Inactive [FUN/ECON/DEV] uQuest v1.50 - Overly customizable quest system [793 - 602]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Hawox, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Hawox

As most of you can guess I have not worked on this plugin in a long time. I'm working full time at a grocery store as well as going to college. I literally have no time for sleep let alone Minecraft. Recently someone has contacted me saying they are working on my plugin. I appreciate his work and effort while I am away. This is a link to his topic. His download can be found at hawox.no-ip.info
    uQuest - Overly customizable quest system!
    German Questlist 5/16/11
    [​IMG]
    Coming Soon!
    Gui Questmaker (Heres a beta build!)
    Upload/download area for quests!
    mcMMO extension!

Team:
    Hawox
    Laxlux - New German quest list maintainer
    HiMyNameIsAJ - Creating a uQuest website
    Looking for:
    • Someone to make a nice looking website for uquest (Not my cup of java).
    • Someone to add MySql support.
    • Plugin attachment devs!
    • Someone with ideas on different quest types!
    • People to write some random quests to be thrown in the defaults!

-----------------------Plugin summery below this point-----------------------
    ~Comes preloaded with 53 quests!~

Support for: (You don't NEED any of these for the plugin to work.)
    Code:
    Permissions (but not needed!)
      -"uQuest.CanQuest.*" - Allows all these sub permissions
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.done"
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.amount"
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.stats'
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.info"
        -"uQuest.CanQuest.give"
        -"uQuest.CanDropQuest"

-"uQuest.CanReloadQuests" - Allows the use of /reloadquests
      -"uQuest.CanReloadQuestConfig" - Allows the use of /reloadquestconfig

iConomy (but not needed!)
     BOSEconomy (Again, not needed!)
     Essentials! (Again, not needed!)
    Alright here goes, theres a lot to cover so I may miss something on this first go threw! Want a better way to get money into your server economy that selling items to the server or random lottery's? Do you like QUESTS?!?! Do you want your users to compete to see who is a better quester? Then uQuest might be for you!

uQuest offers your users a simple way to quest! No need to walk miles and miles to a random NPC or click on some block at spawn. All they need to do is type '/uquest give' and uQuest will give them a random quest from it's database! A yml file is provided where you type out each quest for your users. That's right. YOU can decide how many quests there are, what they are, and how you want your users to do them (creating and editing this file are explained on the wiki). You can broadcast every x quests someone finishes to the server as well as give out rewards for x amount of quests. I'll leave the rest for the features section, just thought I'd get you hooked with that :3 If you grab the .zip (which you need to if you want to store your users in a SQLite database!) I have included 53 quests inside!

All of that not enough? Well theres an API! Other plugin authors can use this as a base for their own plugins!

Here's a quick screenshot of what the text looks like:
    [​IMG]

~Features~
    (I may miss a few, there's quite a bit)

~Quest Types~
    All of these can have specific locations set to them! (Can only do in this area etc)
    (More to come I promise!!)

~Commands~
    (More to come I promise!!)

~Watch out~
    With great power (of customization)... Come's great responsibility.... There is a lot that can go wrong if you don't pay attention when your changing files. Thankfully, I've tried to have the plugin spew out as many warnings as it could on the servers start. Always give it a check to make sure the plugin loaded all of your work!!!

~Plugin Attachments~
    (These plugins add new features to the basic uQuest system)
    Updates needed: Move quests | Picking up items. | Support for uQuest levels
    Completes quests automagicly! Works with the same methods as showtracker so it has the same flaws. There is this weird bug when running both at the same time that spams some weird extra text. Try to ignore it for now.
    Just put the jar into your plugins folder and it will work on it's own!
    Updates needed: Move quests | Picking up items. | Unknown status on working with quest levels. | Odd text bug with showtracker/this mix.

~Plugins using the API~
    (These plugins use the uQuest API to shape their own plugin)
    PuzzleQuest

Since people don't read the above, I'll post this again here so I don't have to write the reply back to this anymore.

2. Offline

Futil

Perhaps automatic quests that the player gains when they enter a certain area?

3. Offline

Lookatmego

hm im not sure but has this been updated to essentials.eco yet or no?just asking:)

4. Offline

Hawox

I finished the API. I'm making the sign plugin (it's not going to be much, just an example of how to use it. I thank you guys for giving me the idea for making an API. I can't wait to see what you guys make!

Yeah I need to get the essentials econ stuff still. I am on vacation so I'm doing as much as I can. I'm currently making a wiki and a dropbox for the plugin. The post is too big for me to edit. The BBC code starts to eat it. I'll try to get it up at some point tonight.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  5. Offline

papy

6. Offline

Xemnas33

Hmm a suggestion, how about a go to location quest? That way you can pre-define an area for finishing the quest meaning they may have to get passed obstalces and do challenges to get there. :)

7. Offline

Evan Melvin

Two things;

Is it possible to port the location quest objective from Craftizens? I have quite a few locations in my world that I'd like to set as an objective.

And you should convince fullwall to support this plugin with his Citizens mod.

8. Offline

some1

9. Offline

Hawox

Lots of support requests! Once I have my API, wiki, and dropbox up I will start working on getting support for other plugins! I on;t have a few minutes here and there since I am not at home. Going to see family I've never seen before at Knotts Berry Farm today!

