Inactive [FUN/MECH] ChopTree 1.24 - Chop Trees by Removing Lowest Block - Like Cacti [1000] (by Arcwolf)

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by askmeaboutlo0m, May 1, 2011.

1. Offline

askmeaboutlo0m

ChopTree - Chop trees like cacti or make logs move down while chopping
    Version: 1.24

ATTENTION:
    There seems to be a plugin conflict where the client crashes with a blue-white screen and keeps crashing for minutes after that.
    If you encounter the error please give me a list of the plugins you are using, with enough lists I will be able to outrule what causes it. Please also tell me if you are using any client-side mods.

Thanks very much to Arcwolf for developing version 1.24!

Tested with Craftbukkit build [740], [766], [798], [818], [1000].
    Supports: Permissions v. 2.7.2 (Phoenix) and mcMMO v. 1.0.07.
    Please give me feedback, ask any questions you like and/or provide suggestions!
    Thank you!

Features:
    • Lets trees act like cacti - remove a block and all blocks above are yieled too.
    • Or you can make that log blocks move down one by one instead - no more climbing trees.
    • Works with all three tree types (they all yeild their own wood).
    • Also works with "big" trees that have multiple branches - makes felling them a lot easier.
    • Restrict using this plugin to certain tools only.
    • Supports mcMMO and Permissions.
    • Only works on trees, houses made of logs are safe!
    • Chunk protection to make your tree houses safe.
    Download (JAR file) | Source (ZIP file)

Description:
    This plugin was requested by Britich and is inspired by the Canary plugin RealTree by billyoyo.
    However, it is not just a simple port of that plugin, it was made from scratch after Britich's description.

Pictures:
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    Approach tree...

[​IMG]
    ...and punch it.

[​IMG]
    All logs will be yielded.

[​IMG]
    The leaves will decay like normal.

Set-up:

Even though I added a lot of things for version 1.2 it will act like the original one if you don't change any settings - with the exception of players are able to toggle the plugin.​
    To run this plugin just copy it into your plugins folder. On first startup it will create a ChopTree folder and a ChopTree.properties file, which you can edit.​
    There will be a ChopTree.players file which saves player toggles and a ChopTree.chunks file which saves protected chunks.​

Properties File:
    Show Spoiler

The ChopTree.properties file will look like this when first created:
    Code:
    # -ChopTree Properties-
    # You can add or change the command and toggle command aliases here.
    # Because of technical limitations the console commands will always be "ChopTree" and "ct", but the in-game comments will be taken from here.

Command = ChopTree, ct
    Toggle = ToggleChop, tc

# Here you can change the options (can also be done in-game).

ActiveByDefault = true
    UseAnything = true
    MoreDamageToTools = false
    InterruptIfToolBreaks = false
    SupportMcmmoIfAvailable = true
    TreeFellerNeeded = false
    LogsMoveDown = false
    OnlyTrees = true

# -Material List-
    # If the "UseAnything" option is false, the plugin will take the items you can use to chop trees with from here.
    # You can either put in the material's name or its ID.

mat = WOOD_AXE
    mat = STONE_AXE
    mat = IRON_AXE
    mat = GOLD_AXE
    mat = DIAMOND_AXE

Command and Toggle can be changed manually by just adding more aliases for them, seperated by commas. Note that if you run the command from the console it will always have the aliases "ChopTree" and "ct", no matter what it says in your file.
    You can also remove either of the lines to disable the command for players completely.

The options can be changed manually in the file too. To find out which option has which effect look at the "Commands" section below.

The material list will only be used if the option UseAnything is false. In that case you can specify which items players can use to chop trees with this plugin, other items will not trigger plugin effects (except chunk protection). You can either use the item ID or it's name.
    If you want to make tree chopping more costly you can only allow gold axes for example.
    List of item IDs on Minecraft Wiki, list of all item names in the Bukkit documentation.

Commands:
    Show Spoiler

ChopTree - show status of all options.
    ChopTree (option) - show status of specified option.
    ChopTree (option) (true/false) - switch option on or off.
    ChopTree chunk - shows if your current chunk is protected.
    ChopTree protect - deactivates the plugin in your chunk.
    ChopTree fullprotect - disables destroying logs in general (not only with plugin) in your chunk.
    ChopTree reload - reloades changes from your properties file (the normal reload won't do that)
    ToggleChop - toggles the plugin on and off for a player.

