[FUN] FailAnnounce v1.0.1 - Announce fails via command. Now with win! [1337]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Everdras, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Offline

Everdras

FailAnnounce is now on BukkitDev.
    This page will no longer be maintained.

FailAnnounce - Announce your fail, or the fails of others!
    Version: v1.0.1

Sometimes you just need a little re-affirmation that someone has failed. This provides it.

As of v0.2.0, you can also do the same for wins!

Features:
    • /fail - Displays a fail message in server chat indicating that you have failed.
    • /fail <name> - Displays a fail message in server chat indicating that the player whose name is <name> has failed. Has smart name-checking- will 'autocomplete' name of a player if player is online. Cannot fail offline players. Also, for the portion of the name you type, the comparison IS case-sensitive.
    • Custom list of fail messages. Run FailAnnounce once, then open .../plugins/FailAnnounce/Fail_messages.txt and add in your own custom messages. If you never add messages to the .txt (or if you delete everything in it) the plugin will revert to default messages.
    • /win other - Displays a win message in server chat indicating that the player has won.
    • When using custom messages, you can either have them added to the list of possible messages (and keep the defaults) or have them completely override them.
    • /fa ignoredefaults true/false - lets you turn off/on the default messages
    • /fa reload - reloads the custom messages. lets you update the messages it uses without wasting CPU time doing a full reload of all plugins
    Permissions Nodes:
    • FailAnnounce.other - for /fail name
    • FailAnnounce.unlimited - allows the person to bypass the flood control
    • FailAnnounce.options - allows access to all /fa "options" oriented commands
    Download FailAnnounce: JAR
    Source Code: GoogleCode

Sample Win/Fail_messages.txt:
    Show Spoiler

Guide:
    • Each message is on its own line.
    • Don't skip lines or leave empty lines.
    • No spaces before the first word, just start typing.
    • The message must start as if the name of the person were the first word of the phrase. See the example below.
    Code:
    has failed.
    is a total failer.
    might as well stop trying.
    needs serious help in the 'win' department.

French Help:
    Show Spoiler

• Tapez "/fail" ou "/fail {autre}".
    • /échoue marche aussi
    • Les message défauts sont en anglais. Définez les votres pour qu'ils soient en francais.
    AIDE: Le fichier .../plugins/FailAnnounce/Fail_messages.txt:
    Guide:
    • Chaque message est sur son propre ligne.
    • Ne saute pas des lignes, ne laisse pas des lignes vides
    • Pas d'éspace avant le premier mot de chaque ligne.
    Code:
    devrait arreter d'essayer.
    a besoin d'aide dans le domaine de "ganger."

Changelog:
    Show Spoiler

Random hotfixes since 0.2.0:
    -commands now work from console
    -can do a reload of custom messages without doing a full reload of all plugins
    Version 0.2.0
    • Added /win
    • tweaked spam throttle algorithm
    • changes how custom messages are integrated
    Version 0.1.1
    • Added command aliases for French language suppoer (/echoue, /échoue)
    • Can now use a custom list of fail messages. Run FailAnnounce once, then open .../plugins/FailAnnounce/FA_messages.txt and add in your own custom messages.
    Version 0.1
    Initial Release.

TODO LIST:
    • Nothing atm. AFAIK.
    Do you enjoy what I do? Then click the spoiler below!
    Show Spoiler
    Show Spoiler
    Show Spoiler

I'm the Server Manager for ChiRho Entertainment. Stop on by, and stay and play if you like it!
    [​IMG]

Also, I'm a college student! So, any small gifts you could part with to support my plugin development (and my habit of eating food) is enormously appreciated! Click here to donate via PayPal!

(If you donate $5 or more, I'll personally write you a haiku. And if you mention it to me, I'll push updating the plugin of your choice (that I develop) to the top of my to-do list.)

2. Offline

Pythros

We use HeroChat as well on our server and have no issues with this. Please pastebin.com your server log a few lines prior to and after the error was produced.

3. Offline

Everdras

Just like pythros, I am also unable to reproduce the error. Try manually deleting ../plugins/FailAnnounce/ (The directory, not the jar.)

4. Offline

LordJason

I'd like too, but the problem seems to be corrected. I guess it was just because it was the first load. After a few restarts I attempted to reproduce the errors and they aren't showing up. Thank you anyway. /win

5. Offline

Everdras

I like it when problems fix themselves. Though I can't seem to reproduce THAT too frequently either.

6. Offline

fatmarley

@Everdras i'm still loving this, hope your are still maintaining it.

7. Offline

Everdras

Yep, I'm still here. I wrote this after it was requested on my own server, so it'll be maintained regardless. Changelogs and such may suffer a bit here though. I still need to move this over to bukkitdev.

I'll update the trapping and such around here (RB number, etc).