EDIT: I will be adding many more fields to the quests. I will need them to support all of the features that are being requested. Has anyone tried making quests yet? I need some feedback to see if I need to better explain/simplify it before adding more. I have my API done, but I have to leave the house. I'll try to have it up tonight with essentials econ support.

10. Offline

papy

I have up my bukkit and its ok

11. Offline

LucidLethargy

Awesome plugin, fantastic work! :D

12. Offline

riuthamus

13. Offline

Sir Joe

I have a few suggestions I don't know how hard they would be to implement but here we go.
    • Instead of using a /questme command to get quests tie quests to an npc for a more realistic touch.
    • If above implemented when quest is returned to npc have compass point to the next quest giver(if there is one)
    • Ability to give more then one reward for example, 30 iconomy coins and a stone pickaxe.
    • Reach a certain depth quest.
    There are just ideas, regardless of what you do I'm going to be using this.

I currently use this http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/mech-citizens-v1-05-npcs-for-bukkit-traders-coming-soon-493.7173/

Maybe you could sorta combine the two, would be my favorite plugin ever.

14. Offline

Sloppy101

Are you able to have another website to download the file, because my filter randomly blocks mediafire. Thank you

15. Offline

Hawox

Yeah I am getting a drop box and wiki up. Once I get the API out (I was at Knotts Berry Farm today. Yay vacation!) I'll start adding in support for different money plugins, add other quests. Kill confirmed, I think I'll addgoto location quest; which will encompass the depth inside it.

16. Offline

GooMan

can we have the source code?

17. Offline

Hawox

Yes you may! I need to get everything setteled first then I will get a git or something up. I'm changing it around too much for anything besides the new API to stay caught up with it. Yay just made the API and a wiki for it! It's all here: http://hawox.wikispaces.com/

I'm attempting to edit the main post. Last time I did that it got eaten by BBC so lets hope for the best!

18. Offline

GooMan

thank you hawox :). you must add NPC's!! :D

EDIT:
    there is no download link for the source :(

19. Offline

Hawox

I don't think I will honestly. With this new API I will be trying to add in as much stuff into the types of quests, what they offer, how to complete them, etc etc. However I did just release an API! With this other plugin authors can tap into my code and use it as their own. With this someone else can make a NPC quest system easily! =o

EDIT:
    I am so damn tired after walking all day and riding everything at Knotts (There were no rides! I rode near everything! =o). I wanted to get this out tonight because people have asked for it and it's been sitting done on my HDD. All I had to do was spend a few hours on making the wiki and drop box. Can't wait to see what you guys do! ~Going to sleep

20. Offline

Hoddie54

Hm.... This looks nice. I'll keep my eye on this one! :D

21. Offline

DJ_Idol

This looks like an amazing plugin, I have just 1 request, and if it's not doable, I understand. Is there anyway you could change the extension of .config to something else? My server won't allow .config uploads, and even if I change extension, upload, and rename back to .config, it still denies it.

22. Offline

Funkfoose

This is a great plugin, good work man. Is there currently a way to abandon your active quest?

23. Offline

Hawox

With my code no there is not. I didn't want people to be able to abandon quests because it would allow them to do the easy quests over and over and over. Though there is a way to abandon them in my API! About changing the extension. Yes I can! Everyone will just need to change their files around. I don't think that's too big of a deal, I did it on my other plugin. Is config.txt okay?

EDIT: Adding more methods to the API! I'm going to try and add everything I can to this. I really hope others can use this as a base for their quest plugins. No need to reinvent the wheel if it works!

24. Offline

fullwall

How do I disable commands from within the API? Say if I wanted to make my NPC plugin totally NPC-based (no command to start quests) how would I prevent the commands from being used anyway?

25. Offline

Hawox

Ah let me add that in. Currently it's just a variable set by the server owner in the config file. It will be setDefaultUQuest(false); I need to go, I will add it upon my return.

26. Offline

fullwall

OK. Thanks for the speedy reply :).

27. Offline

Mukrakiish

I was just thinking, how awesome would it be if Citizens was to merge or use uQuest. I can't wait to see what comes of this Fullwall & Hawox. This is beyond awesome in plugin development as of late.

28. Offline

fullwall

I definitely plan to use some sort of quest API, and uQuest fits the bill :). But I have to do some code refactoring first.

29. Offline

Hawox

Sweet! Keep me posted on what you need. I'll try to add anything you need to use it. I'm adding the thing above right now. In fact I'll add in support for every variable in the config file! They will just not change in the actual file; so on a restart it will use the server defined vars. So glad people like this! I feel kinda sad I held onto it as long as I did >:

30. Offline

fullwall

How about a function to choose from the different types of quest? You have quest numbers, but how about quest types?
    [MERGETIME="1299602823"][/MERGETIME]
    It's a very nice plugin btw ;).
    [MERGETIME="1299602885"][/MERGETIME]
    Basically, I need methods to stop some of the text this plugin produces, or redirect it.

31. Offline

Hawox

Okay! Do you mean something like: giveQuestRandom(Player player, String questType){ } ?

Also, I'll overload some methods to not display any text what-so-Ever!