[FUN/MISC] Tribu v0.6.4 - The ZombieSurvival continuation [1.6.4]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Graindcafe, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Offline

Graindcafe

Tribu - A zombie survival game !

Currently looking for translators please contact me by PM if your language is not already translated or not fully translated.

What is it ?
    Tribu is a zombie survival game in which you can set zombie spawns. Zombies will appear wave by wave once the game is started. You have to kill them! Each kill will get you money and points, and with the money you can buy items to kill more zombies. The game will stop when everyone is dead.

2. Offline

Wiinick

So is there anything your gunna do to get this small glitch(pay signs dont work 1337) working. I dont mean to rush you i just want that function to work cuz its really important when ur making kino der toten. No worries though.

IDK if i said this before but in Mob arena the spawn zones activate based on how close a player is. So if im like 50 miles away the closest 4 i think will start spawning mobs. Which is very important because some mobs get stuck and u cant complete the game unless u kill em all.
    PS:Toll signs dont work :( on 1337

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  3. Offline

Wiinick

Ok so i found out on 1337 that the only way that buttons/levers work (aka if u dont have enough money they wont activate) is if you hit them with a block and NOT your hand. Please Fix this and comment right back saying you will, i have a huge project depending on this. Also levers dont switch back when the game is over but the bottom half of the door does.

4. Offline

animalkid5679

Hey
    How do you get money and how do you buy things from the sign?
    I right click it but it says Sign Succsessfully Removed
    What do i do?

5. Offline

Graindcafe

It's because the game is not started.

6. Offline

animalkid5679

Ok thanks,
    works fine now

7. Offline

Wiinick

Heres a small yet VERY useful suggestion. We need to abilty to use set Item damage, this is done by doing say /i 290:1 <-- That means it has 1 damage, aka its barly used. Without this, games get less comlex. So please add this in.
    Ex IRON_SWORD:20

8. Offline

Danielzxzx

I have a suggestion to make but I'm not sure if it is already in it or not.

Right now I own a server called 'YAZI' which focuses on your plugin and the player max is 12 because if there was anymore the game would become too crowded, expecually in the death spawn.

I want to to have the ability to have multiple games going on at once. Each game is in a seperate world.

This way I can increase the max players and people won't get mad while in the death spawn waiting for the game to end, they could just simply join a different game which might be almost done.

Is this ability already in the plugin? If not, is it something that you could add?

9. Offline

Wiinick

Could u answer back to at least let me know this plugin isnt dead.
    Ideas
    -Random box :p No other plugin has this
    -Teleportation and warmups and cooldowns via signs
    -IRON_HELMET:1 This shows damage of the helmet for buy signs
    -Regen armor at each level and make it so armor doesnt go byby and hunger
    -toggle-able PVP

10. Offline

Graindcafe

This feature will be added with multiworld support.
    I'm sorry, I thought in october I would have time to continue developpement, but I hadn't.

Random box is already done by another plugin.

11. Offline

Wiinick

Ya its done by it but its way outdated....WAAAAAY. Also it wouldnt be compatable with ur econemy. Take your time, we dont want rushed coding, thats can lead to issues.

12. Offline

donald1440

hi does this work with multiworld?

13. Offline

Graindcafe

It works in every world, but you can't have two game in the same time

14. Offline

Wiinick

Please make it so the Buy signs dont NEED a name, i want to use a number and the : part. Data values.
    i want to be able to give 373:462

15. Offline

Graindcafe

You can already do this, you have just to modify the language file ;-)

16. Offline

Techcuron

Is this not compatible with 1.00? it does not work for me when I try to create a level. Just keeps saying /tribu enter : leave : vote <1:2:> : stats.

17. Offline

Wiinick

W
    Works for me...then again i had someone edit the sourcecode and make it so u cant have any items before u join, and they fixed the issue where u needed a block to hit a toll sign for it to block the press when u didnt have enough cash. So it may be different for me.

Thanks ur a huge help. U should probably make the 1185 thing go to 1542 or something, but only if it works with new items. And it should. Erm.... dont mean to sound stupid here, but i cant find what to change in the language file heh heh :/ The wiki only says that i can change what the message is and what i can put on the 1st line. Not the 2nd such as 44:2

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  18. Offline

Graindcafe

Oh, sorry, I had misunderstood first time, it's not possible sorry...

I think you can already do this without edit the code.

If your guy have improved the plugin it will be nice if he can do a pull request, this way he will help everyone

19. Offline

Wiinick

Pull Request you say?

20. Offline

Danielzxzx

I'm trying to do something like that too on my server but I can't find the plugin that does it. Do you know what the name of the plugin is?

21. Offline

Wiinick

Its commandbook right where u do /i 44:2

22. Offline

Graindcafe

Yeah, a pull request on github

23. Offline

Wiinick

I mean whats a pull request, i know nothing of github or even what it is.

24. Offline

nosaj

How many Waves are there?
    Or is that endless?

25. Offline

Graindcafe

It is endless
    It's to offer your modifications to me so that I could add it to the main repository

nosaj likes this.
  26. Offline

Wiinick

Well then, that makes sense, ill see what i can do.

27. Offline

Danielzxzx

I have a question. i'm trying to add potions but I'm having trouble doing so. Are items from later version able to be added to Tribu? If they can, what are they called for like, the healing potion. I tried 'Potion of Healing' but it didn't work.

28. Offline

Mixmaster1190

All new weapons are available, but things that use damage values are not. An alternative is to put an item in a dispenser (Potion of Healing in this case) and make a button next to it. Then add a toll sign that says something like
    Code:
    Pay
    someamountofmoney
    For Potion of Healing
    I'm sure you can think of something to hide the dispenser, or use some other anti-grief plugin to prevent people from opening it.

29. Offline

Danielzxzx

So when they click the sign it activates the button which will fire out what was in the dispenser? I've never used toll signs before so I don't know how they work.

30. Offline

Mixmaster1190

Toll signs are used for buttons and levers. If you put a sign next to a button or a lever with
    Code:
     Pay
    <Amount of money>
    <Anything you want on this line>
    <And this one>
    then you will need <Amount of money> to use it. So this would activate the dispenser for 100:
    [​IMG]You can change the "Activate Dispenser" lines with whatever you want. So if you move around the dispenser and redstone to hide the dispenser from reach and fill it with potions, then you can have potions. At least, that's what I found easiest.

31. Offline

Danielzxzx

Ok thanks for the help. Lots of people wanted potions on my server. This will help a lot.