(option) can be:
    ActiveByDefault - choose if plugin will be toggled on or off for players (on).​
    UseAnything - if activated players can use any item to chop trees, else materials list will be used (off).​
    MoreDamageToTools - toggles damage to tools for every chooped log (off).​
    InterruptIfToolBreaks - if activated tree chopping will interrupt if the tool breaks (off).​
    SupportMcmmoIfAvailable - if activated plugin will support mcMMO if it can find it (on).​
    TreeFellerNeeded - choose if players need to have mcMMO's tree feller enabled (off).​
    LogsMoveDown - if activated logs will move down when chopped instead of popping like cacti (off).​
    OnlyTrees - if enabled only trees can be chopped, else all logs can be (on).​
    EnableOverride - if enabled choptree.override nodes can be used (off)​

Aliases:
    Show Spoiler

ct or "command" in properties file for ChopTree.
    tc or "toggle" in properties file for ToggleChop.
    c for chunk.
    p for protect.
    f or full for fullprotect.
    r for reload
    a or default for ActiveByDefault.
    u or anything for UseAnything.
    m or damage for MoreDamageToTools.
    i or interrupt for InterruptIfToolBreaks.
    l or down for LogsMoveDown.
    o or trees for OnlyTrees.
    e or override for EnableOverride.

Permissions:
    Show Spoiler

Permissions node - description (default if you are not using Permissions)

choptree.chop - chop trees using this plugin (all)

choptree.command.check - check what status the options have (all)
    choptree.command.change - change status of options (ops)
    choptree.command.toggle - toggle plugin per player (all)
    choptree.command.protect - protect/unprotect chunks (ops)
    choptree.command.chunk - see if the chunk is protected (all)
    choptree.command.reload - reload properties file (ops)

Override nodes will be ignored if EnableOverride is false.

choptree.override.moredamagetotools - will not have tools damaged for every log (off)
    choptree.override.useanything - can use any item (off)
    choptree.override.interruptiftoolbreaks - chopping won't interrupt when the tool breaks (off)
    choptree.override.treefellerneeded - tree feller is never needed (off)
    choptree.override.onlytrees - can chop all logs, not only trees (off)
    choptree.override.chunkprotection - chunk protection will be ignored (ops)

To Do:
    • (Medium) Test with WorldGuard, remove conflict
    • (Medium) Enhance isTree algorithm a bit more
    • (Medium) Add [tools], [non-tools] and [hands] to material list
    • (Low) Add configurable drops
    • (Low) Add automatic sapling replant
    Changelog:
    • Version 1.24 by Arcwolf - Download (JAR file) | Source (ZIP file) - July 28. '11
      • Removed deprecated methods
      • Fixed mcMMO compatibility
      • Updated for Craftbukkit build [1000]
    • Version 1.23 - Download (JAR file) | Source (ZIP file) - June 02. '11
      • Fixed an error with iron axe receiving double damage as if it wasn't an axe
      • Added /ct reload command to reload changes from properties file
    • Version 1.22_2 - Download (JAR file) | Source (ZIP file) - June 01. '11
      • Recompiled for Minecraft 1.6.6/Craftbukkit [818]
    • Version 1.22_1 - Download (JAR file) | Source (ZIP file) - May 22. '11
      • Fixed chunk protection Permissions
    • Version 1.22 - Download (JAR file) | Source (ZIP file) - May 22. '11
      • Fixed chunk protection
    • Version 1.21 - Download (JAR file) | Source (ZIP file) - May 16. '11
      • Added EnableOverride option (off by default) to fix wildcard problem
    • Version 1.2 - Download (JAR file) | Source (ZIP file) - May 14. '11
      • Rewrote tree finding algorithm
      • Fixed some bugs leading clients to crash
      • Fixed and extended Permissions support
      • Added toggle commands
      • Added mcMMO support
      • Added option that player has to have mcMMO's TreeFeller enabled
      • Added optional damage to tools
      • Added optional tools list to restrict using this plugin only with certian tools
      • Added option to let trees go down one by one instead of popping like cacti
      • Added chunk-wise protection
      • Included plugin.yml into source download
      • Probably more
    • Version 1.1 - Download (JAR file) | Source (ZIP file) - May 5. '11
      • Added Permissions support
      • Fixed bug with some pine trees not being chopped
    • Version 1.0 - Download (JAR file) | Source (ZIP file) - May 1. '11
      • Initial Release

2. Offline

NeonJ

No, I mean that only X logs will actually dissapear when you chop the tree, all dropping their usual mcMMO drops (which means that Double Drops could apply, amirite?)

3. Offline

tiba666

looke like this

L
    LLL
    L
    LWL
    LWL
    W
    LWL
    W
    W
    W
    W
    W
    or some think like that L = leaves W = logs

4. Offline

askmeaboutlo0m

I haven't played with mcMMO yet so it might need some tinkering until it's right.
    Double Drops seems simple though.

I'm pretty sure my algorithm just doesn't recognise it as trees, gotta change that a little for those :p
    Thanks.

5. Offline

Ranzear

I wan't this plugin just to stop giant trees from leaving one log hidden in the very top and keeping that strange mass of floating leaves in the air, but I'm waiting for MCMMO support. Maybe I'll just put 10x woodcutting experience gain on while I run this.

