[FUN/MECH] VoxelDoop v1.7 - Never Run Out of Blocks Again

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Voxel Box, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Offline

Voxel Box

2. Offline

Aaron Warshaw

There is a bug with the DooPlicator and I haven't been able to figure out the exact variable. Basically, it will not duplicate the item but instead the item below it. This only happens when the block trying to be doop'ed was converted by WorldEdit. Also, I have not been able to make the Dooplicator doop Minecart tracks.

I have Bukkit version 458.

3. Offline

Voxel Box

I've never experienced anything like what you are mentioning, and I am a frequent WorldEdit user. As for the cart tracks, they are, by default off the dooplicator's list of approved items. Check your configuration for 66 on the "undupable" line.

~plusnine.

4. Offline

TheNander

This is probably one of my most used admin tools. Hopefully in another version you guys will make it so there's permissions for these tools because I've had some trouble finding an admin-only item for all of these.

5. Offline

Gilden00

19:53:43 [INFO] VoxelDoop version 1.6 is enabled!
    thats the only mention of the plugin that i get in the console, yet when i try to spawn the items, it just gives me the default ones, any idea why?

6. Offline

przerwap

This statement makes no sense whatsoever to me. Care to elaborate? Give some examples perhaps?

7. Offline

Voxel Box

I think the issue you're having is a visual one. VoxelDoop is a plugin -- it affects only what those items effectively *DO*, not what they look like. Which items these tools use is configurable by the plugin, as seen in the documentation.

What the items look like is up to the texture pack installed on each and every client connected to your server. If you care to re-purpose those items in your texture pack, you may. The items in the video look as they do because I am using the Voxel Box texture pack, which has them re-drawn. If you like what mine look like, you may download a copy of my texture pack from http://www.voxelwiki.com -- feel free to copy my item textures out and use them if in your pack if you like, or draw your own in!

~plusnine.

8. Offline

Gilden00

yeah, i though of that after i posted, tried it and still nothing happend

9. Offline

Aaron Warshaw

derp, 66 in config file. >_< I am silly. Anyway, one variable I can get to work sometimes is converting grass to stone in worldedit then try dooping said former grass. It will randomly doop grass on occassion. And its not user error this time, I swear! :)

10. Offline

przerwap

WorldEdit is a very Hack-ish plugin so I'm not surprised. Just remember that you can 'grab ink' from any distance away, so just aim at some grass further away.

11. Offline

Aaron Warshaw

No worries przerwap, just wanted to FYI in case you got bored and wanted to try and find whats conflicting on that (sounds like a fun weekend). I love this plugin and really can't wait for permissions on it so I can integrate into my rank system.

-pC

12. Offline

przerwap

Its not a conflict issue, but simply the way that WE modifies blocks.

13. Offline

Aaron Warshaw

I get it! Still a great freakin' plugin, sir!

14. Offline

Jonathan Bloom

Would it be possible to get permission support for the paintbrush tool?

15. Offline

Voxel Box

Przerwap and I have been reviewing new features for plugins tonight. I can't say when a release would be, but there are plans to implement a similar security feature into VoxelDoop to selectively dole out rights to use the dooplicator or paintbrush & wrench in player-list text files, very similar to how VoxelSniper reads from snipers.txt.

~plusnine.

16. Offline

Jonathan Bloom

Thanks! :) That will help so much.

I can't use VoxelDoop until security is in place. :(

17. Offline

Joekiko

will there be an update for #602 ? because it seems that all voxeltools are broken for #602

18. Offline

Aquanoise

damn i miss voxeldoop in 1.4

19. Offline

Exciya

I would love to try this out. Any chance of an update for post 1.4 CB?

20. Offline

EvilSeph

I'll be working on an update today. No promised ETA but just letting you know so you don't think we aren't.

21. Offline

Steve Member

For reference the error due to API changes is:
    Code:
    02:33:35 [SEVERE] BLOCK_RIGHTCLICKED loading VoxelDoop v1.6 (Is it up to date?)
    java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: BLOCK_RIGHTCLICKED
            at com.thevoxelbox.bukkit.doop.VoxelDoop.onEnable(VoxelDoop.java:52)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:118)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:514)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:216)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:94)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:72)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:215)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:202)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:142)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:257)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:375)

22. Offline

Voxel Box

VoxelDoop 1.7 is out for Patch 1.4 and new versions of bukkit. enjoy!

23. Offline

Deren909

Cool works fine, but the icon and physical appearance of it is that to resemble a tool right? I just see a slimeball but with tool funcunaloties whats up with that? :eek:

24. Offline

Evilhaunting

omg can you send me a copy of that world on the youtube vid its epic!

25. Offline

blakefire

I LOVE this, but one idea, make the 3 tools a new item so they dont replace current ones?

26. Offline

Voxel Box

preach that shit to notch, my brother. my hands is tied.

27. how about 1.4.1 and b674

28. Offline

Meth0s

how can I set it so that the admin can only use the plugin? sry my english is not very good =)

29. Offline

AdamSWE

permissions support?

30. Offline

Voxel Box

Just a quick reminder that VoxelDoop 1.7 still works great on new versions of bukkit compatible with Minecraft 1.5, so, Doop away, my brethren. Also, keep an eye out for a new inventory plugin from the Voxel Box coming out shortly called VoxelMimic!

31. Offline

multitrym

why it comes DOOP! with the duplicator at the video?