Inactive [FUN/MECH] MusicCraft v1.4.4 - Compose music! Play it with note blocks! [1185]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by bekvon, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Offline

Madness

We created a little system that basically sends pressure plate signals to MML-enabled note blocks under a minecart track, the problem is that we're having trouble syncing them, would it be possible to introduce a togglable debug mode that tells us the "microtime" for a MML sign activation?

2. Offline

undeadmach1ne

whattheshit?! this looks awesome. going to end up testing this right now and staying up all night screwing around with it i think :) thanks!

3. Offline

boxhead101

can u un-ban me im sorry for what i did :)

i will give u five[diamond]

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2016
  4. Offline

Epickmon

Ugh i've been trying to import midi files but it isn't working for some reason. Can anyone help? Whenever I type in /mml import (filename) it says that it cannot find the midi file. Any suggestions/answers? Thanks in advance. I really look forward to using this plugin to import midi files. Also if it is relevant to the problem in anyway, im using a mac to run my server.

5. Offline

Raycrash

after the files are stored on the server you need to restart him.

6. Offline

miketoast

It says "an internal error occurred while attempting to perform this command" if I try to use any of the /mml commands

Code:
    14:25:00 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'mml'
     in plugin MusicCraft v1.4.4
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:12
    9)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:2
    98)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.
    java:711)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:676)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:669)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.entity.Player.hasPermission(L
    java/lang/String;)Z
            at com.bekvon.bukkit.musiccraft.MusicCraft.hasAuthority(MusicCraft.java:
    73)
            at com.bekvon.bukkit.musiccraft.MusicCraft.onCommand(MusicCraft.java:97)

at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            ... 12 more
    14:25:03 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'mml'
     in plugin MusicCraft v1.4.4
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:12
    9)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:2
    98)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.
    java:711)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:676)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:669)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:84)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:451)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:361)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.entity.Player.hasPermission(L
    java/lang/String;)Z
            at com.bekvon.bukkit.musiccraft.MusicCraft.hasAuthority(MusicCraft.java:
    73)
            at com.bekvon.bukkit.musiccraft.MusicCraft.onCommand(MusicCraft.java:97)

at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            ... 12 more
    On a separate note, if I loop the song it starts to get really unsynced
    >

7. Offline

Moromillas

Has anyone gotten the de-sync issue and somehow fixed it?

I've got multiple files with different instruments for the one song, yet I'm racking my brain trying to get them to sync up properly, I can't figure out why it's de-syncronizing, especially when using the loop function.

Edit: Also, I noticed that there are slashes in the MML line for the Gold Saucer song. What are those slashes used for?

Edit2: @bekvon Just tried on my brothers computer with a slightly faster processor. Perfect sync. The play note function, does it fire from different OnUpdates for different signs?

8. Offline

dafluf

I've searched the very reaches of the interwebz looking for still alive to play in musiccraft. Since I couldn't find it, I decided to create one myself.

MML Files: Still Alive
    Usage:
    Stillalive 1 & 2: Piano (Dirt, Air, ...)
    Stillalive 3 & 4: Bass (Wood)

To get used to writing in MML, i've made something simple. I made the futurama theme using a single instrument. I figured i'd upload it as well.

MML File: Futurama
    Usage: Piano (Dirt, Air, ...)

9. Offline

Evangon

I can't convert MIDI to MML.
    It only comes out with 3 notes max. It's getting annoying.
    Can someone try to convert this MIDI to MML?
    MIDI: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35094909/LG.mid
    I know I'm putting MusicCraft to it's edges with the complex notes.

10. Offline

Raycrash

This is one of the greatest plugins, but I really need help converting some songs, could someone do the "Flohwalzer" / "Chopsticks" or if you want "flea waltz"?

And a short guide how you convert them ?

11. Offline

Raycrash

12. Offline

LamaBrains

Great Idea! but its a bit confusing thats all

13. Offline

chlitto

will there be an update for 1.0 ?

14. Offline

Bertware

@Chlitto:
    works fine for me, b1550 and MC1.0.0

15. Offline

xeNium

Sir, did this plugin can play music too? Like a singing music?

16. Offline

Raycrash

no it doesn't, this is due to a limitation in the midi files aswell as minecraft note system.

17. Offline

curse74

I love the plugin man! One question: is it possible to make the "rests" between notes longer than 999 mms?