6. Offline

askmeaboutlo0m

I am working on the mcMMO support :p
    Making it 10x makes players able to chop down trees from top to bottom and get 10x experience every time.

7. Offline

BFC_Mike

Doesn't seem to work with WorldEdit's Superpickaxe. You have to use an axe:p

8. Offline

Coolred303

THANK U SO MUCH!!! great plugin and really takes the hassle off chopping down the big trees!! Thank you again!!

9. Offline

Avous

could you add permissions support :p i know odd request but im making a rpg server and this would go well with the florists profession

10. Offline

CoolOppo

One request:
    Can you make it do more damage to axes when they chop down a tree? Normally they would have to cut down multiple blocks but now they only chop 1 and take almost no damage on their axe.

Anyways, this plugin is awesome, and for people wondering,
    It works with TreeAssist.
    Keep up the good work!

11. Offline

Hrdkr

I've noticed a strange behaviour of this plugin. Some trees are chopping well, while others (minor part) are not affected but this plugin and you need to chop it block-by-block. I didn't see any regularity here, maybe some tree mechanics plugins interfere with ChopTree? Currently I am using TreeAssist and AppleTree plugins.
    Update.
    Seems I've found some kind of this bug's regularity — it occurs only on pine/spruces tree type.

12. Offline

Maxis010

The pine trees aren't correctly detected by the isTree algorithm, a fix is being worked on AFAIK

13. Offline

m5k

Just add a permissions node to choptree, and I'm happy. I wanted this as simple as it could get.

14. Offline

askmeaboutlo0m

Correct, I am on that. Probably be out later today.

As already said I implemented that, it'll be in the next version too.

15. Offline

m5k

Oh sorry for being ignorant, thanks a lot.

16. Offline

rareshutzu

Thanks alot! Does this plugin makes the tree cutting harder?..

17. Offline

CDJ445544

I know the whole idea is it is easy to use but i would still like to toggle. Could u make it so i type /ct or somethin to activate it?????????????

18. Offline

askmeaboutlo0m

Yes, I could add that, but it would be rather that you can switch it off with /ct, so it'll be on by default.............

Version 1.1 is out, added Permissions support and fixed the pine tree bug.
    mcMMO support is being a little tricky, but I'm working on it.

Avous likes this.
  19. Offline

rareshutzu

I mean can you make the wood cut harder? It's not kinda fair running and cutting huge trees :D

20. Offline

askmeaboutlo0m

Yes, I can, but I still want to keep the simplicity of this plugin so it doesn't need to be set up.

21. Offline

m5k

I'd suggest leaving this simple plugin as is and make another version with all the features everyone gave (or make this one into a highly configurable one, but with the default config being as simple as it is now.

22. Offline

StCloud

This is probably my favorite plugin. Chopping trees is funner than hitting a pinata now.

23. Offline

Ratte

somehow the permissions doesn't work for me. is there any extra config to set? :(

24. Offline

kieranthethomas

Will it destroy a treehouse with leaves on it?

25. Offline

Ratte

as far as i tested it, it doesn't even work if you remove the last bit of log of a tree and placing it back, so your treehouse should be safe.

26. Offline

askmeaboutlo0m

No, there actually isn't. I have to check again, I thought I had it working.
    Does everyone have permission to chop trees or no one?

Yes, it will, if there are three or more leaves around the top block.
    I think I should include chunk-wise protection.

27. Offline

kronflux

This is amazing! The only thing I'd change(or add) is the ability to specify how hard it is to break logs.
    This is how trees -should- work in minecraft. But it should be harder to chop that bottom log, so it's not so ridiculously easy to take a whole tree down.
    So basically increase mining times.

28. Offline

kaasinees

Please dont add commands... can you do it through permissions and config files? A treechopping-time variable in a config file would be great.

Can you also add in the config file for drop items? for example a tree has x% chance to be an apple tree and y% chance for each leaf to drop an apple.

example config:
    Code:
    chop-time: 15 //seconds
    trees:
                apple:
                         rate: 5% // 5 % chance that the tree is an apple tree
                          drop: apple, 10%; golden apple, 2%

29. Offline

leslieliang

I gave the permission to Moderators only on our server, but default players can use it also.

30. Offline

askmeaboutlo0m

I don't think that is possible, I would have to make it so you have to break a block multiple times and that is kinda silly and unintuitive. But I included more damage to tools for the next version.

Yes commands, but you can disable them and instead work it through permissions.
    And I don't get the thing with the time variable. I could make it that after you chop a log it takes x seconds for the tree to actually break (or to break one by one) but that would just cause players to sit in front of the breaking tree and staring at it until it breaks.
    And yes, I can add drop items, but it's not a high priority item right now.

I'm looking into that, sorry for the inconvenience.

31. Offline

leslieliang

No problem! Thanks for the quick reply.