14:05:10 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'ma' in plugin MobArena v0.94.1
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:352)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:737)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:701)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:694)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:89)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:454)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.garbagemule.MobArena.MAUtils.restoreInventory(MAUtils.java:392)
        at com.garbagemule.MobArena.MAUtils.storeInventory(MAUtils.java:349)
        at com.garbagemule.MobArena.MACommands.onCommand(MACommands.java:163)
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
        ... 12 more

iv stripped most of my plugins and im down to the following(iv removed the jars not the folders).

minecraft just went down but ill strip the rest when it comes back up

26. Offline

garbagemule

@nunber1_Master - Originally, I had a "Master Lobby" planned for the multiple arenas introduction. It may still come, but it's very low priority right now.

@AmoebaMan - MobArena handles it in onPlayerDropItem.

@Zarius - I may throw a check in the spawn thread and remove all players not in the region, but I do need to do some benchmarking. onPlayerMove will -never- happen, due to the exact reason Joy mentioned. I've been wishing for that event to be completely removed ever since I first tried hooking into it in a smaller test plugin - it's the devil! But yes, extra logging, I approve.

@lucent - I was just thinking about it this morning. I'm considering making it such that with equal priorities, a random wave is picked in case of a clash. I am not fond of the idea of making it a chance with probabilities, since it requires an annoyingly big deal of code to get it functional, but random pick between clashing waves sounds doable.

@Joy - Can you post a full stacktrace so I can see where in MobArena this error is thrown from? And which plugins are throwing that exception?

@po5 - Fair suggestion. I may look into it later :)

@Dagumboss - It means something messed up, but I can't tell you what. It would appear that there's some sort of strange bug going on with a wolf. More details, please :)

@bob3695 - Please check out the Hooking into MobArena-page on the dev.bukkit.org project page; it should be a little more descriptive. You can also check out the examples :)

@butnut6000 - Look at the CommandSigns plugin for command signs. What do you mean by "clear inventory"?

@ScottSpittle - I need more information, but try deleting your MobArena/inventories/-folder.

@ItsQ - Bingo! :) Could you perhaps tell me which part of the Wiki that confused you into setting up multiple "single"-nodes? I'd like to make the Wiki easier to understand if possible :)

@The3vilm0nk3y - I'd love to fix it, but I just don't know where to start debugging it :( It's not that I am disallowing redstone to work, it's just that for some reason, MobArena blocks its functionality.

@morizuki - I only tested with iConomy and EssentialsEco. They both disallow players joining with insufficient funds. Are you using BOSEconomy?

@Safetybrick - Your issue is either that there are old .inv files in MobArena/inventories/, or your new version didn't update properly. MAInventoryItem doesn't exist anymore, and hasn't since (I think) v0.92. Delete your inventories-folder, and all should be good.

27. Offline

morizuki

I'm using iConomy

28. Offline

garbagemule

@morizuki - With the default iConomy setup (changed absolutely nothing in the config-files or anything), MobArena will not let me join without sufficient funds, and I can't go into negative balance.

29. Offline

morizuki

hmm ill narrow the problem later.. XD

30. Offline

RugRats

How can I disable pickup? or just drops in general

31. Offline

zangetsuslayer

MA feee can go to negative money. A user has -2.4k about with using the MA join...