18. Offline

Ollj

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcIYiH-c8ik&feature=player_detailpage#t=154s & http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utmD4XC1EMQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=349s

Skyrim main melody:
    Song=[MML]t200o2dc#drrr dc#drrr c#derdrc#rdrrr babrrr babrrr abc#rdrarbrrr x

Kirbys Dreamland (Green Greens)
    Song=[MML]t100 o1 grRg crrrrrrrrrrR crre o2gRcR bRaR Grrro1 Err02G01FrrrDrrEDrrrErrDCrrrrrrrrrrr x

Ten green Bottles, known from the game "Lemmings" (aka. Ten german Bombers):
    Song=[MML]t100 o1 frrrfrrr fr o2 arrrrr grr o1 f o2 grr a o1 frrrrrrr o2 arrrarrr ar crrrrr a#rr a a#rr c arrr o1 frrfo2 drrrdrrr crr arrr o1f o2grr a grr o1f drrr crr d frrrfrrrfr o2arrrrr grr o1f o2grr a o1frrrrrrr x

London Bridge is Falling Down (also Marry had a little lamb) (2 tracks):
    Song=[MML]t200o2dc#drrr dc#drrr c#derdrc#rdrrr babrrr babrrr abc#rdrarbrrr x
    Song=[MML]t200 o2 dedc bcdr abcr bcdr dedc bcdr ardr bg

The higher octaves of Lux Aeterna , Requiem for a Dream (4 tracks):

Song=[MML]t200o2o2a#rargro1dro2a#rargro1dro2a#rargro1dr o2cra#rara#r o2a#rargro1dro2a#rargro1dro2a#rargro1dr o2cra#rarg ro2a#rargro1dro2a#rargro1dro2a#rargro1dr o2cra#rara#ro2a#rargro1dro2a#rargro1dro2a#rargro1dr o2cra#rarg ro2a#rargro1dro2a#rargro1dro2a#rargro1dr o2cra#rara#ro2a#rargro1dro2a#rargro1dro2a#rargro1dr o2cra#rara#rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrro2 a#rar g r a#a#a#aaa g r a#a#a#a a a g r gg gaaa a a#a#a#rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Song=[MML]t200o2rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrro2 g rgr o1d ro2 R R g ggg o1d ro2 R R g g g g o1d#ro2 RR RRRR f#f#f#f#rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Song=[MML]t200o2rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrra#rgr RR a#ga#grRRR a#ga#grRRR a#ga#ga#ga#ga#ga#arRRR a#aa#arRRR a#aa#arRRR a#aa#aa#aa#aa#ao2a#rargro1dro2a#rargro1dro2a#rargro1dr o2cra#rara#r o2a#rargro1dro2a#rargro1dro2a#rargro1dr o2cra#rara#r g

Song=t200o2rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrro2 a#rar g r a#a#a#aaa g r a#a#a#a a a g r gg gaaa a a#a#a# rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The higher octaves of Ducktales, The Moon (some notes off scale):

Song=[MML]t15000 o2f#o1f#c#o2f#g#o1c#o2f#g#bo1c#o2ba#o1c#o2a#g#f# o2f#o1f#c#o2f#g#o1c#o2f#g#bo1c#o2ba#o1c#o2a#g#f# o2f#o1f#c#o2f#g#o1c#o2f#g#bo1c#o2ba#o1c#o2a#g#f# o2f#o1f#c#o2f#g#o1c#o2f#g#bo1c#o2ba#o1c#o2a#g#f# o2f#o1f#c#o2f#g#o1c#o2f#g#bo1c#o2ba#o1c#o2a#g#f# o2f#o1f#c#o2f#g#o1c#o2f#g#bo1c#o2ba#o1c#o2a#g#f# o2f#o1f#c#o2f#g#o1c#o2f#g#bo1c#o2ba#o1c#o2a#g#f# o2f#o1f#c#o2f#g#o1c#o2f#g#bo1c#o2ba#o1c#o2a#g#f# o2f#o1f#c#o2f#g#o1c#o2f#g#bo1c#o2ba#o1c#o2a#g#f# o2f#o1f#c#o2f#g#o1c#o2f#g#bo1c#o2ba#o1c#o2a#g#f# o2f#o1f#c#o2f#g#o1c#o2f#g#bo1c#o2ba#o1c#o2a#g#f# o2f#o1f#c#o2f#g#o1c#o2f#g#bo1c#o2ba#o1c#o2a#g#f# o2f#o1f#c#o2f#g#o1c#o2f#g#bo1c#o2ba#o1c#o2a#g#f#o2f#o1ad o2adg# o1d o2g# g#d#a#f# o1da# f#c#da#aarrdraa c#ae r g#ae dddd r d r ffffffff r cc rr dd r ccccccc e o2f#f#f#f#f#f#f#f#f# o1fffffff o2f# o3f# o1f#c#o2f#g#o1c#o2f#g#bo1c#o2ba#o1c#o2a#g#f# o2f#o1f#c#o2f#g#o1c#o2f#g#bo1c#o2ba#o1c#o2a#g#f# o2f#o1f#c#o2f#g#o1c#o2f#g#bo1c#o2ba#o1c#o2a#g#f# o2f#o1f#c#o2f#g#o1c#o2f#g#bo1c#o2ba#o1c#o2a#g#f# o2f#o1f#c#o2f#g#o1c#o2f#g#bo1c#o2ba#o1c#o2a#g#f# o2f#o1f#c#o2f#g#o1c#o2f#g#bo1c#o2ba#o1c#o2a#g#f# o2f#o1f#c#o2f#g#o1c#o2f#g#bo1c#o2ba#o1c#o2a#g#f# o2f#o1f#c#o2f#g#o1c#o2f#g#bo1c#o2ba#o1c#o2a#g#f# o2f#o2f#o1ad o2adg# o1d o2g# g#d#a#f# o1da# f#c#da#aarrdraa c#ae r g#ae dddd r d r ffffffff r cc rr dd r ccccccc e o2f#f#f#f#f#f#f#f#f# o1fffffff o2f# o3f#

19. Offline

Questjon

Quick Q about the import function.
    We imported a song but only 1 track is available. Did we do something wrong or do you need to split the midi tracks manually before importing them?
    Cheers

20. can someone tell me how to make the media catalog files

21. Offline

Rasmu1996

i have a problem, i cant hear the music when i start playing a song, the plugin itselfs work cause i still se info in the chat "started playing"​
    can someone help me?​

22. Offline

sean_skroht

This plugin is in dire need of an update.

This plugin was installed on a new clean server with no other plugins installed other than PermissionsBukkit. Using latest CraftBukkit Recommended Build 1.1 R3 (1846).

MusicCraft seems to load up correctly on server start-up, but whenever a song is played we get the following error:

2012-02-11 11:06:01 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-10"
    2012-02-11 11:06:01 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Thread-11"
    2012-02-11 11:06:01 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.Note.<init>(B)V
    2012-02-11 11:06:01 [SEVERE] at com.bekvon.bukkit.musiccraft.MMLPerformer.playSong(MMLPerformer.java:84)
    2012-02-11 11:06:01 [SEVERE] at com.bekvon.bukkit.musiccraft.MMLPerformer.access$100(MMLPerformer.java:16)
    2012-02-11 11:06:01 [SEVERE] at com.bekvon.bukkit.musiccraft.MMLPerformer$1.run(MMLPerformer.java:48)
    2012-02-11 11:06:01 [SEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    2012-02-11 11:06:01 [SEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.bukkit.Note.<init>(B)V
    2012-02-11 11:06:01 [SEVERE] at com.bekvon.bukkit.musiccraft.MMLPerformer.playSong(MMLPerformer.java:84)
    2012-02-11 11:06:01 [SEVERE] at com.bekvon.bukkit.musiccraft.MMLPerformer.access$100(MMLPerformer.java:16)
    2012-02-11 11:06:01 [SEVERE] at com.bekvon.bukkit.musiccraft.MMLPerformer$1.run(MMLPerformer.java:48)
    2012-02-11 11:06:01 [SEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Yes we are using this plugin correctly.

mirroronthewall likes this.
  23. Offline

JayEffKay

miketoast
    sean_skroht
    I've rebuild this plugin with the latest bukkit api (1.1R5), that should at least solve the NoSuchMethodError on Player.hasPermission() and probably some others.
    The plugin works on my server, music is played with signs, but I haven't tested it through in any way. Remember this is just a rebuild, I didn't change/update anything in the code. I might do that later if more reports of errors come in and noone else will.

Rebuild can be downloaded here.

Attached Files:

elfaus and mirroronthewall like this.
  24. Offline

Siphix

I am having issues with this. For some reason I cant hear anything when I play the sign. I can still right click a note block and hear it change tone. I see that it says song is playing when i click sign but I dont hear anything. Any help?

25. Offline

Jzigger

1. Same issue as Siphix
    2. UPDATE TO 1.2!!!!!

mrarroyo likes this.
  26. Offline

Guitraboy

omg is your picture Gosick? I love that show. Which reminds me.. I forgot to change my picture... :D

27. Offline

Cody Pawlowski

1.2.3 Update?

jawatech and mrarroyo like this.
  28. Offline

mrarroyo

Please update. This is a unique plugin. I would love to use it. :/

jawatech likes this.
  29. Offline

Cody Pawlowski

30. Offline

mrarroyo